main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show - THIS SUNDAY

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Just updating everyone that may not know that this sunday is the Edmonton collectible toy and comic show at the Mayfield Inn 16615-109 ave 11AM - 4PM. Admission is $5.00 and FREE for kids under 12 and this year is the 5th anniversary of the show so to celebrate there will be 2 special guests. They are:

- Daniel Logan: Boba Fett from AOTC in his 1st canadian appearance
    - Larry Hama: Legendary comic book writter for G.I.Joe, Batman, Wolverine, and many more. He also wrote all the file cards for the G.I.Joe action figures.

So if you can make the trip up it is always well worth it as the selection of product is un-matched in the province. Plus this will be the kick off to C4 as it will be 60 days until the big show from sunday. This show is all around fun I've been to this show for 3 or 4 years now and in my opinion there is no other show that can match it for a toy collector. So come on out it's going to be a blast [face_dancing] .

2. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    ...OR stay here and stagnate in unparralled mediocrity. RETRACT THE DOME!

3. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    That was great show. Glad I made the trip. It was fun to try and interrogate Daniel Logan. j/k... I could not believe the great deals on figures there! I got so many that I missed the first time around (ROTS and SAGA) plus I scored a great Hannibal Lecter that I was eyeing at the mall for half the price!

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great show this weekend! Had a fantastic time working the Red 5 booth with my C4 roomies (we are going to have SO much fun in May!!).

Top 5 favourite things about this weekend:
    5. Scoring a wicked Darth Maul t-shirt and matching lunch box for $5
    4. meeting and chatting a whole bunch of crazy cool SW fans
    3. Hanging out with my C4 roomies (road trippin' with Red5 - thanks for saving our lives, dude) and laughing SO MUCH!
    2. Meeting Daniel Logan. He's a deadly charmer! Super nice, chatty and so very friendly. Saw my Fett buckle and Sith Girl shirt, and called me 'his' girl [face_blush] [face_love]
    1. Meeting R2D2!! OMG! He's crazy amazing!! Thanks Dave :D

Much thanks to Angela, Dave, Tim and other members of the 501st, who helped us tear down at the end of the day. You guys are fantastic![:D]

5. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    I'm happy that you guys made it home safely :) I hope there wasn't a sudden stop on the highway going back home *lol*

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Poor Ryan - we were both very sleepy and it was a real challenge to stay awake. More so for him as he was driving. I tried to keep up with the witty banter, but after just 4 hours sleep the night before and the hectic, long day, I could barely string two sentences together. But he got us home safely - thanks buddy!

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Great show as always glad too see everyone and too hear a good time was had by all. Awesome seeing r2 Dave it's just amazing, Daniel Logan was great very friendly and nice to chat with. Made it home safely and crashed hard but all in the name of STAR WARS!!!.

8. Flux_Harbrin

Flux_Harbrin Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    the show was awesome!! finally got some figures that i'd been eyeing on the net for the last few months for far cheaper than than i would have gotten online!! can't wait for next years!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.