Beyond THE EIGHTH CORTEX (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp,others) Completed 5/12/04!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Todays teaser: The fic will start with a quote from Master Ikrit ;) if that gives anyone any ideas about the story :D
  2. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Last night I wrote the death scene of an important canon Jedi AND in TLF you'll learn Vergere's motives

You now have me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait!
  3. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    You now have me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait!

Good :D

I'm still going to try and get the first chapter up this week but it's starting to look doubtful.

Todays teaser: Jag is forced to choose between going back to Csilla as the Chiss have ordered all their forces to return home after Leia's theft, or staying with the Alliance and Jaina.
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    no news, things are looking pretty bleak as far as getting the first post up this week :( sorry. I'll still try, but it might be early next week.

Today's Teaser:

The Yuuzhan Vong are afraid to use Slave soldiers or pilots after What Jacen did and Mon Cal, and even suspicious of their yammosks. Shimrra finds a new use for the slaves though [face_devil]
  5. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    There's a slim chance I'll be posting tomorrow.... we'll see. If not, probably early next week if anyone's interested :D

Todays Teaser: Nom Anor does some really, really, REALLY terrible things in this fic. Worse than the coomb spores even :p He will also be wearing the masquer of Yu'shaa once more, but I'm not saying why ;)
  6. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    okay, no post today, sorry :( But I GUARANTEE THE FIRST POST OF TLF WILL BE UP NEXT WEEK.

Todays Teaser: Not really a teaser, but just a note that this fic will have some really good action scenes I think :) the best of the series. And a nice duel at the end ;)
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Okay, it will be posted on Monday. :) that is all... :p
  8. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Get a bloody move on, Yoda! :D Your audience is waiting impatiently here! [face_frustrated]

:p

- The Imperial Ewok
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    *hangs head in shame* :p will be up soon :)
  10. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  11. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
  12. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  13. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  14. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi YodaKenobi
    I've been working on this fic :)
    I'm on chapter 20 so far and it is fantastic (as was the previous one) :D
    I've loaded the whole thing on my palm pilot and am reading it in this gap between Clone Wars novels.

BTW--did they post the Summer Awards results?
    I voted all you and Tahi [face_dancing]
  15. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Hi YodaKenobi
    I've been working on this fic
    I'm on chapter 20 so far and it is fantastic (as was the previous one)

Thanks :D It's good to see you again, Jade-Walker :) How've you been?

I've loaded the whole thing on my palm pilot and am reading it in this gap between Clone Wars novels.

:p cool! I do feel the need to point out that you could be using your time to update your own fic though *hint hint*

BTW--did they post the Summer Awards results?
    I voted all you and Tahi

Yeah, you can probably track down the thread in the Resource forum. It was a little over a month ago I think.
    Thanks, that was very nice of you to vote for me :) I didn't win anything, but Tahi won for her brilliant Yuuzhan Vong love poem.
  16. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks It's good to see you again, Jade-Walker How've you been?
    Doing fine. :) Working on moving.

cool! I do feel the need to point out that you could be using your time to update your own fic though *hint hint*
    [face_blush]
    I've gotten the costuming bug and a lot of my creative juices have been going into that.
    I'm currently working on making a Bespin Han jacket for my sig other. :)

Besides, I read your story while I'm working out. It's much harder to write on the eliptical walker. ;)

Yeah, you can probably track down the thread in the Resource forum. It was a little over a month ago I think.
    Thanks, that was very nice of you to vote for me I didn't win anything, but Tahi won for her brilliant Yuuzhan Vong love poem.

Awww... :( Well, we'll try again in the winter. ;)

Anyways, I've finally finished this story. Brilliant. :D
    I love how you did give Jacen a special destiny/role, but his achievement doesn't terribly overshadow Anakin.
    And it's great how you show Anakin and Tahiri having to start over a bit.
    I'm looking forward to starting the next story. :D See you there! ;)
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Doing fine. Working on moving.

Oh, I hate moving :p it's so much work!

I've gotten the costuming bug and a lot of my creative juices have been going into that.
    I'm currently working on making a Bespin Han jacket for my sig other.

