main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    This is definitely one point i shall agree with, killing off the children was rather contrived and pathetic, and the fact that you have only left 12 Jedi in the whole order left over, i was kinda expecting more. Yes, Luke is in a far better position than he was after ROTJ, but not by much. I mean, there is what, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Anakin, Jaina, Leia (maybe:confused:) Malachor as well, maybe. Tahiri, that Malachor guy, if you didn't kill him....and some others who i can't conceive of yet.

Now i may not know much of the Star Wars EU, I only know as much as possible up to the rediscovery of Outbound Flight, but i somehow do not think that everything has been totally ruined by this course of action. It make it extremely dark, and hit the point home....and isn't it a distortion of Malig's views?...

I only think that killing the children was a step too far....or at least have some of them survive. Yes, Anakin/Vader slaughtered many of the padawans, but i believe that K'Kruhk hid a few dozen or so in the Hidden Jedi Temple....and we have not heard a lick out of them since. But at least there was more hope.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: Really? You think killing, let's calculate, 95% of the Jedi Order, half of which were children, is not too much tragedy?

No, it's tragic, but it actually seems in perfect keeping with the spirit of the Star Wars films to me, where 99.9999% of the Jedi Order was killed.

It surely was enough for me to push me past the breaking point, as you can plainly see.

I understand that, it just isn't the breaking point for me.

Which doesn't answer my question at all. Said question was "Why did you change your story from a less dark version of the EU to just another take on the grimdark Star Wars so many people hate?".

Well, putting aside that I don't think it's "grimdark," my explanation was this: There is no change. This was always the story.

If you're looking for specific story reasons why Halo was destroyed, there are many I can't discuss until this is over, obviously.

Disagree about what? That the Jedi will need decades to recover from this or that Anakin will be unrecognizable from his earlier version?

All of it, actually. As Drac said, I don't think it would make Anakin unrecognizable in your hypothetical, nor do I agree that the burden would automatically fall to Anakin (whom may be dead by the end of the story), and I won't speculate on the Jedi Order's future recovery, because there may not be a Jedi Order by the end of the story. They may very well all be dead.

Highly. It's just a plot development which could only happen because every character shut his brain off.

I know. I disagree.

I actually cancelled my account yesterday, although for college related reasons, not for the gameplay stuff. Although the latter did kind of play a part, because it made it more easy to cancel.

You'll be going back to it later though? It would be cool if they really went all-out on the space travel/space combat stuff and made it like the ground combat.

Draconarius: I don't really have the energy to argue with the other points I disagree with, but this one in particular I have a big problem with. You are saying that Anakin would no longer be Anakin simply because he is required to take on the responsibility of rebuilding the Order? I'm sorry, but no. You are flat-out wrong. And yes, I realise that 'simply' is an understatement, but my point is that no character will suddenly become a completely unrecognizable character just because of an event that befalls them. Will the character be changed by the event? Quite possibly, yes, but they will (writer willing, of course) stay in-character during that change.

Yeah, I agree, though I refuse to concede the point that any of this speculated future Jedi Order stuff is going to happen.

Windu2008: *Studies post and raises hand*
    Question: Was the entirety of the Raithian Jedi Order on Halo?

Raithian Jedi Order? No, only 1 Raithian Jedi was on board at the time of the blast. We don't know how many Jedi there are in Raithian space (hundreds? Thousands?), but they are a looser formation, a sort of underground resistance against the Raithians. Most do not know each other from what Malachor told us in the last fic. It is probably mostly independent Masters passing their knowledge on to a learner here and there to keep the Jedi Way alive, like some did in the GFFA after the purge.

In Lands of the Dead, Han & Luke freed a few dozen Raithian Jedi from the pyramid prison on Apollyon, but only four survived: Malachor, who was outside Halo at the time of the blast in a starfighters; Hala, who was actually a Sith spy; Necil Krace (the Iktotchi), who died with Kyle Katarn's team, apparently; and Amid Crenz (the old man who got described all of twice) who died on Halo.

So just one Raithian Jedi died on Halo.

Magnuskn: All but twelve of them, apparently.

I'm assuming he means Jedi from Raithian Space. If he means Luke's Jedi Order though, this is probably a safe assumption.

Spike: Dark stuff YK. I approve.

3. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Not disappointed. I am actually enjoying it. Just rather shocked by this turn of events as i kindof considered that that rathian-Infiltrator would have been caught before the end. But the twist with Ben, yeah, i saw that coming.

4. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Looks like we've been having quite the debate here. [face_thinking] For my $0.02, I pretty much have the same views as Rew. I can understand the concerns that Magnuskn has, but this hasn't been a deal-breaker for me. Yes, I think at least a couple of ships with kids should have made it out, just for the record. To be honest, except for that part, the whole thing at Halo pretty much went the way I suspected it would (Ben gets kidnapped, Halo is destroyed with several Jedi still onboard).

Yobi: I'll try and look it up while I'm doing some writing later. I like listening to orchestral stuff while doing that.

And for a little bit of egg on my face, it turns out both tracks actually were on YouTube. [face_beatup]

Season 1 finale (start at about 3:50)

Into the Abyss

Also, as an fyi, I keep thinking of these two pieces of music in relation to where we are in the story now:

And Ever We Fight On (Killzone 3 Main Theme)

Clash of Destiny (The Old Republic Main Theme)

Better put together your best team.

I'm working on it. Been a little slow though.[face_tired]

5. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Let me first address one major point, to make it perfectly clear:

This is actually the other way around. Draconarius has been telling me essentially to shut up since after I posted my first shocked reaction to your last chapter. Here's what he wrote:

And, sorry, but this is just trying to push me out of the thread because I don't agree with his current enjoyment of what you write. So I hope you understand that I am especially touchy when he gives another huffy response to criticism which is not even directed at him.

If someone wants to engage me about my critique in a constructive and detailed manner, go ahead, this is a discussion which I would not mind having at all. But telling me to leave and be quiet will get a negative reaction.

One last thing, which is not related to your fic:

I... honestly don't know at this point. There are a lot of positively ancient mechanics in the game, which do not speak well to me about the design intent of the developers. Mostly dealing with time wasters which have no positive application but to force players to spend more time in the game. After World of Warcraft removed a lot of those ( and created others which do hide this intent better ), I feel that I want not much to do with a game which forces me repeatedly into really pointless chores. I had enough of that in the early years of World of Warcraft and my time is more valuable to me now than it was back then.

If they ever give us a more in-depth space combat is not clear at all. The system as they have implemented it now helps a bit with leveling and is a nice past-time, but it definitely isn't even nearly as detailed as X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. It's a nice-looking rail shooter which gets repetitive quite fast.

---

Now, I will not give detailed answers this time to the rest of your responses, because it would just result in a back and forth which will go nowhere. We can have that after I have laid out my reasoning in, hopefully, a well organized and absolutely comprehensive manner.

I will instead try to give an as all-encompassing as possible explanation why my reaction was as negative as it was, with as little over-the-top emotion as possible. Things will never be the same for me in regards to this fiction line, but I really want to convey what exactly were the reasons, why I think going in this direction was a bad idea ( and in this regard it doesn't matter much if you planned this since 2004/5 ) and why this was the tipping point which changed even the stories from years back. Bear with me, this will be the last big post I make on this topic. I hope I can avoid needless rambling, although I tend to get side-tracked. And I hope I can get everything out without forgetting something, to not make myself a liar and drop another huge post on your head after this.

So, let's begin.

---

To establish the whole premise of the reasons for my disappointment, I feel I must give some background on my reading habits and the tonal shift in escapist fiction of the last decade. I have been reading serialized fiction since I learned to read as a

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very well said. I feel this way also. I have been disappointed with the direction the EU has taken in the last decade.

7. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2011

To me at least there are points in every star wars movie that could appear grimdark if you didn't know what happens next.

What if episode IV ended right where Vader killed Obi Wan. The last Jedi is gone and Vader is 15 feet away from our heroes.

