Beyond The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Teaser 10/28/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Title: Legacy of the Sith (Book 4): The End of All Light
    Author: YodaKenobi
    Timeframe: Post-New Jedi Order, 33 ABY
    Characters: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, Jag, everyone else who's ever been seen, spoken, or mentioned in a SW story
    Genre: Adventure, Mystery
    Keywords: Frozen Donkey Wheel
    Summary: A mysterious empire controlled by a Sith Lord from deep in the Unknown Regions has become a part of the Galactic Alliance and is determined to destroy the Jedi Order.
    Notes:

This is the fourth and final story in the "Legacy of the Sith" series. It is the sequel to "The Age of Heroes", "Exodus," and The Lands of the Dead. Don't be fooled by the prologue, Legacy of the Sith takes place 3 years after my New Jedi Order AU series ("Revolution," "The Eighth Cortex," and "The Living Force"?links in my profile) which replace "The Final Prophecy," and "The Unifying Force," an an alternate ending to the NJO.

However, I've tried hard to write this in a way that it will be accessible to new readers without the need to trudge through all of the previous stories.

A big thank you to Dooku-Darklighter and Rew for their betawork and invaluable advice on this story :) And thanks as well to all the people who have been following this tale over the years. I'm in your debt and I hope that you'll feel like this was worth your time and effort when it's over.

[image=[url]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2054/4512859198_4666af36cf_b.jpg][/url]

*Coverart by Maggy*

Dramatis Personae

Aero Gin; bounty hunter (female human)
    Alema Rar; Jedi Knight (female Twi'lek)
    Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Aya Osyris; Kasanaan Tribeswoman (female human)
    Ayddar Nylykerka; former Galactic Alliance Intelligence Director (male Tammarian)
    Baliss Phlora; Jedi apprentice (female human)
    Ben Skywalker; child (male human)
    Booster Terrik; captain, Errant Venture (male human)
    Brosh; commander of Thrawn's household phalanx (male Chiss)
    C-3PO; protocol droid
    Cakhmaim; Leia Solo's bodyguard (male Noghri)
    Callista Ming; Sith Acolyte (female human)
    Chaf'ros'tombi; Ascendancy scientist (male Chiss)
    Cilghal; Jedi Master (female Mon Calamari)
    Cordoba; crime lord (male Hutt)
    Corssa; Commander, Empire of the Hand (female Chiss)
    Dagan Osyris; Kasanaan Tribesman (male human)
    Danni Quee; scientist (female human)
    Darak; assistant to the Magister (female Ferroan)
    Dorrin Kogg; senate speaker (male Sermarian)
    Emala; war profiteer (female Squib)
    Evlyn Tabory; agent to the Chief Syndic (female human)
    Faybol; Darth Malig's Hand (male Kuhr)
    Ferani; Tenel Ka's Chamberlain (female human)
    Fiver; Anakin Solo's astromech droid
    Fyor Rodan; Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance (male human)
    Garm Bel Iblis; former general (male human)
    Garrison "Malachor" Shan; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Gelaa; priestess, deception sect (female Yuuzhan Vong)
    Ghent; Galactic Alliance Intelligence slicer (male human)
    Gilad Pellaeon; Grand Admiral, Imperial Remnant (male human)
    Grees; war profiteer (male Squib)
    Hala Rozess; Sith spy (female Zeltron)
    Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male human)
    Harrow; Sith Alchemist (male Rezor)
    Iella Antilles; Jedi ally (female human)
    Ilandra Grim; Nightsister (female human)
    Irsa; Elder (female Rakata)
    Jabitha; Magister (female Ferroan)
    Jacen Solo/Darth Havok; Sith apprentice, General of the Raithian Armies (male human)
    Jaden Korr; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Jagged Fel; Chief Syndic, Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet (male human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female human)
    Jakan; High Priest (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Jarl Pace; Imperial Remnant General (male human)
    Jonah Solo; infant (male human)
    Jysella Horn; Jedi apprentice (female human)
    Kirana Ti; Jedi Master (female human)
    Kurol; shared consciousness of Faybol's brood
    Kyle Katarn; Jedi Master (male human)
    Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male huma
    Last edited by YodaKenobi, Oct 31, 2014
  2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Prologue: Conception

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, two beings were conceived?one was a creation of the Light and the other was the embodiment of Darkness. One, an expression of purity meant to bring the Force into balance. The other an avatar of evil destined to send it all spiraling into chaos.