Wow, that sounds fun. And that has to be the perfect gift ;)

Besides, I read your story while I'm working out. It's much harder to write on the eliptical walker.

:p I always listen to music.

Awww... Well, we'll try again in the winter.

Yeah, it's fun just to be nominated though ;)

Anyways, I've finally finished this story. Brilliant.
    I love how you did give Jacen a special destiny/role, but his achievement doesn't terribly overshadow Anakin.

Thanks :) It was important to me to make Jacen more consistent in these fics.

And it's great how you show Anakin and Tahiri having to start over a bit.
    I'm looking forward to starting the next story. See you there!

Yeah, they've got some work to do ;) Thanks for reading, Jade :D I look forward to seeing you in TLF.
  18. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Been a couple months since this has moved ;)
  19. Anahiri Jedi Knight

star 1
    *anahiri pops in out of her hectic life* Great fic, I love it, still!... I'll move on and read the sequal in my free time, when I have it >.<;
  20. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Thanks, Anahiri :) it's good to see you again :D
  21. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Hey everyone! Just trying to keep this from getting locked :p

Is anyone interested in being a beta reader for this so I can have it archieved? [face_batting]

Also, is there any talented and more tech savvy than me, who would be interested in creating cover art for any of these fics? I'd do it myself, but I'm sure it would look terrible.

I'm also still looking for a name for the series if anyone has any ideas, because I don't :p
  22. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Been a few months, bumping to keep from being locked ;)
  23. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi, Yobi

Chapter 1

The ship was perfect. The craft was the size of a small freighter, long and oval shaped, heavily armored and armed, with lots of storage space. It was also the fastest ship in the galaxy.

[face_laugh] What would Han say to this :p ;)

"That's a good Idea," Leia agreed. "You need your beauty sleep."

teehee, Mummy 3PO needs a beauty sleep ;)

It had been so long since the Solo family had been together, and they would never be whole again; not with Chewie gone-- not with Anakin...
    The pain was still too much. It had been nearly two years since her youngest child's death and she still could not think about him without breaking down in tears. Sometimes she would pretend he wasn't gone, just so she could look back on her fond memories of him without realizing she would never see him again.

*sniffs* poor Leia ...

But there was still a small part of Leia that believed her son Anakin was still alive, and would return to them.

:D

An explosion rocked the ship and sent Leia flying from her seat, into a durasteel wall. The alarms began to sound, but Leia could no longer hear them. Warmth and pain filled her face and crimson blood began to stain her eyes.

:eek:

"Harbinger of Peace has been deactivated and is now derelict. It appears the pilot did her job."

*blinks* Leia is the bounty? *blinks*

"What is the meaning of this, you brute?"

*grins* brute? o_O

The assassin replied by leveling his blaster and blowing a hole through the prissy druid's chest, which sent him to the floor.

:_| 3PO!! :eek:

Chapter 2

Vergere destroyed the virus before it could be used and was once again being developed by the Chiss.

:eek: they reworked it again? :rolleyes: stupid ones

Jacen had hoped that the solution was Zonama Sekot. Vergere had told him of the planet before her death, and believed that Zonama Sekot held the secret to a non-violent resolution. However, after meeting the planet and it's Magister, Jabitha, he was afraid it would become yet another weapon.

o_O the planet a weapon?

"Relax, Kenth Hamner commed us," Mara answered, cutting the President off. "However, even if he hadn't, I'm sure I would have found out from my other sources," She added with a wink.

teehee

:rolleyes: Am I allowed to say that Jace is getting on my nerves with his opinions

Kyp continued, moving a few stands of his long black hair out of his eye.

he is so cute [face_love] :D

"Well, I will!" Jacen blurted; he could no longer hold it in. "Such recklessness is of the Dark Side, and what about the shamed ones? I don't think it's the role of Jedi to feed into the delusions of the oppressed and deceive them into believing we are gods."

*roles eyes*
    I would love to see what he would have done in this situation, arguing afterward is far easier then to make decisions in seconds *humpf*

"The Rebels was armed with the truth against the Empire, where you would have the shamed fighting under false pretenses."

this is all seen only from their POV ... did the Empire thought they were wrong? ... it all depends on the POV

"If you spend too much time thinking about the future, Jacen, it may well pass you by," Kyp interjected.

