main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse (AU) V(A)/P, Sidious *10/19/2005* Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm glad you're back from vacation. I hope you had a nice trip.:)

Even though you were tired, this was still a good update.

I like how you explained Vader's past. I wonder who's on the com?
    I guess I will have to wait for your next post.

Nice job.

2. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    nice update. i liked how you gave his background since everything is so different in this story. now give us some more v/p please!!

3. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    :) Great post! Can't wait for more!:)

4. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes! Please post soon!:D

5. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Poor Ani, he doesn't seem to be enjoying his gift so far. Great chapter, I liked the backstory. It was intresting how it parelled canon but was different.

6. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Ladynaye: I'm not too sure about that. :)

callmesweet16: Yes, poor Shmi, she never gets a break.

ANAKINSBABY: Yes, the fighting will continue...

Jazz_Skywalker: Glad you liked it.

Kitten: Welcome to the boards, thanks for reading.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Glad to be back. :) I was worried about the fight sequence when I wrote it, but I'm glad people liked it.

AnakinPadmeSkywalker: Welcome, and thanks for reading.

Amidala66: Yes, the comm discussion is next chapter.

lady_sapphire: I wasn't originally going to give his background. I was going to have my summary and leave it at that. However, as I started writing, I realized that giving the detail will save me a lot of grief in character development later. Now as for V/P, I believe they have a fight to continue. ;)

dtdang2: Thanks.

HandmaidenVeme: More coming up...

Pokey: Don't let Vader catch you calling him Ani. No one is supposed to know about that. [face_shhh] ;)

Ok, I'm posting chapter 7 now. I also have chapter 8 finished, and if you guys reply I could be influenced to post it as well. But before I post chapter 7 I want to make sure my PM list is up to date. Here is the current list (If you want to be added or taken off let me know).

darksideyesplease
    HandmaidenVeme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    Pokey
    ANAKINSBABY
    Amidala66
    Jazz_Skywalker
    LukeSkywalker_2001
    ilymeforever
    callmesweet16
    Ladynaye
    Mikala-n-Isaaka
    LORDVIGILANCE
    lady_sapphire
    dtdang2

Now on with the chapter:

Chapter 7: The Master?s Advice

Darth Sidious could feel his apprentice?s anger through the Force. He cackled softly, obviously Vader?s gift was causing him problems. He wondered what Amidala had done to cause such a strong surge of anger from his apprentice. Intrigued, Sidious decided to contact his apprentice and learn more.

Vader quickly walked to his comm. unit, he could sense that it was his master calling. As Vader answered the comm., he knelt on the ground before the image of his master and spoke, ?What is thy bidding, my Master.?

Sidious smiled down at his apprentice as he replied, ?Nothing at the moment my apprentice. I was just curious as to what has angered you. I do believe that every Force sensitive in the known galaxy could feel it.?

?My gift was a rebel.?

?Yes, I know.? Sidious?s smile grew. He thought that was the cause for Vader?s anger.

?And she is insolent, stubborn, and will not reveal the location of her rebel friends.?

Sidious cackled softly, ?I see she has wasted no time in showing you her true nature.?

?Why can we not kill her? She is defiant and even with her many beatings, still fails to be compliant. ?

?And she has told you of her imprisonment.?

?Yes, my master.?

?Well we cannot kill her, no matter how much both of us long to do so. She was a strong leader of the rebellion, and killing her will only give them a reason to unite together. Her death will only strengthen the rebellion, she can do less harm if she is kept alive.?

Vader?s anger increased with this admission, he longed to be rid of the woman. Perhaps he could persuade his Master to get rid of her a different way. ?Very well, my master. But why did you make her my slave, why not keep her in prison??

Sidious smiled. ?By making her a slave I have demoted her in the eyes of everyone in the Republic. As a slave girl she will not influence citizens of the Empire to join the rebellion. I gave her to you for two reasons. First, given your past I thought you would enjoy being the master to someone.? Vader stiffened slightly but remained silent as Sidious continued. ?Second, as the military commander in charge of hunting the rebels, she may be of use to you.?

?But she will never consciously betray the rebellion.? Vader replied, trying to hide his annoyance.

?I agree my apprentice, but if anyone can get the information from her, I believe it is you. Do what must be do

7. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    HAAH Ami is quite funny!! Oh please put up chapter 8!!

8. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    I just had to say this story is cool. I second the motion for Chapter 8!

9. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    Okay, I third the motion for Chapter 8. I love your Padme character--so full of spunk. Please post 8 tonight[face_praying]

10. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    Ohh My!, this was very funny.. for some reason im not afraid of the two siths.. lol... that was a great chapter and cant wait to find out the next encounter....

Mary

11. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    I request chapter 8 too! And please add me to the PM list as well.

I can picture Vader putting Padme to sleep every time she annoys him. People will start to think she has narcolepsy or something, LOL.

Great update!

12. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Great chapter! I still think Emperor Snotty Pants is going to rue the day he put Vader and Padme together!!

So Vader left the door unlocked...Hmmmm, I think he may get a visitor!!

I also ask for chapter 8 today!! please? pretty please?
    *waves hand in front of computer....you will post ch. 8*

13. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Great fic. Very interesting version of events. This is the first fic I've read where Anakin wasn't a Jedi before becoming Vader.

14. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Ladynaye: Still waiting for more people to read this before I post chapter 8.

ehopepower: Thanks for reading.

dtdang2: Well, if I get a few more replies, I'll probably post tonight.

ilymeforever: The next encounter will be in the next chapter. Poor Vader! ;)

qtrhrs78: Do you think I am going to make it that easy on Vader? ;) And I added you to the PM list. :)

ANAKINSBABY: What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm Jmsbndgrl. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only replies. :p

Farra_Sti: Thanks for reading. :)

Well 7 replies isn't bad, but there are currently 16 people on the PM list and I know there are some lurkers out there somewhere (*waves* Hi out there! :) ) . I'm going to wait on posting chapter 8 for at least a few more hours, so some of the others get a chance to read this chapter. When I check back in a couple of hours, if I have more replies, then I'll consider posting 8 tonight. ;)

15. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Tee hee.

His frustration with her is quite funny!

jazz

16. JediAffairs

JediAffairs Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    Delurking to ask to be put on the PM list and a pretty please for Chapter 8 to be posted.

I love the premise of this story!!

17. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Great, I should have looked at this one earlier. But now I have so much of this to read.
    It should be awesome.
    hmmm, Vader and Padme togeather, interesting. Hmmmmm [face_thinking]
    (goes back to read all the chapters thusfar)
    [face_batting]

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    I wanted to let you know that the chapter about Vader's history was important. I didn't find it boring at all...it's vital to the story, as it is the history.

hmmmm......Vader is being all cold and evil contioually.

I'm interested to see how Vader will continue to deal with Padmé....

19. Amidala66

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm so greedy. Please please please post Chapter 8 soon or I will have to wait until tomorrow night to see what happens.

I still think that Palpatine's idea is going to backfire because both Vader and Padme are so strong willed.

I loved the update. Please please please post soon.

20. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Jazz_Skywalker: The frustration continues...

JediAffairs: Welcome to the party. :) I've added you to the PM list.

Palpy560: Only 7 chapters...I mean 8...;) Hope you enjoy it.

LukeSkywalker_2001: I'm glad you did not find the history chapter boring. It is important because it will help drive the rest of the story. However, I do know that some people find backstories boring, so I was just making a warning. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though. :)

Amidala66: Greed is a path to the dark side! :p But here is the chapter anyways.

I'm posting chapter 8 now since something came up and I will be busy for most of tomorrow (besides I got a fairly decent amount of replies). For my regular readers who did not get a chance to read the last chapter, I'm sorry I could not wait for you. However, look at the brightside, now you get two chapters. :)

Special Note: I have slightly changed the character list for this story. Vader, Padme, and Sidious are still the main focus of the story, but now other familiar characters will pop up as well (only in a supporting role). You'll see what I mean in the following chapter....

Chapter 8: Apartment Standoff

Padmé awoke late the following morning, took a shower and changed into one of her new outfits. She was going to continue asking Vader about his real name, but her sleeping mind had come up with a new strategy. She would ask her other questions, and then subtly interject the issue of his real name. Hopefully she could catch him off guard and he would let his name slip.

After dressing herself she went to test her door. She was surprised to find it unlocked, she thought Vader had locked it during his last visit. However, she was not going to miss this opportunity to explore her new home.

Stepping out into the hall, Padmé turned left and walked towards a sitting room. Within the room, there were two sofas flanking a rectangular coffee table. However, this was the only furniture present. It seemed that Vader kept very little furniture in his apartment, since all the rooms she had seen had the bare minimum.

After the brief perusal of the sitting room, she walked into the adjacent dining room. Inside was a long table, with a chair set at each side. On the far end of the table from her sat Vader, reading through a series of datapads. It did not appear that he had noticed her, so she quietly tried to retreat back to the sitting room, but before she could turn to leave Vader called out to her.

?Come in and sit down. Your breakfast is on its way.? Vader said without moving his eyes away from his datapads.

Padmé did not say anything in response, but turned and took her seat at the opposite end of the table from him. She remained silent until a small blue domed droid entered carrying her breakfast.

?R2? What are you doing here??

?Boop boop, beeeeep.? R2D2 replied.

?The Emperor has confiscated most of your belongings, but did not seem interested in your droid. As long as you behave, you may keep him. He may stay with my droid, C3P0 when we are on board my ship.? Vader explained.

Padmé was shocked at Vader?s generosity. Just yesterday he had yelled and tried to hit her. This action seemed out of place with Vader?s previous actions.

Vader looked up from his datapads and smirked at Padmé?s speechlessness. She thought he was being generous. In reality, he had taken the droid apart earlier that morning in hopes of finding information on the rebels. Unfortunately, he did not find anything. He could have disposed of the droid, but it was in good working order and he sensed it could be helpful. Before Padmé had awoken, he put the droid back together and set him the task of making breakfast. Vader chuckled to himself at the thought that this droid could keep 3P0 entertained. His protocol droid was a sissy, scaredy cat that spent more time whining about space travel than being useful. Vader should have changed that droid?s an

21. Amidala66

Jul 14, 2005
    Even though my name is Amidala, I will go down the path to the dark side if it means I will get you to post chapters. LOL

Boy, Padme is a piece of work. I just love how slick she is trying to be in this post.

I felt sorry for Vader when she kicked him in the shin but he can take it. He's a big boy.

Thanks for the treat of two updates in one day.
    I really enjoyed them.

22. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Good to see another chapter up.Question. Is Vader gonna turn nasty if she doesn't co-operate with him about the location of the rebels? Or are they gonna fall in lurve.

23. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Man, Padme needs to just chill out.

24. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, I agree completely. Besides, Vader's being difficult. Padme's just making the best out of a bad situation and managing to have fun at the same time.

uppies!

jazz

25. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    Another great chapter! I like how you're building up their relationship.

Please post again soon!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.