The Edmontooine FanFilm ***Official Homework Thread*** --Two assignments total--

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by Indigo_Jade, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST

You can find the list of current Homework Assignments here:
    Force Power Assignment - Post #2
    Script/Story Suggestions - Post # 8

(when you follow the link, the title of the post will be highlighted, so it is easier to find when you are scrolling)

ANYONE can create a Homework Assignment. Whatever you think would make a good Homework Assignment, post it here or if you prefer PM it to me, then PM me the link and I will update the List accordingly.

The main purpose of this thread is to get everybody's input on certain artistic and creative things that have to do with our FanFilm. I know we have some very artistic and creative people in our group, and it would be a shame if we didn't take advantage of that resource.

Please post any ideas that you have, no matter how silly or stupid you may think they are... what you think is silly everybody else may think is the coolest idea since they invented toilet paper.

For the time being, we will still use the "Official FanFilm Thread" to post any and all ideas that do not fall under our Homework Assignments, and all further general-type discussions will take place in that thread or in a yet to be created new one. Please limit this thread to Homework Assignments only. Thanks!!!

Indy/>
  2. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, this one was mentioned at the meeting the other night...

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it...

As this is a "test film" we want to try out some different effects and Force moves in our production.

What we need to do is "think outside the box" and try to come up with some different and creative ways to weild the Force in battle, other than what we have seen in the movies.

Also keep in mind that we have to keep it realistic to what resources we have at our disposal, while we can do a lot with CGI, it does have it's limits (which we can find out when we try your idea... :) )

What we have so far...

Using the wind or just the Force to toss debris or distract an opponent with other smaller objects that aren't meant to kill or disable on their own

Force Shield - similar to the ones that the Droidekas in EP1 had

Force Seeing - a view through a wall or other solid object

Jedi Mind Trick - an effect that clouds the vision or senses of an opponent with an "invisible" effect similar to the cloaking effect of the "Predator" movies...

So what would you like to see???

Indy
  3. Jamaillia Jedi Knight

star 1
    How about "seeing" through anothers eyes and making that person or being do what you want them to do. I guess it would be like a mind trick, but not.

Jamaillia
  4. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jedi Mind Control... I like that... :)

Doesn't even have to be in a sinister way... perhaps one of the Padawans will be temporarily immobilized, and the other is partially blinded by dirt or something, and the stuck Padawan allows the blind one to "use" the stuck one's view to defend himself... not sure exactly how we could do that, but I am sure we could come up with something...

Perhaps a "voice over" that says "Use my sight!" as the blind one frantically tries to clear his vision, and then a look of calm comes over him as he basically focuses on nothing and blocks a few lightsaber strikes and manages to go on offence for long enough for the stuck one to get free (would have to practice this part quite a bit I would imagine). I can kinda see what it would look like in my mind, just kinda hard to describe it... :) In the film itself we could do something like a blurry vision from the front that could fade into a view from where the other Padawan could be...

But I really like that suggestion! Keep em coming!!!

Indy
  5. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Force could be used to rip a weapon from an opponent's hand.

Tomorrow I'll look through my RPG books and see what they have to offer.
    :)
  6. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the thought of the bad guy making a 'slicing' motion at the shins of the opponent to make them get the feet kicked out from under them is a neat one. Rahter then pushing them, they're simply being tripped.

7. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did the mynock eat your homework??

Indy
  8. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

star 2
    With finals on the go, I haven't been able to do the research that I've promised (ie. looking in the RPG handbooks for promising Force powers).

Fear not! It will be done!
  9. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Your additional assignment, should you choose to accept it...

Read over the story/script, and think of things you would like to add, change, or delete!

You won't offend me if you don't like something in the script, so don't worry. As long as it is constructive critisism I have no problem with it... :)

You can either post your suggestions here, in the Main FanFilm thread (preferred), PM them to me, or if you must, wait until the next meeting and give me a hard copy

Indy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.