main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Emerald City Empire** Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The only thing I really watch much in Adult Swim is Space Ghost and it's been a while since I've seen it. I don't have any of those songs myself and I won't have anymore Kazaa on my computers either. The last time I had it, my computer never fully recovered. There's just too much junk that comes along with it.

2. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    ATHF rules the school. and I love fett's vettes. lol

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just a random thought as I sit here and watch the FSU/Miami game - Sarah Jessica Parker looks really hot in those Gap ads with Lenny Kravitz.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Happy Halloween! This was my project last week. Unfortunately while Vader is strong in the Dark Side, he is really no match for continuous rain and all the little bugs that are eating him from the inside of the pumpkin out. So now is he has been destroyed. Maybe I'll get a foam pumpkin on sale and recreate him again.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/vader.jpg]

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Wow! That's impressive! :)

It's too bad he didn't last until Halloween, but at least you thought to take a picture for posterity.

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Sweet Dal. How did you do it?

JMK

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I found some patterns at this website -

http://ethergraphics.com/sw/pumpkins

I picked up a little pumpkin carving kit at Target and got to tracing and cutting. I have zero artistic skill, so I was very pleased with how it turned out.

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sweet, thanks.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was surprised by how easily it went. You could probably save money and not mess with the carving kit. You could use toothpicks to punch out the pattern and then small jigsaw blades would work pretty well for the cutting out. You would need some really small ones for the detail work though. There were some cool patterns on that site, including a Maul that looks sweet, and a bit complex. Hopefully I can find some clearance foam pumpkins shortly, or I may just go out and get a couple of more real pumpkins. It was a fun project to do with the kids. Caitlyn really enjoyed "gutting the inside" of the pumpkin. :p

11. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    We did our pumpkins today. Alex also loves digging the guts out of them. I did the Boba Fett one. It came out great. Alex designed his own, which he calls it "mr. scaaaaaary face". We had a great time.

Need to make it to a hay ride this week.

Robby's party was coooool! Great food.

Thanks Rob for having us.

Kevin

12. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    [face_skull] [face_pumpkin] Happy Halloween!!! [face_pumpkin] [face_skull]

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow! The polling places around town are really backed up. I vote out at the Faith PH Church and it's about a three hour wait right now to vote. The woman behind me in line was saying that there were both Republican and Democrat households in some neighborhoods handing out political propaganda with candy to kids during Halloween. I will be so glad when this is all over.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The family and I tried out the new Fuddruckers by the the movie theater the other night. I haven't been to one in a long time and I forgot how big those burgers can be. That place stays ridiculously busy. It's funny how this town gets so psyched up for new restaurants. I guess the new Olive Garden opens up sometime this week and some people are counting it down like it's a freakin' national holiday. I've had Olive Garden, and I don't really see what the big deal is. The most positive thing I can see about it is it's just another place for people to go and thin out the lines at other places. All these chains come in and our nice locally-owned places struggle to keep up. When anyone asks me a place to eat in Greenville, I still recommend Finnelli's and their crab lasagna. Mmmmm. It's still the best quiet, romantic place in town.

On a better note, I see the new FYE opens up at Colonial Mall this week. Now there's something worth counting down to . . .!!!

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Yea, I still think Finnelli's is the best Italian in town.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Stopped by FYE today to check it out. I remember now why music/video stores do not do well in the mall. They have to charge an arm and a leg for something you can get at Best Buy, Circuit City, or any other place for significantly cheaper to pay their mall rent. Almost everything in that store is anywhere from $3-5 more than anywhere else in town and the selection isn't really that great. What a disappointment. It'll still be a nice place to hang out while the women are at Belk's, but I'll keep my purchases to the other side of town.

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I've only been to one FYE, and your right, Wal*Mart and usually Target are great for buying CD's and DVDs.

Kevin

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    They just opened a new Best Buy here in Rocky Mount. Checked it out Sunday and must admit I was disappointed. I have been to the BB in Raleigh and Jacksonville, Fl. This one is substantially smaller but looks like they tried to cram in as much merchandise. But my biggest complaint is that its just to blastd LOUD!! You cant even hear yourself think, and I'm 85% deaf in one ear!

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, our Best Buy can be a bit loud sometimes also. Seems like there's always somebody in the car audio section cranking up the bass. I love our Best Buy though. I used to despise our Circuit City because of the pushy and terribly misinformed sales staff, plus their prices were so high. Once we got the Best Buy, Circuit City quickly fell in line with better prices. Their salesmen are still idiots, but it's also my understanding that they work on commission, whereas Best Buy salesmen don't. So CC people will tell you anything to get you to buy from them.

I was out at a Rocky Mount Best Buy about a month or two ago (I don't know if this is the same you're talking about), and it seemed really sparse, and it was like the floors hadn't even been finished yet. Half the place was carpeted and the other half was a concrete slab.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    We tried out the new Pizza Hut Bistro the other night. It's out there where The Loop used to be. Simply put, they should stick with just pizza. My wife ordered a Southwestern Chicken pasta dish and they brought her a pizza with Southwestern Chicken on it. There's not even a SW Chicken pizza on the menu. I ordered a Bistro-style pepperoni pizza and ended up with a regular individual cheese pizza. They finally brought me the right pizza and it was a horrible greasepit. We asked for milk for Caitlyn to drink, but our waitress said they didn't serve milk. So we asked if there was anything to get her without caffeine, so she offered Sierra Mist. Then she came back, out of Sierra Mist. Then she offered Fruit Punch. Came back, and yep, no Fruit Punch. By this point, she also finally gives us a menu and I notice milk on the menu, so she's shocked and says she'll get some. Come back, you guessed it, out of milk. Anyway, we ended up with a bunch of free food, some which we didn't order, and some which we did, which tasted like @ss. Sufficeth to say, I'll just stick with our old regular Pizza Hut delivery.

21. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    wow, thanks for the warning. Man my boss would literally explode into 1.98165789 million pieces if we had such service.

--------------
    I called Walmart to inquire about the stand up Episode 3 posters at various locations around the store. I spoke to a manager and he added me to a list thats now at 2 1/2 pages. I thought this was hilarious. I imagine I know some names on that list....

22. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    man i broke my lightsaber yesterday!!! i was pulling a wiked stunt to impress my girlfriend ( I.E. the mind tricks didnt work) and i cracked the blade. now dont get me wrong im not wining about a little plastic kenner tube for 20 bucks, no i broke the polycarbonite tube that encases the EL material for my saber, so now i have th shell out 70 bucks to replace it. im just glad it happened while i still have time to get a new one... but it still SUCKS!

23. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Can you bring your EL to the May 1st meeting. I'd like to see it. I got a Darth Vader Master Replicas, but I heard the ELs are hard to beat.

Thanks

Kevin

24. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    sure ill bring it, but i doubt ill have the new blade by then, i dont get paid till this comming wednesday. The blade i have isnt too bad off, just cracked at the top, but its a pretty good crack, so im gonna go to parksabers.com to pick up a new one, cause a Jedi cant have a faulty weapon at the movie premere! dont get your hopes up too high though, its not a replica of another characters hilt, this is the lightsaber of Jedi Knight Dante Jarmeck, my character, i designed it and put it together myself. its still pretty kick ass though. and if youre going for realism aside for the sounds this is as good as it gets. the blade is bright and tough to crack, i hit it a little too hard. anyway im rambling, yeah ill bring it.

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I saw some of the MR Vader and Anakin FX sabers at Best Buy today. They're nice and all, but I can't bring myself to drop the money on those things for what they want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.