Beyond The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. MrMuse Jedi Knight

star 1
    first!
    Niiice chapter, :D.
  2. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D= Brilliant senate scene. Loved every minute of it. Rodan is feeling his just rewards coming to him now. He must have seen the end to the story was was blown away by what happened that he knows what's coming to him :p

Poor Zonama Sekot. And poor Kyp. I hope Kyp survives, cos I doubt that Sekot is alive at this point.
  3. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    3RD!!! Wow, I almost feel sorry for Rodan. And I HATE Rodan! Zonama Sekot is gone!?! Why!?!
    That's pretty much my first reaction.
    The last thought Kyp Durron had as he clung to consciousness was a terrifying one.

Zonama Sekot was gone.

Poor Kyp. The thought was too horrible to live with.:p Why couldn't it have been Spongebob!?!
  4. Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Master

star 2
    Okay I'm a little behind![face_blush] I'm sorry, I just got out of school for the summer and I had all kinds of left over work to do but you get the idea, :p !

Okay don't have a lot of time but I want to say one thing.

Han. Solo. Is. Awesome! :D Okay that is out of my system [face_whistling]

Awesome job! [face_dancing]

Friday!Friday!Friday!
  5. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Ahh Rodan, please let it be a horrifyig and painful end for you.
  6. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    <headdesk>

If that is the general level of competence this little cabal exhibits, they'll probably end up being discovered when they blab about their conspiracy on an open connection on the holonet. Don't they have any talent at putting things together? Ar'krai + Yuuzhan Vong + Zonama Sekot = ???.

Good to see that the Galactic Senate still plays a role in your version of the EU, not like the non-existant entity over in FotJ.

Good chapter. :)
  7. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    and 7th!
    So, Sekot's gone? For real? Are we going back to Dathomir for the next chapter? Why am I asking all these questions? And if not Dathomir, are we going to see *looks around nervously* Him?
  8. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm. So Zonama Sekot is gone? Still alive I hope. [face_worried]

Excellent Senate scene by the way. Glad to see ol' Triebakk.

Anyway great update. Can't wait for the next one. Are we going back to Dathomir or are we seeing Jacen I wonder?
  9. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    YK

I just get in touch with my inner-Squib [face_love]

LOL

Noooo! :eek:

O:)

I have no idea what you're saying here :p

:p

Maichen doesn't understand things like compassion or selflessness.

Should have picked up on that over the last four months maybe ... [face_thinking]

Chapter 8: Fallout

Kre'fey and his fleet had simply disappeared.

Maybe they should ask Jacen about that :p

She knew nothing of the truth. He never told her of his dealings with Faybol or Darth Malig, and she, like the rest of the galaxy, knew only that Nylykerka was imprisoned on charges of sedition while the details of his alleged crime were sealed under the War Powers Act.

This was Rodan's only chance. If he could successfully play both sides against each other so that the ultimate victor believed he was a true ally, completely loyal to them, he might just survive this thing after all.

He is playing a dangerous game!!

Klorne waved his explanation off. "That's not what I was looking for. What I mean is that Kre'fey obviously accepted whatever RĂ©nin was selling, because he talked Kre'fey into attacking Ossus. So, as I said, I'm not sure Admiral Kre'fey would be on our side even if he is still alive."

"But what did he offer Kre'fey? He was never made Supreme Commander."

Zonama Sekot and the YV and Jacen killed Kre?fey instead on Maligs wish
    Klorne was smart not to accept it - she might not have fared better

"Hm?" The woman looked up at him as though waking from a deep thought. "Oh," she said, her eyes darting back down at the datapad in her hand and began thumbing the controls. "There is this. We have not heard from the flotilla stationed at Zonama Sekot for at least three months. They missed their bimonthly report and we've been unable to reach them. It must be some sort of communications problem."

Right - what not exists anymore can?t communicate nor report - not even bimonthly :p

He glimpsed it only for an instant before his green-armored interceptor was jerked violently off course and sent spiraling into the carnage. A blur of rubble peppered his cockpit's canopy, gouging long scratches and webbed pits into the transparisteel blister between Kyp and the angry abyss beyond. It drummed against the craft's stubby wings, sending low vibrations through the already powerfully quaking craft while a screech came from the astromech droid socketed on the starboard side when a whirling piece of metal debris split its dome open in a shower of white sparks.

