Calgary The Edmonton Collectibles Toy and Comic Show - April 20th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well the big show is this sunday at the shaw conference centre so make sure if you can go to this show you do as it is awesome. Loads of goodies are at this show and this year the guest list has expanded and features:

- Ernie Hudson = Winston from Ghostbusters
    - Bonnie Piesse = Aunt Beru from AOTC and ROTS
    - The Force in the Flesh Book crew = Author Shane Turgeon, designer Jeff Correll (from North Carolina) and two featured artists, Chris Iwaniuk from Showdown Tattoo in Edmonton and Luis Villagomez, a renowned artist from Queretaro, Mexico, will all be appearing at the show.

- Local Comic Artists from Edmonton

So loads of awesome going down at the show so don't miss out on this one. Also bring a donation to the edmonton food bank and get entered for some great door prizes.

Don't miss this one check www.edtoyshow.com for all the info and directions to the show.
  2. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Scot, Rita and I will be heading up on Saturday. It's gonna be fun.
  3. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    After missing last year's, I had wanted to go to this year's. But alas, I can't, mostly because it is only a week before CCEE.

Have fun and DRIVE SAFE!!
  4. Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I will also be going on Saturday...btw, does anyone know what getting a tattoo on the back of your shoulder feels like?
  5. Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Speaking of collectibles, does anyone know when this is coming out?

http://gizmodo.com/379213/giant-millennium-falcon-model-jumps-out-of-hyperspace
  6. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Falcon comes out in July/August.
  7. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Not sure about the shoulder, but between the shoulder blades and on the neck feels amazing. Better than a massage. What's your ink gonna be buddy?
  8. vonScott Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As much as I'd like to attend, I've made other plans.
  9. Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How was the show? Sorry we couldn't make it. I hope everyone who went had fun and Dooks I hope you made a killing...
    See you on Saturday.
  10. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It was pretty cool, Cody. Anakin was a hit again. I got a CW Anakin starfighter from Dave Kho, and a picture with Bonnie. It was great to see a bunch of the Edmonton folks again. There were even a couple of decent saber fights ;).
  11. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Good show. The drive sucked - especially coming home. Hwy 2 was an ice rink!

Bonnie was super nice and really beautiful in person (although I thought her $25 charge for an autographed photo was a bit pricey). Not too many folks lined up for her, but it gave us a chance to chat with her for a while.

Red5 did really well - stellar booth as usual!
    The costumes were terrific too.

Ernie Hudson cleaned up - he had a line up all day.
  12. StacyD Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It was an insanely cool couple of days, though the annual tradition of a massive snowstorm while we head up to do the show is beginning to wear a bit thin. The booth setup looked really professional with the new shelving units and we moved a bunch of stuff while seeing some really cool people from the Edmonton crew. Can't wait for next year!

And now, on to the Expo! [face_dancing]

~StacyD
  13. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sounds like everybody had a great time. Good to hear. Did anybody get any pictures for the site?
  14. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Show was amazing as usual and the new ventue was awesome tons of room for people to move around and not be crowded. Guests were great talked with Bonnie and Erin both really nice people who enjoyed talking with fans.

Great to see all my friends from Edmonton and Shane puts on an amazing show even with the weather (1700 people still came out)and the drive home did suck. Can't wait till next year as it moves to hall A (the biggest one) and will be on March 29th was checkout the website and take the survey and join the mailing list.

Show was great and the booth looked pretty good too.
  15. SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for coming everyone! Post some pics please! :D
  16. redeyekho Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Always a pleasure to see you all. I was a vendor this year and sold everything except for 2 items. Thinking about selling next year. See you guys on the weekend :)
  17. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Was great seeing you that came up here, thanks for braving the roads and I hope you got home safe. Shatir, always a great fun bro

18. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That was a great duel bro. Glad my glue fixed the belt buckle.
  19. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No problem, I just have to fox soems light damaged to the fxnow, maybe try a luxeon conversion kit.

:)

hope this weekend goes well for you guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.