Episode V what if it stopped with Han getting frozen in carbonite. Our heroes are all captured in a city full of hostile stormtroopers, Bespin guards, bounty hunters, and Vader himself. Without Lando doing an about face Luke had a 0% chance of success.

Episode 6 we could stop the story while Palpatine was barbecuing Luke. I know I didn't see Vader going light at that point.

My point is any high adventure has it's terrible hopeless moments, that's what makes us so much more excited when our heroes eke out a victory in the end. Now I'll agree that this is the worst position the Jedi Order has been in since Luke reestablished his academy, but it's hardly dead, especially with all the Jedi in Raithan space.

Also Yobi I'm playing TOR as well and loving it. There are definitely some things that need to be looked at and fixed, but I also played wow at release and it's infinitely better than wow was. The best thing about it is the story. Each class has their own class storyline quests that take you from 1-50. It's basically like 8 single player storylines packed into one game.

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Phoenix: Not disappointed. I am actually enjoying it. Just rather shocked by this turn of events as i kindof considered that that rathian-Infiltrator would have been caught before the end. But the twist with Ben, yeah, i saw that coming.

Ah, cool. I hope you like the way everything turns out :)

Wedge: Looks like we've been having quite the debate here. For my $0.02, I pretty much have the same views as Rew. I can understand the concerns that Magnuskn has, but this hasn't been a deal-breaker for me. Yes, I think at least a couple of ships with kids should have made it out, just for the record. To be honest, except for that part, the whole thing at Halo pretty much went the way I suspected it would (Ben gets kidnapped, Halo is destroyed with several Jedi still onboard).

Yeah, there was some foreshadowing that bad stuff was about to go down. Sorry I couldn't surprise you :p

And for a little bit of egg on my face, it turns out both tracks actually were on YouTube.
    Season 1 finale (start at about 3:50)
    Into the Abyss
    Also, as an fyi, I keep thinking of these two pieces of music in relation to where we are in the story now:
    And Ever We Fight On (Killzone 3 Main Theme)
    Clash of Destiny (The Old Republic Main Theme)

Nice! I'll listen to them later and get back to you :D

I'm working on it. Been a little slow though.

I'm going to make some recommendations:

Kyle Katarn, of course:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/KyleApproves-1.jpg]

Snake:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/mgs4wall.jpg]

Sayid Jarrah:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/greatergood440.jpg]

Sniper Kitty:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/1167241077-1166826006250.gif]

And this guy:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/250px-Malakili.jpg]

My A Team :cool:

Magnuskn: This is actually the other way around. Draconarius has been telling me essentially to shut up since after I posted my first shocked reaction to your last chapter. And, sorry, but this is just trying to push me out of the thread because I don't agree with his current enjoyment of what you write. So I hope you understand that I am especially touchy when he gives another huffy response to criticism which is not even directed at him.

I don't want to speak for Drac, but it might have something to do with you telling everyone here they should "disown" this story or some of the other rude things you've posted in the last few days. It can't really come as a surprise that someone is asking why you're still here.

If someone wants to engage me about my critique in a constructive and detailed manner, go ahead, this is a discussion which I would not mind having at all. But telling me to leave and be quiet will get a negative reaction.

I think that's great, but you do realize that very little of what you've posted could be considered "constructive", right? You can't really expect people to apply a special standard for you when you're disrespectful to others.

That premise, as it was, happened to be: "YodaKenobi also is writing an epic story in the vein of the original Star Wars trilogy, showing us all how the stories by Del Rey would have benefitted from being written in a less grimdark matter".
    As it turns out, I was wrong. What you have been writing ( and your comments to my last posts have fully confirmed it ) is something which takes the tonal changes by the PT into full account and takes them and, worse ( to me ), the latter part of ROTS as the canon interpretation of what Star Wars should be.
    Destroying 95% of the Jedi Order, thereby changing the setting irrevocably for what should be the next two decades? Justified by Order 66.
    Beating down the heroes into burned out slag, to have mangled versions escape and shamble on towards the finish line ( or grisly death, as you pointed out in your last set of answers )? Justified by Anakins fall and transformation into Vader.
    And I think y

9. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002

Yeah, this is what I've been afraid of for a while. [face_worried]

Hmmm. Without going back through the last few posts, let me give this a shot: Anakin, Tahiri, Jaina, Wrev, Leia, Mara, Luke, Malachor, Kyp, Valin, Jysella, Ben. Although, Ben isn't a knight, and I'm not sure about Jysella.... Do they count against the 12? And I'm not so sure if Evlyn Tabory counts, or if she is even alive. So... yeah. That's my attempt. Although, I feel like I'm missing someone that I shouldn't be forgetting. [face_thinking]

And, although you pretty much covered this already Yobi, I wanted to respond to one other thing:

I don't think anyone is trying to push you out of the thread. Your criticism of the story has been harsh. There's no need to get offended when another reader wants to defend the story and the author. And even if his reply is "huffy", I think you set the tone.

I'm looking forward to more chapters Yobi.

10. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Uh, context? If you've never seen the other movies, the Jedi don't mean too much to you yet and this is the old campellian trope of the mentor giving his life to save his promising apprentice?

Yep, that surely compares to blowing up 95% of the Jedi Order, half of which were children.

Okay, let's begin with one thing: Your base assertion is ridiculous. I know that YodaKenobi will write further chapters, we all know it. My problems are not that I believe that this is the last chapter, I am not mentally handicapped. But what I said is that YodaKenobi has written down into a declining curve of despair and I don't see it ending until the final chapters. What I said is that he passed a breaking point of his setting with the latest chapter, one which by the way George Lucas only passed at the end of episode three, when all thing went to hell for the next two decades. For what I consider a breaking point, please read my last post.

It's pretty unfair to compare WoW from 2004 to SWTOR from today. The "unique storyline" thing shines as long as you are aware that your personal storyline is 15% of the content while leveling, the rest are shared quests. So leveling one character on each side is cool... then I recommend watching a playthrough of the other class stories on Youtube, unless you really, really hate your class choice.

Hm, so I get a reprimand for getting dissed three times in a row personally by Draconarius, yet he gets a pat on the shoulder? Okay. And he "asked" for me to leave after my first big reaction.

To whom exactly have I been disrespectful, outside of somewhat snidely responding to a series of direct personal attacks by Draconarius? Please don't fall into the trap of confusing story critique with personal attacks. I suppose you are not used to getting your story severely criticised ( as far as I know, no idea what PM's you may have gotten ), but I am not attacking you as a person. If I begin to call you a bad person for writing the story as you did, then you'd be right on calling me out for being disrespectful. I did not do that, h

11. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I will admit to the first one and apologise for it, but the second was a simple counter argument. I might have phrased it a little bit better but it was far from disrespectful, at least no more than anything you've posted. The third I thought better of and edited it out, if the board allowed for posts to be deleted I would have. You are the one who chose to still take offense, I can't help that.

12. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    I think you can't blame me when I took the two latter responses to be in the tone of the first one. For my part, I apologize, too, for any rude tone I used towards you.

13. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    You know...all this whining and complaining is starting to take the focus away from the story. Don't know if that's in anyone's interest. Just saying. ;)

14. JustinS1985

Feb 4, 2011
    You know I had a nice long counter argument typed up, then I read this and deleted it. If anyone wants to argue about the story feel free to IM me and I'll give you my gchat email and we can debate for a while ;)

15. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    I said my piece. If there's more to say, it will come from responses, to which I am quite willing to answer.

And the story is the story... it will continue when YodaKenobi finishes the next chapter. Nobody says that people cannot discuss in the meantime about things related to it.

Also, saying that critique is "whining" isn't doing yourself any favors.

16. Lord_Onveh

Lord_Onveh Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2009
    So I was having a HORRIBLE week last week. The sheer volume of things that went wrong was worst than a soap opera. Literally over 20 things.

