main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The empress of justice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by empress of justice, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    Panaka cautiously stuck his head out of the small slave quarters that had been alotted to his family. Seeing that no Imperials were in the immediate vicinity, he flashed a red laserpointer several times. This signified that all was clear, and his guests would be safe coming over.

Coruscant's sun was setting, which elongated the laserpointer's shadow. Panaka had noted that dusk was the best time to hold the meeting, for the day guard was retiring for the night, and the night guard would soon come. He heard footsteps behind him, and he turned. His wife, Marija, stood behind him, somehow looking beautiful even in her simple slave garments.

Panaka walked over to her, and placed his right arm around her shoulders. She leaned her head against his right shoulder as he lovingly rubbed her back.

After a moment, she lifted her head and addressed him.

"I'm worried about Keisha, it's been three weeks since she escaped Coruscant. We should have heard from her by now."

"I know, but she'll be all right, Marija."

"What makes you so sure?"

"She's my daughter. I've taught her how to look out for trouble. She'll be able to handle anything that's thrown her way."

"I hope you're right, dear"

Someone knocked on the front door, three quick knocks, then a pause, then three more quick knocks. It was the prearranged signal. Panaka opened the door.

It was Sabe' and Sabrina. They were quickly ushered in and the foursome sat down in the main room.

"So it's true?" Sabe' asked.

"Yes, Keisha believes that Melissa could be alive, and even if Melissa is not, that Melissa's heirs are."

"Melissa's heirs? Noone has been named to be even one of her heirs."

"What am I missing?" Sabrina asked.

"There is an old prophecy that promised that an Empress would come after a time of corruption:

"After the fall of the worst tyrant ever to have control of the galaxy, so shall come a chosen one, sent from beyond the world, and she will be called the Empress of Justice."

There is another which says:

"After the Empress, shall come 2 Emperors, and 2 Empresses, and the four shall rule together."

"But that's impossible!" Sabrina insisted. "You can't have 2 emperors and 2 empresses at the same time!"

"Nevertheless, it was written in a prophecy, and those two prophecies are almost as old as Galaxia."

Panaka sighed and continued. "All we can do now is wait for the others, and pray for my daughter's safety..."
    More later.

Please comment.

2. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Short post!
    Melissa decided to go on a short walk in Asheville. She made sure to hide her computer, for she knew that her new friends had never even heard of the item, much less knew how to use it right. She did not want her computer to be damaged by curious yet ignorant hands during her absence. She quickly packed lunch, and waved goodbye to Christy and her family, she set off on the road, unsure of where she'd go.

A stray dog walked up to her and licked her hands expectantly, hoping for food. She let the dog lick, knowing that she would realize that Melissa didn't have any food for her. Instead, the dog stood up on her hind legs and plucked Melissa's chicken legs from her lunch bag. The dog began to run down an alley, and Melissa followed. The dog reached an old crate, where she had made a den.

Looking inside the crate, Melissa saw six roly-poly balls of fluff, wrestling over who would get Melissa's chicken legs first. Melissa snatched up her food, then relented, tossing the chicken legs back to the puppies. The mother had not been too defensive of her puppies, which Melissa had found surprising. Melissa judged by the dog's actions that she had accepted her as a friend.

Thunder rumbled in the sky, and Melissa judged that now would be a good time to return to Christy's home. Picking up the crate of puppies, she started to walk towards Christy's house, the dog at her heels. Their trip home was uneventful, and Melissa began making a home for the dogs on the back porch. The dogs would have to stay outside, for now, until Melissa could figure out what to do with them all. Now it was time to think, to ponder, to remember?
    Hoped y'all like this. (Hey, I'm smack in the middle of Hick country, I can say "y'all" :) )

3. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Will post later. (Yes, there is a point to introducing the dog & the puppies. Be patient peeps.)

4. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Almost got the next flashback scene w/ Melissa and Ami... <I'm not saying one more word.>

Polishing.
    Will post later.

5. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    I didn't realize I ran out of time. Gotta get to work.

Will post later.

6. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
  7. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Still working on the flashback scene...
    Here's my Vader post

Vader paced his quarters anxiously, He had notified the Emperor of his successful occupation of the planet and his organization of a team to locate the girl's home. Now he just needed to wait for his master to answer and give Vader further orders.

Could it have only been 1 month? One month since Ami's death? Oh how he ached with it, if only she hadn't refused him, he could have taken her to Coruscant, his wife and his adopted daughter, taken the both of them to his fortress. Safe and where they belonged. Serving Palpatine. Just like his wife and daughter were meant to do all along.

Commander Drun stepped forward, interrupting Vader's thoughts. Vader gave the commander an angry glare. It was a good thing he wore that mask. If looks could kill...then that man would have died the instant Vader looked at him. He began to choke the man.

"I do not wish my meditating to be disturbed."

"The Emperor..." Drun groaned.

Vader relaxed his grip...minutely. "Continue."

"The Emperor demands that you contact him immediately."

"Very well, transmit the Emperor's signal to my meditation chamber."

Vader stepped inside his communication chamber, and knelt before the transmission.

"Have you secured the girl?"

"Not yet, my master..."

"I believe my instructions were CLEAR Lord Vader. You have disobeyed my orders. I told you to PERSONALLY secure the girl. Have you forgotten she is force-sensitive?"

"I have not, my master."

"I will speak more of your disobedience when you return...with the girl. Make sure she is alive. She is valuable to our cause..."

"Yes, my master."

The Emperor ended the communication. Vader stood. He would not disappoint his master again. A mere slip of a girl was no match against a Dark Lord of the Sith. Capturing her would be like tripping a gungan...all too easy. He would have her soon...his life depended on it.
    Hope you all enjoyed this.

I'll post again very soon.

8. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    *Note to readers* Yes, I know that earthquakes in Illinois are unusual, but they have happened, (old folk say they have, at least. They are about .1 on the Ricther scale, I'm guessing, but I'm no earthquake expert.) but since this is a work of fiction, I'm giving this one a California intensity. (I'd use a tornado to whisk Melissa away, but that's been taken by Mr. L. Frank Baum.)

Melissa sat in the porch swing of Christy's home, the dog lying on her feet, pups suckling. Melissa leaned her head back, closed her eyes, and remembered...

Flashback

Melissa was walking to school, head down, no joy in her eyes. It was a warm spring day in Illinois, and ordinarily Melissa would have been happy, but she had forgotten to grab her lunch and had no time to eat breakfast. Her stomach growled. Then it growled again. Melissa heard a terrible cracking sound. Then Melissa was falling, and the entire universe seemed to become known to her.

It was strange, one would have thought that she would fall into the center of the earth, yet there she was, floating around in space. She thought that it would be a good occasion to scream, but her throat was dry. At any rate, she realized she was being transported in some sort of bubble, at least that's what she called it. The sides where invisible, yet Melissa could sit down, walk around. (Not very far without bumping into one of the sides) and breathe normally. She knew she should have been frightened, but she was safe and anyway, this WAS an adventure, nothing bad had happened to her yet. She soon fell asleep.
    The last thing she remembered was a brilliant white light enveloping her.

Hours later, but it could have been days, She saw a small green planet ahead.

"What luck, she thought, HOME!"

Her invisible bubble pulled her closer and closer to her destination, She glanced around the planet and did not spy any of the continents, not Europe, Africa, Asia, either of the Americas, Antartica, or Australia. Tears met her eyes. Who knew how far away home was?

But there was nothing she could do to change her circumstances, so she sat up, and began thinking on the best way to get home.

She landed on the outskirts of a village, A gloriious palace that had been built near several waterfalls filled her eyes, and a grand marketplace led right up to it. Something smacked her on the head. It fell into her hand...
    Will post more later.

9. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
  10. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
  11. Master Enae

Master Enae Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2000
    Hurry, don't just leave me hanging like that!! Good job though!

12. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Thank you, Master Enae,

But I can't post now. Got chores. :( Will try to post later today or tomorrow.

13. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Evil computer!!! It ate my post....grrr....will post tomorrow.

Me thinks that applying a lightsaber to the monitor will fix the problem....

14. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    I promised, and I'm delivering...

It was a medallion, it looked like gold but felt much heavier. Melissa turned it around and saw a circle split into four sections, and in each section was an animal: in the upper right, a dragon. in the upper left, a dog, in the lower right, a lion, and in the lower left, a stallion.

She looked it over once more. Smiling, she tried it on, then felt guilty as it was not hers. She looked up to see if it had fallen from a window.

Seeing that there was indeed a window above her, she walked into the lobby of the building.

A robot was sitting there, the sight of it was a shock to Melissa, after all, there were no robot secretaries on Earth.

"Excuse me, she said to the robot, but this fell down from a ledge, can you tell me if you know of anyone that it may belong to?

The robot leaned closer, saw the medallion still hanging around Melissa's neck, and began shouting:

"Dzny, Lacoss el dzny!"

Melissa saw several people running towards her, and not knowing why, she began running too.

She ran down the marketplace aisle, more and more people adding to the chase. Seeing a fence wall, she prepared to vault herself over it. The necklace was slowing her down, she'd get over the fence, take off the necklace, and hide until things cooled off.

As she climbed over the fence, she leapt off the top of it, and collided. The worst headache she had ever had in her life began....

Told ya I'd post today. :)

Hope y'all enjoyed.

Will post later.

15. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up! (Yes, I will translate the Nubian...in a future post, be patient)

-Empress

16. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up!

Will post Thurs. or Fri.

-Empress

17. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up!

I'm considering awarding this thread "Quietest StarWars Fanfiction Thread"....

I'll keep it from earning that distinction. I will definitely post on Friday.

-Empress

18. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Melissa rubbed her head, and looked to find out what she had bashed her head against. Another girl, approxiamately her same age and height, gingerly rose to her feet, pulled out a dagger and ran toward Melissa.

Melissa backed, on all fours, trying to rise, but her right foot had fallen asleep. She remembered the strange medallion she wore.

As Melissa undid the clasp with her fingers, she kept her eyes on the other girl, who was now circling Melissa, looking for a weak spot to attack. Melissa made sure that she never left her back open to the stranger, and managed to stand.

Melissa's eyes swept over the girl. She was dark, yet very pretty. Her long black her was pulled back into a scrunchie. Hazel eyes watched Melissa at every turn. Melissa soon realized that she too was being evaluated.

The other girl stared at Melissa's strange clothes, then slowly moved up to her neck and face. Seeing the medallion, the girl's eyes bugged out in shock. She immediately got down on one knee.

"Jubba Madrina, Busa Madrina. Yocha drita chook." (Translation: Long live the Princess, Rule over us. I beg forgiveness for my actions.)

Melissa was throughly confused. She had no clue what the other girl was saying. Back to basics she decided.

Melissa pointed to her self and said "Melissa."

The other girl did the same and said "Keisha."

Melissa had the feeling that it was going to be a very long day....

Here you go.

(Yes I had LOTS of fun writing in Nubian. :) )

-Empress

19. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up! Guess noone's had a chance to read this yet.

-Empress

20. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    UP!

Boy this thread is quiet, I should rename it:

"The Silent Thread"

-Empress

21. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up!!!!

-Empress

22. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Up!!!

-Empress

23. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    I will post Fri...polishing up the post.

-Empress

24. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Keisha giggled. She understood basic perfectly, but she wanted to finish her practical joke. Besides, watching Melissa try to speak Nubian was hilarious.

"Pecko" Keisha said and motioned for Melissa to follow. The latter did.

Melissa looked in amazement as Keisha lead her up a very grand flight of stairs. Magnificent statues were all around her, obviously this place had a high value on the arts...or at least once had had this value.

Now they were passing through an ornate set door, once the doors shut behind them, she found herself in a large hallway, hundreds of doors were in sight, and hundreds of people were around.

"What is this place?" Melissa asked Keisha.

"The palace of..." Keisha stopped as she realized that the kaadu was out of the bag. Running as fast as her legs would take her, Keisha was surprsed to find Melissa in fairly close pursuit.

"That medallion must be slowing her down." Keisha noted, and slipped through the most elaborate doors in the palace.

Melissa stopped, more than likely Keisha had locked the door as soon as she had gotten through it. She had to chuckle to herself...It was kinda funny now that she thought about it. Now if she could find a way to find Keisha...and play a joke of her own.

She tested the doorhandle, it turned easily, so Keisha had obviously not locked it. Melissa stopped herself from opening the door and knocked, there could be a private meeting or something going on behind these doors.

"Enter" A voice said.

Melissa opened the door, and looked about her in shock. She was in a throne room! The carpet was thick, if she hadn't been wearing shoes she could have sunk her toes into it. As she looked around she saw someone who looked almost exactly like her. Darkness overcame Melissa, and she knew no more.
    That's it!

Will the "quiet thread" finally get someone's attention? I hope so.

25. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Just upping my "quiet thread"

-Empress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.