main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! Great jokes, and I can't wait to see Faybol in action. Are any of his sidekicks left?

2. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, Tahiri and Anakin clearly need a good time to talk their feelings out... I hope you are giving them that later on.

But for now, this seems like a perfect set-up for a good action scene. I wonder how Tahiri and Faybol will interact. :p

BTW, did you describe how her hair is looking now? I assume it's back to being longer?

And, btw., now that Wrev isn't as hung up about Jaina anymore, he is much more fun. [face_peace]

Good chapter! :)

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 9: Nightsisters

The fog had melted from the forest floor as the morning hours dwindled, and by late afternoon many of the clouds had drifted Southward in gauzy runners, allowing the sunshine to peer through for the first time that day. Leaf-filtered shafts of light punctured the canopy suspended above the Nightsisters' camp by towering trees and arching branches feathered in green foliage, shading most of the modest ground below and allowing only glimmers to dapple the grasses in riddled, golden patches.

That is such a wonderful description ... just amazing

Despite all of this, Jaina was fairly confident she could retrieve her lightsaber, slash through her bindings, free her friends, and take control of the camp by force in a matter of minutes. Half of the Nightsisters encircling them were weaving spells to keep the prisoners from calling on the Force, but Jaina felt certain she was strong enough in the Great Energy to overpower them when the time came. The rancors hunkered at each edge of the camp did give the Jedi Knight pause?there were six of them. One or two would have been challenging enough, but six of them would be a chance cube roll, even for an equal number of Jedi. Still, if worse came to worst, they would be capable of fleeing through the forest to escape the ferocious creatures.

She is very confident, isn?t she?

There were two reasons why Jaina did not do this: first, the blaster marks she'd seen scorched through the bodies and tents at the Singing Mountain Clan's ravaged camp, and second, the quiet specter of fear emanating from these women that they were trying so hard to mask. The only blasters she'd seen in the Nightsisters' camp were the three they had confiscated from Jaina, Alema, and Wrev. And the Witches were certainly afraid of something...

Those days they are all afraid of the same thing ... the Raithians ... :/

"The Singing Mountain Clan is no more," the other woman glowered. "Thanks to you and your friends, traitor, we are all that remains. All of Dathomir belongs to us now."

That?s not good at all [face_worried]

"We have nothing to hide," Tenel Ka explained diplomatically. "We will answer your questions."

"Good. Where are your armies now?"

Tenel Ka exchanged a look of bewilderment with Jaina before turning back to the Nightsister and answering.

Looks like they didn?t expect such kind of question :p

The Nightsister's face fell in an expression of cold hatred as she stared down at the Jedi. "Do you believe me a fool?"

"Is that a trick question?" Wrev asked, unable to resist.

ROFLMAO [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wrev looked over to Jaina. "I don't know about you, but this is actually starting to sound pretty good to me."

The boy is nutters :p 8-}

"What are you doing here?" Anakin asked, not rising from where he was crouched.

"Oh, there's a fine greeting for you," Tahiri Veila bristled as she stepped past the trees and continued toward him. "You sure know how to make a girl feel welcome, Anakin. How about?'oh, hello, Tahiri. It's great to see you again. How are you doing today? I've missed you the last couple weeks. Is that a new combat suit? It really brings out the green in your eyes'?something like that."

LOL she is funny :p
    Too bad they grow apart :( :(

Tahiri nodded. "And the rancors?"

"I hadn't gotten that far yet," he said, turning to her and offering a lopsided grin. "I was thinking we could just improvise."

She didn't smile back, but Anakin could see a glint of amusement in her jade eyes for the first time. "Sounds good. You charge in and do something heroic?I'll practice getting eaten."

8-} haha

"Stop!" the petite young Jedi ordered. Even the Nightsisters who were still standing paused to stare at the woman calling a halt to the attack while some of their sisters pushed their way shakily back to their feet. "They're not our enemies, Anakin. I don't think they're going to be a problem."

Riiiight ... but the most friendly ones they are neither

"Abandon a tribe

4. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    wow!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'll post more when I'm not in:eek:

5. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    Wow. Excellent chapter!

Wrev cracks me up. He is really growing on me more and more.

Also, it's nice to see a cocky Alema and not a crazy, insane Alema.

Some great interactions throughout, but the high point has to be Faybol's appearance. Can't wait to see how this works out.

Are we continuing where we left off next week?

6. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Dathomir seems to agree with Wrev....you should definitely find him a good Dathomir woman to hook up with there. :p The possiblities are endless!

Jaina is just awesome in this fic! :cool:

Anakin & Tahiri need to have a long talk. :( Then kiss and make-up.[face_love]

Now....

I'm just waiting for Jag to show up. [face_batting] [:D]

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Poor Anakin--he will have perhaps the most difficult journey of all in this fic. He has to make amends both with Tahiri and Jacen--neither one of those is going to be easy, for both harbor some quite justifiable enmity toward him. (Granted, that enmity exhibits itself in vastly different forms for Tahiri and for Jacen, but it's still going to be a steep, uphill climb for Anakin nevertheless.)

8. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Wow... some one's a little nuts, and it's either Ilandra or Anakin. I can't decide which.

Tahiri and Anakin need to spend some remote time alone ;) if you get my meaning.

Great update, can't wait for the next one.

9. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Still alive, still reading... and loving it. :)

Well, at least Anakin and Tahiri are able to talk to each other without the latter trying to cut his head off, which is, I think, how any attempt by Anakin to make peace with Jacen is going to go.

I'll bet Tahiri wasn't counting on running into Faybol so soon after removing her hold over him. It might have come in slightly handy here.

Great update, Yoda.

10. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    ooo this gets better and better. I love the slightly comedic banter between the Jedi as they work together and it is great to see Anakin and Tahiri working together again.

Looking forward to the next !!

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Dreadwar: First!

Congrats =D=

Wow, great chapter, Yobi! You continue to excel as always! The last bit was GOLD! Really epic. The middle part was wonderful! And that bit where that something happened? Incredible!

[face_laugh]

Glad you liked it :p

Sorry, I just had to do that...
    Time for the proper review now...
    Edit: Ilandra Grim was cool.

"Cold" might be a better way of putting it 8-}

@ Tahiri and Anakin. Ouch. In a way it wasn't as awkward as it could have been, and despite all the grimacing and wincing they're back to telling jokes I think.

Yeah, they don't hate each other's guts or anything, but there's a lot of distance there...

And Malig has more of a plan for the Witches than more recruits in a dark side army, I think.

I think so too [face_mischief]

I wonder if anything of the Star Temples and the Infinity Gate are left, and if they are if Malig is interested or knows of the superweapon that can destroy planets from lightyears away... It could come in handy.

Well, we know that Malig already possesses a couple Hypergates, though they can't be used as super weapons as far as I know. Could be some connection there... Anyway, it's a good thought given the location of the story right now [face_thinking]

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

Phoenix: And when you think things just can't get any worse. Not only are Jedi on Dathomir with Nightsisters, but then Sith arrive, and then to make things worse, Faybol, the "Shadow Hand" arrives. Doesn't that just make their day any better?

Don't forget about the rancors! It's always a party when you vacation on Dathomir [face_dancing]

Well done, Yobi. Great chapter.

Little bit by little bit it slowly got more epic and drawn out. Pity about Tahiri and Anakin though. Maybe you should just stick them in a room together and have them sort out their feelings for one another...eh?

Umm... have you been reading my notes? [face_worried]

There may come a point where Anakin and Tahiri are stuck somewhere together... that's all I'm saying :p

@ Wrev Caster: loved the sarcastic comments. Made my day.

Glad to hear it! :cool:

Taking the nightsisters though brings up an intriguing idea. Is his superweapon he is building much like the Star Forge in practice? I mean, it is a giant factory, and as far as i remember, i may need to recheck this with what you said in your last fic, but if it runs on the Force, then i assume, like the Star Forge, it will drain force users of their power. Good way to get rid of nightsisters.

All I can say is that you are on a roll today, my friend. I like this theory a lot [face_whistling]

And i am guessing the rancors can be used to aid in building it. given their size.

There Raithians certainly have an interest in the rancors. It might be awhile before we see why, but it'll come out eventually.

Good chapter. Hope to see more soon.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying! :D

G__Anakin: Great job!

Thank you :)

Great jokes, and I can't wait to see Faybol in action. Are any of his sidekicks left?

Faybol still has 3 Kurols left, yes. We don't know if they're with him or not, as it wasn't mentioned, but most times they're not far [face_thinking]

Thanks for reading and replying :D Glad you liked the jokes!

Magnuskn: Well, Tahiri and Anakin clearly need a good time to talk their feelings out... I hope you are giving them that later on.

Tahiri and Anakin will have lots of oppurtunities to work things out in this story. Whether it actually happens or not is another question.

But for now, this seems like a perfect set-up for a good action scene. I wonder how Tahiri and Faybol will interact.

That's a great question. I wonder how confident she is in that decis

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I think Ilandra is very grim.

*badoom tish*

13. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    You know, I should probably be pondering the strategic ramifications of the Raithian incursion of Dathomir and examining a tactical approach to ambushing Faybol right about now...

...but all I can think about is the dismal tension lukring just beneath the surface between Tahiri and Anakin. That really sucks. I don't expect them to reconcile - how could they? - but seeing them together like this with no hope of ever being truly happy again is depressing.

14. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, of course. But I am happy that they'll have time to talk. The last fic had me get some "action-fatigue" at the end, so I hope this one leaves more time for character development.

Heh, I wonder how he will react to her. I expect nothing short of exemplary behaviour from Tahiri. :p

Good to know. :)

Tell me about it. <sigh> Well, I found some new joy in Star Wars: Legacy, but you see...

I hope SW:TOR will be as excellent as it seems to be at this moment, so that I'll get a few new characters to cheer for and care about. :(

Well, now he always has the option to run off to Dathomir. :p

15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    No kidding, that pic of Anakin looks like my brother. So as a result, I sort of get my brother's face in mind whenever I read about Anakin Solo. It's...weird. :p

The thing I miss the most about the first half of NJO are the discussions between Anakin and Jacen on the nature of the Force. Yeah, they were sort of rivals and disagreed frequently, but it always seemed like they were on a dual journey together to discover the true nature of the Force. It was very sad when that was dropped with Anakin's departure in SbS.
    :(

Really now? He's keeping her at a distance? I hadn't noticed that--I thought it was the other way around. It doesn't really look like he's intentionally keeping himself aloof from her. I wonder why he is doing so? [face_thinking]

16. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Nah, I'm alive!:p The Anakin/Tahiri conversation was gold. Just gold. So the Nightsisters weren't going to kill them intentionally. Well, they were, but they, uh!:mad: You know what I mean![face_shame_on_you] Wrev Caster is officially one of my favorite characters![face_dancing] I literally had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard![face_laugh] :_| *Runs toward the Raithans screaming* Ah! The Raithans are coming! The Raithans are... *bumps into a Raithan* Uh oh. *tweeks the Raithan's nose, then runs away* Seeya, suckas! Hahaha--Oof! *bumps into a tree*

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spike: I think Ilandra is very grim.
    *badoom tish*

You know, I originally had written Alema replying to Ilandra telling them her name with "It suits you," but I cut it out because it seemed a bit too much :p Glad you made the bad joke for me.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

L0B0: You know, I should probably be pondering the strategic ramifications of the Raithian incursion of Dathomir and examining a tactical approach to ambushing Faybol right about now...
    ...but all I can think about is the dismal tension lukring just beneath the surface between Tahiri and Anakin. That really sucks. I don't expect them to reconcile - how could they? - but seeing them together like this with no hope of ever being truly happy again is depressing.

I'm not convinced things are that hopeless yet, but it will certainly be an uphill battle. I actually thought Tahiri seemed pretty cheery despite the gulf between them and was back to being funny and talkative. You never know. They might work it out before the end.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: Well, of course. But I am happy that they'll have time to talk. The last fic had me get some "action-fatigue" at the end, so I hope this one leaves more time for character development.

Hopefully you'll like this one a little better. I think there will definitely be more emotional context on the final conflicts than the ones on Apollyon at the end of LotD.

Heh, I wonder how he will react to her. I expect nothing short of exemplary behaviour from Tahiri.

Good question. I guarantee some of Tahiri's companions are not going to be pleased [face_whistling]

Tell me about it. <sigh> Well, I found some new joy in Star Wars: Legacy, but you see...

I hope SW:TOR will be as excellent as it seems to be at this moment, so that I'll get a few new characters to cheer for and care about.

I'm still on the fence about TOR [face_thinking] I'm not crazy about the art direction for the actual game (though the trailers have certainly been stunning) or the choices they've made with the designs, making everything look like the Clone Wars. But Bioware has always knocked my socks off in the past and I'm sure the game itself will be a blast no matter what sort of problems it might cause wedge in continuity wise.

I won't be playing it though since I don't play MMOs. I know that with my obsessive personality, I would end up being one of those people that would get completely absorbed in it and doing nothing but play it all day :(

Well, now he always has the option to run off to Dathomir.

I'm picturing the deleted scene from RotS of Yoda's pod landing on Dagobah, only with Wrev walking out of it a lot happier :p

Rew: No kidding, that pic of Anakin looks like my brother. So as a result, I sort of get my brother's face in mind whenever I read about Anakin Solo. It's...weird.

Is this why you self-identify with Jacen, and if so, how concerned do we need to be for the safety of those around you? :p

The thing I miss the most about the first half of NJO are the discussions between Anakin and Jacen on the nature of the Force. Yeah, they were sort of rivals and disagreed frequently, but it always seemed like they were on a dual journey together to discover the true nature of the Force. It was very sad when that was dropped with Anakin's departure in SbS.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that. Those were some great moments and I would have liked to have seen a more satisfying conclusion to that arc (whether Anakin survived or not).

Really now? He's keeping her at a distance? I hadn't noticed that--I thought it was the other way around. It doesn't really look like he's intentionally keeping himself aloof from her. I wonder why he is doing so?

The full extent of the break between them hasn't been shown yet. There's a reason I'm sort of witholding their actual reunion scene for a flashback later. But in short?the probl

18. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    WHY!?!:_| Why do you have to go!?!!:_| Enjoy your trip! Hasta le vista! Adios! Aloha! *Pulls out a Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon* Say hello to my little..I mean big friend![face_devil] *Lets lose a barrage of blaster fire*

19. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Awesome I'm only a few days late this time! I'm geting so much better at checking my PM's! :p

Anakin! he's like Batman but cooler :cool: ,Tahiri! I think she needs to do major flirtation on buddyboy Anakin, that way they could get back together! [face_love]

Nightsisters, Raithans AND Faybol. :eek: Umm...I don't think I have a comment about that one.:rolleyes:

Wrev, oh how complety funnily stupid you are! [face_laugh] I like him!

Have fun on you're trip! [face_peace]

20. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Awesome job with everything, Yobi :) Two years of catching up really takes its tolls haha, but be sure to put me back on the PM list [face_peace]

21. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Over the past week I've been re-reading your ending to NJO and I have to say that in the "Duel of Fates" chapter, I had the "Duel of the Fates" tune on replay.;) Also, whenever the Jedi are fighting the Vong, when they have to duck to avoid being hit, I just think that would look awesome with some slow-motion scenes, if they ever decided to make NJO a TV series and use your alternate ending.[face_dancing]

22. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    This is my 1000th post on the TFN forums. Not a great number for so many years, but I haven't always been as prolific as now. :p

Good. Knowing that a whole lots of dead people will be in this fic, I am satisfied that there will probably be time for extended reactions to their demises by the other characters. :_|

I don't mind the Clone Wars look. I wasn't really too impressed with the designs back in KOTOR originally, so making it look like the slicker more recent stuff is good in my book. A completely new look or the throwback look of the Tales of the Jedi comics wouldn't have worked for me, so I am fine.

Well, even if I were one to say "no" to MMO's, I'd at least buy it to level the eight classes through their class stories. :p

That pod would have to be a gift from Jaina for Wrevs birthday. [face_laugh]

23. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    wait, did Tahiri get an abortion or a hysterectomy?

Is Callista alive?

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Rohan:WHY!?! Why do you have to go!?!!

Not entirely up to me this time :p

Enjoy your trip!

I'll try, thanks :)

Hasta le vista! Adios! Aloha! *Pulls out a Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon* Say hello to my little..I mean big friend! *Lets lose a barrage of blaster fire*

:eek:

*ducks*

Glad to see you're taking this so well, Rohan :p

Goddess_At_Heart: Awesome I'm only a few days late this time! I'm geting so much better at checking my PM's!

You're not late at all :p

Anakin! he's like Batman but cooler

So he's Iron Man? :p

Kidding, kidding, Batman's cooler than Iron Man :p

,Tahiri! I think she needs to do major flirtation on buddyboy Anakin, that way they could get back together!

Hopefully they'll get their troubles worked out one way or the other. They'll be spending a lot of time together in this fic, so the oppurtunity will be there.

Nightsisters, Raithans AND Faybol. Umm...I don't think I have a comment about that one.

Yep, sounds like a party :p

Wrev, oh how complety funnily stupid you are! I like him!

I think the Wrev fanclub is growing :cool: Even Magnuskn only wants to maroon him now :p

Have fun on you're trip!

Thank you, and thanks for reading and replying :D

zonzo: Awesome job with everything, Yobi

Thanks! Good to have you back :)

Two years of catching up really takes its tolls haha, but be sure to put me back on the PM list

Will do. It is a lot of reading to do. Thanks for trudging through it all. And thanks for replying too :D

Rohan: Over the past week I've been re-reading your ending to NJO and I have to say that in the "Duel of Fates" chapter, I had the "Duel of the Fates" tune on replay.

Yeah, that was pretty much the musical cue :p

Also, whenever the Jedi are fighting the Vong, when they have to duck to avoid being hit, I just think that would look awesome with some slow-motion scenes, if they ever decided to make NJO a TV series and use your alternate ending.

Pretty much the way I picture it too. Like when Jango Fett's cable wraps around Obi-Wan's hand in AotC, stopping him from getting ahold of his lightsaber 8-}

Magnuskn: This is my 1000th post on the TFN forums. Not a great number for so many years, but I haven't always been as prolific as now.

Awesome [face_appluase] Congratulations! I'm honored you've chosen this thread to make it in!

Good. Knowing that a whole lots of dead people will be in this fic, I am satisfied that there will probably be time for extended reactions to their demises by the other characters.

Yeah, there won't be many people getting the Kenth Hamner treatment in this one. With the exception of some of the end, most of the characters will be properly mourned and we'll get to see the toll it takes on the survivors.

I don't mind the Clone Wars look. I wasn't really too impressed with the designs back in KOTOR originally, so making it look like the slicker more recent stuff is good in my book. A completely new look or the throwback look of the Tales of the Jedi comics wouldn't have worked for me, so I am fine.

I was unsure of some of the stuff in KotoR too, but it ended up looking great to me.

Well, even if I were one to say "no" to MMO's, I'd at least buy it to level the eight classes through their class stories.

How long does that usually take? :p

That pod would have to be a gift from Jaina for Wrevs birthday.

And pushing the eject button is Jag's present :p

DARTH_MU: wait, did Tahiri get an abortion or a hysterectomy?

... What? She had a sort of brain operation involving a Yuuzhan Vong "vaa tumor" to undo all the tinkering with her brain that Harrow and Faybol did in the last fic. Nothing else was done to her, definitely nothing below the neck.

Is Callista alive?

Yes, we'll be seeing her

25. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    What, you actually type those emoticons out? :p And of course I am going to post it in here, it's the least I can give back for your great fiction. :)

Hm, one would think that the end would be the place where there is actually more time to mourn extensively... [face_thinking]

It was mostly the Republic side which seemed to have all-silly uniforms. So I am quite happy with Republic soldiers getting bad-ass armor.

200 hours. Per class. That probably includes running around and collecting 10 bantha poodoos and shooting people up, but it also includes the story. Additionally you can also do group quests.

Yeah, it's a big, big project. The sheer scope of it makes the mind boggle. [face_hypnotized]

[face_laugh] I'd say there's something from Alema ( btw, where did that little thread go... I thought she liked Wrev? ), but she probably won't like the idea of sending Wrev to Dathomir.

Happy weekend to you, too. :)

26. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: What, you actually type those emoticons out? And of course I am going to post it in here, it's the least I can give back for your great fiction.

Hey, you can get more than 10 of the same emoticon if you type out the words instead of using the short code. [face_not_talking] But truthfully, Inever bothered to learn the applause one because I don't use it that often :p

Hm, one would think that the end would be the place where there is actually more time to mourn extensively...

Yeah, that would make more sense [face_thinking] But you're assuming there's going to be anyone left to mourn at the end :p

It was mostly the Republic side which seemed to have all-silly uniforms. So I am quite happy with Republic soldiers getting bad-ass armor.

I just took that as them trying to be consistent with the OT, where the good guys (the Rebels) looked rediculous on Tantive IV, and honestly, in pretty much every other fight too :p Those helmets in ANH were hilarious.

200 hours. Per class. That probably includes running around and collecting 10 bantha poodoos and shooting people up, but it also includes the story. Additionally you can also do group quests.
    Yeah, it's a big, big project. The sheer scope of it makes the mind boggle.

I'm tempted... been considering buying a new PC too. Mines only about 3 years old, but I need more HD space. That's really cheap of course, but it has me considering just buying a new one :p

I'd say there's something from Alema ( btw, where did that little thread go... I thought she liked Wrev? ), but she probably won't like the idea of sending Wrev to Dathomir.

Alema likes everyone :p I think she and Wrev are just friends. A part of me thinks putting Alema in an actual relationship would ruin her charm 8-}

New post on Friday :) We'll be catching up with Jag, and seeing others like Luke, Mara, Thrawn, Pellaeon, and Kyle Katarn.