Then I decided I hadn't checked on this fic in a while. And WOW there was an update. I set aside time the following night to read it.

It was epic. Starting with the first paragraph. I copy and pasted the first paragraph to a friend :) just to show them an example of teh awesome others usually leave out.

And then the Jedi Order sploded. . .

That was almost the straw that broke the camels back. I held it together but I was very very VERY sad.

EL BANG.

I hope you're happy Jacen. . .

Good chapter. Albeit very sad.

17. Windu2008

Windu2008 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks, YK. I forgot about that particular branch, just needed clarification.

Looking back on the story though, I couldn't help but think "Legacy of the SITH? Oh...". Besides, this literally happens to the Jedi all the time.all the time

18. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Who do I think the twelve Jedi will be? (and what an auspicious number too)

1) Luke
    2) Mara
    3) Leia (I believe she counts as a Jedi and is very influential at that)
    4) Kyle Katarn (his death was far too easy and off-screen for my tastes)
    5) Jaina
    6) Anakin (because he has gone through so much garbage already he needs to have his moment to begin his archetypal change and transformation in the traditional way that the hero goes into darkness to be reborn again)
    7) Corran Horn
    8) Tenel Ka
    9) Kyp Durron (because he is stubborn)
    10) Tahiri
    11) Ben
    12) Maichen

These are just guesses, but I am pretty sure of at least a few of them. Now, as further commentary as to what has happened ... The thing is, this isn't over yet. Yes, there is a tremendous amount of darkness now. There have been losses. But losses happen in war and the innocent do not get spared. This is true in even the OT. Just because you do not see the deaths of people in front of you, or you never really got to know them at first in painstaking detail does not make those deaths or their poignancy go away or any less horrific. It changes characters. It changes them irrevocably.

Can this change destroy some of them? Yes. But I think now, for this story, all bets or many of them are off. Han Solo likes to tell people to never tell him the odds. Luke now has to understand that the time for reflection is now past. He and the remaining Jedi have to act now. Because this game is now ending.

Malig has all the pieces now. The death of the Jedi does not even seem to be his ultimate plan. Certainly, it was not his primary focus. This is about him: him, and his legacy, and the Force. I suspect he is really glad the Skywalkers and their bloodline are still alive. I think he wants them to be. As I have stated before, I think that Malig is going to wait for them to come to him and then -- like I said -- all bets are off as to what is going to happen.

There are still some things we don't know. And I more than suspect that those things we don't know -- particularly with regards to the face behind Malig's mask -- can definitely tip this balance and reveal a lot more about this story.

I like this story. I like the fact that YobiKenobi created a Sith enemy for the GA and the Jedi to deal with. I was very leery of the Vong's creation in the EU and their mysterious "lack of presence" in the Force. I always wanted there to be a dark side enemy for the Jedi to have to deal with after the Corellian Crisis. It just seemed natural for there to be given how the universe works. And YobiKenobi provided not only the Raithians but also Malig who -- for all he seems obvious now -- really is not in his methodology. It was really excellent to see an antagonist, since Palpatine and Thrawn, who really knows what he is doing and how to play people and seems to adhere to Sun Tzu's maxim that the enemy should always keep guessing at what you do until it is far too late.

The way I ultimately see it: YobiKenobi has set himself up a challenge. He has done this, has built it up to this point, but he isn't done yet. Those horrible deaths have happened. It's true, it is really bad and right now even we as the reader-audience can't conceive of how he is going to turn this around or resolve the catastrophe he's made. But this is -- I think -- the darkest it can get. Now things are going to happen.

One part of YobiKenobi's challenge -- I feel -- is making those deaths and this disaster have meaning. It will be the depiction of that meaning that will determine how this issue is dealt with by the characters. This (and pardon the italics for emphasis) is what intrigues me now. How will YobiKenobi do it? What will happen next? Where do you go from here without a Musical?

There are also other considerations. What happened to the characters who supposedly "died off-screen?" Will Evelyn survive? Will Jag ever really be the same after everything has gone insane for him? Will Tahiri and Anakin find solace in each other? And will Luke and Mara and the others go to get their son b

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Nice chapter, YK. Although this is my first post for this fic series, I have read all of them. Excellent work, so detailed and convulted, following in the spirit of the 6 films. As for the destruction of Halo, I have no fear for the Jedi Order, they will continue to fight on, as Obi-Wan and Yoda did after Order 66. I agree with you that the destruction of the Jedi is pefrectly in line with the films. As a younger fan, I actually grew up watching the prequels first, and then saw the OT. Actually preferred the PT slightly.

I'd like to say stuff about all of the fics in Legacy of the Sith, but this isn't the right board for that, so: The Twelve remaining Jedi.

Now, I'm assuming you are referring to full Jedi, Knights and up. In that case, the 12 remaining Jedi are:

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mara Jade
    3. Leia Solo
    4. Garrison Shan
    5. Kyp Durron
    6. Anakin Solo
    7. Tahiri Veila
    8. Wrev Caster
    9. Jaina Solo
    10. Tenel Ka
    11. Octa Ramis
    12. Valin Horn

This list does not include Jysella Horn and Baliss, however, they are apprentices, so I'm not actually including them in this count.

I really do love all of your fics, I even have the first three compiled in pdf's so I can read them like a real novel. I also enjoyed Blood Trail, any idea when the sequel to that, Flow Walk will start?

Anyway, great chapter, and I can't wait for the enxt post, your chapters are always so detailed and flow so nicely. Keep up the great work.

Like I said, I've read all the fics in this series, and the one thing I've been looking forward to, aside from the second duel between Anakin and Jacen, the inevitable confrontation between Luke and Malig, the last fight between Leia and Callista, Malig's unmasking and the redemption of Zekk (one of my favorite characters btw, but i have faith in your writing, Zekk will be redeemed or at least die in a good way), is the flashback of the duel between Malig and Darth Sidious, where my favorite Sith will pwn the One in the Mask. I know that you said we would see it at some point, it's when Malig tried to kill Palpatine after Plagueis's death. I've been looking forward to it since you mentioned it, and as we only have about 25 chapters left, I must imagine that it's coming up.

20. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mara Skywalker
    3. Jaina Solo
    4. Wrev Caster
    5. Kyp Durron
    6. Malachor
    7. Tahiri Veila
    8. Valin Horn
    9. Lowbacca
    10. Alema Rar
    11. Octa Ramis
    12. Anakin Solo

Tenel Ka Djo doesn't count as she's the Hapan Queen Mother and Leia hasn't embraced her Jedi heritage, at least, I don't think she has in this story. Ben is a kid, Jysella is an apprentice and may very well have died for all I know. Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, and Kirana Ti are Missing In Action.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Alema and Lowbacca were on Kyle Katarn's team and are presumed dead along with Kyle, Kirana, Jaden, Tesar and Necil Krace.

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    JustinS: Sorry, my replies got cut short last time

My point is any high adventure has it's terrible hopeless moments, that's what makes us so much more excited when our heroes eke out a victory in the end. Now I'll agree that this is the worst position the Jedi Order has been in since Luke reestablished his academy, but it's hardly dead, especially with all the Jedi in Raithan space.

A good point, I think.

Also Yobi I'm playing TOR as well and loving it. There are definitely some things that need to be looked at and fixed, but I also played wow at release and it's infinitely better than wow was. The best thing about it is the story. Each class has their own class storyline quests that take you from 1-50. It's basically like 8 single player storylines packed into one game.

That would be the reason to play, for me. I loved the stories in the original KotoR and its sequel, as well as Dragon Age: Origins. BioWare is capable of great things.

Glad to hear you're liking it so far :D

Durroness: Yeah, this is what I've been afraid of for a while.

If it's any consolation, I think Wrev has a good story arc when all is said and done. Not saying it's necessarily a happy one (or a tragic one for that matter), just that I think it's a good one.

Hmmm. Without going back through the last few posts, let me give this a shot: Anakin, Tahiri, Jaina, Wrev, Leia, Mara, Luke, Malachor, Kyp, Valin, Jysella, Ben. Although, Ben isn't a knight, and I'm not sure about Jysella.... Do they count against the 12? And I'm not so sure if Evlyn Tabory counts, or if she is even alive. So... yeah. That's my attempt. Although, I feel like I'm missing someone that I shouldn't be forgetting.

Very good guesses. You got 10 out of 12 ;) [face_shhh]

As for Evlyn, we should find out if she survived or not in the next post.

I'm looking forward to more chapters Yobi.

Hopefully I can get this one finished soon [face_praying]

Thanks for reading and being patient :D

Magnuskn: Hm, so I get a reprimand for getting dissed three times in a row personally by Draconarius, yet he gets a pat on the shoulder? Okay. And he "asked" for me to leave after my first big reaction.
    To whom exactly have I been disrespectful, outside of somewhat snidely responding to a series of direct personal attacks by Draconarius? Please don't fall into the trap of confusing story critique with personal attacks. I suppose you are not used to getting your story severely criticised ( as far as I know, no idea what PM's you may have gotten ), but I am not attacking you as a person. If I begin to call you a bad person for writing the story as you did, then you'd be right on calling me out for being disrespectful. I did not do that, however.

I didn't say personal, I said you were being rude and disrespectful. And there is quite a bit that is personal when you say things like "I misjudged you" over and over again, or the youtube vid you posted that I thought was pretty childish with all that stuff about "betrayal."

Anyway, I'm not whining about it. My point was that I felt you were doing the same thing as you were accusing Drac of. If you come in with that attitude, you are bound to get people's hackles up. I was not giving him a "pat on the shoulder" for what he said.

With that said, I see that you have both apologized to each other, which I think is very big of you both, and thank you both for it.

Moving on...

Oh, please. Alderaan literally came into the picture minutes before its destruction, which was done in the most impersonal way possible, showing the planet from orbit, not showing us anybody on the planet looking up in despair at the giant space station hovering in the sky and Leia gets over it immediately ( in the movies ). Owen and Beru were unusually harsh, but we only saw the aftermath in a glimpse. Luke moved on immediately, we didn't dwell on it. Jawas were not exactly one of the foundations of the original movie. We don't see for several "chapters" lovingly in detail ho

23. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Speaking of the Plaguis book, I hear it also clears up most issues that people have with midi-chlorions. Not sure if that should be hidden or not...
    As far as the SW films go, I believe I've stated before that I'm a bit more partial to the PT, even though I watched the OT first.

24. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    It's how I felt. I've pretty much said my piece, so I don't think it'd be very useful to repeat them again, but if you care enough to look again at what I said, you'll see that beyond the initial shock and dislike for the where the story has taken us, one of my main problems was ( and is ) that I misread what kind of story you were writing for years. And, yep, that makes me feel somewhat betrayed, because you could have told me about that misconception at any time. You surely can't say that you didn't know which kind of story I thought you were writing? It's not as if I held back on lauding the more swashbuckling and condemning the darker parts during the last seven years, be it here or in PM's.

And you don't see the problem there? The degree by which you make things explicit changes the tone and kind of a story considerably. Not that this would make much more of a difference. As I said, I see the event itself ( destruction of 95% of the New Jedi Order ) as the breaking point for your universe, in the vein of the other events I talked about in other universes... although it seems that I am pretty much alone with this.

25. JustinS1985

Feb 4, 2011
    Going to buy the DP book solely off your rec YK, it's been a bit since I bought an EU book because the quality seemed to be going downhill.

A couple more notes on TOR - the quests outside of your class quest do repeat if you level new toons but you can easily level up running instances (just once not grinding) pvp dailies once a day and space battles. So far I still love it and I've tried out quite a few classes. I'm also liking how the stories are intertwined for example on tattoine there is a quest sigh side to poison the sand peoples water supply, on the Jedi side you have to try to help them because their water supply was poisoned. Companions are tons of fun to, though I wish the approval system was fleshed out a bit more.