main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire is Back

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Phoenix_Berkana, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    But the empire who's so big and strong shouldn't have needed to kill innocent people if they were so superior to the rebels. I admit that we did some mistakes, but the empire did a lot more.

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Now you're boasting that you have the right to kill innocent people while we haven't ?
    That you have the right to spread chaos without any restriction ?
    Hey, you're saying YOU have right to take hostages because we should not kill them. That IS plain evil and would please most Sith : you're hiding yourself behind the tenets of an ideology you don't even try to follow.
    My dear Obi Anne, the Empire never claimed that it was that much superior to you Rebs. We have just tried to protect peace and order against the threat you represent, abiding to an old rule every government and even your Rebel alliance obeys to : 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few'.

3. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I guess the rebs' have lost this one.
    (watches as the thread sinks back to the depths of the FanForce Community board)

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    We haven't lost yet!!!!

You say that we also think that the needs of many is more important than the needs of the few. But at least we let all of the people decide their own good, it's impossible to make everyone happy. But you just had your emperor and governors who decided what was best for everyone.

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    "But at least we let all of the people decide their own good"

Lie.

A lot of people like the Empire and do not wish to return to the corrupt ways of the Old Republic.

Your "freedom" is not free.

6. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    You let all the people decide their own good ?
    I hope you're joking Obi Anne. You can't be serious when typing this ! May I remind you that your High Command decided it was best for millions of people aboard the two Death Stars to die ? Do you really think their wish was to die ?

Nay, you blew the two fortresses up and said no prayers for them, you rejoiced and quickly forgot the bloodshed your leaders had commissionned.
    You will doubtlessly want to reply 'That was needed for the Good of the Galaxy' or something in this tone - but this would be open contradiction with your own assertions.

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I didn't mean that everyone like the way we rule the galaxy. I meant that the planets in the galaxy has agreed to have parlamentary democracy, which means that every person has the right to say what he wants. Then they have the ability to vote and what most people want they get. Everyone can't be satisfied even if it's a majority, but at least we trust people to make their own decisions. We haven't got governors with direct control over their territories.

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I still do not see how this freedom applied to those on board the Death Stars.

Besides, you have already vetoed the will of majorities - remember that the Corellians no longer wanted your rule and that a fleet was gathered and sent there under your commission. All this out of fear your so highly praised democracy would collapse.

You decided not to let the Corellian System get out of the New Republic when the hostilities ended and the Centerpoint problem was resolved. You reneged an article of your own Constitution then which says any star system willing to leave the New Republic is free to do so.

9. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    About the death stars: these ppl are soldiers, so getting killed is a known risk to these ppl... As for those ppl wanting to be in the Empire: Your Empire was re-errected a some years later...

As for the Corrilians: I do not know about this, all I know is that no gouverment is perfect... allthough the Empire says it is...

If the Empire was so 'Greath' there didn't need to be a Rebellion, but instead of listening to them you tried to destroy them!!! A least the New Rep. didn't destroy correlia :p

10. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Glad to know the workers building the Death Star II were soldiers

Glad to know the janitors were soldiers.

Glad to know the prisoners you killed in the first Death Star were soldiers.

(What you think Leia had the cell block to herself?)

All governments have their traitors. All they wish to do is enforce a way of government by force rather than politics. The Empire was not formed by violence. The Senate still existed into ANH and was only disbanded after the treachery of the Alderaanians.

The Rebellion is ruled by what? 7 People? Nice representation there.

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Those people working on the DS knew that it was a military project, and working on them involves risks. And you haven't got any proof that there were other prisoners in the cell block, the DS was new they probably hadn't had time to fill the cells yet. And if you are speaking about the first DS, then it was already finished so there weren't any ordinary workers there, just imperial personell.

12. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    So you really believe there was absolutely no craft flying around Alderaan, one of the most populated worlds in the GFFA, by the time the DS struck ?
    As one can notice, orders were to capture any ship flying in the area while the DS was still there, so there is about a 0% chance there were no other prisoners.
    And btw when Chewbacca was brought in his block as a prisoner if he had been the second prisoner the officer would have asked whether the "stormtroopers" bringing him in were sure the only two prisoners on board were to be in the same block when there are hundreds...

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Why should he have been so surprised that there was a prisoner, if it wasn't for the fact that the only prisoner aboard already was in her cell.

14. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    He is surprised, not SURPRISED, there's a difference. He is surprised because he has received no orders from the command telling him to ready a cell for the new prisoner. That is the reason of his being surprised.
    On the other end, he is not SURPRISED as he would have been if entrusted the charge of looking after ALL of the prisoners on board DS1. He would have been eager to have Solo and Skywalker take the wookie to a cell, and would have asked questions only then.

15. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    There's a good reson to believe there weren't any other prisoners. Why didn't solo tried to open other prison cells! If there where other prisoners and letting them out would create just the choas you need to get out of the DS. BTW: since the empire would have caught ppl who are against the empire, they would be a fine asset to the rebellion. :D :p

16. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Because they would be responsible for everyone they released.

There were more prisoners because the Imperial Officer wasn't suprised when they talked about a prisoner transfer.

Face it, the Rebellion is guilty of the same crimes you lay on the Glorious Empire.

So average joe janitor trying to make some credits for him and his family is responsible for his own death by the rebellion. Nice compassion there.

Keep giving excuses, you only prove the Empire was right.

17. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    That is correct. The Emperor is not dead, but planning his glorious and inevitable return to seat himself upon the galaxy. Even as we speak dark forces of the Empire are gathering and I, as their Grand Admiral, shall lead them to victory like Thrawn before me.

Glory. Conformity. Peace. The Empire!

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    If the janitor on the DS was innocent so was the poor farmers on Tatooine that you shot down. After all they had just bought two droids for the last of their credit so that they would be able to make sure they got some harvest.

19. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    And once again we're facing what happens when the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Since the droids weren't there any longer it was a clever plan to attack and kill the Lars : if he hadn't met Ben, Luke would have eventually had to join some other settlement and complain to the authorities - ie the Empire. It would have been simple to claim the droids then.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So you mean that the empire would just havve claimed the droids and then let Luke go back to being a farmer. You can't fool me and say that the empire wouldn't have killed him too. The needs of the many, hmm, I wonder what the majority on Alderaan thinks about that.

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I _never_ said so. Since he had seen part of the message of Princess Leia, and since R2 had somehow enlisted him to find Obi-Wan, he was directly involved and thus could not be allowed to survive.

I also have to remind you it has been demonstrated that even though it was well undercover, Alderaan was a military target as a main supply source for a rebel organisation seeking to sow galaxywide dissension and unrest. As guardians of order, the Imperial leaders were in their full right to sacrifice a few billion people if this could ensure the lives of hundred thousand times more would not risk being torn apart in any ensuing civil war.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    You have yet to proove that more than two persons on Alderaan was involved in the rebellion.

23. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    The whole organa family was, bail went under ground to form the alliance with mon mothma while leia took over for him in the senate to cover their actions. Besides that, the antillies family was also working for the alliance at the same time. And lets not go into the hundreds of other citizens of old alderaan that were in the rebellion.

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    There were also a lot of people from Coruscant, Corellia, Tantooine, Bothawui and so on, and you didn't destroy those planets.

25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Do you really think we'd be so stupid as to send the DS into a maddened rampge resulting in a slight of any worlds where Rebels are cowering ?
    DS is a weapon meant to cause your Rebellion to end, not to cause countless movements of chaos and disorder to spread galaxywide. We are seekers of Order, and in fact, even if you did not destroy worlds, it is you who are the destroyers in this war. Had you never rebelled, the hundreds of billions deaths caused by the Civil War would have never occured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.