main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Emperor's Revenge (AU) A/P [Sequel to The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse] *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/jmsbndgrl/EmperorRevenge.jpg]

*Thanks to Darksideyesplease for the cover art.

Title: The Emperor?s Revenge
    Genre: Drama, Romance, Angst and Alternative Universe
    Characters: Anakin, Padmé, Sidious, and other familiar faces
    Summary: Sequel to ?The Emperor?s Gift, The Emperor?s Curse.? Anakin and Padmé are married, but darkness still looms around them.
    Time Period: This is the sequel to ?The Emperor?s Gift, The Emperor?s Curse,? which was an AU ROTS story, so this follows six months after the end of that.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. I?m just borrowing George Lucas?s characters for a bit.
    Note: As this is the sequel to ?The Emperor?s Gift, The Emperor?s Curse,? I recommend that you read it before starting this one. Things will be recapped in the first part of this story and you will probably be able to follow it, but you will understand this better if you read the original.

To Everybody: I promised I would post this once I returned to the boards, so I am fulfilling that promise. :) I will be sending PMs to those who requested in a moment. To make sure that the PM list is correct and up to date (and that I am not spamming anyone), please leave me a note in your reply or via PM saying if you want to remain or be placed on the PM list. Just because you are on the PM list now does not mean you will stay on it, so make sure you leave me a message.

Now, with the start of this fic, I am now writing 2 stories, this one and 'Always in Motion.' Therefore, for updates I plan to try to alternate between my stories. For example, since I am posting here, my next update will go to 'Always in Motion', and then to this one. This may not work out exactly depending on how motivated I am to write one over the other, but I'm going to try to stick to it. I know a few of you have been waiting for this, so without further ado, here is the sequel to 'The Emperor's Gift, The Emperor's Curse.'

Prologue:

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. The field surrounds and penetrates individuals, binding the universe together. Upon death, a person?s essence becomes part of this all-encompassing Force to add to its strength and growth. However, not all Force presences are peaceful. Some are malignant, with a desire for revenge.

Chapter 1: The Force Presence

It had been six months since the destruction of the Sith. Six long months had passed since an apprentice turned on his master and destroyed an ancient order that had survived millennia. Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith and former Emperor of the galaxy had been killed by his apprentice when he was swayed away from the lures of the dark side.

For years, the Dark Lord had poisoned the young man?s mind making him believe that the galaxy could only be safe under the rule of the Empire. For years, Darth Vader, as his apprentice had once been called, blindly performed the Emperor?s bidding. Systems fell under Imperial rule and the Sith Lord?s power grew as he used his gifted and naïve apprentice as a tool against his enemies.

The galaxy had almost been his. Darth Vader pursued and decimated the troublesome rebel alliance, which wished to bring democracy back to the galaxy. All seemed well with the universe for Darth Sidious, he could stay in his palace in Coruscant, and let his young minion do his bidding. Unfortunately, Darth Sidious was unaware that his apprentice was not fully consumed by the dark side of the Force, and unwittingly supplied the means to turn Vader against him.

The treacherous Senator Padmé Amidala, one of the leaders of the rebel alliance, had been captured by Palpatine and subsequently tortured and interrogated for information. However, the woman would not talk and Sidious became infuriated by her presence. Amidala could not be killed because her death would create sympathy for the rebellion. Therefore, to rid himself of her presence, Sidious gave her as a gift to his

2. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Yay, the sequel! Keep me on the PM list please.

3. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Ahhh, the sequel. I liked the "scrolling screen" feel of this intro! Keep me on the PM list, please!!

4. wkmaksar

wkmaksar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    *gasp* emperor reincarnated!:eek:

5. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Looking forward to it. :)

6. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    You know that you have no choice but to keep me on the pm list!!!
    I'm so excited for your next post.

Thanks for the pm and please post soon!!!!![face_praying]

7. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oooh, exciting! Please keep me on your PM list!

8. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    [:D] SEQUEL! I love it all ready! [:D] Definetly keep me on the PM list!

9. flyingcolours

flyingcolours Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    Palpy just can't seem to stay dead, eh?

Great start, and please keep me on the PM list :)

10. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_dancing] YES! A sequal![face_dancing] Can't get enough of them.

Unfortunately, Darth Sidious was unaware that his apprentice was not fully consumed by the dark side of the Force, and unwittingly supplied the means to turn Vader against him.

I still laugh at the sheer irony of that.