I know why I love this man :D [face_love]

"You can count me in," Jacen announced, as the sense of surprise in the room reached a crescendo. "If this is going to happen, I want to be there."

bad idea :p

Chapter 3

ANAKIN [face_dancing]

"This will take us to Yu'shaa," Uhla assured.

[face_mischief]

If the revolution spread, he knew he would never be in Supreme Overlord Shimrra's favor again.

his plan backfired a bit ;)

"Yes, I am Yu'shaa," he confirmed, giving a slight bow. "I already know who you are, Anakin Solo."

this is going to be interesting

Chapter 4

"Jacen," Tahiri admitted.

*blinks* :eek:

Kyp is cu
  25. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 7

"High Priest Jakan, who fails so much,
    Fumbles every task on touch,
    His hands be bound and throat be slit,
    Then throw him in the Yargh'un pit."

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

"Cowardice is dishonorable in all Yuuzhan Vong, Jakan," Shimrra boomed. "Are you a coward, Jakan?

teehee, here he has his confrontation

interesting turn of events

Chapter 8

The shamed one was quiet for a moment too long and said, "I do not believe so Jedi; I would remember such a meeting as a great honor, an honor I feel now."

a wonder that he didn?t cought on his own words :p ;)

saved for now ;)

When Yuusung Saa was given his vonduun crab armor for the ceremony, he realized that the armor was from his visions-- the visions where Anakin became Darth Vader.

o_O

Anakin rolled over in his cot a few times. He missed Tahiri. Vague memories of her face, and hair, or the way she smelled, made him long to see her again. Anakin missed everything about her.

awww ...

"We must eliminate the Jedi, Kunra. Can I trust you to help me?? Nom Anor asked, watching for the former warrior?s reaction.
    Kunra looked troubled by Nom Anor's decision and he nervously rubbed his nose.

bad idea o_O

[face_thinking] Kunra ... dunno ... but something let me believe he will be importent for the outcome

Chapter 9

cool now is Tahiri in too :D

"We could send shamed ones and set up some sort of communications network through villips, but this would slow down the process and would not be as powerful a demonstration," Wrev interjected.

what happened with the villip communication in the end of the first part?

interesting tactic they discover

Jacen hoped Tahiri would giggle at his joke, but instead she nodded, taking in his true point.

he never was good with jokes :p
    even Tenel had known that years earlier ;)

like how you write Tahiri and wonderful entrance of Jaina :D
    and I dare say I am happy not to see Zekk :p

Chapter 10

poor Nen Yim

"The gods have foreseen it; he will destroy the Jeedai," Shimrra repeated. "Early on in this war, we learned of the infidels? greatest weakness-- their fear of death. Solo has been free of the Ysalamari for several days and is apparently well in control of his Jeedai tricks. He will contact the other Jeedai-- the leader of which he is kin-- and they will come here in a foolish attempt to rescue him. Anakin Solo doesn't realize it, but he is leading them into a trap, and he will destroy the Jeedai."

a shame that he knows that

Chapter 11

He had spoken to Jacen briefly and his son had not heard from her either; more disturbingly, Jacen was unable to find his mother in the Force. While both he and Jaina had assured Han that she was not dead, the revelation could only mean that his wife was in trouble and Han was desperately trying to trace her steps.

they always end up in trouble when not together ... but then again they are in trouble too when together; it seems to make no difference :p

If Han was going to find Leia, he was going to have to do it himself.

perhaps he should ask his old fellow Lando along ;)

Vynar's scowl lessened and a smiled pulled his lips under his mustache. "We have every intention of paying your fee, Ornax, just as soon as the Yuuzhan Vong arrive and verify this is her," he said, gesturing to Leia.

[face_laugh] so typical peace brigade :p

Chapter 12

His experience with the Yuuzhan Vong at D'Ysuu gave him a unique perspective as a warrior, who was essentially shamed. He could empathize with them... If Jacen could see me now, he'd be saying "I told you so."

ouch!

cool interation between Anakin and Uhla :)

more is to follow :)

greatly done =D=

~Mags~

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.