main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthCow, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCow

DarthCow Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    If the Emporer and Darth Vader were still alive, and the Empire was still the supreme might in the galaxy would the Yuuzhan Vong have posed such a threat? and would they have gotten as far as they have in their Conquest of the galaxy?

2. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    There were a few threads in the past that covered this question. I personally think the Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't stand a chance against the Imperial Navy. Not to mention all the resources Palpatine had in his sleeve. Of course there's always that Death Star he built that would have taken care of Vong worldships in a jiffy.

I believe the Yuuzhan Vong were waiting for the right time to strike the GFFA. After the civil war had ended, the NR downsized its fleet. The attack was totally unsuspected and it was the NR's fault for not realizing its threat.

Too bad Palpatine still wasn't around :(

3. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    I think the way it is now is better then if old Palpi was still around, IMO.

4. Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    they would never have lasted. It would have been one huge united enemy, Instead of a how wack of enemies worried about then selves.

5. Rendar_141

Rendar_141 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    I dont know I mean the might Empire was brought down by a small band of Rebels remember. And the Rebels didnt have half the fleet and resources as they do now. So its hard to say.

6. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    IF the Empire was still goin gwhen the VOng attacked, their invasion whould have been taken car of swiftly. There would still ahve been initial loses and great casualties, but with the Emperors control of the Tropps (much like the yammosk's) the empire would have won. Plus, the Empire has no religion and intercast fighting to bring it down. Yes, it had its problems, but nithing that could bring it diwn swiflt from within while the war is going on. The Empire would probably also come up with some new technology and use it against the Vong, maybe even incorparate their own tech (who diesn't want an organism that can suck things down in to a singularity?)

as for the small rebel group that took them down....the Vong don't know as much about htis galaxy as they did, so it would be harder for the, plus i doubt any are the sone of Vader..... It woud be interesting if the rebels teamed up with the VOng to take down the Empire (like the Peace Brigade in NJO)......

7. DarthCow

DarthCow Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    Im gonna agree with Fetts clone, I think the Empire would've Owned the Yuuzhan Vong, I mean I could be wrong and probably am but has there been a single Star Destroyer lost to them? (them being the Vong)

8. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    The Yuuzhan Vong try to bring down a moon on one of the empires planets and the Death Star or Eclipse destroys the moon with the superlaser screwing it all up, after that the DS brings down a moon or astroid on a Worldship with its tractor beam.

And the fact that Emperor Palpatine would use the refuge ships as shields in battle and would force them to fight the vong ships,the empire would have no qualms about destroying refuge fleets to destroy vong,probably put by putting 10 thermal detonators on one and letting it get captured and blowing up a worldship.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Rebellion did NOT bring down the Empire.

Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker did. The Rebels were losing at Endor, and they could not topple the Empire. Things were bad for them.

The Empire is impervious to large attacks. The Yuuzhan Vong would not use Rebel tactics, they would fight with large fleets. And they would be wiped out.

You have the power of the Emperor and Lord Vader, along with Death Stars, and the Imperial Fleet. You have the sheer intelligence of twelve Grand Admirals, numerous Moffs and an entire Imperial culture. The Rebels never faced the Empire's best. Even the fleet at Endor was a single Sector Fleet led by one of many admirals.

When Imperial might returned, with Isard, Thrawn, and His Imperial Majesty, the Rebels lost.

Isard made the mistake of losing Coruscant, without that, the Rebels would've never gained too much support.

Thrawn and the Emperor showed how the Empire, weakened and only in a fraction of its power, could drive back the Rebellion.

The Yuuzhan Vong would've failed. Utterly.

Remember the EC? Nom Anor convinced Jax to sabotage Palpatine. Nom Anor helped bring down the Empire. They knew of its threats.

Don't start on the Vong warriors, either. Royal Guards have outfought Jedi, and have never fallen in combat. They could handle most Vong warriors, and the Emperor... well, he'd finish them all.

Sith magic could infect the Vong organics, and utterly kill them.

The NR is a proven failure. It is no diffent then the Galactic Republic of old. The Emperor's New Order fixed all those problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.