main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire is Back

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Phoenix_Berkana, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    The Imperial Class Star Destroyer was developed late in the Clone Wars. It was a natural progression. It offers better protection against starfighters than the VSD.

The Super Star Destroyer is a command ship. Of course it is going to be large with a navy this complex.

Lets see, the head of state was helping the rebel alliance, his daughter is a rebel, General Rieekan also was a rebel. This means he has the governing body and military support for their traitorous nature. Alderaan had claimed neutrality and non aggression. When they started transmitting stolen plans and tried to smuggle a Jedi back to their home planet, this is an act of aggression. Alderaan thought they could out smart the Glorious Emperor and paid the price for their treachery. They served as a fine example for worlds that betray the Empire.

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Which flea told you the Rebuplic developed the ISD?
    You are right that VSD was build for the Republic, but the the ISD was build, 'casue VSD wasn't large enough.

And you wonder that so many worlds rebel against you, if you blame a plant for the failures of few people.
    Not bad.

3. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The ISD project began in the late Clone Wars. Since designing and building capital ships takes a lot of time, ISD weren't seen before Palpatine became Emperor.
    Also, ISD were indeed needed, since although the VSD was an excellent siege and assault ship, it lacked defensive power and could not harbor enough fighters to defend itself effectively versus hyperspace jump assault by wings of small-size craft.

Also, may I have you notice that it is your Rebellion which gave a sense to developing ultimate weapons ? Had your movement not threatened peace and order in the galaxy, Fear would not have been needed to keep star systems in line (note 'F'ear, not 'f'ear, sometimes whe people are about to slaughter each other an interposition force is needed - see NATO intervention forces in the Balkans).

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So because three persons high up in the Alderaanian society was part of the rebellion the whole planet had to die. Isn't it up to the people of Alderaan to decide if they liked those leaders or not, before they got blasted into tiny pieces of nothing. But as usual the empire never cared to listen or ask for someone else's opinion.

5. Red149

Red149 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    That's what I'm thinking as well. The fate of an entire peoples just because 2 or 3 guys screwed up. When that makes sense, or when it shows how GLORIOUS and BETTER the Empire was than the alliance, wake me up, I'll be snoozin'

6. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    You don't understand military theory but that's okay, your friendly Imperial training officer will instruct you.

With the support of the military, Alderaan would have violently defended itself when the Emperor would have justly declared it an enemy state and forfeit of all its rights and power. Senator Organa would have organized a guerilla movement of the people to murder Imperial troops upholding the law.

The entire planet became a legal military target as soon as it became a haven for rebel traitors and spies.

7. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Normaly you try to hold the collateral damage as minimal as you can.
    I know enough about military theory!
    Try Sun Tzu's "Art of War", it may help.

8. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Perhaps you should read Art of War more:

--
    The principle of surprise

Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots. [11:19]

--

Alderaan's destruction was quick, efficient, and an overwhelming display of force, a perfect use for the Glorious Emperor's new weapon against terrorism.

TR-095

Loyalty Never Dies

9. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    I am impressed, not to say very impressed!

I see the effincy in the action, but in the long term it would provoke more rebellion, 'cause many races reaction on fear is fight.

10. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    What are they struggling for ?
    The right to struggle.
    That's childish.

11. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    They fight for the right to life the way they want and don't want to get said what is wrong and what is right by a single person.

12. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    'Life the way they want' will eventually turn into actual civil war. Yes, one man may rule billions of others - when Senator Palpatine became Emperor, almost everybody agreed because he promised he would make cease the endless conflicts that tore the Galaxy apart.
    Sometimes one has to deliberately end some lives to avoid facing much greater numbers of deaths - that's also military strategy, and that's the very way that was chosen to end WW2.

13. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Some lives? Duh!

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Back to Alderaan. From what I know there were many Alderaanians who supported the empire. So even if the destruction of Alderaan saved some stormtroopers there were probably even more loyal subjects to the Empire who died.

15. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    When the interest of thousands billions is at stake, you may have to slay billions.

16. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    The suffering of the people are a direct result of the leadership.

The surviving families of the those so-called "loyal" Imperial Alderaanians should have helped eliminate Princess Leia and General Rieekan. They were responsible for bringing Alderaan in the war.

17. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Rigth, billions suffered under Palpatin and his leadership.

18. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    And a great many more billions were just happy with this. They had very little fear for their well-being, no concern for any war threat that could loom over their heads and were given opportunities to rise in a stable, prosperous society.

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But how many on Alderaan knew about the Organa family's connection to the rebellion. They didn't exactly act on behalf of Alderaan, they did it as citizens in the galaxy.

20. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    But they took the action from Alderaan and as representing officials from Alderaan they should have been aware of their reposnsibility for its protection and not taken actions that placed it in the Empire's crosshairs.

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    'They did it as citizens in the galaxy' you said Obi Anne, where they did it as outlaws volontarily standing against a legal government.
    Also, they were actively supported a rebel movement, giving it political backup as best as they can - see Corellian Treaty - and Alderaan, although it harbored not many fighters, was one of the key supply sources for the Alliance in the Core.
    When you don't want to be shot, you don't act so as to become a primary political and military target.

22. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    And why did so much people celebrate the death of the Palpatine, if they liked his ruling?

23. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    As I recall I only saw three places celebrating Emperor Palpatine's death, Tatooine, Bespin, and Coruscant. Two of which are known havens for scum that would celebrate the dowbnfall of any galactic governemtn, even your New Republic.

Coruscant is a world of over a trillion people, of which I only saw a miniscule portion celebrating outside the Imperial Palace, which is where people go to demonstrate under such circumstances even when their cause is not universally agreed upon.

I think it demonstrates the civilian rights under the Empire's rule that civilians demostrating violently outside of the Imperial Palace, they were destroying public property, were not shot on site...

24. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    "And why did so much people celebrate the death of the Palpatine, if they liked his ruling?"

This was only added in Special Edition. I suppose you like Greedo shooting first as well.

25. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    I'd rather see Chewie kickin'Geedo's bud :) But hé, I'd also like a Porche, $1.000.000, a Villa and an UBB Fanforce forum... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.