Because the Force?that great energy that surrounds, binds, and penetrates every single thing in this universe?has two sides.

One is Light.

One is Dark.

The Ashla and the Bogan.

And now these two sides will meet one final time, in one final battle to settle it all. These creations will play out a struggle older than the stars, older than the first spark of energy that lit the heavens of this galaxy?older than time. This is not a conflict between two beings for planets or wealth or even lives.

It is a fight for something far more elemental, something we all feel but most never even know is there.

This is a war for the Force itself.

And when it's over, the galaxy will never be the same.

The dead will rise, heroes will burn, and those left alive will weep.

This is the end.

And this is how it begins.

Spinning listlessly in space between the boundary of the Republic and the territory the Sith Empire had fled to millennia before, was a fogged sphere of dark clouds and dust. It drifted in a black abyss spattered with clusters of glaring white stars, its perfectly round edge glowing with the same bright luminescence of every other atmosphere-housing planet in the galaxy, the reflected light of one star in particular, to which it was anchored.

The planet was called Naraka and there was absolutely nothing special about it.

A handful of small cities stood half-buried in the sandy dirt, artifacts of a world that had once been a home to more life, before the droughts several hundred years earlier had left these towns all but abandoned. The rest of the planet was an endless horizon of nothingness.

A wasteland.

Its face was caked in rock that formed crumbling mountains and wind-cut badlands, sun-scorched sand dunes that wept grit with every updraft, and chasms formed by deep fractures gouged into its depths all swimming in a shaken dust bowl. Dried-up valleys that had once been dismal brooks and gulches appeared as blackened scars from space, puckered by the fissures webbed out from them into the crust, the disfigurements left on a withered corpse.

It was across one of these furrows that Dagan Osyris marched, traveling over Naraka's parched surface with its white hot sun baking everything around him and the day's haul dangling heavily in a pack clutched within his right hand, nearly dragging in the sand beside him. The strap looped around his fist dug cruelly into the calloused palm, but it was a satisfying sort of pain?the sort that told a man his hours of journeying that day over Naraka's unforgiving terrain had not be fruitless.

Most excursions were not so profitable.

He was swaddled in rags and a long, tarat-hide duster badly bleached and weathered from the sun. A faded red scarf knotted at the back of his head was draped over his nose and mouth and a pair of black goggles with sand-scuffed lenses protected his eyes. Strapped diagonally over his shoulder around another pack filled with supplies were the blaster rifle and bladed-staff he would never dream of venturing into the wastes without, the barrel and long, serrated blade towering up above his head like a sensor array.

Dagan crested a blazing dune and looked out over the horizon towards the Ukur mountains. Ripples of heat danced over his home there, undulating just below the hazy sky where Naraka's two moons could be seen as mere ghosts of themselves in the late daylight. He smiled tiredly at the sight, knowing what was near as the suffocating wind like the hot breath of Chaos swept over the valley and kicked up a cloud of swirling dust around him.

Unfazed, Dagan started down the drift and hiked towards the base of the mountains, feeling the cool
  3. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
  4. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    *gasp* Second!

Okay... can I just state right now that you are the King of Creepy? Just wanted to put that out there... *shivers*

The beginning was epic all by itself. I was full of anticipatory energy before I even got to the story!! :D

Its face was caked in rock that formed crumbling mountains and wind-cut badlands, sun-scorched sand dunes that wept grit with every updraft, and chasms formed by deep fractures gouged into its depths all swimming in a shaken dust bowl. Dried-up valleys that had once been dismal brooks and gulches appeared as blackened scars from space, puckered by the fissures webbed out from them into the crust, the disfigurements left on a withered corpse.

Again, absolutely splendid descriptions! They are so vivid you can't help but to feel like you're watching the story unfold rather than reading.

The mood was set exceptionally well here, and it segued into real-time effortlessly. I'm assuming the "flashback" bit was about Malig... o_O :D

The conversation between Sidious and Malig was absolutely perfect! It was terrifying and fascinating at the same time to watch those two spar with one another. Malig's more than obvious superority was very well established, as well. Malig's ruthless act at the end was truly the best way to finish establishing that superiority. Well played! =D=

And I just have to note, because this stood out to me as particularly brilliant- "I should have killed you, boy" he said, speaking in his peculiar manner that emphasized the last words of a sentence. Your description of Sidious' mannerism was so succinct, yet so precise, that I could instantly hear his voice in my head. Amazing.

Fantastic beginning to what promises to be a fantastic (if creepy) story. Heh. Not even a story so much as an Epic. I'm totally curious about Sidious' comment about Anakin killing Malig...[face_thinking] But I'm sure all will be revealed in time. :D

You've definitely got me hooked, Yobi. I'll be around for this ride!

~Celeste

5. Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Master

star 2
    Whoa...dark. :eek:

Very cool though, I've just read the first three installments of this it's so awesome!

Can't wait to read more! :D

Can you PM mefor this, please?
  6. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesomely cool start. :cool:

Would you PM me when you update, please? [face_batting]

Really interested in how this carries on. :)
  7. corran2 Force Ghost

star 4
    A lot was racing through my mind, lots of comments, but that line from Shmi: chill bumps. supreme chill bumps my friend. And the actual story goes off and it's Ab Aeterno and THe Incident, giving us backstory. The chill of the baby being born, Malig's chat with the Emperor, and what is the Rimiore?

8. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    *Does the New Fic Posted dance*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9_P6GljVA

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/CloneCmdrWedge/gifs/Snakedance.gif]

8-}

What am I? Sixth? Not bad. Guess I should have posted that third parady trailer earlier though. :p

The dead will rise, heroes will burn, and those left alive will weep.

This is the end.

*plugs ears* LALALA! Not listening!

:p

Namtar...? Wasn't that supposed to be...? [face_mischief]

By the way, you're such a tease when it comes to Malig's identity. You say who he is, but not *who* he is, if that makes any sense.

Before Sidious could respond, Malig's left hand reached into the spirit's chest, his fingers plunging into green light without any resistance. The dead man's face twisted in horror with a grunt of surprise as Malig found the dark flame within Sidious, the core of his spirit, and wrapped his hand around it.

Then, he squeezed.

A silent scream trembled through the night as Sidious's features froze in anguish, and his spirit crumbled into the wind like grains of glowing sand. Malig watched them go until the last of the floating embers was extinguished in the cold of night.

[image=http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn71/ElliotSalem45/Resident%20Evil/Wesker.jpg]
    "The right to be god... that right is now mine."

Oh, and I might be old fashioned or something, but I still want to see Palpy pwn Malig. [face_devil]

9. Darth_Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Amazing... awesome... PERFECT.

=D==D==D=

That is what I thought of the prologue.

The opening words, about one to embody the dark and one the light, was great, the birth of Darth Malig was awesomely done. The birth itself was creepy; from Dogan thinking about there being far too much blood, the horror of the other, the creepy world and creepy situation into which Malig is born, and the fact his name is Namtar Osyris, personifying two gods of plague and death... Cool.

The Valley of the Dark Lords sequence was a masterpiece; the Valley at night was described perfectly, and the description of Plagueis' old bones rotting beneath the sands, and of course the spirit of Darth Sidious. I love the fact Sidious' spirit seems to be even more rotting, more decrepit, more corrupt than his old physical form, and the image of a silent, green, ghoulish specter, lurking and festering in a Valley for the great Sith Lords of old, of an already scary Sith... brilliant. :D

We then have Darth Malig. One thing I like about him is that he's like an ancient Sith Lord. He's got Sith sorcery and alchemy, many arcane and unique powers (Force plague, healing), desires even more ancient Sith secrets, wants to usher in a golden age of the Sith, spread the dark side and become (or already is) a sort of dark side god, different from the grab for political power or focus on revenge against the Jedi that most 'modern' Sith demonstrate... the whole atmosphere surrounding this mysterious Dark Lord says ancient Sith to me. He also, like an ancient Sith, completely pwns others with the Force. I loved it when he grasped the center of Sidious' soul and sent him back to Chaos. Shows Malig can pwn almost anyone, even one who is already dead and should thus be near invincible.

Malig rocked, and this prologue rocked. :D

Love it!
  10. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    A beautifully dark beginning. :) So good to see that we'll be getting your writing once more. :)

BTW, when will you continue with Blood Trail? :p

I'll let our conversation in the other thread lapse, since by now we're only taunting Del Rey. [face_mischief]

Magnus
  11. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Did Malig just destroy Sidious's being, his spirit, or something? Did he like erase his existence? Or was he just sent to Chaos without the abiltiy to manifest himself in the Valley of the Sith.

Would I be correct to assume that "Namtar" is Malig.
  12. MrMuse Jedi Knight

star 1
    Namtar, thats an old god of Mesopotamian religion, assuming him to be Malig it fits that he, who one day learns to revive the dead would have the same name as an old God of Death.

Amazing start YK!
  13. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

great great great.
  14. Lethar Force Ghost

star 1
    I wish I could say something clever, but I just can't think of anything other than: whoa, cool!
  15. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Keywords: Frozen Donkey Wheel

Your keywords are hilarious!! LOL

Dramatis Personae

Aero Gin; bounty hunter (female human)

Told you already she is awesome ;) even though she is not in her best shape atm.

Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)

The one and only ;)

Hala Rozess; Sith spy (female Zeltron)

They should have been careful about other spies ... after all they knew about them with the revelations after the death of Salo :(

Thrawn; former Imperial Grand Admiral (male Chiss)

Shouldn?t that be ?Thraawn? or something? :p

Wrev Caster; Jedi Knight (male human)

:D

"There was no father." ?Shmi Skywalker, The Phantom Menace.

Was the turning point in the previous one already ... the no father thing [face_thinking]

-----signature-----
    Anakin Solo is my Constant

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Prologue: Conception

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, two beings were conceived?one was a creation of the Light and the other was the embodiment of Darkness.

One white
    One black

[face_thinking]

Theme of LOST 8-}

One, an expression of purity meant to bring the Force into balance. The other an avatar of evil destined to send it all spiraling into chaos.

Who is who ... well since you got up there the quote about ?no father? ... Anakin Skywalker ... [face_thinking]

Because the Force?that great energy that surrounds, binds, and penetrates every single thing in this universe?has two sides.

One is Light.

One is Dark.

The Ashla and the Bogan.

It has indeed ...
    And then there are shades in between ... that see the Force differently [face_thinking]

And now these two sides will meet one final time, in one final battle to settle it all. These creations will play out a struggle older than the stars, older than the first spark of energy that lit the heavens of this galaxy?older than time. This is not a conflict between two beings for planets or wealth or even lives.

It is a fight for something far more elemental, something we all feel but most never even know is there.

This is a war for the Force itself.

The stars, sparks of energy, and time should worry then :p

The dead will rise, heroes will burn, and those left alive will
    weep.

This is the end.

And this is how it begins.

... Lands of the Dead ... we been there in the previous story ;)
    And with the dead rising ... [face_thinking] Oi right we get to see good ol? Palpy/Sidious you said

Spinning listlessly in space between the boundary of the Republic and the territory the Sith Empire

The Unknown Regions as they are called ...

had fled to millennia before, was a fogged sphere of dark clouds and dust. It drifted in a black abyss spattered with clusters of glaring white stars, its perfectly round edge glowing with the same bright luminescence of every other atmosphere-housing planet in the galaxy, the reflected light of one star in particular, to which it was anchored.

The planet was called Naraka and there was absolutely nothing special about it.

A handful of small cities stood half-buried in the sandy dirt, artifacts of a world that had once been a home to more life, before the droughts several hundred years earlier had left these towns all but abandoned. The rest of the planet was an endless horizon of nothingness.

A wasteland.

Sounds pretty much like that
    Backwater planet just like Tatooine ... there is nothing there.

Yes sounds very much like Tatooine ... just less sand :p

16. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Fourteenth!!
    Better late than never, as I never say!:D The first chapter was...totally awesome(in a freaky sort of way)!!! If the world ends, remember one thing. I totally called it!!!![face_dancing] In case you can't tell, I'm HYPER!!!:eek: Great chapter, though.;)
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Maggy: wow it's rolling

Yep :) Thanks for replying, and for the cover, of course :p

Celsete: *gasp* Second!

Nicely done =D=

Okay... can I just state right now that you are the King of Creepy?

If I had a nickel for everytime a girl told me that... :p

Just wanted to put that out there... *shivers*

Thank you 8-}

The beginning was epic all by itself. I was full of anticipatory energy before I even got to the story!!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it so much, and that you're excited as well.

Again, absolutely splendid descriptions! They are so vivid you can't help but to feel like you're watching the story unfold rather than reading.

That's really what I was going for. I wanted the reader to feel like they were flying down to the planet from space.

The mood was set exceptionally well here, and it segued into real-time effortlessly. I'm assuming the "flashback" bit was about Malig...

I think that's a safe assumption [face_whistling]

The conversation between Sidious and Malig was absolutely perfect! It was terrifying and fascinating at the same time to watch those two spar with one another. Malig's more than obvious superority was very well established, as well.

I think Malig's only superior now that Sidious is dead. It's hinted at that the two met in combat in life and that Malig had to retreat because he was so overmatched.

Malig's ruthless act at the end was truly the best way to finish establishing that superiority. Well played!

Poor Palpatine :p

And I just have to note, because this stood out to me as particularly brilliant- "I should have killed you, boy" he said, speaking in his peculiar manner that emphasized the last words of a sentence. Your description of Sidious' mannerism was so succinct, yet so precise, that I could instantly hear his voice in my head. Amazing.

That's good to hear, I was afraid the dialogue didn't sound enough like Sidious at all [face_thinking]

Fantastic beginning to what promises to be a fantastic (if creepy) story. Heh. Not even a story so much as an Epic.

Hehe. It's only going to get creepier [face_mischief]

I'm totally curious about Sidious' comment about Anakin killing Malig...

I think that was just a desperate attempt to strike fear in Malig's heart. I don't think Sidious is operating with knowledge of the future or anything.

But I'm sure all will be revealed in time.

Yes. Hopefully this one will be finished more quickly than the last fic. [face_praying]

You've definitely got me hooked, Yobi. I'll be around for this ride!

I am very happy to have you along :D Thanks so much for reading and replying!

Goddess_At_Heart: Whoa...dark.
    Very cool though, I've just read the first three installments of this it's so awesome!

Wow, you've been busy. I'm glad you're enjoying the series :)

Can't wait to read more!
    Can you PM mefor this, please?

Will do. Thanks for reading and replying :D I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Ceillean: Awesomely cool start.

Thank you :)

Would you PM me when you update, please?

Sure thing. Thanks for the interest.

Really interested in how this carries on.

I hope you like it. Thanks again for reading and replying :D

corran: A lot was racing through my mind, lots of comments, but that line from Shmi: chill bumps.

Awesome. There were a couple other quotes I thought about adding, but I thought that one made a stronger point alone.

supreme chill bumps my friend. And the actual story goes off and it's Ab Aeterno and THe Incident, giving us backstory.

Hehe. I'm sure you caught the reference in the "one is light, one is dark" thing too? [face_mischief]

The chill of the baby being born, Malig's chat with the Emperor, and what is the Rimiore?

A grimoire is typically a book of black magic for summoning spir
  18. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    If you have a PM notification list, I'd love to be on it. I just finished your other story. Being a Han/Leia fan, I loved the banter between them and that you have them being in the heart of the action. My favorite, actually, was when Han had been captured and actually told them the true reason for his being there. That was truly inspired, and well done (except for him being tortured). It just had me thinking the minute he said it that they might just pull off a stunt like that! And they did.

I can't wait to see how this story goes. So far, the set up is really visual. I could see what was going on through your imagery.

Sidious, dead is dead, no matter how, and Malig is right, patience is a Sith characteristic (and sometimes a Jedi characteristic, too). It seems to me that Evil is always willing to bide its time, wait for the moment to wedge itself in. Good sometimes has difficulty with this, wanting to fix everything at once; when things don't work, Good often gives up.... and that is exactly what Evil waits for.
  19. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it's kind of like that, only different. We even get a scene with a guy standing on a sand dune looking out at two moons instead of two suns

I sense some sort of parallel here! [face_idea]
  20. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    It has been my privilege. Honestly, I am already dreading when you finish this story and maybe won't write another. :p But at least I then can badger you to write that time-travel fic I always wanted from you. ;)

I see. I can easuly understand the logistical problem with producing two chapters of different stories each week. Looking forward to the sequel, then. :)
  21. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    And so begins the final descent into Chaos.

Whoever Malig is, and whatever it is that he intends to accomplish, one thing is for certain: the will of the Force shall prevail. It cannot be coerced or manipulated into submission. It will seek equilibrium, like the natural system that it is. Those who attempt to oppose this fact will surely be destroyed in the process, as so many in the past have been.

