Lou, KY The Empire has been sold: How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by New Vanck, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey Mika I've looked and can't find any news on the cancellation of the Clone Wars figures from Hazbro. Do you have an announcement link for that? People on facebook are asking questions. ;)

Detours. On indefinite hold.... this is horrible. It has loads of promise. Is Disney nuts? The mouse is acting squirrelly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PRAsh8W-sjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Mar 12, 2013
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Facebook? Like I care what those people think ;)

Note in my post I said " no more animated style Clone Wars figures from Hasbro", they'll still have the realistic sculpts they started releasing in the vintage line. My info comes from the Hasbro Report from Toy Fair 2013 as reported by RebelScum
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Toy_Fair_2013_The_Hasbro_Report_150221.asp

Umm, yeah...that video link...that's for Seth Green's Star Wars Detours which I mention in my post has also been "postponed" (meaning probably never). Yes it DID have promise but now it's just another victim.

"In addition, Lucasfilm announced that the release of Star Wars: Detours, the comedy series co-created by Robot Chicken's Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, has been postponed until "a later date."
    "Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense," the company said in an official annoucement."
    Last edited by jedimika, Mar 12, 2013
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    And in another bit of news LFL (meaning Disney in my eyes) has asked that the 501st change the name of their charity fund raising event (which I took part in at CVI and they had at ConNooga this year) from "Shoot"-a-Trooper to "Blast"-a -Trooper. The 501st will of course be complying with this change.

[IMG]
    Last edited by jedimika, Mar 12, 2013
  4. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Yea.. and we'd better pray they don't change it any further. Thanks Mika... and I think Facebook is a bad situation. I"m going to try and go to Lexicon but I don't want to ride up by myself. If Estreya and Nocturnus go up, I'll go. Here's hoping. [face_dancing]
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Was thinking about the 5 seasons of Clone Wars that we got and I remembered the Clone Wars movie was about the time (a couple months before) that the Louisville Galactic Alliance was having its resurgence, so congratulations for 5 years of the Clone Wars and the LGA! Thank you all for the fun years and here's to many more!
  6. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3
    It is almost 5 years now! Still going VERY strong! I remember the first official meeting and reinstatement of this once dead group. It was Mika, Xanatos, Bulbous, Cungr, and myself at Mr. Gatti's. June 21st '08. The day the LGA was born. Happy Early Birthday LGA!!!!!!!
  7. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    As C3-PO would say,"That's Wuuuuunderful"! Happy Life Day To Us!! I'll never forget my first time meeting you all at the SW Clone Wars movie. If not for that movie, I wouldn't have found you incredible peoples. Here's to many more years together.

Ya know... something dawned on me yesterday. I was thinking about the fact that the original cast will be starring in the new EP.VII, and I thought,"Wow... they are bringing an age group into the mix that will open up new costumes for those of us who are their ages".

Meesah Be Liken Dis. [face_dancing]
  8. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    And shortly after that, I met Mika and Cungr at the theater to see Fanboys. Had so much fun, I decided to stick around-- and aren't you all glad I did!

Speaking of anniversaries-- looks like I overlooked the fact that I have been on the TFN boards as Yoda_Jammies for 10 years now! :)
  9. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Last edited by jedimika, Mar 20, 2013
  10. mindtwister_138 Force Ghost

star 3
    WOW!!! Just looking at mine, I will have been on these boards for 11 years in July! Time flies when you are having fun. Although during those dark times when nobody was posting, I did consider deleting my username. Good thing I didn't though, or I would have never met any of you guys. This is the best group I have ever been a part of, and unlike the others, I truly feel like you guys are my friends instead of just people who meet on occasion. I am truly grateful for that.

Mika, it seems we may be in for more dark times with Disney under the helm...at least until we see "something" from them. Right now it looks bleak because they are taking everything that we were told we were going to get away from us, and cancelling the things we already have. I will write them off completely if they screw Episode VII up.
  11. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Mika... I feel the same way you do on all counts. I feel like you guys are truly my friends. I've been so betrayed lately it has really been difficult for me ... people turning into jerks is one thing, but this was an out right betrayal and I was broad sided.

