main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I would not recommend that, to be honest. Making such a definite epilogue would make it very constricting to write a sequel, in case you ever do get a hankering to add another story. Better to not constrain yourself such.

That's true, though I really don't think I'm going to continue after this one.

And while I am a bit sad to see you making such a definite statement that you won't continue this timeline of yours after the series ends, it's at least good to know that the characters may know some peace. Your writing has gotten quite dark over time, my friend.

This one is worse in that respect, I'm afraid, but there are some happy moments too, I think, and maybe even a happy ending. Who knows :p

Hah, that should be nice. Hoping for a visit to the Legacy timeline is probably too much to ask, since you already stated that you don't like it as much as I do, right?

I actually like the timeline a lot, enjoy the overall story and all the different factions, I just don't feel much attachment to the characters.

Your output of one chapter per week is nothing short of astonishing, compared to the other fanfiction writers I know. Two were just a bit much to ask from you.

Maybe once I get some momentum going and have a significant chunk of this story done I can take another crack at it. We'll see.

FORCEBlLADE: Good to see you again! :D

Exciting opening, very exciting.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

And thanks for reading and replying, as always [face_peace]

New post tomorrow, with a POV I don't think I've ever used before... I hope you guys like it :)

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Instant win, YK. Though I bet the confrontation between them when Sidious was alive went very differently :p

3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Great opening, it reminded me a lot of the RoTS book, where both the Anakin vs Obi-wan and yoda vs sidious fight are described. The Yoda and Sidious fight is Light vs Dark, hopefully this time light will "have it".

It is interesting that if Anakin Skywalker is the light, that the dark and light "super beings" were not around at the same time to really go toe to toe. Maybe a cameo of ghost Anakin Skywalker?

Add me too the PM list again, please

4. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    You never when the story bug comes to bite you. :p

Yeah, I figured as much. Well, we'll see if its heroic sacrifices all around or bleak hopelessness. If we are going to get dark stories, I hope its the former.

Hm, interesting. I don't want to derail further, so I'm not going to press on the "why"'s of that. Just expect some cheerleading from me in regards to that time-travel fic I championed a few months ago, when you get to the end of this story. ;)

5. DarthJuanakin

DarthJuanakin Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2008
    Wow, amazing start. It was definately creepy and I cant believe you actually made me feel bad for Palpy. I have a feeling that Palpy may be Malig's father or created him the way Anakin Skywalker was created of the force.

Heres to Jacen totally Pwning Malig and becoming the true Dark Lord of the Sith.

great start and I cant wait for the next chapter.

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spike: Good to see you! :D

Instant win, YK.

Though I bet the confrontation between them when Sidious was alive went very differently

I think you're right. As has been hinted at previously, SPOILER: Malig got his ass handed to him. :p

Glad to have you along for another story! :D

Talon_Kenobi: Great opening, it reminded me a lot of the RoTS book, where both the Anakin vs Obi-wan and yoda vs sidious fight are described. The Yoda and Sidious fight is Light vs Dark, hopefully this time light will "have it".

Yeah, that's a good comparison. Yoda felt that the Light wasn't enough :(

It is interesting that if Anakin Skywalker is the light, that the dark and light "super beings" were not around at the same time to really go toe to toe.

This is exactly the sort of question I think you should be asking. If they are sort of "two sides of the same coin" why were they born many years apart and never even came face to face?

Maybe a cameo of ghost Anakin Skywalker?

I think someone else has been theorizing about this as a possibility. I can't say one way or another :p

Add me too the PM list again, please

Will do :) Thanks again for reading and replying to yet another of my stories.

Magnuskn: You never when the story bug comes to bite you.

This is true. I really didn't want to write Blood Trail :p

Yeah, I figured as much. Well, we'll see if its heroic sacrifices all around or bleak hopelessness. If we are going to get dark stories, I hope its the former.

