main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. PC, PS3, Xbox2.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    So the wait is almost over. Figure I'll pick up my 360 next week. :)

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion? has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

So more screens to wet your whistle.

[image=http://morrowind.com/images/art/ob_xbox360/obx10B.jpg] [image=http://morrowind.com/images/art/ob_xbox360/obx20B.jpg] [image=http://morrowind.com/images/art/ob_xbox360/obx18B.jpg]

Kind of disappointed that they took out thrown weapons and crossbows though. Is anyone going to miss them? Not so much the thrown weapons but deffinitly going to miss the crossbows. It just meshes better with a heavily armored warrior who lacks the flexibility needed to use a bow.

So what is your first character going to be? I going with the concept character I had in Morrowind. Spirit Shaman: I had him focused on enchantment magic, bows, spears and stealth with the occasional use of Summoning magic. Either that or I'm making a full blown thief.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    What i always go for the first time around... Warrior Mage.But this time im giong to try more long the mage side just to spice up the combat a bit. And have a bow. But i dont want to be a thief the first go around. Even though apparently teh thieving portion of the game is highly evolved from Morrowinds design... So basically, I'll just do what ever the hell comes up lol

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    so what is the authoritative release date anyhow?

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Beginning the week of March 20. :D

5. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    ahh, the first day of spring.
    how lovely.
    now i'll have to somehow come up with $450.
    i should probably start selling my furniture.

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    It's also the week of my Spring Break. [face_mischief]

Cyrodiil > Cancun :D :p

7. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Look out. Orcs gone wild!! Wet chainmail contests are hot.

8. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Despite the recent destination this thread has chosen, i am getting mildly aroused.

I am greatly anticipating this game... Its gonna be aweosme.

9. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    is it going to be availabe for the PS3 too?

10. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    No. When this threard was first made it was assumed that it would. But has since been said to be PC and Xbox 360 only.

11. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
  12. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
  13. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I wish I had the 360 for this game!

Anyone find out about how well magic will work in this one. Is it still like Morrowind aim and cast or will it track to target?

14. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Is there a countdown going anywhere?!?

Im getting pretty antsy waiting for this to come out this week!

15. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    The official site is releasing new movies etc till the game is released. ( I think)

16. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Tomorrow it comes out... all the videos at elderscrolls.com look really awesome...

17. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Oblivion!!!

18. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    I just returned home with the collectors edition... And am going to install now! :eek:

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh my goodness. It took me HOURS to get the collector's edition, but it was worth waiting for--rather than getting my reserved normal copy. Oddly, for some reason, the extra DVD was missing--but the two cool things, the coin and the guide, were in there. :D

This game is spectacular. The jail cell alone makes it worth the 65 bucks spent on it. The physics are extraordinary, and the way the tutorial is handled (I won't spoil anyone) is ingenious! I have to set my graphics to the lowest levels, sadly, and so everything looks ugly. But I've maxed out the textures and disabling antialiasing allows me to bump it up to higher resolutions, so I don't worry about edges too much.

I'm lovin' it.

20. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I got the last copy of Oblivion at my local EB. I called them up to see if they had any copies left (this was around 3:30 PM) and they said they had 1 copy left. I asked if they could hold it for me and they said it was against company policy. I told them that I would be right over. A few minutes, and more than 1 broken speeding law later, I arrived and purchased my copy. I took it straight home and played for a good 3 hours straight.

Yeah, IMO this is the best RPG I've ever played. It blows all competition away, including games like WoW, IMO.

21. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

I had it shipped to my work yesterday, but I had forgotten that I had to leave early, so I couldn't play it at all last night! Now, I'm sitting here reading the manual, the pocket guide, and playing with the coin. Come on, 5:00!!!

Sly

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    To hell with of yall that have this game! lol

No seriously though what is this coin? I have not heard of it.

23. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    The collector's edition comes with a bonus DVD, a guide book and a replica septim (coin) There's a nice pic of it here.

Mine's in the post and on its way, I can't wait. =P~

24. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    At least with this game you sorta know what the game is about unlike in morrowind where you had to do like 10 main quests before you knew what the crap you were supposed to be doing and what everything was about....

Thank goodness the combat has been updated... Its kind of hard to do sometimes, it seems like im just recoiling everytime i hit or something... and i think i might need to buy a new video card to play this with anti-aliasing... I have it at 4 times and its really laggy outside, but inside is fine so i dunno. I'll have to think about spending another 200 bucks to get an ati 1600 pro or something. We'll see. Good graphics though, very good. The first time i saw a goblin it was awesome, it seemed so huge and intimidating...

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You lucky monkey, I can't even use 2x antialiasing or I am in lag city. And I have to drop the view distance down sometimes... but I like it at maximum for those gorgeous vistas. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.