VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. The Great No One Jedi Master

star 8
    some people were actually working on a mod that opened up the rest of morrowind and was accurate based on what maps they could find. but that was only for the pc, and there weren't really any quests or anything. but you could wander around it. not sure if that's still being worked on or not.
  2. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    That would be so badass....esp if quest would be made for it.
  3. RC-1991 Jedi Master

star 4
    Tamriel Rebuilt. It is an excellent mod. Yes, they are still working on it. The mainland has been split into six sections, of which 2 have been released and 1 (the northeastern portion, controlled by the Telvanni) even has quests (but no main quest). Whether or not it will ever be completed is anyone's guess. If you love lore, you'll love TR; the modders are fanatically devoted to making TR fit with Elder Scrolls lore.
  4. JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Is there such a thing for the consoles?
  5. The Great No One Jedi Master

star 8
    nope. ze mods, zey stay away from ze consoles for legal reasons, mainly distribution related i believe.

that and it's not exactly easy to mod a console game now a days.
  6. zacparis VIP

star 7
    I've never been big on mods. I've downloaded a few little cosmetic things for Oblivion and Dragon Age, but I usually stay away from mods that change a game in any significant way. I guess I just prefer to play games as the developer intended.
  7. RC-1991 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've personally always been a big fan of mods, though I usually try to make sure that they are lore-friendly. With Oblivion, I use Unique Landscapes, Better Cities, some Morrowind armor mods, Elven Maps, and the Elsweyr mod. One of the main lures of the Tamriel Rebuilt mod is that it purports to be as close to a Bethesda-generated Morrowind mainland as anyone is going to get.

That being said, I also have a character running around on Morrowind named A'Sharad Hett, dressed in Daedric Armor, and wielding a lightsaber :p

Modding consoles is rather rare. I've seen it done with Wii, but that's kinda risky, not to mention warranty-voiding. With modding on computers, the worst you need to worry about is downloading a virus :mad: :p
  8. Carlis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We can't show those scans unfortunately, as it's a breach of copyright. Not to hard to see elsewhere though.
  9. Vezner Jedi Master

star 5
    If I were limited to buying one game in 2011, it would be this. I'm a die hard Elder Scrolls fan and it's been far too long since Oblivion was released!

BTW, anyone seen this video yet? I would LOVE to work for Bethesda! :)
  10. -Gundark- Jedi Knight

star 4
    Skyrim Map?

[face_dancing]

Edit: Hard to tell scale but based on the distances between towns it looks just about identical to Oblivion's Cyrodil.
  11. timmoishere Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [image=http://www.oblivionportal.com/info/images/empireoftamriel.gif]
    Skyrim is slightly smaller than Cyrodiil, but it's still a decent-sized province.
  12. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    I guess hopefully we will get a game based in each of the Kingdoms eventually? I want to see The Black Marsh.
  13. Vezner Jedi Master

star 5
    As much as I love the idea of being in Skyrim, I have to admit that I was pulling for the Summerset Isles based solely on the "rumors" that NPCs would talk about in Oblivion. Oh well, I'm still super excited! :)
  14. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    What are some of the rumors V? I didnt get very far into Oblivion.
  15. timmoishere Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Some NPCs will say something like:

"I hear Daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent in the Summerset Isles."
    "Summerset Isles have always been a dangerous place."
  16. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    Summerset is the realm of the High Elves if Im not mistaken either correct?
  17. RC-1991 Jedi Master

star 4
    You are indeed correct.

I wonder if the rumors of Nerevarine going on an expedition to Akavir (rumors from NPCs in TES IV) have any connection to the plot of Skyrim...
  18. Chance the Jedi Jedi Master

star 5
    Best. Cover. Ever.

[image=http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/bethesda/elderscrolls/elderscrollsv/cov_214_l.jpg]
  19. timmoishere Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yep, I'm loving this issue of GI.
  20. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    Nice I hope my Brother N Law hurryes up and give me his copy. I take it there is a nice sized article in it?
  21. Chewgumma Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Very classy, simple and effective. It should certainly make it stand out amongst the cluttered mess of most magazine covers.
  22. timmoishere Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, there's detailed explanations of the new terrain, new enemies, new combat style and the new menus. Looks to be an awesome game.
  23. Chance the Jedi Jedi Master

star 5
    I found this on a gaming website. It's the back cover of the Game Informer issue decoded.

24. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    There goes my life. I need this game yesterday.
  25. Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master

star 6
    I just read the Game Informer article yesterday. I don't remember much of Oblivion, but I know I didn't like it. However, after reading the article I completely agree with Princess Kenobi. This game looks amazing.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest