Discussion in 'Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.
Oh, you can do that? I had assumed if I did that the idiot would likely have gotten lost in flow.
Mara quests? Only Mara quest I'm aware of is getting married..
nope there is a quest line where you go all over skyrim and bring people together. fix romances and stuff.
Yeah and they're a bit boring.
Visit scientist -> visit bard -> give poem to tough woman. End quest.
Visit young woman -> visit 2 suitors -> recommend to young woman. End quest.
Yes, you can. It's the same thing as with quest-giving NPCs who rush off to the quest's destination: even if they're not following you, if you fast travel to the destination, they'll be there waiting for you. Likewise, you can escort all NPCs to their destination with a quick fast travel in order to anoy any inconveniences...of ocurse, that doesn't mean you won't find a "Welcome Dragon" once you get there.
the fact that i, and hundreds of other people sunk hundreds of hours into the game is proof enough that it is a great game. No game has eternal appeal, this lasted a long time
Agreed. And with a better ending than Mass Effect 3 to boot.
Oh wait, silly me, it has no ending! Even better.
Patch 1.5 is on beta on Steam right now. More bug fixes, killcams for magic and ranged attacks and brand new melee killcams as well.
[link=http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1220873p1.html]IGN's article on V 1.5[/link]
Me gusta mucho!
...Also to forever now be known as the, "You-Finally-Get-To-Pork-Lydia" update.
Also from IGN:
[link=http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1220931p1.html]Elder Scrolls MMO to be Announced in May.[/link]
Reportedly, to be set during the Second Era, back in the reign of the Reman Emperors.
It should be fun to hear her say something other than "I am your sword and your shield" anytime I stop at Breezehome to dump loot.
To bad she can't get pregnant.
"I am sworn to carry your burdens"
I love this game and this thread.
Old news to yall but I just started after finishing my monster computer. Best thing thus far is witnessing Dragon vs Bear. It was very fun to watch. I am getting really into this game.
What about "- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item?s value"? Could be the 'nerfing iron daggers' update.
Yeah, I'm hoping we'll be getting this, when it hits. At least that's how I'm interpreting it, too.
[link=http://www.bethblog.com/2012/03/15/new-features-highlight-1-5-update]The complete list[/link] of updates/fixes the v1.5 patch will be addressing:
UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item's value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In "A Cornered Rat," the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion's quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where "Rescue Mission" was preventing "Taking Care of Business" from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in "Diplomatic Immunity" where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In "Hard Answers," picking up the Dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after "Blood on the Ice" no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in "Blood on the Ice"
- In "Waking Nightmare," fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman's Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In "A Night to Remember" it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the Ebony dagger having a weapon-speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with "The Wolf Queen Awakened" where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In "Tending the Flames," King Olaf's Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
...But, the biggest thing, in all of this, is that Lydia shall finally make a man out of me.
I was over at a friend's house the other day and played his copy for a couple hours and am hooked. The problem is my desktop is 7 years old and the graphics card obviously can't handle it.
I've been meaning to get a laptop for a while (gonna need one for grad school) and thought I might try and kill two birds with one stone and get a laptop that could run Skyrim.
Anyone know if [link=http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11746572&whse=BC&Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BC|84|56670&N=4047229%204294966821&Mo=4&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC5-Cat84&topnav=]this one[/link] could handle it?
Nope, you need dedicated nVidia or AMD graphics. I don't have Skyrim so I don't know how the latest graphics cards stack up with it but I'd look at a nvidia 540gt as a minimum, can anyone (jp) offer more insight?
That laptop is good, by the way, but the Intel HD graphics is what lets it down.
If possible, look for a laptop with an i5 and 4gb of RAM rather than the i7 and 8gb of RAM if it means you get dedicated graphics
i have a good computer with a very good graphics card, but because i did not have 4 gig of ram (only 3) i knew i could not play it on my pc. So i have it on 360, and it is very good.
[link=http://www.bethblog.com/2012/03/20/skyrim-roundup-2/]"Lydia NO! - A Real-Life Skyrim Adventure"[/link]
Already saw that one a while back. Yes, just like her not-quite-lifelike avatar, Lydia can take a giant's punch like a boss. But heaven forbid if she's jumped by a couple of regular or even higher level Falmer; odds are you'll have a Lydia corpse in seconds.
I enjoyed watching her be launched a mile high as well. I am also enjoying Barbas the undying unbeatable tank dog do all my Dragon and Giant tanking for me. He gets punted, whimpers but in the end always finds his way back![image=http://images.uesp.net/thumb/f/fb/SR-creature-Barbas.jpg/180px-SR-creature-Barbas.jpg]
Lydia can't be killed except by the player or possibly enemies with AOE spells if you are standing right next to her. Once she's out of health she drops to one knee and enemies stop attacking her. If she keeps dying, you might want to check your swings.
well there are tons of characters that have aoe, including dragons. Lydia did well against a frost troll,, but dies against something pretty basic imo. If you want an immortal, grab the lioness chick in Riften. She can't die at all.