main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Hellhammer, Jul 7, 2013.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    VanishingReality likes this.
  2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm in the beta this weekend so I'll certainly give some feedback on it. I'm hoping there aren't any restrictions as to what I can and can't share.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what platform to get it on. I'll have an X1 so that'd be my first choice, but if more of my friends are playing the PC version then I might go with that. I wouldn't be a PS4 just to play it though, except there are a few games other games I'd play on the PS4. [face_thinking]

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This is the first beta weekend to have no NDA requirement. They are actively encouraging people to post screenshots and videos.

4. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I thought it was awful tbh, I think I've moved out of MMOs.... :< The character creation wasn't bad I guess, same level as ToR or GW2. Other than that I thought the interface was lacking and the quest descriptions, help, and mini map was poor quality. The combat looks similar to LoTR online or any perfect world game, very robotic and not dynamic at all. Highly disappointed. :(

5. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I am in the beta this weekend. I am not expecting much, but I might be surprised. I am not much of an MMO player aside for Old Republic, but that was just for the Star Wars aspect.

VanishingReality likes this.
  6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not expecting it to be perfect either, but I do expect to have fun. That's the great thing about beta events like this, you get to send in your feedback and they might change things if enough people say the same thing.

7. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Alrighty. Crashed twice on the character creator, then when I rushed through the creation it crashed again at the start when I was talking to Dumbledore. It could just be my PC. So I will wait to hear the buzz after release and who on my Xbox friends list gets it when the console version comes out.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've had a few glitches so far but no crashes. Once all but my arms and weapons disappeared when I was using a camp fire and I pressed Esc, and then I couldn't do anything after pressing Esc while talking to the light armour seller. Apart from that I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'll do an in depth blog post about it when the weekend is over and that'll have most of my screenshots in it, or at least a gallery of them.

AstroFan428: my only thoughts would be to try clicking 'repair' in the launcher, checking to make sure you're using the US region option, and asking support. Oh, and make sure your computer is up to date with drivers and stuff. It'd be a shame for you to miss out.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thought I'd share my character:

[​IMG]

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I played the Beta this weekend as a Breton Templar. All in all, it looks gorgeous and despite the number of "experts" in game who had thus far only played Skyrim in TES, it felt more like Oblivion than Skyrim.

However, it offered me nothing new from WoW and TOR. WoW's interface and approach are obviously key here, even if the basic mechanics of TES combat remain intact. Little things, like putting my shield on my back, set the tone for what was to come and the story element was something I knew from TOR (in terms of a story driven MMO).

Whatever I wanted, TESO is not going to deliver it.

11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    people seem to have issues with this game. any ideas on what went wrong? Is it simply a lack of content??