main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse (AU) V(A)/P, Sidious *10/19/2005* Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You built the tension up in that chapter beautifully, I was completely sucked in!!!

I loved the interaction between Anakin and the Jedi, I could sense his urgency, but also his willingness to listen to them, even in such a desperate time.

Great stuff.

ITS TIME TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next post. :)

2. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Pokey: More now... :)

Anakin_Heartbreaker: More tension building next...:)

To Everbody: I told you next time I posted I'd have the official chapter count. This fic will have 34 chapters and an Epilogue, so we are almost at the end. Chapter 33 is really long, or at least long for me (2297 words). By the way, that means chapter 33 is done as well, I will probably post it tomorrow. ;)

Chapter 32: Disobeying Orders

Anakin ran to Padmé, who was chained to the same wall that the Emperor had chained Anakin to when he punished him for the failure at Alderaan. Her arms were secured above her head and she had been dressed in a metal bikini similar to the one she had worn when Anakin had first met her.

?Are you alright? Did he hurt you?? Anakin asked as he approached her. He waved a hand at the chains, and used the Force to release them.

?No, I am fine.? Padmé replied as she was released from her chains. ?But what are you doing here? You should be helping the rebels!?

Anakin smiled, ?Last I checked I was helping a rebel.?

?Yes, but??

Anakin quirked an eyebrow at her as he interrupted her, ?Besides, when have I ever followed your orders? Did you honestly think I would have left you to Sidious??

Padmé remained silent at this, and looked down at her feet. She did not know what to say. A part of her had wished that Anakin would come to her rescue, but she would also willingly sacrifice herself for the good of the rebellion.

Anakin placed a hand under Padmé?s chin and gently tilted her head up so that her eyes locked with his, ?I could not let him hurt you, I love you.? Padmé blushed at the remark and was about to reply, but Anakin cut her off again. He glanced back and forth to either side of the throne room as he asked, ?Do you know where Sidious is??

Padmé shook her head, ?No. I have not seen him since he locked me in here a few hours ago. I had been locked in the detention area.?

Anakin?s eyes narrowed, ?He brought you up here??

Padmé nodded, but remained silent. Anakin was silent for a moment as well as he took in this statement. Sidious had moved her. This could not be a coincidence; obviously his former master had a plan. Anakin glanced around the throne room again before locking his eyes on Padmé again and spoke to her, ?You need to get out of here. I know my former master is up to something.?

?What do you mean I have to get out of here, I think we?? Padmé stressed the last word, ??need to get out of here.?

Anakin shook his head, ?You said it yourself. I must stop him. The galaxy is not safe with him in control. I am the only one who can stop him. I?ll walk with you to the Palace entrance. Once outside, take the Jedi starfighter on the landing platform and meet up with the rebels. I want you as far away from Coruscant as possible. If we meet up with my former master before we reach the outside, I want you to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. There are multiple doors out of the palace, find one. I will hold him off.?

?I will not leave you.? Padmé replied sternly.

?Yes, you will. It is not safe, and I will not have you hurt.? Anakin replied authoritatively.

Padmé quirked an eyebrow and smirked at Anakin, ?You should know by now, that I do not follow orders from you. I am staying with you.? She stated with conviction.

Anakin rolled his eyes at this comment and sighed in exasperation. He then locked his eyes back on Padmé?s. They seemed to plead with her to see reason as Anakin replied, ?Padmé, please?.?

However, Anakin was cut off when Padmé wrapped her arms around him and drew him into a passionate kiss. She broke the kiss momentarily and whispered in his ear, ?I am staying with you.? Padmé then continued the kiss before Anakin could argue with her.

Anakin wanted to argue with her, but when he felt her lips meld against his all rational thought left him and he gathered her into his arms holding her to him as their kiss deepened. At the moment, the o

3. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    :eek:

This is bad....Ani is cut off from the Force.....oh boy, what will happen next?

4. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?I could not let him hurt you, I love you.?

[face_dancing] AT LAST!!![face_dancing] ...too bad the circumstances aren't the most preferable.

However, Anakin was cut off when Padmé wrapped her arms around him and drew him into a passionate kiss. She broke the kiss momentarily and whispered in his ear, ?I am staying with you.? Padmé then continued the kiss before Anakin could argue with her.

Yes M'am!

Sidious cackled, knowing that Anakin had not realized that Sidious had brushed his mind earlier and blocked his use of the force.

B.S.!:mad:

C'mon Anakin, you can overcome this wrinkled turd! You are the Chosen One!...wait a minute, does he even know that? I forget.

Anyway, great chapter, JBG. By the way, did you hear about the new guy to play James Bond? I forget his name, but I do know that he's blonde...hope they got some dye for him. Can't wait to read more!:D

5. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    I'm Jmsbndgrl, of course I know who the next James Bond is. ;) His name is Daniel Craig, I'm not overly fond of the choice, but I'm going to have to get over it. Unfortunately, Sony doesn't let me choose who gets to play Bond.

6. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Jeez, its just like Sidious to use a Force-block against Anakin. :mad: Let's hope Anakin or someone will do something quickly to end the Emperor's reign on terror.

:( First, Why Do I love You? ends, then Anakin_Heartbreaker leaves, now The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse is ending! WHAT NEXT?!

I can't wait until the next post to see what happens to Anakin and Padme! Thanks for the PM! =D=

7. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Uh-oh. Not good. [face_worried]

Oh, I have a feeling I am going be biting my nails on this one. ;)

UPPIES!!! :D

=D= =D=

8. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    After 8 days of rain in NY, the sun finally came out today. You also updated this story!!! Things just keep getting better.:)

Why did Sidious have to interrupt the lip lock? I mean really. We have been waiting for another good kiss since the last one and he , of course, ruined it.

I am concerned for our heroes since Anakin's ability is greatly diminished. I have a lot of hope that they will get out of this.

Any possibility that one of the 2 upcoming chapters or epilogue with have an uncut version?[face_praying] Are you going to do a sequel?

I guess I am not ready for this to end since it has been an excellent story.
    I will anxiously anticipate tomorrow's post.

9. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    This is not looking good for Anakin. And finally when Padme should listen to him and get away, she doesn't. Let's hope the Chosen One has something up his sleeve before it's too late! Great post, can't wait for more :).

10. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    :_| :eek: -----Anakin cut off from the force!!! argh

rachel

11. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Yikes, the force block again! I'm sad this story is coming to an end, but on the other hand I'm glad the next chapter is done. :D

12. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    I think Anakin can overcome this force block. After all, he has to win, right? [face_worried]

13. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    He did what??.. Now how he will defeat sidius... ohh yeah we are in big BIG troubles.. sighs..

ohh this is going to end soon??? Nooooooooooooooo..

Great new part.. cant wait to find out what is going to happen next....

Mary

thanx for the PM

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Force block! I hate it when that happens...

Anakin, be strong! Padme, listen to Anakin! Quick, someone call Obi-wan!!!!!

Wow! Has it been 32 chapters already? I was so immersed in this story, I can't believe that we're almost at its end! From the first sentence you drew us in and with each chapter pulled us further and further into their galaxy. You did a great job and I'm eagerly awaiting the next updates!!

15. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    SAY WHAT?? Anakin now has no force to help him, he has to protect Padme, and his dealing with this crazy guy. Talk about a bad day! Okay, but to confirm, the Rebels aren't there right? Well great post, and I can't wait for the next one!
    Thanks for the pm![face_peace]

16. PadmeandAnakin

PadmeandAnakin Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    This is not good:eek: !! I am so happy that Padme decided to stay with Anakin, but she has got to be one tough girl. Although love makes you strong(not that I would know)!! Well thanks for the pm, and great post!

17. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    OMG...............ANI!!!!!

Please somebody help him!!!![face_praying]

Great Post!!!=D=

18. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Um... you better get your force powers back, otherwise you step in big doo-doo this time.

nice update, another cliffie, what should I expect.[face_laugh]

19. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Ladynaye: It is bad! Why do you think chapter 33 is so long? ;)

AP4EVER: No, Anakin does not know that he is the chosen one. However, he has natural talent, so he'll be able to hold his own...for a little while.

LORDVIGILANCE: All good things must come to an end.

Galactic_Girl: Definitely not good. [face_devil]

Amidala66: I was sick of the rain too. :D Sidious is evil, he had to end the liplock.

JediMasterRev: Anakin is in trouble!

Venus_Star2-com: Poor Ani! [face_devil]

qtrhrs78: Had to write it now, my schedule goes crazy again for the next 2 weeks.

Kitten: He doesn't have to win, I could be twisted and make him lose. :p

ilymeforever: What will Anakin do? Wing it, and hope for the best.

HandmaidenVeme: Obi-Wan isn't coming, that would be making things too easy. Yes, it has been 32 chapters. I've been writing this since July, posting since August.

ChewbacaRocks: No rebels. Its just Anakin, Padme, and the crazy guy.

PadmeandAnakin: Padme's decision may or may not be a good thing. Depends on you point of view. ;)

callmesweet16: I don't think anybody is coming. [face_devil]

darksideyesplease: Amidala66 said I was the Mistress of the Cliffie, I have a title to live up to. :p

To Everybody: Amidala66 brought this up, but I know others will have similar questions, so I'll address them here. There are no uncut chapters for this fic. I have yet to write an uncut version to any of my fics. As for the sequel, I have a few ideas, but nothing developed enough to create a sequel worth anything. So for now, there will be no sequel, but maybe down the road an idea will hit me. Actually, I plan to take some time off writing once this is done since my schedule has gone crazy recently. However, I have some ideas for 2 new fics I would like to write, so I will be back eventually.

Anyways, thanks for reading everyone! The next chapter will be up in a few minutes.

20. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Chapter 33: The Battle over the Dark Side

Padmé did not move. She shook her head and cried out, ?No! I will not leave you.?

?Padmé! Do not argue with me. Go!?

?No!?

Sidious cackled at the couple?s bickering, ?I see you never did gain control over your slave, my young apprentice. No matter, soon she will no longer be our problem.?

?You will not harm her!? Anakin yelled as he directed his attention back to Sidious.

?You can save her. I will spare her life if you rejoin me.? Sidious replied coolly.

Anakin snorted at this, ?I don?t think so.?

?If you will not turn, I will be forced to kill her, my young apprentice.? Sidious said with an evil smile.

?I will not turn, and you will not harm her!? Anakin yelled, and then directed his attention to Padmé one more time. ?Get out of here, now!?

Padmé did not leave, but moved backwards from Anakin when she heard the snap hiss of Sidious?s lightsaber blade igniting.

Anakin turned back towards Sidious, and grabbed his lightsaber hilt off of his belt and ignited his sapphire blade. He was angry that Padmé had not left as he had instructed, but at least she was moving away from the ensuing battle.

?I see you have altered your lightsaber, my young apprentice. A pity you went through that exercise because soon you will be changing it back.?

Anakin remained silent and glared at his enemy.

Sidious slowly started to circle Anakin, his red blade held out in an attack position. Anakin focused all of his attention on Sidious and mirrored his footwork. At the moment, his lightsaber was held in a defensive stance. He was at a disadvantage with his Force abilities disabled, but Anakin was a gifted swordsman. His natural talents would be put to the test today.

The two men continued to circle around each other for a few minutes, while Padmé looked on in apprehension from across the room. Then all at once, Sidious ran at Anakin, and started a series of violent attacks.

Sidious?s scarlet blade was swung towards Anakin?s left side, but the young man was quick to deflect it. In response, the Sith Lord quickly spun and launched an attack on Anakin?s right side, but again this attack was blocked by Anakin?s blue blade. The two men held their blades together and pushed their weight into each other, trying to dominate the other one.

Soon each fighter stepped back, and took up their respective stances to start a fresh round of attacks. This time Anakin, approached Sidious, and swung his blade directly in front of his former master. The Sith Lord easily deflected this attack, and Anakin quickly spun and attempted to lash out at Sidious?s right side. Like all previous attacks, this one was parried away as well.

The two opponents seemed to dance around each other as their blades clashed with one another. Neither seemed to be gaining an advantage over the other.

After another volley of Anakin?s attacks were broken off and the two fighters were circling each other again, Sidious stated, ?You fight well, my young apprentice.?

Anakin briefly laughed at the comment, ?You should know, you taught me!?

Sidious smiled, ?Yes, I did. However, you had your Force abilities at the time.?

?Then you are obviously losing your touch, if you cannot best me now.? Anakin replied sarcastically.

?You think so?? Sidious cackled. ?You still have much to learn, my young apprentice.? Sidious then quickly held an open hand out to Anakin and violently Force pushed him into one of the walls.

?Anakin!? Padmé screamed as he hit the wall near the doorway, and the chains that had previously bound her wrapped themselves around him. He had lost his grip on his lightsaber, which fell to the floor with a loud clang after Anakin?s body made impact with the wall. He struggled against the chains as they wound themselves tighter against his body, preventing him from retrieving his weapon. Padmé ran to him, but was soon being dragged away from him by some invisible force.

?Anakin!? Padmé screamed again as she held her right hand out

21. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    WOW!!!!!!

I totally did not see that coming!!!!!

Come Anakin, I know you can do it!!!!

Loved it when Anakin and Padme kissed!!! :)

22. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Firstly let me thank you. Just as soon as I finished reading the last chapter, you posted another. I did not even have to wait!!!!

What an intense post!!!!

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, I seriously thought that either Padme was going to die, or Vader would return.

But love won in the end!!!!!!! :)

You did an amazing job with that fight sequence, being an action junkie, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. I will be sorry to see this fic end, I have enjoyed it from the very first post!!!

23. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Now they both blacked out. But who cares since Anakin won!!=D= But poor Padme, I couldn't even imagine how that must of felt. ouch!!! Oh, but I'm so sad that the story is almost over. Great post, and please post soon.
    Thanks for the pm[face_peace]

24. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    that was intense... padme better wake up or i might cry

25. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?Anakin, I love you!?

And then, something snapped inside of him...

...those three words destroyed the dark force block Sidious had placed on Anakin. The dark side knew nothing of love, and the strong power it possessed. Darkness was no match for the blinding light that was Padmé and Anakin?s love.

Amen!

Fantastic battle! Especially loved the ironic way Sidious died. And hofully this should prove to the Rebellion entirely that Anakin is on there side. Can't wait to see what happens next.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.