main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Electronica Enthusiasts Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by jediguy, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I was recently introduced to Autechre... absolutely brilliant! I need to buy some of their albums quickly. :D

2. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
  3. Zephyr Xux

Zephyr Xux Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 14, 1999
    I'm into trance hardcore...the melodic, euphoric, vocal, anthematic trance that leads to a higher level of consciousness. I guess I like European trance more than American trance, which can get a little too progressive for me.

My favorite artist by far is DJ Tiesto. The "In Search of Sunrise" series, the "Magik"s, Summerbreeze....wow....this man's spinning has pretty much been the soundtrack to my life for a couple years now.

Paul Van Dyk is very good...his brand is a bit more accessible than some.

I love Sasha's work because it's so complex; it's very nice for tripping out...especially his Global Underground sets.

As far as club complilations...I try to stay away as they're usually just a bunch of club anthems mindlessly thrown together, but the Gatecrasher sets are very dear to me. Cream and Ministry of Sound are...eh...

I've never been a fan of Paul Oakenfold; I bought one CD of his and it sucked. "Tranceport" is good, but I still don't see what everyone raves about.

Overall, trance is so much more to me than just music that I enjoy...it's a way of life.

4. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I've been digging some Talvin Singh lately. An accomplished Tabla percussionist, he's fused many traditional/classical indian rhythmic/melodic structures and instruments with more modern techniques characteristic of electronica.

Quite infectious.

5. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Just got a great CD called 'Arabian Underground'. It comprises of electronica/trance mixed with the sounds of the Middle-East.

Highly recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.