Finally, six months later, the former Emperor had pulled himself into a dark mass of force energy.

I'm amazed. I trust it's not easy to bring ones presence back together, so to do it in half a year is pretty remarkable.

The Sith order may be no more, but he would have his revenge.

And the big question is: How? I can't wait to find out!:)

I'm sure this story will be just as great (if not greater) than its predecessor, JBG. If you're doing a PM list, please add me! Can't wait to read more!:D

11. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The long awaited sequel!!!!! Please keep me on the list!!!

Happy New Year!!!

12. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: He's alive!

Just.

I'm on that Pm list...wheather you like it or not![face_plain]

Cheers_Cazza

13. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Yay!! I am so excited!!!! I read the whole first story as a lurker and am totally ready for another. Please PM me when you update.

14. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    :eek: Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!!!!

Man, Palpatine just never stays dead does he??! Can't wait to see where this is going, so please keep me on PM list.

Happy New Year's Eve!!! :D

15. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Feel free to take me off the list! :D

Only kidding! I adore you and your awesome fics! [:D] =D=

I am so happy to see this sequel, what an amazing start, I can't wait for more. :)

Happy New Year

16. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Happy New Year! [face_dancing]

qtrhrs78: Thanks for reading.

widow_skywalker: Thanks for reading. :D

wkmaksar: Well, he isn't reincarnated he's a blob of force energy. So in some cases he is like a malevolent ghost. However, he isn't a ghost either (I know its confusing), he is just an intangible whisper in the force.

starwarsfan1000: Thanks for reading.

ChewbacaRocks: Yes, I figured you would stay on the PM list, but I have to ask.

Jazz_Skywalker: Thanks for reading.

Galactic_Girl: You are on the list, thanks for reading.

flyingcolours: He's dead, but his essence is still hanging around. Thanks for reading.

AP4EVER: You have been added to the PM list.

HandmaidenVeme: Just over 2 months isn't that long. :p Ok, maybe it is, but I think I can make up for that. [face_whistling]

Jedi_Master_Cazz: He's not alive, he's just a malevolent force presence. Kind of like a ghost. I felt he was the best villain choice given what happened in the last story.

MasterEnder: You are on the PM list. Always happy to see the lurkers post. I was a lurker once, a long time ago. ;)

Lady_Jade: He's dead, but his essence is hanging around.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: I'll take you off the list if you want. :p I actually found that comment hilarious coming from you especially after all the 'Yay! a Sequel!' messages I had from you after I announce I was writing this. ;) Enough with the teasing, after all I adore you and your fics as well. :)

To Everybody: Here is the current list of people who are confirmed on the PM list. If I missed you, let me know:

darksideyesplease
    HandmaidenVeme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    widow_skywalker
    ChewbacaRocks
    Galactic_Girl
    Jazz_Skywalker
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    qtrhrs78
    flyingcolours
    Lady_Jade
    AP4EVER
    MasterEnder

17. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    its nice to see you posting this.

of course the predesscor kinda blew up so i don't expect any less from this.

great start... can we have padme in a towel in this one? :-B

i hope felsgoddess doesn't come in here and see that, i can't make my random Nadme comments anymore.

18. Darth_Gemini1992

Darth_Gemini1992 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Add me to your PM list, please. :]

I really like this, just as I really liked the other.

-Gemini @};-

19. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Please add me to the pm list. You know that I want to be on it.

It looks like another winning story. Palpatine just doesn't know how to stay dead.

20. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Keep me on your PM list please!

Palpy is making a comeback...cool! Maybe he could possess a Jedi or someone!

21. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    I wonder what our favorite resurrected Sith Lord is up to now? :confused:

Great start! I can't wait for more.:D

Could you please add me to the PM list?

22. leiaelyssa

leiaelyssa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    I had read your last one the Emperor's gift and liked it..Hope this one will be as interesting..Add me to the PM list when you have uncut versions..or updates..

23. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    add me to the pm list please. I loved the prev., and I'm sure I'll love the new one

24. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    darksideyesplease: I'll see what I can do about Padme. ;) Thanks for reading.

Darth_Gemini1992: I've added you to the PM list, thanks for reading.

Amidala66: Palpatine is dead, he's just floating around in the force. He does not have a body, but he can still cause trouble.

