1. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards!

Saga The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse (AU) V(A)/P, Sidious *10/19/2005* Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jmsbndgrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: The Emperor?s Gift, The Emperor?s Curse
    Genre: Drama, Romance, Angst and Alternative Universe
    Characters: Vader (Anakin), Padmé, Sidious, and other familiar faces
    Summary: Former Senator Padmé Amidala has been thrown out of her office, when Palpatine declared himself Emperor. She has been his prisoner for several months, until he decides to dispose of her. Note: Vader in this fic is without his suit, and he has never met Padmé before.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. I?m just borrowing George Lucas?s characters for a bit.

Chapter 1: Interrogation

Detention Area AA-93, Cell 2443

Two Imperial guards, held a battered and bruised prisoner in their arms, as another guard interrogated her.

?Which senators are members of the Rebel Alliance? Name your accomplices.? The guard barked at her.

The woman did not answer. In retaliation, the guard flicked a whip at her, adding another welt to her body.

?Answer me!? The guard yelled.

The woman remained silent. She stared up at her tormentor, and did not flinch when the whip struck her again. She would not talk, and they could not make her. She was former Senator Padmé Amidala of the Naboo, and she would not yield to the Empire. She served the Republic, and would not betray her friends and colleagues that were working to bring democracy back to the galaxy. As she gazed up at her interrogator, Padmé remembered a fateful day from the past.

Six months ago, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine had showed up in the main Senate chamber is a horrible state. His face looked like it had aged over 50 years from the previous day. He claimed that the Jedi had attempted to kill him. He declared war on the Jedi and those who helped protect them. Padmé remembered feeling sorry for Palpatine, and betrayal at the Jedi who were obviously trying to undermine the Republic.

However, her pity was short lived, because in the next breath the Supreme Chancellor dissolved the Republic and created the Empire. As he declared himself Emperor, Padmé realized that the Chancellor was evil and power hungry. She realized that the Jedi had not betrayed democracy; they must have tried to prevent the change in government. Padmé?s eyes narrowed as she continued to listen to the ?Emperor?s? speech.

After the Senate meeting was adjourned, Padmé met up with several other Senators to discuss the day?s events. All the Senators that Padmé spoke with were shocked and dismayed with the fall of democracy. They all knew that they needed to act quickly and silently in order to reverse these events.

Padmé and the senators from Alderaan, Corellia, Mon Calamari, and Chandrila, formed the Rebel Alliance. Using their political influence, they recruited members, protected the Jedi who survived the Emperor?s purge, and created a resistance movement to fight the Empire. Through their efforts, they hoped to bring down Imperial rule and restore the Republic to its former glory.

Unfortunately, not every member they recruited was friendly. The Empire had hired a network of spies to infiltrate the Alliance and track down its leaders. Padmé was imprisoned after one such spy revealed her to the Empire.

Padmé was charged with treason, and was interrogated almost daily as to the whereabouts of her rebel friends. Everyday, she refused to answer. After her arrest, the other members of the Rebel Alliance became more cautious with whom they dealt and spoke to, and were much more secretive. Padmé knew that they longed to help rescue their friend, but it would risk the continuance of the rebellion and any hope to restore democracy. They knew that Padmé would say that restoring Democracy was of most importance, and she was happy that her friends had not tried to risk everything on her account.

The whip slashed across Padmé again as she failed to answer again.

?Tell us where your rebel friends are!? The interrogator yelled for the fourth time.

The interrogator raised his whip again, but was stopped from flailing it at h
  2. darksideyesplease Jedi Master

star 4
    Gooooood! Goooood!

I think Padme should marry him, that would be super! Palpatine is so cool!

This is a great start to the story, I'm intrigued beyond belief! Very nice!

Wowsers, I need more now!
  3. qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Awesome! Can't wait for more.

*shudders at thought of Padme marrying Palpatine* Sorry Darkside, but no matter how cool Palpatine may be, that's still disgusting. :D
  4. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, I agree w/ Darkside. Your story is off to a great start! But I don't think Padme should marry Palpatine. That would be just gross[face_sick] . I'm interested to see how Padme and Vader will react to each other upon their first meeting though...

Please post soon!!!

P.S. Please add me to your PM list:D
  5. Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa! I sense this is the start of an amazing fic. :)

A wonderful, but intense start, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Please PM me when you update. I don't want to miss any chapters!
  6. Pokey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Marry him, ewww. I swear I had a full-body shudder when I read that. Very intresting idea, please PM me because I would love to read more.
  7. ilymeforever Jedi Youngling

star 2
    sounds pretty good... im liking it...!!!

M
  8. jmsbndgrl Jedi Master

star 4
    darksideyesplease: I know Palpatine is your hero, but Padme marrying him is just gross! I'll save that twisted storyline for you. ;) :p

qtrhrs78: Thanks, I'll post more as soon as I can.

HandmaidenVeme: Don't worry, they aren't getting married. Palpatine was just messing with her. Of course, he needs to figure out what he is going to do with her.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Thanks! :)

Pokey: I shuddered when I wrote it. :p However, I could see Palpatine doing something like that. Next chapter will have more Palpatine, but I think you'll have to wait until chapter 3 to see what he has in store for Padme.

ilymeforever: Thanks.

I'll try to get the next post out as soon as I can, but its final exam week for me, so I am a little busy studying. If I don't post it earlier, it should be up Thursday night after my final. If you want to be added to the PM list (or taken off) for this fic, let me know. Here is the current list:

Darksideyesplease
    HandmaidenVeme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    Pokey
  9. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Intriguing beginning... I can't wait to see where you go from here!

jazz
  10. ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow...that first post grabbed me. Please add me to your PM list, I am curious to see where this goes.
  11. jmsbndgrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Jazz_Skywalker: Thanks!

ANAKINSBABY: Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.

Ok, I was able to get this chapter out earlier than I expected. Here is the current PM list, if you want to be on it (or taken off), let me know.

Darksideyesplease
    HandmaidenVeme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    Pokey
    ANAKINSBABY

Chapter 2: Imperial Dilemma

Sidious smiled as he left Senator Amidala?s cell. He could feel her anger and hatred for him, and he basked in it. The dark side sang through his veins as he replayed the conversation with her in his mind. He had enjoyed messing with the Senator, but he was also tired of her stubbornness. He knew that she would never break and tell him the information about the rebellion. He longed to kill her and be rid of her, but he knew he could not do that. Amidala was well liked by many, even if she was accused of treason. Killing her, might influence more people to join the strengthening rebellion. Additionally, he did not want to create a martyr that may help unite the rebellion further.

No, Senator Amidala had to be kept alive, even if it grated at Sidious?s nerves. He would not allow her death to topple his Empire. Furthermore, he needed to further discredit her in the eyes of his subjects, so that she would not pose a threat to him in life. He would have to meditate on this today.

Entering his office, Sidious reviewed his messages on the holo. All that was there were six messages from various dignitaries who were trying to schmooze him. Sidious smirked at the thought that these idiots thought that they could garner influence by paying favors to the Emperor. These fools obviously did not know who they were dealing with.

After deleting the holos, Sidious set to the task of reviewing the reports on Imperial fleet movements in the Outer Rim. He was pleased to read that things were quiet and that the various systems were being compliant as they fell to Imperial rule. Everyday, Imperial forces were bringing another world under their jurisdiction, and Sidious loved to watch his power grow.

After finishing with the reports, Sidious signed a few requisitions for more clone troops in Kamino to deal with the meddlesome rebellion. Then searched for the report from his apprentice on his efforts in tracking the rebels. However, the report was not on his desk. Curious as to the tardiness of this report, Sidious pushed a buzzer, to get the attention on one of his aides.

A minute later, a young lieutenant cautiously entered the Emperor?s office, bowed, and stated, ?How may I be of service my Lord??

?Has a report arrived from Lord Vader today??

?No my lord. All the reports we have received were placed on your desk this morning, and we have received no other transmissions.?

?Curious.? Sidious paused and then continued. ?Very well Lieutenant, you may leave. But if you do hear from Lord Vader, let me know immediately.?

?As you wish, my Lord.? The lieutenant replied with a bow, and then quickly exited the office.

Sidious was curious as to why Lord Vader had failed to report this morning. He had better have a good reason, when he finally did report or he would face his master?s fury. In the meantime, Sidious?s office tasks were completed for the day, and he would spend the rest of his time meditating. Hopefully, he would find a solution to his problem with Senator Amidala.

Two hours later, Sidious?s meditations were interrupted by a buzz from his comm. unit.

?Yes.? Sidious replied as he pressed a button to receive the message.

?My Lord, we are receiving an urgent holo message from Lord Vader.? The lieutenant from the morning responded.

?Patch it through.?

?Yes my Lord.? The lieutenant replied, as he relayed Vader?s message to Sidious?s office.

Sidious turned to his holo projector, and saw an image of Lord Vader kneeling in deference to his master.

?Rise, my friend.? Sidious said to the image.

Lord Vader?s image rose, and he replied. ?I have come to give my report on the Rebel?s my lord.?

12. darksideyesplease Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh wow! Sidious is going to give Padme to Vader, curious because like you say, they've never met.

I don't think she will like him too much at first, but I think she will "somehow" warm up to him.

Very good!

Sidious truly is the Master of his domain! [face_love]

Great chappie, just interesting detail about the plot of the story, without it being overbearing or boring like some stories tend to get when it gets into the war of the rebellion & Empire.

=D=
  13. ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oh that was good!! I have to agree with Darkside, I think Padme will somehow warm up to Vader.........if she doesn't can I be given to him?? =P~ [face_blush] Sorry...Vader(suitless) just does something to me!

Anyway...You know what they say about the best laid plans and all...I think this could all go very wrong for the Emperor, bringing Vader and Padme together. Can't wait for more!!

Thanks for the PM!
  14. Amidala66 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This story is really cool.:) Please add me to your pm list.
  15. Pokey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Is he going to gift wrap Padme and give her to Vader. Maybe put a lovely bow on her head. Seriously, I love this. Your Palpatine is so much fun; wiping out rebels, messing with the minds of prisoners, lounging around all day. Thanks for telling me about the update!
  16. Ladynaye Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That is so sweet of the Emperor to give his fathful servant Lord Darth Vader such a nice gift!! :) I hope Padme comes out of a cake!! [face_blush]
  17. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

All I could think about was that part in The Simpsons where Smithers comes out of the cake for Mr. Burns!

The possible confrontation between Padme and Vader should prove to be fascinating.

Yes, I like your Palpatine very much as well. It seems like being an Emperor is pretty easy if you could get rid of that pesky rebellion and Padme.

Please add me to your PM list! I really like your story!

uppies!

jazz
  18. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I agree with ANAKINSBABY. I don't think Grandpa has any idea about what he's getting himself into by putting these two together. This could be the begining of his downfall.

Question is, who's going to get all googley-eyed first. Anakin or Padme?

19. Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master

star 4
    Is Padme the gift?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can't wait to see what happens next.

I think you have hooked me in big time!!!!
  20. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks for your very kind PM to me, letting me know about this story :)

I like your idea...interesting...Vader and Padmé never have met, and now she will be at the banquet. Seems as if Palpatine hopes Vader will see Padmé as an object. We'll have to see how this plays out. I'm interested in finding out what happens when they catch their first glimpse of each other, and how they interact with one another.

They've found Yavin? Hmmm....Is that the end of the Rebellion there, or will the Rebellion return there later.

And what of Luke and Leia? They obvioiusly don't exist yet, and if they do come into this story, they will either be raised by Vader, or Padmé will have to contact a living Jedi Knight, such as Obi-Wan, and get the babies away from him....something must be done!

Please PM me when you update :)
  21. jmsbndgrl Jedi Master

star 4
    darksideyesplease: Wait till you see what Sidious has planned. ;)

ANAKINSBABY: The Emperor thinks he is doing the right thing, but the dark side is clouding his vision.

Amidala 66: Thanks for reading! :)

Pokey: No bows and wrapping paper. You'll find out what happens in the next chapter.

Ladynaye: [face_laugh] No cakes involved either.

Jazz_Skywalker: He has not gotten rid of the rebellion, but yes his life is pretty easy. He sits around all day and lets his minions work.

HandmaidenVeme: Well, I'm not going to tell you who is going to get googley-eyed first. You'll have to wait and see. To be honest, I have not written that yet, so it could change, but I have some ideas on that matter.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Vader's celebration is the next chapter, so you'll find out.

LukeSkywalker_2001: In this story, I have the rebellion a lot more spread out and better organized that how they are written in the films. The base Vader found in this story was just a small outpost, so the rebellion has other bases. Will they return to Yavin? Perhaps. Thanks for reading! :)

I can't post the next chapter just yet because it is not quite ready yet. However, if my exam tonight does not take too long, then I should be able to post it late tonight. If not, it will be up sometime tomorrow.

I am going on vacation in a week for 5 days, so I will try to post a couple more chapters before then. Thanks for reading, everyone! :)
  22. jmsbndgrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Well my survival of a 5 hour final, calls for a celebration. [face_dancing] So here is chapter 3, which includes Vader's celebration. :)

Chapter 3: The Emperor?s Gift

Sidious walked back to his desk and pressed the buzzer to call his aide to him. A few minutes later, the lieutenant from the morning quickly strode inside and once again bowed to the Emperor.

?My Lord, is there something else I can do for you??

?Yes.? Sidious paused and then continued. ?Send a healer down to detention block AA-93 and have them tend to Senator Amidala?s injuries.?

?It shall be done my lord.?

?Cancel all of her future interrogations. I want her in perfect health before the end of the week, see to it personally, that this is arranged.?

The lieutenant cringed slightly at his new responsibility, ?Yes my lord. Is there anything else you require??

?Yes. We will hold a celebration in honor of Lord Vader?s victory against the rebels in one week. Please make all arrangements for the party. We will hold it in the reception hall of the Senate building. Make sure you invite all nobility, senators, governors, and high-ranking military personnel. Additionally, make sure that representatives from every media outlet are present.?

The lieutenant was shocked by the last request. The media was usually banned from attending Imperial events. The Emperor liked to keep his functions private. However, he was not going to question this change in protocol. ?It shall be done my lord.?

?Very good lieutenant, you may leave.?

With that, the lieutenant bowed and left the Emperor?s office for the second time. Once the door closed, the Emperor smiled again, everything was going according to plan.

Vader returned to Coruscant, one week after his holo transmission with his master. Leaving his Super Star Destroyer, The Executor, in orbit, he took a shuttle to the planet?s surface. Vader landed his shuttle on his personal landing platform, where a military contingent and the Emperor himself waited to greet him.

When Vader stepped out of his shuttle, he slowly walked down the exit ramp, his black cloak billowing in the wind. At the bottom of the ramp, Vader knelt before his waiting master.

?Welcome home, Lord Vader. You have done well.? Sidious said with a smile.

Vader did not answer, but continued to kneel before his master.

?Rise and walk with me my friend. We must not keep your guests waiting. Everyone has turned out for the celebration party in honor of your victory. This will be a memorable night, so lets hasten to the Senate building to start the festivities.? Sidious added.

Vader stood and said. ?Yes, my master. Thank you.? Then he started walking. He stood on the right hand side of his master. Both their paces matched each other?s perfectly. As they walked towards the nearby Senate building, Sidious continued to talk.

?I am pleased with your actions, my apprentice. You have hurt the rebel alliance, and helped strengthen the Empire. In commemoration of your efforts, I will bestow a gift to you at tonight?s party.?

Vader was surprised at this announcement. His master rarely gave gifts to anyone. The last gift Vader had received from his master was his Super Star Destroyer after he successfully led the Emperor?s purge of the Jedi Knights. Vader was curious to see what he would receive tonight. ?I am honored, my master.?

They remained in silence as they continued their walk to the Senate building, and the night?s festivities. When they arrived at the entrance, they paused as heralds inside announced their arrival. They could overhear one herald on the other side of the closed doors call out to the assembled guests, ?Ladies and Gentleman. It is my great pleasure to announce the arrival of Emperor Palpatine and his special guest for this evening, High Commander of the Imperial Forces, Darth Vader.

The doors were thrown open and both the Emperor and Vader entered the Senate building to loud applause and cheers. Vader was surprised when a number of r
  23. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow. I could completely picture the look on Padme's face during the end scene. You've written both she and Vader very well! I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter!

uppies!

jazz

24. ilymeforever Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ohh My so shes going to be his slave.... *gasp* but shes a senator, or would they just recognize her and act as if they didnt know her... ??

so hes completly evil evil evil?, or will Padme make the difference.. [face_thinking]

Great new part... cant wait to read more..

Ohh I would luv to be in your PM list, thank you..

Mary
  25. Ladynaye Jedi Padawan

star 4
    METAL BIKINI??! Like Leia's from ROTJ?!?! Ok, it seems that Vader is NOT in the suit here, but does he even recognize Padme from his youth in this story??
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.