What happened with his shields that should prevent major damage of some impacts [face_worried]

The last thought Kyp Durron had as he clung to consciousness was a terrifying one.

Zonama Sekot was gone.

Kyp Durron unconscious + hell of a system with debris and crashing planets and moons + no astromech to take over = not good outcome [face_worried]

Did you just kill him in not so many words?! :eek:
  10. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    MrMuse: first!

Nicely done =D=

Niiice chapter, .

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

And thanks for reading and replying.

GMK: SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job =D=

Brilliant senate scene. Loved every minute of it.

Thanks, that's good to hear [face_blush] I'm always afraid these scenes will seem boring.

Rodan is feeling his just rewards coming to him now. He must have seen the end to the story was was blown away by what happened that he knows what's coming to him

[face_laugh]

The walls are definitely closing in around him. I think he knows his fate will not be good no matter how this turns out.

Poor Zonama Sekot. And poor Kyp. I hope Kyp survives, cos I doubt that Sekot is alive at this point.

It's hard to say. I don't think Jacen and Malig planned to kill it... at least, that's not what Malig said he wanted it for [face_thinking] I guess we'll have to wait and see. Same with Kyp...

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Rohan: 3RD!!!

Not bad ;)

Wow, I almost feel sorry for Rodan. And I HATE Rodan!

I don't think it's that weird. Yeah, he did some slimey things, but I think it's easy to see how a good person could get sucked into it all.

Zonama Sekot is gone!?! Why!?!

Will be explained in Chapter 11 [face_whistling]

That's pretty much my first reaction.
    Poor Kyp. The thought was too horrible to live with. Why couldn't it have been Spongebob!?!

I'm saving the Spongebob revelation for when Malig takes off his mask [face_mischief]

Goddess_At_Heart: Okay I'm a little behind! I'm sorry, I just got out of school for the summer and I had all kinds of left over work to do but you get the idea, !

No need to apologize. It's a busy time of year and there's no rush on replying. I appreciate it whenever you can do it :) Hope you've got some time to enjoy summer!

Okay don't have a lot of time but I want to say one thing.
    Han. Solo. Is. Awesome!

I couldn't agree with you more [face_cowboy]

Okay that is out of my system
    Awesome job!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Friday!Friday!Friday!

Yep. Chapter 9 should be ready to go then.

FORCEBlLADE: Ahh Rodan, please let it be a horrifyig and painful end for you.

[face_laugh]

Still not feeling sorry for him, huh? :p It does seem very likely he'll die in some horrible way. He outlined how pretty much everyone in the galaxy will want to kill him when he's finally exposed.

Magnuskn: <headdesk>
    If that is the general level of competence this little cabal exhibits, they'll probably end up being discovered when they blab about their conspiracy on an open connection on the holonet. Don't they have any talent at putting things together? Ar'krai + Yuuzhan Vong + Zonama Sekot = ???.

[face_laugh]

Give them a minute. I can almost see the hamster starting to stroll on the wheel... :p

Good to see that the Galactic Senate still plays a role in your version of the EU, not like the non-existant entity over in FotJ.

Don't worry, Daala's got things under control there 8-} The Senate is no longer needed.

Good chapter.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

Rohan: and 7th!

You're on a roll :p

So, Sekot's gone? For real?

It looks that way, unless Kyp just didn't see it and something else was going on to throw the system into chaos?

Are we going back to Dathomir for the next chapter? Why am I asking all these questions? And if not Dathomir, are we going to see *looks around nervously* Him?

We'll see both Dathomir and Him soon. I'm not saying when or in what order :p But when we see Him again it will be complete with more Namtar flashbacks ;)

11. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
  12. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    hmmm.... good chapter. i like Fyor Rodan as a character even though (or maybe because) he's evil. the though process was well written and i like how Fyor is always looking out for Number 1 (Himself).

hmmm... what is Kyp gonna do??? he's in a bad place and the odds dont look good.

anyway... update soon... I hope we get Havok and Danni Quee scenes soon.

regards
    Shahid
  13. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    Great chapter Yoda...the senate scene was brilliant and i like Rodan more every time we see him...you can still see his desire for self preservation in some of what he says but he seems to have realised that the Rathians are not good for the GA.

On the subject of Maichen is she related to Malig by any chance!?

