main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    A couple examples from the forum there:

"The very title causes me to shudder. "Skyrim" is clearly a portmaneu of "sky" and "rimming," an act so vile that I can only imagine how depraved an individual would have to be before trying it (just to note: The Christian rule is that you never go rectum-to-mouth. Or for that matter, go anything except 'go to your room alone and pray to Jesus for forgiveness'). That they would associate the sky, which is clearly the location of Heaven, with such an indescribably foul act is sickening in the extreme. No surprise that it's being made by game developers, who are notably anti-Christian. Rest assured, their neckbeards will be caught aflame once they're burning in the pits of hell!"

"I thought if I could hack down demons it would be ok but I dont want to risk my eternal soul by playing something that could lead me down the wrong path. I played Oblivion but I see now how that game didnt mention Jesus anywhere and a game that doesnt glorify The Lord is a game thats not worth playing.
    This leaves me more time to convert my girlfriend or dump her to find a good Christian girl. "

I want to believe this whole website is a joke, because reading it is like seeing an airplane crash right in front of you. You know it's horrible and you wish it wasn't happening, but you still can't look away.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The second example does read a bit like dry humour more than anything else, someone using wit to troll a subject it appears no one on the board knows anything about. Even if it's not it's rather funny.

The first one though... I'm honestly not sure. I want to believe it's a gag but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.[face_plain]

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I wish there was a line in the bible where Jesus condemns the internet. Then all those religious nut-jobs would log off and we wouldn't have to hear about them anymore. :rolleyes:

4. The_Jedihunter

The_Jedihunter Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2009
    I am a Christian. I play video games. It is sad that some people are so close-minded. You are entitled to what you believe. Whether it be right or wrong is up to you and God.

LOL at Skyrim being an all out evil hell ridden game that you will go to hell for playing. Geesh. Give me a break![face_plain]

5. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Lol, some people just have too much time on their hands.

6. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    It has to be a joke, you can't tell me a Christian doesn't know the Nordic countries have been Christian for over a thousand years, much longer than most.

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'd be inclined to agree if there weren't dozens of users posting similar things on that site. If it's a joke, it's an elaborate one.

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I didn't bother reading much beyond the first few posts. :p

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    You''re probably better off for that.

10. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
  11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Looks pretty similar to Oblivion. Except...

"Get married"

I wonder how you can use this new feature. :p

12. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, all of Oblivion's achievements were quest-related; if you completed the Main Quest, the Arena and the four guilds, you'd have 1000/1000. Skyrim's achievements are more similar to what they did for Fallout 3, which is a much better way to do things.

13. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I've been told before that Landover Baptist Church is meant to be an elaborate parody of actual fundamentalist groups.

14. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Less than a month to go until I can go slay a dragon...

15. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Hype levels critical...

I think I'm looking forward to the soundtrack just as much as the game itself.

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Words cannot contain my excitement. Well, except for these words:

Fus roh dah!

17. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    As soon as I read this, the theme music from the trailer started playing in my head.

18. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    So what races and classes* are we going to try out first?

I spent most of the time in Oblivion as a Dunmer conjurer, so will probably start with that. Can't wait to see what summon spells they've got this time around.

*Yeah I know there's no classes this time around, but I'm sure you can quickly play towards a typical archetype.

19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't even know what the perk trees look like yet, so I'll just start with a well-rounded character, doing a little bit of everything. When it comes time to pick a perk, I'll just choose the one that looks best.

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    nordic assassin is my norm, so probably that

21. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Apparently there's now one-handed and two-handed skills, similar to Morrowind's short and long blade skills. A nord skilled up in two-handed might be fun. :D

22. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Since dual wield has been thrown in the mix...

[image=http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7563/557161-mueller_drizzt_6316.jpg]

Dunmer rogue/ranger, first time through :-B

Also, some more good news-One of Bethsoft's playtesters won their speed run challenge coming in at 2:16:10. That's ignoring exploration and side quests. The same playtester won the Fallout 3 speed run challenge, coming in at 75 minutes. That's quite a bit more content than F3, and that's just the main quest at max speed [face_dancing]

Source: Escapist Magazine

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it's a helluva lot better than morrowind, which you could technically beat in under 10 minutes if you know what you're doing.

i bet i end up with another 250+ hour game in this without much difficulty.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I may be able to resist Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 but this and Assassin's Creed? Probably not.

Skyrim more than any other game I can see myself buying come 11 Nov.

25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    This game will absorb my life starting 11 november. If there is a midnight launch, I will be there. I doubt that I will be sleeping the entire weekend.

Evil.