VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Why would you want to buy it on Steam anyway? Just buy the actual disc.
  2. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Cause Steam's usually cheaper than retail.
  3. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Collector's edition is up for pre-order now. It's pretty much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get sort of thing. While I'm sure the art book, physical map, dragon sculpture, and (IIRC) a making-of disk are all nice, for me it's just not enough to lure me into paying $150 for the CE. Not so much as a set of horse armor to use as an in-game extra.

I'd rather hold onto the money and get myself a CE version of the game guide.
  4. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought normally only older games had discounts on Steam? Or at least not until Steam's next big sale. Although I don't usually buy brand-new games from Steam so I'm not entirely sure.

And if it weren't for that $150 price tag, I would think about upgrading to the CE. Even if it were $100, I'd be tempted, although I'm not really interested in the dragon statue. Ugh, its just like TOR's CE, where everything but the statue sounds great yet its probably the statue that's really raising the price. Although its good for them since there are probably enough devoted fans to go for the CE regardless of what it has or its price so more money for them. I care about Star Wars enough to get that CE, but not Elder Scrolls.

And is there a CE version of the guide? Don't think I see it listed anywhere yet, but I'll probably need a guide for a game like this anyway so CE sounds nice.
  5. zacparis VIP

star 7
    No, a new $50-60 game on Steam is cheaper for me thanks to the weak USD. That means I only pay about 60-70 NZD for a game when they're usually ~100 NZD in the shops. But charging me $90 USD means it's just a bit more expensive than retail. Make sense? :p
  6. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    http://kotaku.com/5830789/skyrim-youve-come-a-long-way-baby
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I forgot how ugly the faces in Oblivion were. Even Morrowind looks better. They reached the bottom of the uncanny valley and then started digging to China. [face_sick]
  8. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. I could really care less for all that extra stuff. Just give me the game and the strategy guide and Im happy.
  9. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm excited about the prospect of upgrading armor. :) I was never the most watchful person when it came to keeping your armor in repair, so I'm not too sorry to see it go.

Evil.
  11. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4

This. While it did add to the roleplaying experience a bit, I thought it wasn't generous enough. One good sized dungeon was enough to wipe out my primary weapon and a piece or three of armor. I'd much rather upgrade than upkeep. Thanks, BS!
  12. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Those strategy guides are based on beta deals with the publishers and are often wrong by the time of release. Besides, within a few days a google search would yield better advice.

I wouldn't mind that map (if it's cloth?). And that sculpture would look nice around my One Ring display. But $150...wow way to milk it. Especially with all the DLC I suspect we will be gobbling up.
  13. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Here's a nice little review I found today. Only 2 months to go!
  14. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Is this the first time this has been mentioned? That sounds so helpful.
  15. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    But that also makes it sound like dungeons won't respawn enemies/loot after a few days of being away from the area.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Why would you want to clear the same dungeon multiple times when there are so many others? I don't think that's really a valid complaint until you've done literally everything. :p
  17. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    If it's anything like Oblivion, there will be a handful of caves that simply have better loot than others, so you'll want to loot them again and again.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it is a pretty nice way to get money after all.

but i get the feeling that critters will respawn at the very least, since that's kind of a hallmark of these games. i mean changing that would completely change the entire game.
  19. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
  20. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/477/793/sky56.jpg]
    It's Edoras!
  21. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    The demos look amazing.
  22. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Oh man, I really hope the music in the demos is final. The Morrowind music at the start of part 3 gave me goosebumps.
  23. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    This game looks incredible. I'm only bummed that my computer is so old and won't be able to handle it (my guess is it might work on low graphics details at best). This will be the first TES game that I'm buying on console (the 360, specifically) instead of PC. So no user-made mods for me this time. :(

Having said that, I'm still thrilled to buy this game and I've already got it pre-ordered and paid for. Now we just need 11-11-11 to come! [face_dancing] To this day, Oblivion is still my favorite game of all time and I've put well over 200 hours into it over the years. I can honestly say that no other game even comes close to that for me, not even Morrowind.

As for the CE, there's no way I'd buy that. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have the stuff that comes with it but I'm not about to pay $150 for it. Frankly, it's just not worth it.

About the music in the demos, I imagine it's final. It's so similar to Morrowind and Oblivion and yet new and unique in its own way. I imagine I'll be picking up the album before long just like I did with both Morrowind and Oblivion. It's great music to listen to while reading a fantasy novel. :)
  24. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Anyone want a good laugh? See what the Landover Baptist Church has to say about Skyrim:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=59451

I honestly cannot believe there really are people as ignorant and close-minded as those who run that site.
  25. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    They must be bad, my broadband is blocked from entering.[face_hypnotized]

I'm assuming that given it's a forum for a baptist church they are grumbing about either magic or the ability to marry a member of your own sex in game.:rolleyes: