main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire's darksiders.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    He had his inquistors.

He had his hands.

He had his dark jedi.

He had his force adepts.

He had his royal guard.

He had his darktroopers

He had his prophets of the darkside.

He had his sorcerer of tund.

Did you know he had his sith knights as well?

Remember this had to be passed by LFL editors before they'd even allow this be printed:

"Galactic Empire
    Headed by Emperor Palpatine, the Galactic Empire represents the oppressive remnants of the Old Republic. The Galactic Empire has superior mechanized armies, including the mighty AT-ATs. It also commands legions of ruthless stormtroopers, the faceless enforcers of the Emperor. The Empire even plays host to a contingent of Sith Knights, skilled in the dark side of the Force, who are capable of bending any would-be insurgents to the Empire's cruel will, from the Galactic Battlegrounds official site."

So we find out the empire had it's sith knights as well. Palpatine really struck out to bend/break the rule of two if you will, didn't he.

As astute people may remember gorc and pic from rahn's speech in JK, we find out that they were brothers of the sith. Does this mean that they were lesser sith adepts or sith knights under jerec's command?

or could jerec with all his background and ability to speak and read sith, get endoctrinated as a sith knight himself? One in charge of a few sith and mostly dark jedi?

Remember this wouldn't be the first time sith rules were broken. Even vader was breaking the rule by having his own sith apprentice.

Some believe that Stele with his ties to the prophets may be a sith adept secretly. If one goes by the rules of the DSSB abbreviation rules.(Or that could just be a mispelling of SFA for starfighter ace, but that's up to future lfl writer's to decide.)

We know that some prophets of the darkside were working with sith magic if anyone accepts vader vs. maul story as there personal continuity.

We also know that prophets main base is in a sith temple from the rebellion era sourcebook.

We also know that roker gepta was part of a sith cult, known as the tund from the essential chronology.

Who knows how far palpatine or vader broke the archaic rule of two which bane set up a millenia before.

Though I believe this contingent of sith knights was quite secret.

Any thoughts.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Watch the TPM DVD, GL refers to the Sith Knights as well.

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    woah, which part of the dvd?

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm not sure if Gepta was working with him or not. The Essential Chronology does speculate on whether or not Gepta was working for Palpatine. However, considering the fact that he brings in Imperial forces to blockade the Thon Boka, it makes sense to say that he must have been.

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Umm...I don't remember, one of the documentaries or interviews on the second disk, it's showing a scene of Maul. Possible in either the "fight sequence" or the "story" featurette

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, according to the EC, gepta had a amicable friendship with palpatine, and palpatine gave him a imperial frigate, and imperial crew, and freewill in the centrality to do what ever he wished.

Thanks mastadge, I really want to check it out.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Good point. But another point would be that he gave Gepta all this to get him out of his hair. Gepta seemed more likely someone Palpatine could have dealt with fairly easily, and would have found annoying. So he gives him some toys, an area of the galaxy to deal with, and then says "Here you go my friend. This is yours to do with as you please. Bring justice to this part of the galaxy and then I'll see if I have any positions open."

However, the last part of my earlier post backs up your statements. He had more than a single Imperial frigate when he blockaded the Thon Baka.

8. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Strictly speaking, the personell aboard Gepta's ship Wennis were not Imperial officers; everything and everyone the Tund sorceror directly commanded were officially decommisioned.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Gepta could command imperial naval units, and call tie bomber airstrikes on recalcitrant worlds" EC page 39.

Only the wennis was decommisioned. Everything else was imperial navy.

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Hold on here...

He had his inquistors....

The Emperor's Inquisition was not strictly an organization of Force Users. Cracken's Guide to <something> Lists a High Inquisitors whose simply a complete psychotic with a pain fetish and looks like Xim the Merciless in dress.

Inquisitors were mostly torturers I think with Grand Inquisitor Torbin (due to the incompetant behavior he's ascribed with) simply an Imperial scumbag with a bloodthirsty streak.

Viaclo, Tremayne, Brandl, his son Jaaib after Viaclo was dead are the only confirmed true force users of it.

He had his hands.

Admittadly thus far we saw that the Hands all seem to be force sensetive but this may not be always the case. Before Maarek Steele was revealed to be a Sith acolyte the common assumption was he was a normal pilot who just had fanatical devotion.

He had his dark jedi.

About 14 total from what we can sum up. Jerec and Crew and Sedriss and his disciples.

He had his force adepts.

the Dark side sorceres indeed but possibly they only numbered 2 (the ones we see) with Rogurt Gepta and the Prophets and Brandl summing up the rest.

He had his royal guard.

Only the Soverign Protectors which might as been as few as 4 for all we saw.

He had his darktroopers

Empowered by the Dark Side doesn't necessarily mean capable with it. The Dark Troopers I don't think were any more adept with the Dark Side than the Shadow Droids or Sentiels.

He had his prophets of the darkside.

The Secret Order of the Emperor mostly seemed just to do elaborate tatooing with force lightning rather than actual empowerment...that probably was a feat only the Emperor could do and at higher levels.

He had his sorcerer of tund.

yep the Crok

The Sith Knights I think are a way of summing up all of the above however, Palpatine's creation of a false Jedi order with him as it's Dark master

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    No, I'm just stating how the darkside sourcebook considers the inquistorias a darkside prestige class, not that all of them were force users.

same with other classes.

I highly recomend the DSSB if you don't already have it. It goes into alot of the info about the abilities of various darkside factions and what are considered darkside prestige classes.

As well, we find out in most sources that only sith can be called sith. That's why there are other names for other factions. I.E. Sith can be dark jedi. But conversely not all dark jedi are sith.

So sith knights have to be new.

12. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    You do know that the Sith Knights and all this other stuff in games ISN'T...dum dum dum dummmm.....CANON?

::ducks::

Sith Knights were approved so that the game would be more fun to play.

"Only two there are, a master and an apprentice...not tons of them that ruin the signifigance of Vader and Palpatine"

:)

13. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    In Dark Empire, it says that Palpatine's Dark Jedi and Dark Side adepts had limited training. He did not teach them the knowledge and skills that he taught Vader, but taught them enough to wield the Dark Side.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "In addition, LucasArts works closely with Lucas Licensing Ltd. to insure that all projects maintain the integrity and continuity of the Star Wars universe."-lucasarts official website.

Actually lucasfilm policy is everythng is part of continuinty from the games, to the rpgs, to the novels, to the kids books ect. Everything except infinities. Video games go through the same editorial staff, that everything else does. Including one step further, It turns out that because lucasarts is a first party, Lucasfilm company that he get's involved more than he does for 3rd party lfl companies, in giving permission on what can and can't be used(see TPM DVD making of starfighter video).

"LucasArts was founded in 1982 by filmmaker George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multi-faceted entertainment company. Although Mr. Lucas is not involved with LucasArts' business on a daily basis, he is involved with reviewing all of the LucasArts game concepts and his creative energy drives much of what we do."-Official lucasarts website.

In many ways 1st party companies are more valid than the 3rd part companies in that lucas does get more directly involved with the making of the games in some small way. Considering that lucasarts is located on the ranch with the rest of LFL's first party companies.

I hope this enlightens you more on lfl's policy one that expands to full gamit of multimedia.

"Only two there are, a master and an apprentice...not tons of them that ruin the signifigance of Vader and Palpatine"

In the TPM times, but not in the OT times. When palpatine took over and made himself known as the emperor of all. He changed the policies. Even vader broke the policies by declaring Lumiya Dark Lady of the sith before the emperor was defeated. She was a secret apprentice vader had intended to use to help defeat palpatine from the seat of power.

Palpatine's megolmania grew to the point that he didn't mind controlling all degrees of darksiders(force induced or otherwise, or just mean people in his prestige classes.)

Sith knights wouldn't be as knowledgeable and as powerful as vader, lumiya and palpatine. For they are dark lords of the sith. more than mere sith knights.

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    WEll,we don't know if the Sith Knights arew actually in the story or if they're only for use in MP games.

Also,Sith Knights may be another name for Dark Jedi Knights who work for the Sith Lords Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. [face_devil]

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "As well, we find out in most sources that only sith can be called sith. That's why there are other names for other factions. I.E. Sith can be dark jedi. But conversely not all dark jedi are sith."

The thing is that blurb was a story blurb. It isn't a game but typed material. It's as valid as any other written material in manuals or rpg sources.

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    We'll see Val.

I'd like to know what happened to the Sith Knights.

It's describing a civ in the game.

If we aren't allowed to build Sith Knights in the campaign then...

And if we are,I'm sure we'll get an explanation.

Mara Jade says that Vader and Paloatine atre the last of the Sith.

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Mara is quite correct...

They are the last of the Sith.

However there are others who will be new Sith.

The Sith can never be destroyed entirely.

10,000 years from now some magician will call himself the Baali highmaster

or whatnot but it'll be the same old group of evil.

The Sith will live as long as evil does

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    A contigent is around 10 to 12 soldiers, going by from what I could get out of webster and encarta.

And mara could be wrong, she didn't even know about lumiya. These units would have to be ultra secret.

She didn't even believe the emperor was real, when he returned. But the emperor was and had plans for her as well. Plans of revenge.

Now if mara was right it was premission briefing of the first mission. This contingent of sith knights could have been created and instated sometime after that mission.

20. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Hmm. I'll wait and see the game, and whether or not there's atually any Sith Knights in it before I have an opinion.

Let's not forget that LucasArts can fudge words for marketing purposes. One example was "You can fly the Millennium Falcon!" for Rebel Assault II, when all it was was another YT-1300 Corellian freighter.

There will be Sith Knights in Knights of the Old Republic, I know that.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I did play the game sith knights are in the gameplay that much is for sure. They come out of sith temples.

What happened to you trying to fit anything and everything in no matter what the source, ;), and no matter what people say after the fact.

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
  23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Considering that the TPM dvd and a quote that was on Lucasarts site. We find out that lucas plays the games, goes over the scripts, and makes sure that the games fit into the continuity and his personal vision of the films. and done in the way he enjoys it.

If lucas allowed sith knights to created and put into the game, they didn't mess with his personal vision at all, they fit into his version of universe.

24. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    So these Sith Knights are in the game and it's not just a marketing blurb or misinformd quote? Okay, I stand corrected.

Edit - This is in Galactic Battlegrounds you say? Nothing should be fixed or ignored. It seems to be in the same semi-continuity status as Rebellion and Rebel Assault.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually more in line with force commander. The story telling feature of it is quite detailed and ties into EU stories. 6 story driven campaigns.

As for rebel assualt. RA 2 refers back to it in a few lines. As well there have been a few articles to fit it back into continuity. Including the AJ saying it is a sequel to the story in the first game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.