main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse (AU) V(A)/P, Sidious *10/19/2005* Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was a great chapter. I really enjoyed the dialogue between Vader and Padme.

I hope you have a nice vacation. :)

2. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    this is looking like it's going to be really good. i've never read a story where vader and padme have never met before. it'll be interesting to see how their relationship forms in this situation, especially now that he knows she was a rebel leader.

please pm me when you update again.

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Hilarious! They haven't even been together for five minutes and already she's driving him up the wall!

uppies!

jazz

4. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great post! I loved how she hounded him about his name and he really did seem concerned about her injuries...

Have a fun vacation and post as soon as you return:D !!

*waves hand* "You will put Padme and Vader in a situation where he is wearing nothing but a towel..."

...is it working?

5. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    Ohh the two of them if this is anything show me how is going to be between the two of them.. ohh im going to get so much fun.. I like Padme attitude.. even when shes in that position she shouldnt change what she really is inside, now i hope this wont get her in more powers... well handdle 3 months of torturing at the hands of the emperor what else could be worse... I dont think i want an answer for that.. lol

Great new part

please more soon..

Mary

6. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Just found this story. I think its fabulous!! I love it! [face_love]

Please put me on your PM list. [face_batting]

7. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Whoa!!!

I loved the interaction between them, I could totally picture it! :)

Take care and have a fun and safe vacation. Looking forward to your return! :D

8. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Oh so good. I love your Vader personification, he's so voluble :p
    Battle of wills... this shall be interesting, I can't still tell who I'll feel sorry for, they will both be very difficult to deal with. Great chapters!

9. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Great Post!!
    I think they both will soon change their minds about each other

10. Darth_Polemic

Darth_Polemic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Interesting. This AU plot in which Ani and Padme never met before is much better than the original. Please post more as soon as possible. I'd like to find out what happens in the rest of the story.

11. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Terrific post!! I knew Padme wouldn't just turn all submissive and I think she'll be hounding him about his name until he tells her! I'm glad Vader didn't hit her...I mean he seemed genuinely concerned when he saw her welts. Besides if he treats her nicely maybe she'll be nice to him[face_blush] But she'll never tell him where the rebels are.....unless he's wearing nothing but a towel!!Thought it was worth a try!:p

Have a nice vacation! But hurry back so you can update:D

12. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Ok guys, I managed to steal away some time on my computer before I leave. So I'll do some individual replies now, so I can post more quickly when I return. :)

darksideyesplease: Hehe, Padme isn't going to make life easy on Vader.

Ladynaye: She might be locked up a lot. :p

Amidala66: Thanks.

lady_sapphire: There is going to be a lot of arguments and locked doors, but maybe they'll come together.

Jazz_skywalker: Poor Vader, if this is only five minutes, imagine a whole day with her.

HandmaidenVeme: You think mind tricks will work on me? ;)

dtdang2: Thank you, I've added you to the pm list.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Thanks, I promise I'll post when I return.

Lieutenant_Jaina: The battle of wills will continue when I return. :)

callmesweet16: Well if they change their minds, its not going to be soon. They will be fighting for a while.

Darth_Polemic: I'll post more when I return.

ANAKINSBABY: Again with the towel! You know what, I don't know if Padme would tell him just because he only wore a towel. However, if you know the wherabouts of the rebels, you may convince him to wear only a towel in exchange for the info. :p

13. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh he'd need to lose the towel for me to give up the rebels![face_devil] sorry...couldn't resist! I promise to behave myself from now on and you dress Vader however you like:p

Have a great vacation...Be waiting for ya!!

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    This is getting more and more interesting....Vader bought her two sets of clothes. He is still effected by being a former slave, though I don't think he would admit it to anyone...at least not yet.

He felt for her as he saw the mark on her from the whipping, and he was so persistent in finding out who had caused it, and then he found the reason.

Once he learned she was a Rebel leader, he quickly turned to hate, and is treating her like dirt now....

I'm looking forward to future developments in the story!

15. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    I missed a post! I love chapter 4, Padme has so much dignity...even when clad in only a metal bikini and paraded around her old 'friends'. I love how Vader is dealing, he is a freak about the rebals but at the same time still is treating her as a person(a rebal person but still. Both great chapters!

16. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Ooo. Great story. I love this concept and look forward to following it!

17. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    ANAKINSBABY: [face_laugh]

LukeSkywalker_2001: More now...

Pokey: Thanks.

aldocassidy: Thanks for reading.

Ok everyone, this chapter is mostly backstory and gives Vader's history. It's probably a little boring since its similar to the movies (however, there are differences). I literally, just got off the plane from vacation, so hopefully after some sleep I'll be able to write some more tomorrow, so that we can get into some more exciting stuff. Anyways, on with the chapter!

Chapter 6: Flesh to Metal

After Vader had locked Padmé?s door behind him, he stormed to his meditation room. Once inside, he howled in anger. It was lucky that there was nothing in this room, because he was in such a rage, he could have thrown something.

Vader had not hit her, but a part of him wished he had. He thought taking his anger out on someone would make him feel better. Of course, he would have suspected the person to yield to him, and it was obvious that Padmé would never do that. She would never end her defiance, and that made Vader seethe in anger even more.

He looked down at the hand he had threatened Padmé with. It was a hand that brought fear to others who had faced it. He had used his metal appendage to threaten subordinates and vanquish his foes. However, the woman he had locked away in a nearby room did not even flinch at it. As Vader continued to stare down at his hand, he recalled the events that led him to replace his flesh with metal.

Thirteen years ago, he had been a slave boy on Tatooine. He was all alone in the world at the time. He had no father, and his mother had been killed by a band of Tusken Raiders.

Vader remembered watching the Raiders drag his mother?s body from their hovel, while he lay helplessly battered and beaten on the floor. However, the Tusken?s had not killed him, which became a grave mistake. No one should have been able to stand easily from those injuries, but drawing on his anger and hatred Vader had been able to pick himself up and chase after the Raiders. He killed the entire group, but it was too late for his mother. Before Vader could release her, her captors had murdered her.

Vader?s anger grew. He hated the Raiders for killing his mother, but he was also angry with himself for his inability to stop it. As Vader returned to his life as a slave, he wallowed in his self pity and anger.

He may have continued to brood, but he was released from bondage when Chancellor Palpatine bought his freedom. The chancellor had told Vader that he sensed he had great potential. Palpatine seemed to understand Vader?s feelings, and was supportive of the boy in his time of need. He commiserated with the boy, and gave him a new purpose in life.

Soon after Palpatine?s rescue, Vader found himself on the distant planet of Coruscant, under the tutelage of Count Dooku, a friend of Palpatine?s. Dooku had once been a Jedi Knight, but left the order due to their lack of vision. Vader had heard of Jedi Knights on Tatooine and had always longed to be one, but after the stories from Dooku he was glad that path was never laid before him.

Under Count Dooku, Vader was trained in wielding a lightsaber and manipulating the Force. Vader learned that it was the Force that had given him the strength to chase after his mother?s captors the night she was murdered. He realized that had he known more about the Force, he might have been able to save her. Vader vowed to himself, that in the memory of his mother he would learn as much as he could about the Force and use its power to prevent tragedies like hers. Over the next three years, Vader acquired new skills quickly and became a powerful manipulator of the Force.

At the end of his third year of training, Chancellor Palpatine called Vader to his office. Vader was told that Palpatine had some important information to give him. During this visit, Palpatine explained that the most powerful Force users in the galaxy were Sith Lords. He explained that with their power, th

18. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Very interesting chapter!! Perhaps Vader should get to know Padme better, then maybe she would talk.

19. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Very good Post!!
    Poor Shmi

20. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    terrific post! Poor Vader, he's got the most stubborn and defiant woman in the galaxy locked a room away! I think his anger for her will turn into something else...but first I sense an enormous battle of the wills!!

I'm dying for more ,but I will wait patiently!! Thanks for the PM!

21. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I like how you changed Anakin's roots to show how he became what he is. The fight with Dooku was especially awesome!

uppies!

jazz

22. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    WOW!!! I think this is an amazing fic. Hope to see a new chapter soon.

23. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, I forgot to mention, I am new to the boards so this is my first time reviewing. I was really impressed by your fic so I just wanted to let you know. :D

24. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    First of all, great to have you back!!!

I loved the back story, it was beautifully constructed.

Awesome job with the fight sequence.

I hope you update soon! :)

25. AnakinPadmeSkywalker

AnakinPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    So I'm coming out of lurker heaven just to tell you that I LOVE this story. The concept is great and I can't wait until the inevitable Sithlord-Senator nookie that'll pass between the two main characters. YESSSS. =D

Please continue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.