The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. PC, PS3, Xbox2.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Long horserides? Swimming across the Niben? Hell, I even use it to walk from the gate to the shop in the market district o_O
  2. wawa00s Jedi Knight

star 1
    Question?
    Does anyone know what I have to do to get into the (need a key door) at the Mage Guild University. You can open the doors on either side of it but I haven't been able to figure out what I need to do, whats in there and is it worth the time?
    Also is there any other way to get the staff of corruption beside the last quest for the dadrics.Trying to avoid giving up my baby(the Umbra sword). I love it cause it weighs zip and is the strongest in the games so I usually grab it at the start of the game and go back for the armor after it no longer weighs me down. A small cheat is kinda needed for it or just wait til later.Need the staff for the Gray ainges or something like that.
  3. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Is that where the Orrery is?
  4. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Yes, I'm guessing that's what's being referred to, here -- once you complete the Orrery questline (DLC), it unlocks, and you'll gain complete access to its buffs (phased by the moons), even if you're not a Guild member.
  5. timmoishere Chosen One

star 6
    However, the Orrery is one of the weakest of Oblivion's downloadable content, right up there with Horse Armor. Don't buy it unless you've got a lot of MS points to spare.
  6. zacparis VIP

star 7
    How much is it? I forget.

I agree that it isn't the most useful of the DLC packs, but it certainly is beautiful. Cranking it up for the first time is awesome, it reminds me of the Dark Crystal or something.
  7. Stuffy Jedi Youngling

This game really did not live up to expectations. I got sick of the dialogue and missions. I thought it was pretentious. And having to enter the hellish oblivioun levels did nothing but make me sick. I did not play through all of it.
  8. Theseus Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is one of the best games in the world and you seriously need to rethink your position on it, little man.
  9. timmoishere Chosen One

star 6
    It is a great game, seriously. It has its flaws, like any other game, but the absolute immersion you get in this game can't be beat.
  10. Ranofer Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm with Tim on this one. The only problem I ever had with it was the "not-wanting-to-start-over-because-I-spent-100-hours-on-a-really-awesome-character" phenomena. Sure it was a great 100 hours, but its daunting to start over again.

I think it would have been really cool to have an expansion where you spent money (which towards the end you have mucho dinero) on a castle that could be upgraded. I have yet to find a game where your money made your place nicer (except NWN2, the mansion in AC2). I like having something other than the best armor to spend money on :)
  11. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Like this? :D
Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.