main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Elder Son (AU) (COMPLETED Late Night 6/22/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -RebelScum-, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Luke stood on the Academy lawns watching Callista and Owen going through some sort of exercise in the early morning light, it was different then anything he had seen before, he supposed it was something Callista learned when she was a Jedi all those years ago, glancing up he noticed Mara was walking towards him.

"Hey." She said somewhat more gentle then usual, Luke hoped she did not sense how much turmoil he was in. "They have been here an entire day." Pausing, she bit her lip, as subtle as Mara was she obviously was not cut out for this situation. "I was just wondering how you were doing? And don't give me that 'Everything is fine' stuff, you can't hide anything from me and you know it."

"Fine." Luke grumbled realizing Mara would get it out of him whether he wanted to talk or not. "I am just confused, I don't understand why Callista wouldn't of come to me right away, and I don't understand how I could of had a son all these years and not realized it." Glancing up Luke noticed that Mara was glaring at Callista.

"Luke, you could not of possibly known." Mara soothed. "How could you?"

"Well, I guess I couldn't..." Luke conceded. "But still... he is my son and I feel like I should of... sensed him or something, I know it sounds stupid but I know what it was like growing up without a father."

"Luke, you found your father when you were about Owen's age." Mara replied squeezing his shoulder. "But then he was taken away from you, with Owen it is different, you are here for him now, and while I certainly would like to throw Callista off Ossus I can't now, Owen is your son as much as Callista's, and you have a right to be with him too." Though Mara was smiling bravely Luke knew through their bond that she was possibly in worst shape then he was.

"Mara, you know I love you right?" Luke grinned trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah farmboy, I know, because you know as well as I do if you ever stopped I would kill you, and don't think I wouldn't or couldn't." Mara grinned at Luke's mock horror. "I think you should try talking with Owen."

Nodding his head in silent agreement he slowly got up and started walking towards Owen and Callista, glancing up Callista wisely decided to give the two of them some time alone, she almost sat down next to Mara but quickly decided not too at the absolutely vile glare she received.

"Hey." Luke said to Owen when he reached him, Owen glanced up and deactivated his lightsaber, they sat there for a moment while Luke tried to think of a way to break the ice, "So, your lightsaber, I have never seen a blade quite like it." Luke said slowly, Owen reactivated the turquoise blade and glanced at it.

"Ya, I didn't use natural crystals, it took my quite a while to forge them" The boy replied. "So... father." Glancing up quickly to gauge Luke's reaction to the word he got only a slight nod, "Would you like to spar or something?"

"Sure." Luke replied grinning, he decided to be easy on the boy, it wouldn't do to accidentally lop off his new son's hand, standing up he activated his green lightsaber and saluted Owen, he made a quick jab with his saber which Owen easily blocked, frowning Luke went through some more complicated moves which Owen also easily blocked.

Luke was about to try something else when Owen quickly lunged at Luke, surprised Luke raised his lightsaber barely blocking it, grinning at how surprisingly good Owen was Luke lunged at him proud of the excellent parry he used. They spared like this for over twenty minutes while both Callista and Mara watched.

"So Callista." Mara began trying to refrain from giving up on slapping and just hitting the woman. "Why did you wait this long to bring Owen back?" Raising her eyebrow at Callista's depressed look Mara could not help but grin, she was just about to ask the question again after about ten seconds when Callista finally spoke.

"I don't really know." Callista finally admitted. "I wish I had come earlier, I was just too scared..." Hanging her head in shame Callista stood up to go back to her quarters when Mara put a halting

2. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Great fic, can't wait for more!

3. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    "Would you like to spar or something?"

For some strange reason I found that hilarious. Father-son bonding over lightsaber dueling.

Good work!

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is interesting. Hehe, Callista was smacked. I love Mara's reaction. Very typical.

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Callista always was a bit of an egotist... even worse then Mara...

Good to see Luke and owen getting along. Maybe there is hope.

6. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Hm...so I think Callista needed to hear that, but I'm not sure Mara was really the right person to hear it from. At any rate, it's good that Owen and Luke are getting along. Owen seems to be fiting right in...half-sibling bonding, father-son bonding, and his stepmother is willing to accept him. I just wonder what Callista is going to do with herself now that Owen is pretty much grown up. She seems kind of lost, like she didn't realize time was passing on the rest of the world while she raised Owen.

~Lurker

7. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm glad that Mara doesn't have a problem with Owen. I understand Callista because no matter what any wife would feel alittle threatened but a ex coming back into your husband's life.

8. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Heh heh, I live off all this Mara and Callista interaction...:D

9. -RebelScum-

Feb 21, 2004
    Thanks for all the replies! Only 1 (maybe 2) more updates to go!

-The Scummy-

10. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Hehe, liked it, but I think Mara needs to chill.

11. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Nice. I liked that Luke used saber combat to bond with his son ... when it was one of the few interactions he had with his father.

12. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Very nicely done. I love the fact that Luke used lightsabers as a way of bonding. Very Skywalker. ;)

13. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    This is a very good story. I've never read anything like this before but I like it! :)

14. -RebelScum-

Feb 21, 2004
    Thanks everyone! I'd just like to say I have not forgotten this fic, I will update it in the next several days. (I have just been really busy with writing, I have three fics that are currently being updated at least once a week, a fic I am writing, am planning a round robin with three authors, and am trying to write a book :()

-The Scummy-

15. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Whoa...well I certainly say that that qualifies as a pretty good excuse for not updating...:eek:

16. -RebelScum-

Feb 21, 2004
    It had been a week now since Callista and Owen had come to Ossus. And it was the first time they had all sat down to a dinner Mara had cooked herself. It was a pathetic attempt at Mon Cal Ice Lobster. Instead of vomiting all over the dining room though Luke just stared in awestruck silence as both Callista and Owen ate Mara's cooking without even a look of distaste. Either they were both very good at that kind of thing or they were used to worse food. Thinking back at the few times Callista had cooked when they were dating led Luke to believe the latter. Ben ended up being the first to say what was on everyone's minds

"Have you ever eaten mommy?s food before?" He asked poking at the food Mara had set out special for him. She had said lobster was a bit rich for someone as young as him.

"No." Owen replied after swallowing the food he was chewing and taking another sip of his water. "Why?"

"Most people make faces and stuff when they taste mommy?s food for the first time." Ben replied blissfully unaware that he should not say things like that.

"Really?" Owen replied chuckling awkwardly. "I think it is tasty." Owen replied spearing another piece of meat for emphasis. "It is a lot better then what I usually eat anyway." He laughed a bit more sincerely this time. "I usually get stuck with a balanced meal with all the flavor of ferrocrete." His chuckle trailed off as Callista gave him a sharp look for insulting her cooking. Ben just wrinkled his nose at the thought of eating ferrocrete.

"So, Owen." Luke said slowly trying to find a topic. "What did you do for fun before?" Owen said nothing for a few moments thinking.

"Not much to be honest." He finally replied. "I didn't have much free time, I was mostly training. The bit of free time I actually had I spent practicing with my lightsaber." Luke frowned. He had even found time for fun back on Tatooine.

"Can you fly?" Luke asked. Owen said nothing for a moment and got an amused look on his face. Callista also tried to hide a smile at the question.

"Yeah? a little bit." Owen finally replied trying to keep a straight face. "Truth be told I am actually quite good. I used to practice in a beat up T-16 back home."

"A Skyhopper?" Luke replied grinning broadly. Ben nodded and Mara rolled her eyes as they both launched into a discussion about the finer side of power converters. Mara followed the discussion easily but one look at Callista told her she had no idea what they were talking about.

"Why don't you show Owen the sims? Mara asked referring to some beat up X-Wing simulators the military had donated to the academy after they moved to Ossus.

"That would be great!" Owen replied enthusiastically. Both he and Luke walked out of the room talking and laughing. Ben also got up and walked off to his room to play with his building blocks.

"So." Mara began realizing she was alone with Callista. "They seem to be getting along well." Callista just nodded. "So I am guessing you and Owen are here too stay?"

"Most likely yes." Callista replied. She stood up and put her plate in the sink.

"At first I never thought I could accept you." Mara began. "But I have come to terms with the fact that if I don't we could be in for a long and ugly relationship." Callista just stared at Mara realizing the implications of what she was saying. "So, well I don't forgive you for what you did too Luke, but I suppose I must accept." Pausing Mara added. "But I don't have too like you." Callista realized this was the closest Mara would ever come too a friendly conversation. Standing up Callista almost hugged her. A week ago Mara would have just slapped her, now Mara just put a distancing hand on Callista's breastbone. "Don't push your luck." Grinning Mara started shoveling food down the garbage disposal. "I really should stop cooking." She murmured.

Years past and Owen and Luke grew close. Mara was as good as her word and accepted Callista, though they never became good friends. Owen also was not lying about his piloting skills and by the time he was twenty was besting

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Callista realized this was the closest Mara would ever come too a friendly conversation.

[face_laugh] So true.

Nice fic, RebelScum. I enjoyed it.

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    "Most people make faces and stuff when they taste mommy?s food for the first time." [face_laugh] Aww, cute!

Callista realized this was the closest Mara would ever come too a friendly conversation. [face_laugh]

Great! I really enjoyed it!

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, at least no blood shed occured. :D

20. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Good thing Callista realized that was as friendly as Mara was ever gonna get with her lol.

I liked this fic you did a good job writing it.

21. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Very cool. Looking good.

22. Yslamiri

Yslamiri Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    This was really good. You got Mara just right.

Although I dont like Callista much as a character its a good story.

Especially the bonding thing. Just think. Thats the way Luka and Vader bonded?

Great touch.

Keep up the good work. Would like to read some more.

I love AU stories. Especially What if stories.

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks for the PM.

And congratulations on a good story.

I don't know if I was Mara how I would have handled Callista being near me for years.

And I thought it funny, neither was a very good cook. If they had that in common what else did they share? That thought would have sent Mara over the edge I think.

Again, great job. I enjoyed every chapter.

24. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    =D=

"A Skyhopper?" Luke replied grinning broadly. Ben nodded and Mara rolled her eyes as they both launched into a discussion about the finer side of power converters.

Hehe.. Cute. ;)

25. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Nice. I like the tactic of serving really bad food to try to pick a fight. I wouldn't wish my mom's meatloaf on anyone. It would be a violation of the Geneva Convention. What was Callista feeding Owen? Boiled Womp-rat? Sarlacc Stew? Dead dianoga delight? I'm glad Mara and Callista made peace. Interesting ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.