main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Empire in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by purplerain, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I still believe the Empire will be back in some form, perhaps even as something identical to real-world Neo-Nazi fringe groups (maybe "Neo-Imperialist" or "Palpatinism") & how they still believe in things such as the views of Hitler, White Supremacy and a lot of other Bantha fodder but obviously, it will be in a much smaller capacity than it was during the OT.

2. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

Right, I imagine it's kind of like how we deal with terrorism today... Sure you can take out a terrorist group or leader, but you're not actually defeating the ideology... so surely there will be some remnants of people who want to rebuild it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Lucas - exactly, and I will be eternally grateful.

Making a movie to try to please fans is impossible - no two fans are alike, which fan do you make it for.

Abrams is on record about this - he is making the best Star Wars he can make with a story and characters he believes in.

He didn't play it safe with Star Trek. He won't with Star Wars.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm so glad to see that ideological survival isn't the exclusive domain of the Sith.

Jedi Merkurian and Dra--- like this.
  5. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    So I am curious if the mouse droid that appears in the video released today is PROOF to anyone that the Empire still exists in the ST?

Dra--- likes this.
  6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Mouse droids existed pre-Empire, they will exist post-Empire.

Mouse droids were seen on Mustafar remember, where the leadership of the separatists were slaughtered.

They are not exclusive Imperial droid types.

I think the Empire will still exist though, just think Mouse droids are not evidence either way.

7. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    So, regarding the latest rumours from Badass Digest, what do people think about the following?
    Are the nefarious force Imperials and if they are do you think it makes sense that they would go down the superweapon path for a third time?

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What I think is that Faraci read the Jedi Academy Trilogy and doesn't actually know a thing about the ST.

Jedi Merkurian , Rabs and Lord Chazza like this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i sense dark jedi with jetpacks.

10. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Yeah it is very Sun Crusher-esque.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  12. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I see the detail about the mouse droid didn't fly under any radars. That particular model has only been associated with the empire before. And also, notice the way JJ reacts when it whizzes by, pretending as though he didn't want us to see it. He's having fun with us! he's totally dropping us a hint, and it's not the first time he's done it either. I mean, the X-Wing itself is the same kind of hint.

I like this new "How dare you assume the Millennium Falcon is in the movie" JJ WAY better than the old "No way no how is Khan the bad guy" JJ.

Dra--- and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

They probably would only get a mention as they'd have been long gone.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Droids and the Council perhaps but the people on those planets? Highly doubt that they would take new of the Empire well.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, they'd have seen it as the Republic, but without the manners :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Essential Guide to Warfare, the first few years after ROTS are portrayed as "the reconquest of the Rim" where the Empire hunts down all the nondroid Separatist military forces.

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Everyone's favorite rumor monger implies (or thinks) the Empire is back in some form.
    [​IMG]

Devin Faraci@devincf
    It isn't as if every admiral and moff just decides to lay down for this scrappy rebel force. The Empire ending after JEDI is silly and naive

18. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    Funny that no one seemed to have a problem with it until the ST was announced. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Not true. The galaxy-wide celebrations immediately after the Battle of Endor have long been viewed as as a fairy tale ending and there have been many discussions about what happened to the admirals and moffs.

20. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I agree. It never bothered me either way, but I was aware of the issue.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Well, if you're a fan of the films only, you just accept that ROTJ is the end out of necessity since you think new films won't be made. It wasn't very realistic, of course, but in fantasy you open your mind and believe.

But now with an ST they have a chance to make it more believable.

Also: for all the consumers of post-ROTJ EU, the Empire never died. So I agree with Devin that it's more believable the Empire keeps going.

And most of the rumors are leading us to Imperials being around in some form. People should prepare themselves for it.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm prepared either way.

Also, moreso than I wonder about the moffs and admirals, I wonder what happened to Sate Pestage, Mas Amedda, and Sly Moore.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    So what would be the "ideal" way for them to defeat the Empire in these new films instead?

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

There was still fighting in Europe after V.E. Day. - while those celebrations in the Special Editions were most likely to signify the "happy ever after" because the story was over, now that it continues those celebrations can viewed in the same way as Victory in Europe Day.

If there are still Imperials they won't be the main threat. They'll be on the run, maybe hold a world or two and be little more than pirates.

Any more than this is a waste of the films potential, to introduce new scenarios and villains.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we need to see a divided galaxy finally being brought together into an undivided whole.

So maybe we learn that the Imperials still control some important star systems and the key challenge is how to finally bring these systems back into the Republic.

Jedi Merkurian and Visitant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.