Beyond The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 9/9/13!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    Seventh.

YK: Yeah, feel free to repost it It was awesome.

Will do. [face_peace] I'll even toss the Killzone 2 one in as well for kicks. :p

2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I have to say, Darth Havok >>>>>>>>> Darth Caedus. Brilliant betrayal. The midget goats get what's coming to them [face_laugh]

If only we had you on board for LOTF, YK, instead of Karen Travissty. We could've salvaged a book series out of it.
  3. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    Well that was thoroughly evil and manipulative - Jacen is definitely doing a good job of being a sith lord.

I am left wondering what the point was though - were the Rathians trying to get rid of the Bothans to prevent them switching sides or something?!!

Great chapter - looking forward to the next.
  4. Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Master

star 2
    :eek: Give me a minute I'm recovering from semi-shock.

Okay, all better. :p

Danni & Jacen's little talk was an intresting moment. Truth be told, I reread it several times. [face_whistling]

I'm seeing 'DANGER' writen all over this update.

[face_hypnotized] So intresting.
  5. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Please let it be that Sekot is just playing along with this. I'd hate to think Jacen could actually fool it too.
  6. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Maggy: Thanks for reading :D

Magnuskn: What, not even a pithy one-liner for Kre'fey before he got vaped? Tsk, tsk.

It appears so :( Poor guy.

Okay, I saw the double-cross coming, but not how Jacen would make Sekot fall for his lies.

Yeah, you still called it though :p

Good work! Good chapter.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

It was definitely the wrong way to go. Now, they have to push all the burden on Jaina and Ben, which necessitates making them interesting enough to carry the franchise. With Anakin, they had a very popular character who already had garnered enormous fan sympathy, but they chose to kill exactly that one character off. It's just beyond me how their decision-making process went on that, but maybe I simply don't have enough of a lack of foresight, when it comes to serial literary works. Comes with the territory of reading serial comics for such a long time. ^^

Well, I believe they picked Anakin at the beginning (after GL said he couldn't be the hero, supposidly) so it could be they didn't anticipate him becoming the most popular Solo. Or maybe they did and thought that was good because it would be more "shocking." Who knows...

There really wasn't much to get excited about. Blood Trail would have been a much better sequel.

I appreciate your enthusiasm on that one :D

Well, I can argue from the perspective of already knowing what is to come, so for me the "crazy Jedi" thing makes more sense. But the Baran Do sages were exactly as boring as I always imagined them to be.

Wait until you get to the Aing-Tii :p Huge disappointment.

Because you are a reviewer and are under an NDA, yes yes.

Pretty much.

IIRC, he had just recovered from an heart attack when he wrote it? It certainly lacked Wedge being incredibly awesome. Also, Voort SaBinring, aka Piggy, would have been nice in that little Wraith Squadron reunion on Kessel.

Actually, he had the heart attack just after it was released. Backlash was the book that was pushed back because of his heart attack, and that one was excellent?go figure :p

I believe Allston has had some other health troubles over the years though. Some problems with his eyes or something like that? I can't remember for sure.

Thanks again for reading and replying :D

PointGiven: Whoa.
    Now thats how you do a last sentence!

lol! One sentence kills hundreds of thousands of people :p

Thanks for reading and replying :D

GMK: FOURTH!

Way to go =D=

Wow! Jacen played the Bothans, Sekot, the Yuuzhan Vong, Danni Quee, Jabitha, and Traest Kre'fey.

He is a Sith now after all :(

Lying to Sekot about the Jedi giving the location of Zonama Sekot to the BOTHANS!

Yeah, that was pretty horrible...

Are they really sure that Jacen's telling the truth, or can Sekot not even feel that?

Sekot can't tell. It was never omniscient and had to test Jacen and Luke back in Reunion to trust their motives. Now it can't get a sense of Jacen at all because he's all shrouded in dark side energy :(

Either way, he's going to have sooo many enemies when this hits the ears of the Jedi.

I don't think he's going to have to worry about that "Jedi Knight of the Year" award :p

Some how I get the feeling that things are only going to get worse . I dread to think who else Jacen will manipulate to get his and Maligs way by the end of the fic.

There are going to be some terrible things to come :( And Jacen has taken his cues from Malig on manipulations.

Great post.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

corran: Definetly a gutsy move, killing an established character like Kre'fey off without even seeing him. I respect it though.