Ladynaye: You are still on the list. :)

LORDVIGILANCE: He's not resurrected, but he's up to no good. [face_devil]

leiaelyssa: I added you to the PM list. :D

palpyisgod2: You are on the list! :D

To Everybody: The next post is pretty much completed, I just have to recheck through it one more time. Hopefully it will be up today, but it is snowing and I will be spending most of the day shoveling it. To make matters worse there is about an inch of this slushy-ice mix under an additional 4 inches of snow that means it must be shovelled all by hand because it is so heavy. I'm going to have to put an order into Kamino for some Anakin and Obi-Wan clones because this is ridiculous! :p

Anyways, if I am still functional later today I'll post. In the mean time, here is the updated PM list:

darksideyesplease
    HandmaidenVeme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    widow_skywalker
    Amidala66
    ChewbacaRocks
    Ladynaye
    Galactic_Girl
    Jazz_Skywalker
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    qtrhrs78
    flyingcolours
    Lady_Jade
    AP4EVER
    MasterEnder
    Darth_Gemini1992
    LORDVIGILANCE
    leiaelyssa
    palpyisgod2

25. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To Everybody: I do not know about the rest of you, but I hate snow! :mad: Anyways, I am taking a break from my snow removal to bring you the next chapter. I know that this one and the last chapter are short, but we have to get through this backstory stuff first before we can really get started. I promise that Palpy is up to no good. [face_devil]

Chapter 2: The Jedi and the Senator

Anakin and Padmé Skywalker had been married six months ago this day. However, the last time they had seen each other was a couple of hours after the wedding. Anakin had immediately been sent on a mission by the Jedi Council to dismantle the Imperial Navy. As the former Sith Apprentice, Anakin was the most knowledgeable about the Imperial forces and the best ways of decommissioning them.

The young couple never had a chance to celebrate their marriage with a proper honeymoon. Married at the inception of the new Republic, both were busy ensuring a peaceful transition back to democracy, Anakin as a Jedi and Padmé as a Senator.

Senator Padmé Amidala had her rank and title restored to her at the rise of the new Republic. She was no longer the slave of Darth Vader, but the wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator of Naboo. Elected Supreme Chancellor Bail Organa had proclaimed a decree renouncing all of Emperor Palpatine?s decrees in order to make Padmé?s reinstatement official.

With her new husband off on a Jedi mission, Padmé kept herself busy by performing her senatorial duties in building the new republic. Days seemed to pass by quickly with her massive workload, but the nights were lonelier with Anakin?s absence. The two did send holotransmissions to each other everyday, but she still missed him and longed to see him again.

Dusk was falling upon the cityscape of Coruscant as Padmé watched the traffic flow by her balcony. She was daydreaming about Anakin, something she did a lot of lately. Their relationship had had a rough start. She had been given to Darth Vader, Apprentice of the Sith as his slave. Angered by this demotion, she had done everything in her power to make the young Sith?s life miserable. She fought with him, disobeyed him, and nagged him to reveal his true name.

Never in her wildest dreams did Padmé think she would ever fall in love with the Sith. However, she found that the Sith Apprentice was not as evil as his master and was simply misguided. Darth Vader never treated her like a slave, and save for a few violent outbursts, treated her fairly well.

Deep within the Sith was a good man who was eventually revealed to be Anakin Skywalker, the man she loved. Padmé sighed as she glanced up in the sky. Her Anakin was up there clearing out the last remnants of his former master?s Empire, performing his duty as a Jedi Knight of the new Republic. She smiled at this thought and slowly turned her gaze away and started to walk back inside their apartment. However, before she crossed the threshold of the balcony, she glanced back at the sky and smiled, for soon her husband would be coming home.

Anakin Skywalker had just finished decommissioning the last of the former Imperial fleet. He had met a few pockets of resistance, but after some brief aggressive negotiations, the former Imperials saw things his way and surrendered to the new Republic. With the fall of the last of the Imperial fleet, Anakin was now in the cockpit of his yellow Jedi Starfighter, flying as fast as he could back home to Coruscant, and more importantly to Padmé.

He had been given two weeks leave from the Jedi Council so that he and Padmé could have the honeymoon they did not get a chance to have with the sudden fall of the Empire. Padmé had it arranged so that she would take some time off from the Senate so that they could spend the two weeks together, uninterrupted. However, Anakin was hoping to arrive in Coruscant a day early as a surprise. He longed to hold Padmé in his arms again as they shared a lingering kiss.

He was still in awe that a beautiful creature such as

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.