I deal with trust issues anyway and have most of my life. I've never been so betrayed in... I can't remember when. It really brought some bad stuff up to the surface on me that I had under control... and I've almost been so over whelmed that it feels I will choke on it.. really hard, really bad, the old feelings of anger, of fear, and it makes me not like myself at all.

I'm not whining about it. I'm relaying an internal battle I've been having with costuming as a direct result of that situation, at least for any other group but this one. I'm having a hard time... I would really like to get into the swing of the Legion but there are difficulties I'm facing. I really need to talk with you Mika but not on line.. in person. =(( Don't worry, you are my freind and I'm not laying burdens on you. I'm not going to ask you something like,"What do you think I should do"? I have my big girl pants on... I just need a clear and fresh perspective. .. and I trust you.

I also agree about this stang mouse business. Unfortunately here is more trash I have for the pile.

http://www.thesonicsaber.com/2013/03/disney-to-possibly-shut-down-lucasarts_20.html
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Mar 21, 2013
  12. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  13. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Dar called me last night about the Lucas Arts shut down. We had quite the conversation about this newest deconstruct of Lucas's Empire to include the whole Disney take over. Yes, we had quite the conversation. I am not happy about anything they've done so far and they have done a lot in a very short period of time. So far, Disney has shown me nothing accept what I expected them to do. However they are not bringing about ... "Peace Threw Destruction". :mad:

There are apparently a LOT of angry fans. They are going to lose a large portion of the fan base if they keep this up. They don't realize how this is hurting. Nor do I expect they have the capability nor the inclination to care.

I pointed out to Dar that they have not addressed the Star Wars fan base to say "Hi". "How ya doin"? "Here is the direction we plan on taking things". "Please be patient". NOTHING.

I don't appreciate that one bit. I find it .... well, as Jar-Jar would put it....

"HOW RUDE".

Dar and I have very differing feelings and perspectives on the subject. VERY DIFFERING.
    Don't worry, him and I are still friends. [face_laugh]
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Apr 4, 2013
  15. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    It's such a haven to have a source to receive compassion and empathy.

Here, I don't have to worry about being told to get over it.
    Here, I don't have to worry about being told this means too much to me.
    Here, I don't have to worry about being told to "Get Happy and Quit Muh Bi*&en".

Legitimization is important to all of us. And as Geeks, I've noticed we seem to be a social group which is more fiery than most. Maybe that's a prejudiced inside view of us, or maybe I'm speaking of only myself... You know, from the inside looking out. :D

But I think for us, .... especially for us, Geeks are highly emotional. We don't expect to be agreed with, however every ones feelings are real, and those feelings need legitimization. Yea....
    Legitimization = respect.
    And respect = love. [face_love] Respect says that I love you.

Hi everyone. ... "This one from the depths of my heart".

Here, my feelings although not always agreed with, they have always been legitimized = respect = love.

I want to express how very important all of you are to me. So very, very important. I want all of you to know how much I completely appreciate every one of you in my life. I want to express to all of you how much you make my lifes journey so completely satisfying and fulfilling.

In the words of the immortal Dr. Evil to Minni Me,"You Complete Me".

And I want to express to all of you that I hope from my depths, that I can also bring a little light into your lives. For what you have brought into mine, I couldn't bare to leave this world and not have done the same for you.

Have I told you all lately that I love you? [:D]

I know it's a business and businesses are about money. However due to the real human component involved here, I hope the Disney Corporation in the end of all of this deconstruction, also legitimizes our feelings.
    We shall see.
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Apr 8, 2013
  16. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I really do think we (meaning me, and my LGA peeps, and star wars fandom in general) will get through this. It is like the birthing pains of a new era, that, I really do feel will be good in the long run.

In the short term it sucks.

I loved watching Star Wars every Saturday (and getting Ms. Jammies into the Warz with our mutual love for the show)! I was excited to watch the films in 3D in the theaters with my nephew (and see the fun via his little boy eyes)! I even saved up and bought a new PC to play Star Wars Underworld: 1313 staring young Boba Fett!

And now all of our toys are being taken away. You are right Zannah, we SHOULD have a statement to the fans by The Mouse.

All we have is each other. Yoda said "unlearn, what you have learned" and so I am going to take this change with a calmness and a serenity worthy of a jedi. At least, until I am alone in my car in rush hour: then I will scream Sithspit over and over as I cut off people with little smart cars and run over pedestrians as if they were Tuskin Raiders who just killed my mom.

I think I said it before somehwere in this thread: but Disney cannot take away my books and comics. They cannot take away my Clone Wars BluRays. They cannot take away all my copies of the films (VHS tapped of HBO for me by my late uncle, Laserdisk, THX letterbox VHS, Special Edition VHS, DVD, DVD with Laserdisk transfer on the other side, BluRay, fan edits, etc). They cannot take away my models, even though they are trying too (thank you wonderfest back rooms!).

And they cannot separate us from each other!

MTFBWY-A

Jammies
  17. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    this just in from disney:
    "All Star Wars Fans are now required by law to have NO interaction with each other. Star Wars Fans are hereby not allowed to be within 500 feet of each other, at all times. Also, we will be raiding the homes of said fans, and taking all of their toys, movies, books, comic books, graphic novels, dvds, cd's, laserdisc, VHS, Beta, games, and models."
    Last edited by VoxDeamonicus, Apr 8, 2013
  18. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Ha Ha! That is funny one Vox, for a seco .......... wait. ............. Oh crap that wasn't a joke guys, a big mouse driving a truck just pulled up to the house with a bunch of armed stormtroopers and they are....

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  19. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Love and Respect...great words Zannah. For each other and for Star Wars.

I only hope Disney will learn to love and respect Star Wars as much as we do.
  20. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    [:D] We .... RAWK!! [face_batting]

In response to Vox .... [face_laugh] ... at least I think. But ah oh!!! Is that an AT-ST coming up the driveway???? :confused: Oh NOOOOO!!! It's the Black Pearl!!! :eek:

To My Jammies ... I [face_love] you.

And to Mika ... [face_cowboy] Right there with you pardner.
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Apr 9, 2013
  21. xanatos1975 Force Ghost

star 3
    I understand that a LOT of people are nervous about the new movies and are hurt that GL sold the franchise to Disney, but until I see a final product, I will give it a fair try. For those of you like me that were around for the opening of a weird new space movie called "Star Wars" back in 77, we were all curious about it until we watched it and loved it. Just because it's in a new packaging doesn't mean the same magic won't be there. From what I have read GL will be consulted quite a bit during the making of the films. If all else fails, use this line of reasoning... I seriously doubt that Disney would spend over 4 billion dollars to buy the rights to a franchise to completely tank it. I will concede this, Disney has been known in the past for being out for a quick buck from time to time. Even if this is true, and they did put out crap movies, no one would go see them and it would be an entire wash for Disney all together. If you ran a company, would you spend over 4 billion dollars just to watch it go out the window? Or would you want to see it do great, and see a return on your money?? and keep making money on top of that. Star Wars has such a following, that if they did it right, Star Wars could be like Disney printing money for years to come. But I think they realize that they cannot "half-ass" it when it comes to a cultural icon. The fans will not watch a woman by a creek hitting a burlap bag full of cats and call it Star Wars and repeatedly watch it over and over again. Disney can be "Goofy" from time to time (pun intended lol), but they are by no means stupid. I think they will give Star Wars a fair shake in my opinion, and do their best to see their money back if for no other reason.
  22. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Agreed Xanatos.. and I use that very same reasoning to clam my anxiety every time they shut something down. It wouldn't make sense. Agreed and...

Welcome back! Long time no see.
  23. xanatos1975 Force Ghost

star 3
  24. xanatos1975 Force Ghost

star 3
    I feel upset when I hear that they shut something down as well, but then I think, "I did the same thing when I took my promotion to band director in the rec department at work. I got rid of some of what I thought as dead weight, and made room for the new. Some of my changes were not good so I changed them back. Disney is probably clearing out the dead weight, and if anything feels wrong, they still have the possibility to change it back. At least I HOPE that is how they think lol.
  25. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2