main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Dammit for some reason my brother n laws issue has still not come in the mail so Im still in the dark!!!

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Found a little something you might enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY&feature=player_embedded

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If they use the same leveling system from Oblivion, count me out.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    they already said it had been changed.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Cool, haven't kept up on it and didn't feel like sifting through the whole thread.

6. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010

[face_laugh] Awesome! Thanks for posting that!

7. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    What's wrong with the Oblivion leveling system? I quite like it. You develop based on your gamestyle. Whats wrong with that?

I pray they don't make it like the fallout leveling system.

8. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0&hd=1

Looking good. If that's really ingame then it'll be amazing. But knowing Bethesda they've taken a few liberties. :p I love the mix of Oblivion and Morrowind themes.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, it's definitely in-game but it's possible it could be scripted (see: Oblivion's radian AI trailer). Either way, I'm happy with the grand crescendo into Nerevar Rises and that one Imperial soldier walking around town. His armor looks more Roman than medieval, which is a relief.

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm starting to really like the look (and especially the sound) of this. Never really got into Oblivion, but I'll take a draconic invasion over a demonic one any day.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Given my present low opinion of DA2 having an alternative dragon fighting game is no bad thing and if that vid is indeed representative of in-game tactics, then wow.

12. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    I like the way you think, Jello. :D

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd like to think they would be capable of some in game stuff at this point, given how long they've likely been working on it.

and definitely looking the look of this. the faces don't like as dead, at least in that. things move more naturally. this could be a very good thing.

14. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Never having played an Elder Scrolls game I'm wondering if that'll affect this one. [face_thinking]

15. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    That is definitely in-game. My main hope for the game that Bethesda has taken to heart the best aspects of Morrowind (awesome quests, multiple paths through storylines,excellent attention to lore) and Oblivion (good combat). In any case, I trust Bethesda. They haven't let me down yet.

Also, [face_love] the reworked Morrowind theme [face_love]

16. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I keep watching and rewatching it. It's amazing. The sheer scale is jaw dropping: the cities look positively huge (a welcome change from Oblivion and Fallout 3!) and th eenvironments are sweeping. Not only have they implemented landscape variance (I hated those copy-pasted green spaces in Oblivion), but seasonal variation too--there was that autumnal forest! Combine that with the refinements to the combat system--the assassin's neck slash, the grabbing and stabbing attacks, spell casting while wielding weapons etc and we have a ton of innovations. I'd have to imagine that with a scale like this, they'd need an epic scope on the level of Morrowind.

Skyrim, I think, is on an entirely different plane from DA2. It'll--I hope--be a worthy successor to Morrowind.

18. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I think I just died and went to nerd heaven.

19. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I ended up watching the new trailer about 15 times in a row last night. [face_blush] Everything about it is awesome!!

The theme tune played is actually the "Elder Scrolls Theme Tune" it has been adopted from Morrowind. Oblivion actually has pretty much the same tune its just being altered.

Also this blog is very good for keeping up with developments!!!

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Agreed. One Morrowind element that Bethesda needs to incorporate into Skyrim is inter-guild interactions. In Oblivion, the guilds couldn't care less about each other (and there were fewer guilds too), whereas in Morrowind, the inter-guild interaction was a big part of the fun- not to mention the immersion. Another thing with the cities- larger populations would be a plus. The small populations in Oblivion were probably a contributing factor to the smaller amount of miscellaneous quests per city.

I've watched the trailer enough that it's annoying my room mates [face_blush]

21. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
  22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just found this about the combat changes they're making.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    "Nerevar Rising" and "Reign of the Septims" are two different compositions altogether, and there is no such game track called "Elder Scrolls Theme Tune."

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Love, love, love the trailer. I just nerdgasmed all over my keyboard.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    linky

very interesting story about the tech behind the game, hits up everything from the engine itself, to the new physical behavior stuff, to the improved radiant AI, to something they're calling "Radiant Story" which... looks like it could make the game last for a very, very, very, very long time without mods.