Anyway looking forward to the next chapter
  14. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You already killed Kyp once, you can't do it again. Or can you...[face_thinking]
  15. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That actually helped a lot to refresh my memory of the political landscape of the fic. Depending upon what he does - or doesn't - decide to do, Rodan has the potential to to be a pivotal factor in the outcome of this conflict. The guy is morally ambiguous at best; but that is still better than many characters might be in his position.

If anybody has the ability to survive and return with news of Zenoma, Kyp Durron can.
  16. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Great stuff YK. Love the politics bits as always :D
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    TSF: Thanks for reading and replying :D

shahid_chestro: hmmm.... good chapter.

i like Fyor Rodan as a character even though (or maybe because) he's evil.

That's kind of why I like him too :p

the though process was well written and i like how Fyor is always looking out for Number 1 (Himself).

Yeah, it's all about self-preservation for him, as unlikely as it is that he'll survive this :p

hmmm... what is Kyp gonna do??? he's in a bad place and the odds dont look good.

Yeah, the entire system is in disarray. Hopefully he'll be able to get out of there before it's too late [face_worried]

anyway... update soon... I hope we get Havok and Danni Quee scenes soon.

It won't be long now.

Diamond: Great chapter Yoda...

Thank you!

the senate scene was brilliant and i like Rodan more every time we see him...

He grows on you... like a tumor :p

you can still see his desire for self preservation in some of what he says but he seems to have realised that the Rathians are not good for the GA.

I think that's mostly true. He realizes that what would be best is the removal of the Raithians as long as the Jedi and the GA don't find out about his dealings...

On the subject of Maichen is she related to Malig by any chance!?

That's an interesting idea [face_thinking] It would be quite a coincidence, but not impossible. We'll be finding out more about Malig's family soon though. There's a lot more to that story [face_mischief]

Anyway looking forward to the next chapter

Glad to hear it. It should be up on Friday.

Rohan: You already killed Kyp once, you can't do it again. Or can you...

When did I kill Kyp? [face_thinking] Not ringing any bells. Or was it a death fake-out?

L0B0: That actually helped a lot to refresh my memory of the political landscape of the fic.

That's good to hear. I add the backstory stuff as reminders and hopefully so new readers can follow along with the story. I find it very difficult to insert into these early chapters a lot of times, so it's nice to know it's working :)

Depending upon what he does - or doesn't - decide to do, Rodan has the potential to to be a pivotal factor in the outcome of this conflict.

I think he certainly will be... one way or another.

The guy is morally ambiguous at best; but that is still better than many characters might be in his position.

I think having to shoot Cal Omas back in the Age of Heroes was a big wake up call for him. He knows he's in way over his head at this point.

If anybody has the ability to survive and return with news of Zenoma, Kyp Durron can.

He's made it out of destroyed star systems before... of course, he's the one that destroyed those systems, but still :p

Spike: Great stuff YK.

Thanks!

Love the politics bits as always

Glad to hear it, I'm always afraid that stuff will end up being boring.

Next post we'll be going back to Dathomir to see what happens with Jaina and the Nightsisters. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Anakin and Tahiri make an appearance either [face_whistling]
  18. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It was a death fake-out back in EIGHTH CORTEX. It nearly brought me to tears.:_|
  19. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Oh yeah, that was a good one [face_mischief]

:p

New post tomorrow :)
  20. DemonzNMySleep Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice. A lot more subtle. =D=
  21. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You are a sick...a sick, uh, thing! I spit on you! [face_devil]
    But I still want the next post.[face_praying]
  22. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    DemonzNMySleep: Nice. A lot more subtle.

Glad you liked that one :p

Rohan: You are a sick...a sick, uh, thing! I spit on you!

That's not even the first time I've heard that today :p

But I still want the next post.

Comin' up in a few [face_peace]
  23. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 9: Nightsisters

The fog had melted from the forest floor as the morning hours dwindled, and by late afternoon many of the clouds had drifted Southward in gauzy runners, allowing the sunshine to peer through for the first time that day. Leaf-filtered shafts of light punctured the canopy suspended above the Nightsisters' camp by towering trees and arching branches feathered in green foliage, shading most of the modest ground below and allowing only glimmers to dapple the grasses in riddled, golden patches.

The prisoners sat near the edge of the camp with their wrists bound in knotted vines so toughened and sinewy they might have been forged of durasteel. They were surrounded by trees skinned in ashen bark and a dozen Nightsisters brandishing staffs, blades, and even bows. At their backs was the camp itself, dotted by tents constructed of rickety limbs and leather flaps planted where much of the grass had been flatted or worn away by constant boot tread, leaving large patches of dirt and decaying leaves to make up the floor.

Beyond the camp, the rancors stood hunched over as the youngest of the Witches emptied traps that had been strung along the outskirts and fed the giant creatures. It was a monstrous display, their teeth chomping grotesquely through a variety of dead animals, ripping flesh and crunching bones with sickening ease, and leaving long, lurid strings of drool to dangle from their horrible jaws.

Jaina Solo averted her gaze from the spectacle, trying hard to exude confidence instead of the flustered unease she knew her captors were attempting to coax. She was seated cross-legged on the ground with Tenel Ka and Wrev on either side of her, and Alema, Lowbacca, and Kirana Ti spread out behind her. The lightsabers the team had been divested of were tethered from a rack of thorn-studded branches by cords of coiled bramble more than ten meters from the prisoners on the opposite side of the camp, twisting in the chilled breeze as though they were trophies of battle the Nightsisters were proudly displaying.

Despite all of this, Jaina was fairly confident she could retrieve her lightsaber, slash through her bindings, free her friends, and take control of the camp by force in a matter of minutes. Half of the Nightsisters encircling them were weaving spells to keep the prisoners from calling on the Force, but Jaina felt certain she was strong enough in the Great Energy to overpower them when the time came. The rancors hunkered at each edge of the camp did give the Jedi Knight pause?there were six of them. One or two would have been challenging enough, but six of them would be a chance cube roll, even for an equal number of Jedi. Still, if worse came to worst, they would be capable of fleeing through the forest to escape the ferocious creatures.

There were two reasons why Jaina did not do this: first, the blaster marks she'd seen scorched through the bodies and tents at the Singing Mountain Clan's ravaged camp, and second, the quiet specter of fear emanating from these women that they were trying so hard to mask. The only blasters she'd seen in the Nightsisters' camp were the three they had confiscated from Jaina, Alema, and Wrev. And the Witches were certainly afraid of something...

Both of these mysteries told Jaina there was more going on than met the eye, and she would wait patiently until she was sure of just what was really happening before taking action. The young woman had a feeling that if she drew her lightsaber now, she might never find out.

A lissome figure emerged from the heart of the camp and marched toward the prisoners. Most of her straight black hair was tied in a tight bulb above the base of her skull while the rest swept down the sides of her stern face. She wore sleeveless black leather armor and gloves of the same color that made her pale white skin appear so bloodless she might have dwelled in Coruscant's underlevels instead of the teeming forest. When she stepped into a shimmer of sunlight that slanted through the mesh of crossed limbs a
  24. Darth_Dreadwar Force Ghost

star 5
    First!

Wow, great chapter, Yobi! You continue to excel as always! The last bit was GOLD! Really epic. The middle part was wonderful! And that bit where that something happened? Incredible!

:p [face_laugh] Sorry, I just had to do that...

Time for the proper review now... :p

Edit: Ilandra Grim was cool. :cool: [face_laugh]

@ Tahiri and Anakin. Ouch. In a way it wasn't as awkward as it could have been, and despite all the grimacing and wincing they're back to telling jokes I think.

And Malig has more of a plan for the Witches than more recruits in a dark side army, I think. I wonder if anything of the Star Temples and the Infinity Gate are left, and if they are if Malig is interested or knows of the superweapon that can destroy planets from lightyears away... [face_thinking] It could come in handy. :p

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter! :D
  25. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    And when you think things just can't get any worse. Not only are Jedi on Dathomir with Nightsisters, but then Sith arrive, and then to make things worse, Faybol, the "Shadow Hand" arrives. Doesn't that just make their day any better?

Well done, Yobi. Great chapter. Little bit by little bit it slowly got more epic and drawn out. Pity about Tahiri and Anakin though. Maybe you should just stick them in a room together and have them sort out their feelings for one another...eh?

@ Wrev Caster: loved the sarcastic comments. Made my day.

Taking the nightsisters though brings up an intriguing idea. Is his superweapon he is building much like the Star Forge in practice? I mean, it is a giant factory, and as far as i remember, i may need to recheck this with what you said in your last fic, but if it runs on the Force, then i assume, like the Star Forge, it will drain force users of their power. Good way to get rid of nightsisters.

And i am guessing the rancors can be used to aid in building it. given their size.

Good chapter. Hope to see more soon.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade