main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's something in Russia.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say after ANH or Vader would have used it in ANH. Could be wrong of course.

Iron_lord and jabberwalkie like this.
  3. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    It was under construction during The Force Unleashed game, and looked about 1/3 complete. TFU takes place 3 years before ANH. Do with that what you will.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TFU isn't part of the "Rebelsverse" though.

Force Smuggler and jabberwalkie like this.
  5. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Especially if he does something stupid.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What I_L said and that was the DS not Executor.

7. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

I know it's not canon anymore, but it still helps maybe put things into perspective for when it was built. And yes, It was the Executor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I want Shadow Troopers.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Some of those stormtroopers which use super speed might be interesting to see in an effort to go after Jedi like Kanan and Ezra.

Seeing the various types of different kinds of Star Destroyers other than those used in the films would be nice too.

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Some Dark Trooper droids from TFU would be cool even if they were annoying to fight in the game:p

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It would be cool if they introduced 3 or 4 special stormtroopers, stromys that out rank all the other troopers, but answer to the imperial officers. It be cool to see the evil but smart version of Rex, 5s and Fox.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fives is dead.

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But Echo lives! (or, at least, would've...for the Bad Batch ep/arc at any rate)

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He lives every arc except maybe the bounty hunter arc is Canon still Wookipidia is just to stuck up there *** to tell you.

15. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I adore the imperials officers especially, and I've always wanted to see more of them. I feel like Needa would be a interesting character to explore - he has the potential to be portrayed as an old-fashioned, honorable, aristocratic officer who is no longer appropriate or appreciated in this new, more brutal empire.

I may be in the minority, but I would love to see some day to day goings-on in the Star Destroyers, and other military duties (I'm thinking along the lines of 1968 "Charge of the Light Brigade).

16. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Grand Moffs Council just to get an idea of what the hierarchy of the Empire is now. Now that the old EU is no longer canon, it would be nice to see what the new fate of Captain Panaka is going to be now that he does not become a member of the Empire. Perhaps he will be an agent of the Rebellion this time instead, especially if Naboo gets drawn into the conflict somehow as well.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here. I want to see how he has or hasn't changed since TCW and I want to see an ISB officer.
    I liked Imperial Panaka. The Republic became the Empire, not the Rebellion and the Empire is ruled by someone from Naboo.

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would like to see some core worlds for once, excluding Coruscant, that have a strong Imperial presence. Planets that are actually content under the Empire.

Tatooine; Hoth; Endor; Lothal; Geonosis; Bespin; Kamino; Naboo (was put in the Mid Rim in EU maps, but described as being in the Outer Rim in Tarkin); Utapau; Felucia; Seleucami; Mygeeto... All Outer Rim. I get that the Separatists arose in the Outer Rim, and that the Rebels sprung up in the Outer Rim, but I'd actually like to see the heroes infiltrate the inner regions of the Empire. The Tarkin novel describes the core worlds as prospering under the Empire, with the population content that the war is over and pretty much turning a blind eye to the Outer Rim territories, I'm guessing due to blaming them for The Clone Wars. The Emperor's atrocities and exploitation all seem to be focused in the Outer Rim, at least until Alderaan is destroyed.

Any time we go to Coruscant, it's usually the political arena or the criminal underbelly. I'd just like to see Rebels at some point depict the Ghost as heading coreward, visiting a planet there, and showing what Luceno described. Perhaps depicting a population that doesn't care about the Outer Rim, and if anything is fearful of the Lothal rebels, because they don't want events to spin into another war. I know in academic discussions of WWII there's the whole idea of how much did Germans really know about what was happening to the Jews, with a lot of Germans maintaining they had no idea, while others argue they had to have known or suspected, but couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it due to fear.

I'd just like to see that in the Core. People that either don't know of the injustices in the Outer Rim and think that any kind of rebellion is just the Separatist crisis all over again. Or people that might know what's going on, but just keep their head in the sand because they don't think it affects them and so mind their own business.

I'd also like to get an idea of what exactly the Senate does. I don't exactly need to see it with drawn out political sessions, but even just an explanation from Bail. In Tarkin, there's a poorly explained comment from Palpatine where he says that the Senate supports him now that its purpose is to serve instead of advise. Then he makes a stray comment about how it's better to surround himself with new friends than the same old treacherous ones. I don't know if that means that he's dismissing and appointing senators rather than planets electing senators, etc.

I think I read somewhere about Julius Caesar expanding the number of seats in the Roman Senate and staffing it with his allies, which basically gave him enough people under his influence to support anything he wanted to do. They could explain something like that. With Gall Trayvis being a ploy, I would think the Rebels would be more on guard when they get approached by Bail Organa. So even just have him describe what the Senate does, whether they're accepting bribes, or if Palpatine dismisses senators that vote against him, or what. Because for all of their description as being powerless, they still did ban the use of ion cannons.

Jedi Knight Fett and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wouldnt the Empire stamp out the criminal underbelly, how legal is Bounty Hunting under the Empire in the new canon. I remember reading they were outlawed. Can't really imagine Sidious liking civilians owning firearms or forming organizations, especially armed ones especially on his capital.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Bounty hunters and the criminal underbelly have often been a powerful ally of the Empire and Sidious. Dooku hired Jamgo Fett, Sidious hired Cad Bane, Vader hired bounty hunters to catch the Millenium Falcon, Palpatine hung out with Xizor in Shadows of the Empire, and Jabba kept Han captive.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Vader deals with some criminals in Tarkin iirc, that operate on Coruscant. That takes place in the early days of the Empire. In Darth Vader, that takes place after ANH, the Empire is negotiating with the Hutts for materials, and while Palpatine says he will ultimately annex the Outer Rim, that for the time being they are turning to the Hutts for materials following the destruction of the Death Star and the instability that followed. Bounty hunting is seemingly legal. Vader hired bounty hunters in ESB, and in Darth Vader, he hires Boba Fett to hunt down Luke.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

One word for you "Yularen"

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Dude really??

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Order 66 arc of TCW.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Well I mean officially, the Empire and Sith are two different things though, one is official the other is clandestine and unofficial with a hidden agenda that doesn't always align with the Imperial bureaucracy and politics as it supersedes it. Vader uses Bounty Hunters much to the chagrin of the Imperial Military in ESB. Working with criminal organizations and dealing under the table to overthrow a political governments or destroy a rival doesn't necessarily mean that they support criminality or a particular criminal organization.