The Empire is Back

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Phoenix_Berkana, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    (by the way, anyone wants a beer ?)
  2. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    (Do you have a coke, Lordban?)
  3. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I have sushibeer if you want to.
  4. Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA

star 6
    Just thought I´d drop in for a Sushibeer...
  5. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    "Jabba a Bounty Hunter"

And when did I say Jabba was a Bounty Hunter?

I gave a list of Bounty Hunters and their employers. You cannot have one without the other. Bounty Hunters and the need for them has stemmed from the corrupt Republic and not the utopian vision of our Glorious Emperor.

I do not speak in propaganda because I bring proof. You cannot seem to show how much better the Rebellion is over the Empire. The Empire has fixed everything that is wrong with the old Republic and unified all the worlds.
  6. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    "...the utopian vision of our Glorious Emperor"

Utopia (from ancient greek "ou" : non, and "topos" : place = nowhere) : country where an ideal government rules over a happy population ; political or social point of view ignoring reality.

Well, now, where does it tickle, I wonder...

7. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Try using the real definition:

An ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.

Notice the word, MORAL. Something that all supporters of the Rebellion lack.

8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Let's see the word utopia was created by Thomas Moore, who described a country where people were restricted to stay in one place forever, have the same work as their parents, and not be able to change. There were slaves and no democracy, yes maybe Utopia is the right word for the empire.
  9. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    "Bounty Hunters came from the Republic era. Ever hear of Aurra Sing, Jabba and the name Fett?" There is no word of employer and the position of Jabba in the sentence don't indicate no special personalty

And why didn't the utopian Empire prosecut Jabba?

Why didn't all planets follow the Empire out of their free will and why did the Empire need such a big fleet and army when it is such a beautful place to life?
  10. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    --And why didn't the utopian Empire prosecut Jabba?

He is not a priority at this time. First the rebellion, then others.

--Why didn't all planets follow the Empire out of their free will and why did the Empire need such a big fleet and army when it is such a beautful place to life?

The large fleets came from THE CLONE WARS (check technical books on the Victory Class Start Destroyer). Why did the Republic need such a large fleet if it was such a great place to live before the EMPIRE?

The Republic let Nabbo suffer under the attack of the Trade Federation and did absolutely NOTHING. It took two Jedi working illegally with the Chancellor to end the blockade. It seems illegal means are the only things you Rebel sympathizers understand.

11. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    And what happens when the Rebels get to rule the Galaxy ?

They are always on the edge of seeing their government crumble !
    The Caamas incident showed exactly why a strong rule is needed ! You were not able to prevent hundreds of factions from unburying all their dissents and throw your 'Republic of Freedom' into Civil War.

You are CHILDREN, rebels. Freedom is for responsible people, willing to take care of each other. Whey they are too immature to acknowledge this is necessary, they do not deserve the Freedom you so proudly and stupidly gave them.

The Empire fears not recognizing the Galaxy is not ready for freedom, yet. Until then, a strong grip is what is most needed here in the GFFA.
  12. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    "The republic let Naboo suffer". From what I know the senate was locked up with doing nothing by you beloved senator Palpatine. If he hadn't been the senate would have been able to actually do something.
  13. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    One man, one senator stopped the ENTIRE Senate from doing anything? Where is your proof? Only thing I saw was the Chancellor calling for another committee to look into the event.

Is that your best answer for the pitiful display of compassion by your beloved Old Republic?

14. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    And by the way, remember Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's election came AFTER the Naboo crisis.
    And that it has been after his election that the Senate finally ceased being ruled by bureaucrats.

(And to who argues that Palpatine/Sidious are one unique being, I answer 'La-la-la ! I won't listen to spoilers ! I don't want to know until I get proof from the films !!!' ;)
  15. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    And what did Palpatine do for Naboo? From what I know it was queen Amidala and her allies that defeated the trade federation. Of cource Palpatine didn't do anything, he just cares about himself not the poor planets who aren't close to Coruscant.
  16. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    What was Palpatine supposed to do? It seems by the time he was elected and could reach Naboo the incident was already over. Queen Amidala wasn't even aware that Senator Palpatine had been elected as Supreme Chancellor until after it was all over.
  17. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well he didn't work that hard in the senate either. The one who spoke for Naboo was queen Amidala, Palpatine just stood behind and did nothing.
  18. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Have you ever tried to make your voice soundly heard when you are but a person lost among thousands of others who have no real power over the course of actions ?
    Of course Palpatine did not act ! He would not have been heard had he chose to rise, and the Naboo crisis wouldn't have been resolved in a different way.
  19. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    How come that they listened to Amidala, who was a newbie compared to Palpatine.
  20. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The DIDN'T listen to Amidala. They ignored her completely. As a head of state, they gave her a chance to voice her opinion but then did completely the opposite of what she wanted. Senator Palpatine told her EXACTLY what was going to happen. He worked as hard as he could but the SWEET, COMPASSIONATE, LOVING Republic decided to let the Naboo be obliterated.

Had the Glorious Emperor been in charge, he would have sent a fleet of Star Destroyers and wiped out the Trade Federation completely for attacking a loyal world of the Empire.
  21. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    To be more precise, what did attract the Senate's attention was her demanding a vote of no-confidence to Chancellor Valorum.
    Hadn't she done that, the Senate would have let a commission judge, and by the time they would have judged whether the Trade Federation was right or not, its existence would be senseless as the Trade Federation would have been in control for months - if not years.

Also, let me add one fact that made Amidala listened to : she was a newbie, as you said, and people tend to listen to newbies, especially to scorn them.
  22. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    But why didn't the Empire reduced the fleet of the Republic?
    And why did the Empire uses such a lot of money for superweapons to destroy whole worlds?
  23. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    It seems like the empire was that some worlds wouldn't like it. You can't say that the republic destroyed a planet that disliked it.
  24. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    "But why didn't the Empire reduced the fleet of the Republic?"

It's called the Rebellion. Mon Mothma and her terrorist group decided to go on a rampage. Why decomission what you have already paid for?

-And why did the Empire uses such a lot of money for superweapons to destroy whole worlds?
    -You can't say that the republic destroyed a planet that disliked it.

Because the cost of invading Alderaan would be too high in credits and lives. One strike and the threat was ended. Senator Organa knew the possible consequences when he decided to betray the Empire and illegaly supply the Rebellion.

No, the Republic would send Jedi to do their dirty work. It didn't matter that the Republic Law said that the Senate deals with conficts. Instead, Chancellor Valorum uses the the Jedi, who willingly broke the law, and decided to go and interfere with the Naboo Blockade. The Naboo said the blockade was illegal, the Trade Federation said it was not. It is not for the Jedi, Chancellor or anyone else but a Senate court to decide. That is the law. If this isn't a clear abuse of power, by the Chancellor and Jedi, I don't know what is.

25. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    Then why build Imperial Stardestroyers and Super Stardestroyers if you've got enough Victory Stardestroyers...
    Btw: Alderaan was a peacefull planet. The entire population had to be destroyed just because a few ppl had joint the rebellion. Yeah, really heroic... They used it only to get information about the rebel base. This at an extremely high cost...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.