main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Emerald City Empire** Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    the problem with the MR EL's (were being attacted by abreviations) is that the blade is permenantly affixed to the hilt, sure theyve got sound and all, but id rather be able to clip my saber to my belt when im done and not have a tail.

2. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Apr 18, 2005
    hahaha, i just put a bid on what i think will be a cool blaster pistol.

how much did i pay for it you ask? so far... $0.01 what a deal!

3. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Apr 18, 2005
    if anyone wants a peek at the "blaster" its in Ebay item number 7150359892

just to clarify its the body of a beretta M93R pistol, its affixed with a red dot scope and a laser site, and im hoping the silencer too. dont know how much is functional but i just want the look, i dont care about function... especially for $0.01.... im not complaining.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Kevin -

Here's those two DVD cataloging sites I was talking about -

DVD Aficionado - DVDAF - I haven't used it, though the layouts look a bit better for printing out like you were talking.

DVD Profiler - I prefer this one, but for what you want to do, it probably won't work unless they've made some updates lately I haven't seen. But online, I think it looks much better.

It is my understanding you can create a database at DVD Profiler and then easily create an import file that will work with DVD Aficionado, but not vice versa. I think you can only enter a collection at DVDAF by actually typing in titles for a search. At DVD Profiler, you can enter the bar code numbers. It would almost be easier to do you initial database at DVD Profiler, then import that file to DVDAF simply because the search function at DVDAF seems to bring back about 4-5 results for every movie you enter and it takes a while to whittle it down to what you actually need. There are several other sites out there that catalog like this, but these are the main two that get used.

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Thank you Dalton.

Kevin

6. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    if you're looking for dvd catagorizing sites, www.dvdspot.comis a great one.

I'm TK4798 on there.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Robby is the horror flick meister. [face_skull]

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Thank you guys. I've got to get a handle on these 200+ DVDs.

Thank you for the help. I plan on spending some time on this Saturday and continue until I finish.

Again, thanks.

Kevin H.

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So did anyone see the Look section of the Daily Reflector today? We should probably contact these folks!

Greenville Star Wars Family Article - It's really the second half of the article that deals with them.

[image=http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/03/07/88/image_1888073.jpg]

11. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Hey everyone!! Any good Halloween parties going on that way? :)

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I believe a couple of our guys are going to jkg_vader's party. I'll be doing the family thing taking the kids to a local Halloween carnival. [face_pumpkin]

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    J-9's party in Kinston is going to be coooool. I know my wife and I are going to be going. Robbie is scheduled to ride with us (Robbie, you still coming with us?)

Dal, the family that was in the paper, has their number listed in the phonebook under Voytecki, Karen. I didn't want to put their number here. I can't call them until 5ish or so, so if you want to give them a shout before then, go ahead, if not, I call them this evening.

Kevin

14. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    hey everyone....
    i am the patriarch of the family in the reflector....our family recently moved from st petersburg FL. I was a part of and initiated "Tampa Docking Bay 1138" many moons ago. Now that our family is somewhat situated I definitely would like to be a part of The Emerald City Empire. Please let me know of future gatherings/meetings...etc. Do you all meet at the Emerald City billiards room???? just curious on the origin of the fanforce name. anyway, happy halloween and MTFBWY!!!!

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Kevin (another Kevin! :eek: ) -

Welcome to the forum and to Greenville! As you can probably tell, we're a small group, but we're pretty good about getting together every month. The "Emerald City" moniker is just because Greenville is sometimes referred to as the Emerald City. I've never made it to Emerald City Billiards, though I understand they have Monday night poker tournaments that I wouldn't mind checking out.

I assume we're gonna try and get together in November. The holidays are always a trying time, but hopefully something will work out. Sundays generally seem to be the day that works out for most of us. We basically throw up a monthly meeting thread and people give their availability and we go from there. It's pretty informal. Hopefully things will work out and we can all meet this month as it's always nice meeting new Star Wars fans!

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Wooo-hooo! Season 3 of The A Team DVD comes out next week! I pity the fool who doesn't buy my DVD!

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I'm hitting the road tomorrow for my road trip down to Orlando. Everybody be nice and play well together! See you in a week.

Well actually, I'm taking the lap top, so I'll probably be in and out of here.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Q! Did you watch Tyler Hansbrough drop 40 & 10 on Georgia Tech tonight? Whatta game!

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Owwww! My ears are still ringing. I gotta call from a buddy yesterday who got free tickets to Kid Rock at the RBC Center, so I decided to go. Good show, but we were near one of the side speakers and I'm feeling it today. [face_hypnotized]

20. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Saw Kid Rock when he opened for Areosmith a couple of years ago. What an awesome concert. Good luck with the ears. I think it took me half a week to recover.

Be Excellent!

Kevin H.

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002

Hey cool! Was that the show in Raleigh at Walnut Creek? I was at that one!

22. Lafjord

Lafjord Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2006
    I was at that show too! What a coinkidink! LOL I'm new to the Jedi Council Forums---I just joined like 10 mins ago. I'm really happy to see that there is such a good fanbase in Greenville!

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Lafjord! Thanks for stopping by! We're a small group, but we try to stay active. We're hoping to grow the group as time passes. Things seem to always slow down here on the board during the spring/summer months, but we're all still around and meeting so feel free to keep coming back and maybe you can catch a meeting with us before you head back to school!

24. Lafjord

Lafjord Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2006
    BTW, i really like your signature, as I am a student at UNC!!

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was there from '89-'94. RTVM major, though I guess that's all been tied into a straight Communications degree now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.