Thanks. Kre'fey kind of did himself in, destroyed by his own hatred.

I wonder if Sekot doesn't still suspect Jacen and is using him for other purposes?
  7. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sekot obviously needs to work on honing its danger sense. [face_beatup] :p

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. [:D]
  8. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright. I've read Blood Trail and loved it (I'm real excited for the sequel of that one, whenever you decide to complete it), but I've only read part of The Age of Heroes. I thought I'd test your thought of being able to read this one without reading the other ones in Legacy of the Sith.

It was a good call. I have the gist of what's happening and am thoroughly impressed with your work. I can't wait to see how Havok develops as I've always been a Jacen fan. Also, I love the Malig character.

So, great chapter. :D Can you please add me to the PM list for this?
  9. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    That alone would have been worth it. :p

Awesome chapter. Jacen is taking to his new job quite well. Frighteningly well.

A pity about Kre'fey, but given he was out to commit genocide I can't say it wasn't entirely deserved.

Looking forward to more.
  10. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Sometimes all that experience with how stories are told which I claim to have actually works. :p

Whatever may have been the exact situation, they definitely couldn't recognize what kind of opportunity they had with Anakin, after he got so popular. And people ( like us ;) ) are still giving them grief over it.

Oi. I thought the second book would make it all more interest. Oh, well, at least the paperbacks come out with one month delay to each other only, until the third book is out.

My guess would be that he suddenly was preoccupied about what his legacy would be, with every book possibly being his last. A heart attack puts a lot in perspective, I'd say.
  11. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I gotta hand it to Jac...er,...Darth Havok, he put on quite a show. I'm surprised that Sekot would fall for this ploy so easily. As a matter of fact, it almost seems too easy.

I can't decide if Havok is delusional or just way too overconfident. Sith do not love. Darkness does not abide such weakness as mercy, and yet he choose to spare Danni & the shapers for now. Was this compassion, or did he just want an audience? Perhaps Jacen is feeling subconsciously guilty, and letting them live somehow assuages his conscience.

Whatever the case, Sekot obviously has little choice but to acquiesce for the time being. However, I am not convinced that the true nature of this charade is lost on the sentience which choose to appear as Anakin Solo, of all people. Something tells me that Sekot is not as clueless as Jacen would like to believe.

One thing is certain: Now...matters are worse.
  12. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Happy late Mother's Day to you too?8-} Except your a guy and I'm a guy.:confused: Happy Bro-day?[face_whistling] Anyway, wow am I shocked.:eek: Jacen er, Havok is just....EVIL!!! Funny though, it makes me think of Gollum from The Lord of the Rings. Jacen is the nice-ish niave Smeagol and Havok is the sinister Gollum. Even though he's still very much in love with Tenel Ka, he thinks it's almost Anakin's fault. The key word there being "almost". He just finds it easier to blame Anakin. Kind of like Vader, the way that he blames Anakin even though he knows it's Malig's fault. He also thinks he'll be able to kill Malig which is, how should I put this, not very thinky of him. I think that's it.
  13. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    TSF: Sekot obviously needs to work on honing its danger sense.

Stupid sentient planets :( Will they ever learn? I'm sure if it really goes along with what Jacen says, it will come to regret it eventually.

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.

[:D]

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Treborani: Alright. I've read Blood Trail and loved it (I'm real excited for the sequel of that one, whenever you decide to complete it),

It'll probably be awhile, as I'm not sure I want to write two stories like this at once again, but we'll see. Maybe there will be something later in the year.

but I've only read part of The Age of Heroes. I thought I'd test your thought of being able to read this one without reading the other ones in Legacy of the Sith.
    It was a good call. I have the gist of what's happening and am thoroughly impressed with your work.

That's good to hear. With so much backstory now I'm sure it's going to be difficult to follow at times. Feel free to ask any questions if it gets confusing :) And thanks for giving this story a shot.

I can't wait to see how Havok develops as I've always been a Jacen fan. Also, I love the Malig character.

Awesome :D Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying both of them. There will be lots of Jacen and Malig in this story.

So, great chapter. Can you please add me to the PM list for this?

Sure thing. Thanks again for reading and replying :D

Draconarius: That alone would have been worth it.

I guess you're right [face_laugh] Of course, I would have replaced them with Squibs 8-}

Awesome chapter. Jacen is taking to his new job quite well. Frighteningly well.

Running the same scam that Malig has been, really :( I guess he's learning...

A pity about Kre'fey, but given he was out to commit genocide I can't say it wasn't entirely deserved.

Yeah, it's hard to really shed many tears for him. He also led the attack on Ossus that got Kam Solusar and some other unnamed Jedi killed, so :p

Looking forward to more.

Thanks! There should be more on Friday.

And thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: Sometimes all that experience with how stories are told which I claim to have actually works.

Feels good, doesn't it? :p

Whatever may have been the exact situation, they definitely couldn't recognize what kind of opportunity they had with Anakin, after he got so popular. And people ( like us ) are still giving them grief over it.

Here, here.

Oi. I thought the second book would make it all more interest. Oh, well, at least the paperbacks come out with one month delay to each other only, until the third book is out.

That's good. Omen is definitely not worth purchasing as a hardcover. There's really not much to it.

My guess would be that he suddenly was preoccupied about what his legacy would be, with every book possibly being his last. A heart attack puts a lot in perspective, I'd say.

Could be. He's got a pretty damn good body of work, IMHO, even if I haven't been crazy about the series he's involved in as a whole.

L0B0: I gotta hand it to Jac...er,...Darth Havok, he put on quite a show. I'm surprised that Sekot would fall for this ploy so easily. As a matter of fact, it almost seems too easy.

Yeah, maybe Sekot didn't really fall for it after all?

Then again, Jacen never really fell for many of Malig's tricks and it still brought him down.

I can't decide if Havok is delusional or just way too overconfident. Sith do not love. Darkness does not abide such weakness as mercy, and yet he choose to spare Danni & the shapers for now. Was this compassion, or did he just want an audience? Perhaps Jacen is feeling subconsciously guilty, and letting them live somehow assuages his conscience.

Excellent points, and a great question. I like the idea of him needing an audience for some reason, th
  14. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    YK: Even funnier (and more apt) the second time around

Lol. Just a little. :p Really wanted to play the Helghast Theme from Killzone 2 after reading that chapter.

And no, I haven't forgotten about Resident Evil-fying the EoAL cover. Just got some school work to get through, and other stuff. 8-}

Did you mean that they would look alike as well? That would at least explain Jacen and probably Callista recognizing him.

Yeah, I did mean to imply that they'd look similar. Still wouldn't explain how Faybol and such recognized Malig though.

What's this a reference to?

Mass Effect 2. Joker says that line at a point in the game.

Yeah. They let their own genocidal vows do them in Sad.

Almost makes Anakin Sr's reasons forgivable. :p

New post on Friday. Again, three months pass between chapters 3 and 4, so there's a little jump in time. But we're done with Jacen for the time being and will be catching up with our other characters across the galaxy for a few weeks. I'm not going to say what character(s) we'll be seeing, but I will tell you we're going to Coruscant

So, by the time we're caught up with everyon, I should be getting near finals. Nice. Oh, and I'll just take a random guess and say that the person (or one of them) is.... Fyor.

Hey, why not? :p
  15. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Corusant? Yay!! Now if only we could stop in Corellia... I know almost every detail of Han Solo's life. Or do I? Sorry I love questions that can eventually annoy people.[face_mischief] Who is this Super-villain? Thrawn? Havok, the fleet commander(he is a fleet commander, right?[face_thinking])? Namtar, someone of a nameless evil? Sorry I got the "Hong Kong Phooey" song stuck in my head.
  16. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Of course. [face_mischief]

Yeah, hardcovers are not happening anymore, even if I got to wait another full year for the paperbacks. Not until the story has gotten so good again that it is worth it.

Ah, the Wraith Squadron books were very good. And the Rebel Lines duology stands out from the second half of the NJO as being their best part ( even if Tahiris portrayal was much too chipper for being so soon after Anakins death ). Czulkang Lah remains my favourite Vong. :p
  17. Darth_Mediocre Jedi Knight

Definitely agree with Spike, Darth Havok > Cadeus (who I refuse to dignify with the title of Darth). I continue to like the alternating between calling him 'Jacen' some of the time and then 'Havok' if the mood is darkening. Is that pointing to my earlier suspicions that something of Jacen might be salvageable from this mess. Or is that me being overly optimistic and (puts on Darth Vader voice) "there is no conflict".

