main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible that he just knew the face of the trooper that Sabine replaced.

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Sure! Still, I got the feeling that he looked suspicious of her even before lifting her faceplate...

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Sabine knew the man was smart. Palpatine doesn’t trust idiots.

4. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Episode guide said Hydan couldn't be Vanee because of story needs (I assume because they felt they needed to kill off Hydan). Wonder why they felt they needed to kill the character? The temple was destroyed, its not like he knew anything important. Between the Grand Inquisitor, LT-319 (aka evil Imperial NSA Pablo), and Hydan, Rebels makes really cool villains and prevents future post-Rebel era stories with them by killing them.

MrDarth0 and Vialco like this.
  5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Hydan was a good character, shame to see him go - would have been the perfect time to use a ROTJ dignitary in Rebels. I like his name, but he could have easily been Sim Aloo.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Because Disney wants to send a very clear message that evil never prospers. The only villains they don't kill are the ones that are protected by canon. I'm certain Pryce will die by the end of the series. Thrawn's only safe because they want to make more money off the character through books and comics.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems Hydan was not as adept as Sabine which ruined some of the story for me. Death Troopers are as weak minded and as incompetent as regular Stormtroopers which begs the question why even create them?! Seems they use a voice modulator similar to the one Kylo would later use in his helmet.

Snafu55 likes this.
  8. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    yeah, was also disappointed that the mind trick worked on the death trooper

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I thought it weird that Palpatine would entrust something as important as a time-travel Force portal to someone like Hydan instead of, you know, going there and studying it personally.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Palpatine could likely observe his actions whether by way of the Force, via troopers, droids or other surveillance means. I think many aspects of governance and research were devolved to Imperial Dignitaries.

11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    This! I wanted to see that too. In a way just like the film, where we see a Meritocracy within the Empire in ESB etc and even officers on board the Death Star question its utility in ANH.

I would like to see many more "good" elements of the Empire.

whostheBossk likes this.