Chapter 6 is really happy. That's not too far off :p

Hm, interesting. I don't want to derail further, so I'm not going to press on the "why"'s of that.

I'm not really sure. I think it might be the format. I haven't really read comics since I was a kid and maybe I'm just having trouble getting invested in characters in 22 pages. I try and read several issues at once to rectify this but it hasn't worked.

Just expect some cheerleading from me in regards to that time-travel fic I championed a few months ago, when you get to the end of this story.

Hopefully I'll have something similar up and running by that time :D

DarthJuanakin: Wow, amazing start. It was definately creepy and I cant believe you actually made me feel bad for Palpy.

I don't think anyone has ever felt sorry for that dude :p

I have a feeling that Palpy may be Malig's father or created him the way Anakin Skywalker was created of the force.

I really like this idea [face_mischief] You might be on to something.

Heres to Jacen totally Pwning Malig and becoming the true Dark Lord of the Sith.

That would be a surprise [face_thinking] But Malig seems to even acknowledge that he's stronger in the Force, so I suppose that's the inevitable in his mind too.

great start and I cant wait for the next chapter.

Thank you and thanks for reading and replying :D

New post will be up in a few minutes :)

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 1: Arrival

They came in the night.

There was no warning, only a deep rumbling that thundered from the sky peppered by drumbeats of sonic blasts. An old fear seemed to crawl into Helix base, the heartbeats and breaths of those inside collectively stilling as everyone froze in place, listening for clues as to what was happening outside its durasteel walls.

Panic struck and pandemonium would follow, but not at first. First, there was the stillness.

Danni Quee left her steristeel instruments and the Yuuzhan Vong biot she had peeled and half-dissected as it was—blossomed open on the lab table and pinned in place—and wandered out into the corridor. She discovered that she was not alone in investigating, as heads peered furtively out of the hatchways clustered along the gunmetal passage, shooting questioning looks at one another, their eyes more desperate than eager for an explanation.

The woman found herself advancing down the tunnel as if in a trance, a handful of others scattered in front and behind her moving with the same cautious steps. Low murmurs rippled through the passage when another harrowing noise blazed across the night, but Danni halted for only a moment before continuing forward.

Helix base had begun its life as a New Republic frigate, but at the climax of the Yuuzhan Vong War, it had settled on Zonama Sekot when the living planet emerged from its hiding place to aid the Galactic Alliance. The frigate became a convenient base of operations for the conflict, and when the war was over, stayed as the heart of the Yuuzhan Vong village that sprouted around it. It was place of business, the home of the Yuuzhan Vong's tribal government, and Alliance outpost. It also housed the lab in which Danni and a handful of Vong shapers worked to study the sentient world.

Now, however, Helix just seemed small, its passages too narrow and deep. Danni felt a strange suffocating sensation, as though she was trapped...

She could see the streams of pale moonlight shimmering inside from the open hatchway at the end of the corridor and smelled the jungle's cool night air. The rustle of footsteps through vegetation told her that others were outside, but they remained as quiet as those in Helix's tunnels, as though making too much noise would bring on disaster.

Before she had time to consider what was happening, Danni stepped out of the passage and into the moonlight, her boots moving from hard deck plates to Zonama Sekot's soft soil and wind-ruffled grasses. The small clearing around the base was slowly being filled from all sides as Yuuzhan Vong emerged from their huts, minshals, and damuteks, their eyes fixed on the sky above.

Danni followed their gazes. In the black of night, it was difficult to make out much more than white stars mottling the abyss and a wispy veil of coal-colored clouds swirled overhead. But then her emerald eyes caught motion in the starlight—a dark shape slashing through the night.

Then another.

And another.

There was a soft blue glow at the widened rear of the last that might have been mistaken as reflected moonlight, but Danni knew better. Her stomach sank as she spotted more of the ion tails cutting across the clouds.

Starfighters.

Everyone knew there was another war on, that the Galactic Alliance had found an ally in the Unknown Regions called the Raithian Empire, and that a conflict between them and the Jedi had erupted into a galaxy-spanning war that now included the Chiss and the Imperial Remnant. Danni knew this better than anyone. She was still in contact with the Jedi, would receive coded messages from time to time on what was happening, though her old friends in the Order maintained that the best thing she could do to help was continue her work.

But now...

Could the war really have found them out here?

Zonama Sekot's location was a secret known only to those at the highest levels of the Alliance government and those in the military that needed to know. A flotilla of GA warships still maintained a presence around the living planet for its protection, and that of the Yuuzhan Vong, who were by far the most hated and targeted species in the galaxy. The flotilla never sent starfighters down—not like this, not in the dead of night without warning.

Something was happening.

More sonic booms thundered overhead as swarms of dark wedges rocketed across the sky. Larger, boxier craft that might have been troop carriers lumbered over the black horizon while the shadows of warships could be seen looming in the moonlight.

The Yuuzhan Vong's natural apprehension and disdain for technology seemed to ignite old anxieties in the gathering as they too deciphered the nature of the disturbance. Deep, harsh voices clamored in a rising tidal wave of distrust that swept across the clearing, swelling into frightful bellows and crashing in roars of anger. Even in their humbled state, the aliens were unlikely to yield to whatever force was descending from the skies in what many still considered to be "abominations."

"What is it?"

Danni looked over her shoulder at the interruption of the familiar Yuuzhan Vong-accented voice and found Nen Yim standing behind her. The Master Shaper's green-eyed gaze was locked breathlessly skyward, while the tentacles on her large headdress writhed and twitched in a coiled mass of agitation. Just to her right was Nen Yim's adept Uhla, a former Shamed One who looked confused and frightened by the burgeoning commotion.

"I don't know," Danni admitted, turning back to the starfighters screaming overhead.

The clearing was filling with more Yuuzhan Vong, Alliance personnel from Helix, and even a handful of Ferroans—Zonama Sekot's "native" species, which largely lived apart from the Vong in their own villages—all eager to learn what was happening. From the expressions of surprise molded on the faces of the GA employees, many of them military officers and soldiers, Danni gleaned that not even they had been notified of tonight's arrivals.

A trio of the carriers she'd spotted broke through the tree line at the edge of the clearing and came down, snapping stray branches with ominous force as the shrill pitch of their repulsors began to drown out the grumbling, and a billowing cloud of wind and dust blossomed out that sent strands of Danni's blonde hair cascading over her face. She brushed them away with a practiced sweep of one hand and watched as the carriers settled down in their beds of rippling grasses before troops in black armor began to spill from their opened landing ramps.

Alliance troops.

"I don't understand," Nen Yim said, her voice slightly strained as she lifted it above the roar of ships and soldiers. "Why did the flotilla send them down here without telling us? Are we in danger? Has someone else come?"

Danni shook her head, unsure of how to answer as she scanned the mounting chaos for some clue. Orders were being shouted by the soldiers who were all bearing blaster rifles and several Yuuzhan Vong had slipped away to their huts, only to return with amphistaffs and bandoliers filled with thud bugs. Many Yuuzhan Vong weapons were prohibited from being grown on Zonama Sekot as a term of the invaders' surrender, but the Ruling Council had cautiously negotiated a handful of exceptions so that the Vong would be able to defend themselves against one another, and to a lesser extent, keep order.

What caught Danni's eye amidst the discord, however, was the starboard side of one of the troop carriers and the insignia emblazoned in its dark armor.

The sinking feeling she'd felt a moment earlier became a horrible hollowness in the pit of her stomach.

"These ships aren't from the flotilla..." she said softly, staring into the distance. "They're from the Fifth Fleet."

"The Fifth Fleet?" Nen Yim questioned. "What does that mean?"

"It means," Danni replied, taking a breath, "that we're in a lot of trouble."

Of everyone in the military, the secret of Zonama Sekot's location was most closely guarded against the Admiral of the Galactic Alliance Fifth Fleet.

The scientist's pink lips parted to begin explaining this to Nen Yim when her keen eyes caught another detail that stopped her and made her blood run cold. As the Alliance soldiers set about herding up the Yuuzhan Vong in the clearing, Danni spotted wisps of fur peeking out of exposed joints in armor and hints of it beneath their helmets. Then she caught glimpses of the faces masked by tinted visors within those helmets.

Almost all of them were Bothans.

"We've got to get out of here..." Danni said, turning back to the shaper and grabbing her arm.

Nen Yim looked as though she was going to ask for an explanation for a moment, but then nodded and turned, looking for some route of escape. Her gaze fell upon a hulking Yuuzhan Vong who was pushing his way through the gathering and she immediately called out to him.

"Tolok Saa!"

The former warrior turned at the sound of Nen Yim's voice and made a path toward the shaper. Tolok Saa was a member of the vaunted Saa Domain who had been instrumental in the overthrow of the warrior caste at the climax of the Yuuzhan Vong War and now sat upon the Ruling Council. With the former shamed one Ruu, he shared the responsibility of protection and law enforcement in the Yuuzhan Vong settlements.

Like most of the warriors, Tolok Saa stood nearly two-meters tall with impossibly broad shoulders by human standards. His gray flesh was made ropey with mazes of ritual scarring and covered in sharp, curving tattoos that pledged his loyalty to his domain and Yun-Yammka, The Destroyer. In place of the vonduun crab armor that had been the fearsome attire of the warrior caste, Saa was dressed in the simple robeskin of a slave that many had adopted in emulation of the "Jeedai." He had a high, sloped forehead above a noseless face, and the thick brow ridge cast long shadows over his blue-rimmed eyes and the heavy sacs that drooped below them.

Though his hands were empty, there was a very large coufee sheathed at the powerful figure's hip as he closed the distance between them.

"What is happening?" Nen Yim asked.

The former warrior shook his head. "I am unsure," he responded. Tolok Saa's Basic was rough, but Danni had become accustomed to it over the years, as many of the aliens attempted to learn the prominent galactic language free of the aid of tizowyrms. "They are ordering us all to disarm and attempting to gather us all like vrrips."

"They're going to kill you," Danni implored, trying to grab the Vong leader’s attention. "They're going to kill you all."

The alien's already grim features turned even starker, his gnarled lips pulling back in a sneer that showed his fangs and black gums. "Are you certain?"

Danni nodded emphatically.

"I don't understand," Uhla said, a quiver of fear in her voice. "Why isn't Sekot stopping them? Why is it letting this happen? Why isn't it fighting back?"

Nen Yim shook her head sadly before turning her eyes back to the stars. "I don't know."

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Smileybuddy likes this.
  8. MrMuse

MrMuse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2009
    Fiirst :D, pretty short, but still good. Kill all the Vong? Don't think that Jacen had that ide when he gave the Sekot idea to Malig.

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    :eek: there are YV in it :p

10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Short but good chapter.

Zonama Sekot's lack of response... Jacen communicating with it?

11. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Yikes! Let's hope the Yuuzhan Vong were smart enough to park some cruiser-analogs on the dark side of the moon or somesuch. ^^

It turned out excellently so far, so I am very happy.

Oh, just one chapter? ^^ I shudder to think what will happen in the others.

Well, besides Cade, who always teeters from "awesome" to "annoying like hell", I think all non-Sith are excellenly and multifaceted. The Sith have Darths Talon, Nihl and Maladi who are interesting and non so one-note like the others.

I've always read the comics one at a time then gone on to discuss them in their threads here on the Lit forum. Although I've also read some of them in sequence later. Maybe it's just simple personal preference. Comics work as a visual medium, since a well-drawn panel can say more than two pages of writing. One has to work his personal interpretation into the expressions as how to understand some reactions the characters have.

We'll see. Can't wait to see the sequel to Blood Trail, but first let's this show running on all cilinders. :)

12. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Ah hell... the GA sent the Bothans to attack! Or have I misread that?

C'mon Sekot, respond. Throw up an Asteroid Barrier like Thrawn did to Coruscant. Not only will it confine the GA Fifth Fleet, it will also give you the time to evacuate.

Good post. Can't wait for more.

13. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Wow. Great post!! =D=

I'm so happy to see Danni again, although I wonder if she's going to make it out alive... [face_worried]

And :mad:, blast Jacen!! He's got to be the one who's keeping Sekot from protecting the Vong. That boy is causing too much trouble for his own good, and someone's got to stop him. C'mon Anakin, let's get cracking!!

Anyway, awesome update. You're building the suspense quite well here... I don't think I'm going to know what to do until next Friday... ;)

~Celeste

14. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Awesomeness! =D=

And Danni..Whoa..I have not read a fic with her in it for a long, long time.

Sekot needs to kick up the defences by far!

Very cool, can't wait to read more.

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Evil Wizardy Devil

Yep :) Thanks for replying, and for the cover, of course :p

Of course ;)
    You?re very welcome :D

I don't see what's so funny about it...

They make absolutely no sense at all - what?s funny in itself 8-}

You're right there...

Too bad they can?t check with the Force with all the Ysalamiri around [face_worried]

I had to work in a Lost reference somehow!

It doesn?t surprise me at all that you had to :)

Most likely...

:p

Yes, it's kind of like that, only different. We even get a scene with a guy standing on a sand dune looking out at two moons instead of two suns [face_thinking]

Yes indeed ... it?s opposing
    Moons are usually dark (not visible) when the sun is bright ... and the sun is dark (not visible) when the moons are bright ... mmm [face_thinking]

No, this was probably intentional though , working in conjunction with the Namtar thing :p

Right ... how could I miss that? 8-}

Possibly. We don't really know, but you'll have an answer before the end of the story.

[image=http://www.flashpointsocialmedia.com/Area51/Orion/Images/o_rly.jpg]

I think it's probably Anakin Skywalker that's the Light, but you may be on to something.

[face_thinking] Since Anakin Skywalker is not really available besides maybe as some Force Presence it?s either one of the Solo kids - prolly Anakin as namesake since he always feared to have to step into Anakin Skywalkers legacy - or ... you go the Skywalker line and then you get either Luke or little Ben.
    Ben is totally lacking in the cover [face_mischief]

We don't know yet. Something Malig wants, apparently.

Smart-pants - of course it is something Malig wants

I don't know, but I really, really like this idea [face_mischief]

Of course you know you just do not tell :(

:p

Thank you and thanks for reading and replying :D

You?re very welcome :D

Chapter 1: Arrival

Of what? :p

They came in the night.

They always do

There was no warning, only a deep rumbling that thundered from the sky peppered by drumbeats of sonic blasts. An old fear seemed to crawl into Helix base, the heartbeats and breaths of those inside collectively stilling as everyone froze in place, listening for clues as to what was happening outside its durasteel walls.

Panic struck and pandemonium would follow, but not at first.
    First, there was the stillness.

the quiet before the storm - as they say.

Danni Quee left her steristeel instruments and the Yuuzhan Vong biot she had peeled and half-dissected as it was?blossomed open on the lab table and pinned in place?and wandered out into the corridor. She discovered that she was not alone in investigating, as heads peered furtively out of the hatchways clustered along the gunmetal passage, shooting questioning looks at one another, their eyes more desperate than eager for an explanation.

[face_thinking] Ahh the girl is still on Sekot then
    Is she aware of the war ragging in the other parts of the galaxy?

The woman found herself advancing down the tunnel as if in a trance, a handful of others scattered in front and behind her moving with the same cautious steps. Low murmurs rippled through the passage when another harrowing noise blazed across the night, but Danni halted for only a moment before continuing forward.

I take the handful of others are some Yuuzhan Vong she is working with?

Helix base had begun its life as a New Republic frigate, but at the climax of the Yuuzhan Vong War, it had settled on Zonama Sekot when the living planet emerged from its hiding place to aid the Galactic Alliance. The frigate became a convenient base of operations for the conflict, and when the war was over, stayed as the heart of the Yuuzhan Vong village that sprouted around it. It was place of business, the home of the Yuuzhan Vong's tribal governm

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    MrMuse: Fiirst ,

Way to go =D=

pretty short, but still good.

Yeah. Chapter 1 was actually huge when I first wrote, so I ended up cutting it into three pieces :p This was the smallest part.

Kill all the Vong? Don't think that Jacen had that ide when he gave the Sekot idea to Malig.

It doesn't seem like something Jacen would be on board with, and was definitely not on his mind when we last saw him and Malig [face_thinking]

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Maggy: there are YV in it

Indeed :p It's been awhile.

Thanks for reading :)

Darth_Dreadwar: Short but good chapter.

I'm glad you liked it. This was originally more than 12,000 words, but that seemed a bit much to open the story up with, so I divided it into 3 chapters :p

Zonama Sekot's lack of response... Jacen communicating with it?

I think that's a very smart guess and would make a lot of sense. Not sure why Jacen would let the YV be killed though :(

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: Yikes! Let's hope the Yuuzhan Vong were smart enough to park some cruiser-analogs on the dark side of the moon or somesuch. ^^

lol. I don't think the Alliance let them keep that level of weaponry :p

It turned out excellently so far, so I am very happy.

Oh, just one chapter? ^^ I shudder to think what will happen in the others.

Well, it's one chapter that's almost entirely devoted to happiness. The next two are pretty dark but there are some fun adventure chapters coming up as well :p

Well, besides Cade, who always teeters from "awesome" to "annoying like hell", I think all non-Sith are excellenly and multifaceted. The Sith have Darths Talon, Nihl and Maladi who are interesting and non so one-note like the others.

I do like Talon and Maladi. Wish they would expand more on Maladi (at least, they haven't in the issues I've read).

I've always read the comics one at a time then gone on to discuss them in their threads here on the Lit forum. Although I've also read some of them in sequence later. Maybe it's just simple personal preference. Comics work as a visual medium, since a well-drawn panel can say more than two pages of writing. One has to work his personal interpretation into the expressions as how to understand some reactions the characters have.

Could be. The art in Legacy is good but I've rarely been blown away by it. I'm not really crazy about the look of each character?Cade in particular looks like one giant 90's comic book cliché and his expression reminds me of some sort of ape who smells something bad :p

The covers are usually fantastic though.

We'll see. Can't wait to see the sequel to Blood Trail, but first let's this show running on all cilinders.

I agree, and thanks again :D

And thanks for reading and replying! :)

GMK: Ah hell... the GA sent the Bothans to attack! Or have I misread that?

That seems to be what happened. Kre'fey was promised Sekot's location by Rénin back in Exodus. Of course, Rénin died before he could keep or break that promise... I guess someone made good on it for him...

C'mon Sekot, respond. Throw up an Asteroid Barrier like Thrawn did to Coruscant. Not only will it confine the GA Fifth Fleet, it will also give you the time to evacuate.

There's an idea [face_thinking] I wonder if Sekot can ensnare asteroids that way.

Good post. Can't wait for more.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

There will be more on Friday ;)

Celsete: Wow. Great post!!

I'm so happy to see Danni again, although I wonder if she's going to make it out alive...

It doesn't look good right now, does it? :(

And , blast Jacen!! He's got to be the one who's keeping Sekot from protecting the Vong.

I think that's

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    First off...

YAY!!! Its up!!!

Secondly,

Interesting. Somehow I'm surprised but not shocked at Zonoma Sekot being attacked or so we think. Well the Vong are and Sekot isn't stopping it. As for Malig...man I wanna know who he is.

So excited to see where this goes...as usual it will be heart breaking, surprising, plot twisted and such coming from you.

Keep it coming please!!!

18. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    You do mean metaphorically, right ... ? [face_worried]

Powerful stuff with Sekot and Danni, YodaKenobi. =D= A strong opening.

- [face_peace],
    Onderon1

19. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    And the Alliance had a comprehensive inventory of their resources, right? [face_mischief]

That's good to know. :)

They do in the latest two issues. A bit, but it makes her more multidimensional.

Oh, I think Jans art is fantastic. I've always preferred the realistic style to some of the overblown stuff one can get from, say, Joe Madureira. Jan gets the expressions of the characters just right and her sense of proportion is very good. And she is very detailed in her backgrounds and so on. Trust me, she is very good. She is not too flashy, she delivers a constant solid performance.

I suspect you don't read many other comics, so my guess is you are missing a frame of reference, but Jan defined the characters very well.

As for Cade, well, he's not designed to be "cute" or "beautiful", that's sure. :p As for his facial expression, constantly sneering will do that to ya. Although he had his nice moments, mostly with Deliah or at Bantha's.

Hm, I think I really need you to write a Legacy fic, since it seems it helped you with liking Jag to write him. [face_peace][face_laugh]

20. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Oh noes!!!

I can almost hear the deep breath before the storm being collectively drawn in by the entire galaxy. Whatever light there is left will surely be eclipsed and corrupted by the scale of this conflict as it escalates. If this trend continues unabated, more and more star systems shall be drawn into the abyss.

Each and every being with the ability to alter the course of Destiny had better take a crucial look into the proverbial mirror and decide once and for all what path they will choose when Fate comes calling. My guess is that the roles they each have to play and the choices they will make are not going to be what we might be expecting at all. So the question becomes: Just how much are they each willing to sacrifice, and to what end?

How far would you go to defend what is most precious to you? What gives anybody the right to take these matters into their own hands? Is it destiny, or is it merely the perception of authority relative to the circumstance at hand?

Perhaps in the end, the only truly universal constant is annihilation. [face_skull]

It is unavoidable. [face_worried]

Or is it? o_O

21. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    The Yuuzhan Vong need to fight back. The Bothans are a race of midget goats. They'd be slaughtered in a stand-up fight.

22. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    off to a rousing start! =D=

23. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Danni's back!! =D= [face_dancing] The Vong are being attacked!:eek: I could never have predicted that!:rolleyes: Jacen is probably telling Sekot not to resist because Malig told him to. He doesn't want to hurt the Vong. He probably has no idea what's happening. Did you hear that Cookie monster is going to eat vegies?

24. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Bothans, Yuuzhan Vong, (potentially) a Sith Lord or two, and a Force Sensitive planet. This is going to get real messy...

That as it may be, but they are a race of midget goats with high-power laser weapons. The Vong have... do they even grow amphistaffs anymore?

25. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Evil Wizard

Indeed :p It's been awhile.

no not really :p 8-}
    talk with one on daily base:p

Thanks for reading :)

thanks for writing fantastic stories :D

You replied while I was replying

I like keeping you on your toes :p

You can see the moon sometimes when the sun is out here on earth. This is essentially what Dagan was seeing.

yes'sir

That's cause he dies early on in this story :(

what the kriff are you saying?!

As for which (if any) it is, that's another important question to be asking...

now I am confused

Yeah, I had the same thought when I realized I mentioned this back in AoH :p "Why did I do that...?" :p

why did you do that? :p

Yes to all of that.

how boring :p

I don't think the Bothans care if people know they did it, actually. Their ar'krai wasn't a secret after all.

time changes ... 8-}

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :)

thanks for sharing [:D]

Onderon1

YK is really a gem to drop such a line, isn't he 8-}