main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Empire's future: the First Order, or the Fel Dynasty & Imperial Knights?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I would have written Gunn Yage as Cade's twin and have HER kill Krayt.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wanted to see her Gun Yage's reaction to being related to Cade.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Weren't they part of Nat's line?

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I found Cade completely and utterly unsympathetic except for when people tried to say it was his destiny/responsibility while other members of the Skywalker line kept popping up.

Voltron64 and Vialco like this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It's the will of the force, in some ways the Skywalker clan is a slave to the force itself.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nat didn't have biological children, only stepchildren and the adopted Cathar cyborg boy. Gunn Yage is Cade's half-sister, but not a Skywalker, the daughter of Nyna/Morrigan and Rolf Yage.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Good discussion, and with TLJ hype picking up, a good time to debate this again! I kind of wish I included a poll...

8. I want to see the Imperial Knights in the new canon

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    It really depends on the context. I don't want FO Knights, that's for sure. If they were done right I'd be beyond pleased.

10. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Seriously.

The Imperial Knights should disband and join the Jedi.

If the Fel Empire wants to "reform" in people's eyes, and the IK doesn't want to be viewed as Kempeitai equivalents, the IK has to go.

If you (people in general) think the IK concept is great! then why not FO Knights? (Knights of Ren is actually FO Knights).

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The people of the Empublic have always had sword wielding heroes to look up to. I doubt Imperials would be pleased if their Knights packed up and joined the crazy wizards.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Without the Imperial Knights the Empire is quite vulnerable to seizure by darksiders. Say what you will for the concept of lightsiders serving the Empire, but the Imperial Hand and Imperial Knights prevented Darksiders from taking control until a whole Sith Order appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The Knights are the moral compass of the Empire. Without them, Coruscant would be a steaming wasteland.

Voltron64 and Vialco like this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Fel Dynasty and the Imperial Knights rock. I'll take them over the FO anyday

kalzeth and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Thought this would be good to bring back now.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The IKs are the first force order in legends to be less interested in the philosophical and more in the martial and political though a philosophy still guides their actions.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    This is a rare moment where we are in complete agreement.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Roan Fel succumbed to darkness in the darkest days of the second imperial civil war-we should pity him, not revile him. An emperor who lost his way at the end of his life thanks to the immense crisis, and sith manipulation.

Voltron64 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We don't know if the Knights of Ren are still around but the Force Awakens novelization does go into the fact that Kylo was a mix of light and dark.

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I think not. After all, Gar Stazi didn't succumb to despair. Neither did K'Krukh, or even Rulf Yage. That's like saying Anakin deserved pity for joining the Dark Side after going days without sleep and having nightmares about his wife dying.

Voltron64 likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It was a bit of a different situation-Krayt was going to win and Fel took the temptation to do something terrible to prevent that.

He's a tragic character-who in another life may have been the best emperor and ruler for the Galaxy.

Voltron64 likes this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Fel was obviously a bad and incompetent ruler in just about every single decision he made. He's not Morlish Veed but all of his decisions end up backfiring that can we really name a single good one?

* He let his Empire ally with the Sith.
    * he didn't root out the Grand Moffs despite them all being treacherous
    * He didn't go after Krayt from the beginning despite being of the Blood of Skywalker.
    * Abandoning his heir despite the fact this would destroy the Empire's moral and the future of his lineage.
    * Executing all of the prisoners in revenge, believing the Sith would respect that or be intimidated--when it's Tuesday for them.
    * Recruiting Maladi.
    * Attempting genocide.

Basically, Roan Fel thinks he's in 24 when he's in STAR WARS and being the bad guy doesn't make you a pragamtic or effective hero

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Voltron64, kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    No, he wasn't. Krayt is dead by the time that Fel tries to launch Omega Red. He even feels Krayt's death in the Force. It doesn't stop him from trying to kill everyone on Coruscant.

[​IMG]

Fel wanted to be the one to kill Krayt. It was about him, not the Galaxy. Fel wanted to destroy Krayt to satisfy his own ego. A selfish act, consistent with Fel's previous characterization.

[​IMG]

Fortunately, that madman got what he deserved.
    [​IMG]

The Imperial Knights are truly to be praised. They did their duty even when it meant killing their insane Emperor. This check on the Emperor's powers is perhaps the fundamental difference between Palpatine's Empire and Fel's Empire.

If you consider the slaughter of a trillion innocent beings to be understandable, under any circumstances, then I think there's no point in continuing this discussion. Because a deed like that is evil. Period. There is no excusing or understanding something that horrendous.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Battlehymn_Republic and kalzeth like this.
  24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd have to look at the timeline-but Krayt's newfound power and army he whipped up out of nothing made omega red an attractive option. A terrible option but an understandable one to consider out of desperation.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Omega Red, to Fel's understanding, would ONLY kill the Sith.
    (which we know it wouldn't, that Maladi sabotaged it, but he didn't know it.)

* The Emperor was slightly more than a figurehead. The Moffs overruled his veto with the war, and the Sith. The only thing he could do, he did, which was keep the IKs out of the war.
    * See first point... he didn't have the power to, he wasn't an absolute monarch. He wasn't even commander-in-chief.
    * See above, though I agree he should have done more "under the radar," like sending some IKs to covertly capture or kill the Sith leaders.
    * Roan actually made the choice that Yoda wanted Anakin to make... to let go of his personal attachment, and not endanger others out of attachment. He also, despite being a monarch, didn't think his bloodline was as important as someone good being in charge. He probably would have just appointed one of his IKs as his successor if Marasiah did die.
    * I don't remember what this refers to.
    * It was a mistake... but she was a POW, he didn't "recruit" her.
    * Of the Sith, and becoming Sith (or at least remaining Sith) was a choice, especially after Krayt's massacres began. So not a genocide, but a targeted assassination. Not the most moral, obviously, but not genocide to try to create a weapon to kill all of the enemy's soldiers (and as far as he knew, soldiers only).

Now, I am not a Roan Fel apologist, though this post might make it appear that way. He became a bad person, and there was something off about him from the start. But we need to be fair in criticism of him.