main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Empire in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by purplerain, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Which raises the question of whether or not the people of the GFFA ever found out the truth about Palpatine.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I don't need to see the imperial military in VII. But that the brainwash curse was lifted immediately after 1945 was simply incorrect which would be clear to you if you read the fascinating Spiegel article.

So it wouldn't surprise me if we see some imperial influence in VII-IX. In fact I am expecting it.

T-R- and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My WWII Professor was saying something similar about that with the Japanese after WWII. The government was still teaching their actions in a good light or something so I can see that happening here.

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I don't expect JJ & Disney or Lucas himself to contradict the celebrations on Coruscant in ROTJ. It was the depiction of a liberated people. But D'an, they only showed a few worlds. Maybe the celebration wasn't galaxy-wide. Please. Are they going to spend another hour of bonus footage depicting 1,000 more systems partying? They tore down a statue of Palpatine. Most of us got the point.

I love TIE fighters & Star Destroyers, but I want no part of the Empire 30 years after the Battle of Endor. It would be a missed opportunity to present new & interesting enemies.

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    A small remnant or some former imperials serving in the republic wouldn't contradict those celebrations.

Imo only the Empire as main villain could do that.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Why the Empire?

[​IMG]

Because the Empire has the sweetest ships in the galaxy that are not the Millennium Falcon or an X-Wing Fighter.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If they made the PT back in the 70's and made the OT in the 90's and 2000's I bet they would have added something from the Separatists in the OT. Or they could do that in a OT reboot.

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    We don't need to see the Empire to see Imperial equipment like Star Destroyers. What we need is someone competent and ruthless enough to put them to good use.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    like a remnant;)

10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Oh, I'm sure we'll meet some characters who once fought for the wrong team. But a small military presence still referring to themselves as "The Empire" fighting a rebellion? It's laughable:

"Hey, Karl- how long have we been fighting this rebellion?"

"Hmm... well, Steve, I was 20 (in clone years of course) when we started. Dang I think it's almost been 40 years now!"

"Wow. Time sure flies, huh?"

"Sure does."

"...You ever get the feeling maybe the rest of the universe is against us? Like, maybe we're losing? Like people are just laughing at us now? Like maybe we're not a really an Empire anymore, ya know? You ever feel like- I don't know. Giving up??"

"NEVER! WE ARE SPARTA!!!"

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It wouldn't bother me at all if they were somewhat pathetic. They could prove over the course of the story that they still shouldn't be underestimated.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Have them save the good guys!

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I want the things of the Rebellion and the things of the Empire to both survive as part of our ST good-guy government. We should have some TIE fighters and Star Destroyers, or their design descendants, but as the fleet that comes to back up our heroes when things get tough. It would be awesome to see Grand Admiral Han on the bridge of his flagship in a gray, Empire-style uniform with those red-and-blue rank pips. Or in an emergency, Luke asking a commander, "What's the fastest ship you've got?" and being shown to a TIE Advanced or similar.

I don't think it makes sense for the Rebels to set up their own government and smash the Empire to bits for the next 30 years. What we know as Rebellion and Empire should be shown to have merged.

BLemelisk, D'an and darklordoftech like this.
  14. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I think this would be far more likely as we got to see a bit of their evolution in the PT.

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I want a former imperial on the main team. A sarcastic, snarky guy.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Yeah, someone who never lets up about all the Rebellion's 35-year old mistakes. In the Falcon, running from bad guys:

Han: OK, there's one. An ice planet. Uninhabited. We can hide there.

Veers: Oh, because that worked so well for you last time.

Jaina Solo (low): What is he talking about?

Ben Skywalker (low): I never know.

Darth_Pevra and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU's Nebula and Endurance look like descendants of the PT and OT ships to a degree:

18. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Those ships reminds me of those wannabe star destroyers in SWTOR

19. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Isn't the empire the legitimate state? the rebels was always japping on how their not separatists but loyalists,doesn't that mean they want to take control over the empire and transform it back into the republic rather then declare a breakaway state ,you know..like separatists..

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    After Berlin was invaded and Hitler was gone the Nazis were still around in the 70's weren't they?

Oh wait not they weren't.

As Clone Wars showed though a lot of what was the Empire already existed in the Republic. That was the scary part.

QuangoFett and Iron_lord like this.
  21. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    It's easy to see a lot of parallels between Hitler & Palpatine; both ascended to power in corrupt Republics. To continue with the history lesson: The Weimar Republic was established after the defeat of Imperial Germany, and barely lasted a decade before Hitler & his henchmen transformed the government into a military-driven totalitarian state.

The moral of the story is: Star Wars doesn't need an "Empire" for bad guys in the ST: entities with sinister agendas can always reinvent themselves. George invented the "greedy Trade Federation" for Phantom Menace. 30 years after The Battle of Endor, I'm sure opposing factions have evolved a bit.

We didn't see anything like Star Destroyers or TIE Fighters until the end of ROTS. Military technology is always changing. Seeing Star Destroyers, TIE Fighters, & (functioning) ATAT Walkers in the ST would be the same as seeing biplanes, horses, & trench warfare in WWII.

QuangoFett and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The diplomatic ship in TPM resembled the consular ship in ANH though.

There may not be all that much evolution in appearance.

23. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    As we saw in the PT and Clone Wars there are so many systems that have to be controlled by the Senate which then is dissolved to rule by fear.

Really the Empire should have been finished after Star Wars as it's set up that with the Death Star gone they don't have the means to keep the now openly oppressed systems in line.

Obviously that was skated over for the sequels but redone again with another Death Star plus the Emperor destroyed plus the Imperial forces best ships.

Sure you can do anything you want but having remnants of the Empire hanging around 30+ years later is a bit much to my mind but what was once Republic that became Empire can be Republic again.

I mean why wouldn't they use the same super gigantic ships if they exist already?

They aren't bad guys it was the people who used them that were.

QuangoFett likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    With the Emperor and Vader being the two greatest threats to take care of would the Rebellion be able to hold everyone together to be able to finish off the Empire entirely? Or would everyone split and focus on their own interests?

25. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Hmmm

The "Imperial stage," which is "huge," features a full-size TIE fighter prop and greenscreens on two sides.There is also a Star Destroyer bridge set, recognizable based on its "distincive triangular windows.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...lassic_Planet_Is_Out_Another_Is_In_158502.asp

This kinda worries me. It's 30 years after the Rebels defeated Vader and the Emperor, but the Empire is going strong?

QuangoFett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.