I anticipate that there will be no happy ending to this tale, nor should their be, for the so-called heroes of the galaxy. After all, violence begets violence. The only way to succeed may be not to fight what is coming at all, but rather, accept whatever consequences the illusion of power bestows upon the characters in question.

Only then, will the true meaning of Peace be revealed.

22. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Loved the opening :D I'm so excited. Can't wait. I have a feeling that Namtar may either be Darth Malig or... Malachor
  23. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    dm1: If you have a PM notification list, I'd love to be on it.

Will do :)

I just finished your other story. Being a Han/Leia fan, I loved the banter between them and that you have them being in the heart of the action.

Awesome! I love Han and Leia. They're still my all-time favorite Star Wars duo [face_love] Glad to see another fan :)

My favorite, actually, was when Han had been captured and actually told them the true reason for his being there. That was truly inspired, and well done (except for him being tortured). It just had me thinking the minute he said it that they might just pull off a stunt like that! And they did.

Hehe. Han is cool like that [face_cowboy] I'm glad you liked it.

I can't wait to see how this story goes. So far, the set up is really visual. I could see what was going on through your imagery.

That's good to hear :) Thanks.

Sidious, dead is dead, no matter how, and Malig is right, patience is a Sith characteristic (and sometimes a Jedi characteristic, too).

That's a good point. I guess we'll chalk that up to another similarity between the two. Maybe Malig is right :p

It seems to me that Evil is always willing to bide its time, wait for the moment to wedge itself in. Good sometimes has difficulty with this, wanting to fix everything at once; when things don't work, Good often gives up.... and that is exactly what Evil waits for.

That's interesting and certainly seems to be true with the Old Republic. The Sith just waited until the Jedi became complacent and then finally took control :( Hopefully that won't happen again.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

G__Anakin: I sense some sort of parallel here!

Yes, but to what? :p

Magnuskn: It has been my privilege. Honestly, I am already dreading when you finish this story and maybe won't write another.

Well, not in this timeline. It ends in a fairly difinitive way. I have thought about possibly writing a viggie that takes place 10 or 20 years after the end to show what happens to the galaxy, but I don't know.

But at least I then can badger you to write that time-travel fic I always wanted from you.

You might actually get that connected to your second question there. The tentative title for the Blood Trail sequel is Flow Walk if that means anything :p

I see. I can easuly understand the logistical problem with producing two chapters of different stories each week. Looking forward to the sequel, then.

Yeah, I just got too fatigued on it. Luckily Blood Trail was an easy story to write. I will get to it some time, hopefully this year.

I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

L0B0: And so begins the final descent into Chaos.

Yep [face_devil]

Whoever Malig is, and whatever it is that he intends to accomplish, one thing is for certain: the will of the Force shall prevail. It cannot be coerced or manipulated into submission. It will seek equilibrium, like the natural system that it is. Those who attempt to oppose this fact will surely be destroyed in the process, as so many in the past have been.

That's an interesting philosophy. I guess it depends on how you see the "balance." Some people take that to mean a balance between the light and dark sides of the Force, as though they're equal parts, others think it means a harmony achieved by the elimination of those distorting the Force with the use of the dark side. Is the dark side a natural part of the Force or a perversion of it?

I anticipate that there will be no happy ending to this tale, nor should their be, for the so-called heroes of the galaxy. After all, violence begets violence. The only way to succeed may be not to fight what is coming at all, but rather, accept whatever consequences the illusion of power bestows upon the characters in question.

I think you make a powerful point here. One might say that Luke Skywalker did this to great effect in Ro
  24. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    I would not recommend that, to be honest. Making such a definite epilogue would make it very constricting to write a sequel, in case you ever do get a hankering to add another story. Better to not constrain yourself such.

And while I am a bit sad to see you making such a definite statement that you won't continue this timeline of yours after the series ends, it's at least good to know that the characters may know some peace. Your writing has gotten quite dark over time, my friend. :p

Hah, that should be nice. Hoping for a visit to the Legacy timeline is probably too much to ask, since you already stated that you don't like it as much as I do, right?

Your output of one chapter per week is nothing short of astonishing, compared to the other fanfiction writers I know. Two were just a bit much to ask from you. :)
  25. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Exciting opening, very exciting.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade