Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Oct 12, 2011.
Then we have to stay with all the mal-functions...
Wow do we have a date yet?
It's gonna be after April 1, and people are going to say it's not gonna happen.
FWIW I'm using Chrome and getting the huge banner at the top of the screen that's not removable. I just started using Chrome and have refreshed so it shouldn't be a cache issue (though I don't get it when using Chrome at work).
Edit: And yet it disappeared just as a I post this message. Please ignore.
Here's my guess of what's going on:
The admins are waiting until April 1. On that day, they will announce that the move was a two-year long April Fools Day joke and that we're staying with IGN. Everybody will complain and give them grief over it, and the admins will take it without banning anybody because they know what's coming: on April 2, they will announce that the announcement the day before was the real joke, and give us the actual move date that day.
At this point it seems that many people are simply annoyed by the entire thing, the constant delays make it seem that there is a lack of communication and coordination behind the scenes.
No combination of events has killed activity on this site like this one issue has, and yet it continues to drag on indefinitely.
Yup. I guess the bottom line is that no one here on the JC seems to be able to do anything about it. We're IGN's *****es, apparently.
I'm not seeing the password recovery summary.
Is it still time?
That's it! I'm holding my breath until IGN gets off their butts and flips the switch. That'll show 'em.
Actually it's not IGN holding things up at this point. We're still waiting for the new server to be ready. That's down to Philip Wise and his crew. Hopefully Grimby will have an update on that when he comes back on. (His last login was Mar 10.)
I realize grimby is just trying to keep us informed, and probably let his excitement over the move finally seeming to be upon us get the best of him, but at this point I think it would be best to just say, "It's still going to be a bit, we'll let you know when we finally get a definitive date" and leave it at that.
Yeah, the problem was that we didn't have confirmation on the new server being set up. But we do now, so here we go...