Sekot appearing as Anakin is interesting. Did I read this right, and the Anakin it's appearing as is from circa Star by Star. Using that form to reproach him clearly, and it would be doubly effective given the recent *ahem* history between the two. Jacen has clearly learnt the Sith arts of deception well though. I suspect, like the world brain, Sekot will come to regret its trusting him.

Three chapters in, and already a canon character blown to stardust. Starting as you mean to go on?:p
  18. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Wedge: Lol. Just a little. Really wanted to play the Helghast Theme from Killzone 2 after reading that chapter.
    And no, I haven't forgotten about Resident Evil-fying the EoAL cover. Just got some school work to get through, and other stuff.

No worries. I look forward to seeing it when you're done though [face_peace]

Yeah, I did mean to imply that they'd look similar. Still wouldn't explain how Faybol and such recognized Malig though.

True... but what was Faybol's reaction exactly? [face_thinking]

Mass Effect 2. Joker says that line at a point in the game.

That was what I was going to guess.

Almost makes Anakin Sr's reasons forgivable.

Many Bothans died creating that last post :(

So, by the time we're caught up with everyon, I should be getting near finals. Nice. Oh, and I'll just take a random guess and say that the person (or one of them) is.... Fyor.

That's a very good guess, considering what we're going to learn about Coruscant. Things have changed. [face_mischief]

PirateofRohan: Corusant? Yay!! Now if only we could stop in Corellia...

No Corellia in this story, unfortunately. There is a ton of Han Solo though [face_cowboy]

I know almost every detail of Han Solo's life. Or do I? Sorry I love questions that can eventually annoy people.

lol. Han is the best.

Who is this Super-villain? Thrawn? Havok, the fleet commander(he is a fleet commander, right? )? Namtar, someone of a nameless evil?

By super-villain, I assume you mean "Malig." I think the answer is "Namtar," but it's probably not the answer that matters.

Sorry I got the "Hong Kong Phooey" song stuck in my head.

I don't think I'm familiar with that :p

Magnuskn: Yeah, hardcovers are not happening anymore, even if I got to wait another full year for the paperbacks. Not until the story has gotten so good again that it is worth it.

I think that's definitely a wise decision. There really hasn't been anything worth rushing out on release day for anyway.

Ah, the Wraith Squadron books were very good. And the Rebel Lines duology stands out from the second half of the NJO as being their best part ( even if Tahiris portrayal was much too chipper for being so soon after Anakins death ). Czulkang Lah remains my favourite Vong.

No wai. You're forgetting Nom Anor, Vua Rapuung, Nen Yim, and Onimi [face_talk_hand] :p

Seriously though, Czulkang Lah was great too :D

Darth_Mediocre: Definitely agree with Spike, Darth Havok > Cadeus (who I refuse to dignify with the title of Darth).

Glad to hear it :D

I continue to like the alternating between calling him 'Jacen' some of the time and then 'Havok' if the mood is darkening. Is that pointing to my earlier suspicions that something of Jacen might be salvageable from this mess. Or is that me being overly optimistic and (puts on Darth Vader voice) "there is no conflict".

I think it's possible, but I guess it will depend on what actually happens. There are a few hints of the compassion that Jacen used to have for others in this chapter. He says he doesn't feel anything for Sekot's life, but he also admits that this absense makes him sad.

Sekot appearing as Anakin is interesting. Did I read this right, and the Anakin it's appearing as is from circa Star by Star. Using that form to reproach him clearly, and it would be doubly effective given the recent *ahem* history between the two.

I figured someone would interpret it that way given Anakin's age and the mysterious wound, but no, it's actually Anakin from "The Living Force" when he was on Sekot. The wound is not explained. It might be a reference to Star by Star, or the fight in Lands of the Dead, or something else.

Good guess though and I like that interpretation.

Jacen has clearly learnt the Sith arts of deception well though. I suspect, like the world brain, Sekot will come to regret its trusting him.

I'm afraid you're right :
  19. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    And--just to get you guys ready--it's one of my personal favorite chapters in this series so far! [face_dancing]

Anyway, to go back to these Jacen chapters, I know that Havok is not like Caedus--i.e. he's not (yet) an avowed enemy of the Jedi or anything. For the purposes of taking Sekot, they just happen to be a convenient scapegoat. In truth, the only Jedi I can think of whom Jacen genuinely hates and wants to destroy is his brother Anakin. (I imagine his opinion of Luke remains pretty low too, but not deadly low like Anakin.) I'm sure Jacen still considers it within the realm of possibility that he'll make nice with his parents, sister, wife, and the others someday. He probably still considers a kind of friend many of those in the Jedi Order. Despite the fact that he's separated from everyone and in thrall to Malig.

But here's the thing. At some point, Jacen has to know that his actions are going to bring him into direct conflict with the Jedi Order and his predominantly Jedi family. And by direct, I mean martial, physical, deadly, violent conflict. It's the way of Sith with regard to Jedi--especially in a war where Jacen and the rest of the Solowalkers are leaders on conflicting sides. What exactly is his long-term plan regarding the Jedi? Is he just hoping they'll stay out hiding while he does his thing on Zonama? What does he think they're going to do if he were to fulfill his plans of using the Reckoner to unleash the dark side on the galaxy, slay Malig (and probably Faybol too), and become sole Lord of the Sith? And especially if he were to get his other desire of killing Anakin? What does he honestly think that Han, Leia, Jaina, Luke, and everyone else connected to his family are going to do then?

Now I doubt the plot itself is going to go in those directions, but I'm pretty sure Jacen has to be thinking ahead to all the variable situations that could arise from his turn.

I do like how he's taken Danni under his wing. I think he did that because it's important to him that--however delusional it might be--he needs someone to acknowledge that he's still not a monster. Not that Danni's necessarily going to acknowledge that. Just as long as Jacen is deluded into thinking she will, he can convince himself he hasn't become such a bad guy after all.

And my theory on Sekot appearing as Anakin: Just as Jacen is playing Sekot, I honestly think Sekot is playing Jacen right back (though not as elaborately as Jacen is). Sekot, with its planet-sized consciousness and link to the Force, penetrated pretty deep into Jacen's psyche. I believe that it caught threads of Jacen's memory of his duel with Anakin and appeared in that guise in order to taunt and/or test him. That temporary wound on his chest (dealt by Jacen at Centerpoint, which just about killed Anakin) sealed the deal for me on this theory.

The long and the short of it is, my theory is that Sekot has a plan and isn't completely playing along with Havok. ;)
  20. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah. Spoilers about the newest book aren't exactly encouraging either.

All pale before Czulkang Lah. :D
  21. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wizardy Devil:

Why not just turn the frozen donkey wheel? :(

Because first the island needs to be found ... and well somehow in the alternate line it?s on the ground of the ocean :(

Yeah, that almost never happens in these stories :p

I nearly forgot now why I love to read your stories when you posted the last chapter of them 8-} no need to wait a week :p

Interesting comparison.

ty

Yep, that is very true. I imagine we'll get all three characters POVs soon on this matter.

do they sit together and discuss what is right and what is wrong? :p 8-}

You're right. You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Kenobi :p

Chapter 3: Ar'krai

That sounds already really bad [face_worried]

A storm of red blaster bolts cascaded across the clearing, filling the night with a haze of smoke, animal screams of anguish, and the acrid stench of ozone and scorched flesh. Most of the Yuuzhan Vong were caught unprepared by the Bothan assault and were cut down before any coordinated defense could possibly be mounted in the village. Their bodies collapsed in smoking heaps upon the rippling grasses that had served as their village plaza, a place of assemblage where the Vong tasted the first sips of democracy after suffering millennia of theocratic rule in a severe caste system? where most of them had begun to grasp concepts like "hope" and "freedom."

That is :eek:
    [face_not_talking] it is all Jacen?s fault or Darth Havoc or whatever silly name he gives himself those days. He brought the Bothans to this place

It was a massacre.

Urgh ... the poor Yuuzhan Vong.

From Nen Yim's implanted hand shot a whip-like tendril that stretched in a stinger and stabbed into the throat of one of the Bothans. The assassin dropped his weapon and clutched at the gushing wound as he fell to his knees and gurgled his last, incomprehensible words. In a flash, Nen Yim pulled the stinger loose and sent it in a sharp arc that slashed across the throat of the other Bothan, hurling him aside in a spraying fan of gore.

She is really good [face_mischief], really, really good.

"I told you," he responded. "To see Jabitha."

Danni paused for a long moment, mulling over his answer. "But you're the one leading the way. You certainly don't seem to need us to show you where the Magister is."

The Sith Apprentice actually snorted and grinned, on the verge of surprised laughter. "True enough."

"Then why did you bring us with you?" Danni asked timidly.

A shrug raised Jacen's shoulders as he snapped branches jutting crookedly across his path. "I suppose because I didn't want to see you harmed."

That might only be because they will have some role to play in his plans or maybe Malig?s [face_thinking]

"I don't know what you might have heard about me," Jacen began tentatively without looking over his shoulder, "but there is a lot of confusion. Contrary to the popular belief among some, I'm not a monster."

That depends on the POV :p

"Oh," Jacen replied.

His time to be surprised 8-}
    Did he expect something else?

Jacen shook his head as he began to pace back and forth in front of the Magister. "I didn't bring them here," he said. "I need you to impart to Sekot just how important it is that it speaks with me now. I can help it, but not if it ignores me."

He lies [face_plain]

Anakin Solo stepped out from the darkness.

*chuckles* awesome choice

This time Jacen's hand did drop to his lightsaber. He backpedaled a few steps in surprise, not believing what he was seeing as the figure moved more clearly into the slivers of moonlight that stabbed through the broken canopy above.

*chuckles amused* mighty Jacen is taken by surprise :p

"Hello, Jacen," Sekot's projection greeted with his brother's lopsided grin.

Darth Havok's eyes narrowed. "Is this your idea of a joke?"

"Joke?" The planet asked.

Really childlike [face_thinking]

In less than an hour, every Fifth Fleet vessel that had been brought to Zonam
  22. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Rew: And--just to get you guys ready--it's one of my personal favorite chapters in this series so far!

Anyway, to go back to these Jacen chapters, I know that Havok is not like Caedus--i.e. he's not (yet) an avowed enemy of the Jedi or anything. For the purposes of taking Sekot, they just happen to be a convenient scapegoat. In truth, the only Jedi I can think of whom Jacen genuinely hates and wants to destroy is his brother Anakin. (I imagine his opinion of Luke remains pretty low too, but not deadly low like Anakin.)

I agree. I think you have the right read on Jacen at this point. He only really wants to kill Anakin for what happened. I don't think he hates any of the other Jedi, though he does see Luke as weak and too flawed/corrupted to guard the Force.

I'm sure Jacen still considers it within the realm of possibility that he'll make nice with his parents, sister, wife, and the others someday. He probably still considers a kind of friend many of those in the Jedi Order. Despite the fact that he's separated from everyone and in thrall to Malig.

You might be right here, or he may have given up on them at the end of Lands of the Dead when he was completely broken by Malig, realizing he had to separate from them for good.

But here's the thing. At some point, Jacen has to know that his actions are going to bring him into direct conflict with the Jedi Order and his predominantly Jedi family. And by direct, I mean martial, physical, deadly, violent conflict. It's the way of Sith with regard to Jedi--especially in a war where Jacen and the rest of the Solowalkers are leaders on conflicting sides. What exactly is his long-term plan regarding the Jedi? Is he just hoping they'll stay out hiding while he does his thing on Zonama?

I think his and Malig's plans will probably become clearer in this regard around chapter 10ish. Though Malig and Jacen may not be on the same page here :p

But you're right, eventually this is going to have to lead to a very bloody battle between Jacen and the Jedi, whether he's accepted it or not.

What does he think they're going to do if he were to fulfill his plans of using the Reckoner to unleash the dark side on the galaxy, slay Malig (and probably Faybol too), and become sole Lord of the Sith?

Good question. We know he plans to kill Malig, and Faybol would have to go too, but beyond that...? Perhaps Jacen thinks once the Force is in its natural state everything will be okay and whatever happens to him won't matter.

And especially if he were to get his other desire of killing Anakin? What does he honestly think that Han, Leia, Jaina, Luke, and everyone else connected to his family are going to do then?

Maybe he thinks he can convince them that Anakin was the evil one :p

Now I doubt the plot itself is going to go in those directions, but I'm pretty sure Jacen has to be thinking ahead to all the variable situations that could arise from his turn.

Yeah, we got hints of it when he said he was going to kill Malig when all was said and done, but we really don't know how he sees his family at this point or if he sees himself as some part of their lives in the future. Perhaps he realizes that just won't be possible after this.

I do like how he's taken Danni under his wing. I think he did that because it's important to him that--however delusional it might be--he needs someone to acknowledge that he's still not a monster. Not that Danni's necessarily going to acknowledge that. Just as long as Jacen is deluded into thinking she will, he can convince himself he hasn't become such a bad guy after all.

I think that may be at least part of it, but this question will be answered pretty clearly the next time we see Jacen, and your opinion might change.

And my theory on Sekot appearing as Anakin: Just as Jacen is playing Sekot, I honestly think Sekot is playing Jacen right back (though not as elaborately as Jacen is). Sekot, with its planet-sized consciousness and link to t
  23. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 4: Sector Zero

In the night, Galactic City on Coruscant was at its most beautiful. The colossal skytowers which so defined the planet were black shadows that glittered with millions of glowing lights spangling their obsidian faces like the stars sparkling in the heavens above. They stretched to impossible heights, their needle-like spires splitting the contrails of carbon-black clouds rippling overhead and bathing themselves in shimmers of opalescent moonlight.

The ferrocrete superstructures from which most of these startling monoliths were rooted were thick gray expanses that could encompass an entire megablock, and their plateaus were spattered with what looked like glowing embers in the darkness, but were really a blur of street lamps and landing lights, all clustered into stoked planes of golden brilliance. Crisscrossing streams of airspeeders seemed to drift through the skylanes wreathed in the auroral gleam of their headlamps when they were really blazing hundreds of kilometers an hour. Space traffic rose and descended in thinner, angled dashes to and from domed spaceports or floating landing pads suspended above the gloom-wrapped depths between superstructures and the fathomless abyss that made up the undercity.

The effect was simply dazzling.

It was difficult for anyone to believe that only four years had passed since Coruscant's restoration had begun. The Senate District had been completely rebuilt to a near mirror image of what it had been before the Yuuzhan Vong had razed it and terraformed the planet into a grotesque parody of itself the invaders called Yuuzhan'tar. The identical restructuring had been more an act of defiance than unwillingness to change, a way of proclaiming to all that anything knocked down on the Galactic Capital would be built up again.

For two months, the world had once again been home to the galaxy's government, relocating from Denon which had temporarily held the title of capital in the years since the war's end. It had been called the New Republic when Coruscant fell?it was the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances now.

Little had changed besides the name.

Most of the Senate's surrounding districts had been similarly rebuilt, while construction continued night and day across the rest of the world. The lower levels were said to still be infested with crusts of yorik coral, tangles of slashvines, patches of glow lichen, and even haunted by the occasional feral Yuuzhan Vong creature, but the World Brain, which was still swimming in a sulfur-steaming pool of bubbling slime in the planet's heart, had reversed most of the Vongforming and allowed the construction droids to ground unsalvageable towers down to Coruscant's hidden surface and rebuild them anew.

The Sah'c District was again home to some of the galaxy's wealthiest and most powerful beings. The Works had returned to filling the skies above it with pillars of smoke. The Financial District was flourishing. The Palace District was crowded with galactic leaders and ambassadors. And the Uscru Entertainment District had reclaimed its place as the heart of Coruscant's vibrant nightlife.

Uscru was aglow with neon promises, bright pinks and blues and greens that shone happily from clubs and cantinas, large panel viewscreens, scrawled beneath streaming bridge displays in Aurebesh, or in stunning holographic advertisements that rotated as floating silos of light to be seen in every direction, inviting Coruscant's inhabitants into the night to satisfy all manner of proclivities. The searchlights in front of the Galaxies Opera House swept across the sky, powerful beams that flagged down passing airspeeders with their majesty and burned into the stratosphere. Beyond them was a plaza of neon-emblazoned establishments for drinking and dancing and gambling?virtually any sort of socializing beings wished to do to standing, sitting, or even lying down.

One such club was Sector Zero.

Its name came from an old military designation for Coruscant and its neighboring star systems. Sector Zero
  24. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina always ends up in trouble ... then her brother is a specialist for that too :p
  25. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great chapter, but it didn't seem long enough. :p And thanks for adding me to the PM list.

"I hate it when he does that."

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens when Kyp gets to Zonama Sekot and I really hope that plenty of Yuuzhan Vong survived.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade