main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Empire has been sold: How do you feel?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by New Vanck, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Ahh...Kevin Smith made it cool to drop Star Wars references in movies. If I win that contest to have a cameo in the movie I'll probably cry when I see the set too.

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Author of Book Club Book Kenobi, John Jackson Miller wrote this on the new status of the EU. Thank you for this JJM!

JJ Miller: I really think it’s a mistake for people to play the canon/not-canon parlor game. What they said when they made the announcement is that the previous material wasn’t being discarded, it would be drawn from – inspirations and ideas would come from it. The planets are the same; the species are the same. You know, the Rebels series uses the same manufacturer of the TIE fighters that was introduced in the Role Playing Games years ago. My book revolves around a strategic compound that I introduced back in KOTOR years ago! The universe is the same.
    The thing about “Legends,” and that’s the word on the cover of the previous material: Legends can be true, in part or in whole. They inspire, they are sort of like the King Arthur story – parts of that, little bits of that here and there are true.

5. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Eleven has really and I do mean totally been in the dumps about all of this and right now, she needs Star Wars horridly bad in her life.

The way I have been seeing this is just as the author described it. I have been attempting to come from that aspect with her and up until now, to no avail. I am going to send this statement to her my Jammies..."Thank You" for sharing. It may mean more than you know. ... it just might help her.

And keep your fingers crossed, she just might be at our next book club meeting.

The Force Willing And The Creek Don't Rise.

6. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    i hope so. miss our little dancer.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Anything I can do to give her some sunshine, I will.

8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Vox, I take it you will be there? =D=

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Very well said. I guess that's why he's a writer and I'm not...that whole ability to turn thoughts and ideas into well crafted words.

10. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    when is it?

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    also depends on if we have the gas to get there. watching our money right now. which sucks.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Book Club is this Monday.

13. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Well I have to rant after reading A New Dawn, Lords of the Sith, Tarkin and just beginning Heir to the Jedi. I have also caught up with the comics Marvel released Darth Vader, Star Wars, Princess Leia and Kanan: the Last Padawan. I was a bit worried that Darth Mickey would run Star Wars into the ground. I was imagining that it would go the way of not so recent sequels going straight to home video and becoming collateral damage for Disney's campaign of entertainment supremacy. But I must say after reading these stories as well as the tidbits about the Force Awakens and Rogue One, that I am insanely impressed with the story telling abilities of those Disney allocates. I find myself reliving the magic I felt 38 years ago when the first movie took a hold of my attention an imagination for decades. No other movie has ever been able to measure up to what I have been experiencing since the first time i sat in those seats looking to a galaxy far, far away and I find myself (as in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) as giddy as a schoolboy for everything taking place. From what I have experienced thus far, Disney Is showing the much due respect it deserves by Disney and they have my utmost respect. When I was nervous about it, I would tell myself "why would a company throw away4 billion dollars just to ruin something?" as a way to comfort myself, but in the back of my head I would still have doubts as to their intentions. But after reading all of this, those doubts have been swept away. I listen to the forcecast here on the force.net every week. A few casts ago the host, Justin Bolger said something that sums it all up for me in a simple statement. He said that "a lot of people are now saying its a good time to be a Star Wars fan, I am going to take it one step further and say it is THE time to be a Star Wars fan."

14. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    I have only read Tarkin, but I did watch all of Rebels, and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by the quality being put out by the Mouse House. The Force Awakens will be the deciding factor for me tough...

15. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    if you like Rebels, read A New Dawn and the Kanan: The Last Padawan comic series... it tells a lot, and it all canon as well

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's been hit or miss for me but overall I'm pleased with the direction we're headed.

17. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Trying to stay away from the comics....not enough funds for everything I want to do!