The Empire has been sold: How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by New Vanck, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ahh...Kevin Smith made it cool to drop Star Wars references in movies. If I win that contest to have a cameo in the movie I'll probably cry when I see the set too.
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  4. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Author of Book Club Book Kenobi, John Jackson Miller wrote this on the new status of the EU. Thank you for this JJM!

JJ Miller: I really think it’s a mistake for people to play the canon/not-canon parlor game. What they said when they made the announcement is that the previous material wasn’t being discarded, it would be drawn from – inspirations and ideas would come from it. The planets are the same; the species are the same. You know, the Rebels series uses the same manufacturer of the TIE fighters that was introduced in the Role Playing Games years ago. My book revolves around a strategic compound that I introduced back in KOTOR years ago! The universe is the same.
    The thing about “Legends,” and that’s the word on the cover of the previous material: Legends can be true, in part or in whole. They inspire, they are sort of like the King Arthur story – parts of that, little bits of that here and there are true.
  5. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Eleven has really and I do mean totally been in the dumps about all of this and right now, she needs Star Wars horridly bad in her life.

The way I have been seeing this is just as the author described it. I have been attempting to come from that aspect with her and up until now, to no avail. I am going to send this statement to her my Jammies..."Thank You" for sharing. It may mean more than you know. ... it just might help her.

And keep your fingers crossed, she just might be at our next book club meeting.

The Force Willing And The Creek Don't Rise.
  6. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    i hope so. miss our little dancer.
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Anything I can do to give her some sunshine, I will.
  8. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Vox, I take it you will be there? =D=
  9. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Very well said. I guess that's why he's a writer and I'm not...that whole ability to turn thoughts and ideas into well crafted words.
  10. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  11. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    also depends on if we have the gas to get there. watching our money right now. which sucks.
  12. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Book Club is this Monday.