main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yes. Malig will remove his mask after infecting Luke with his disease Force power and say to him, "It's not a tumah!"

pssh. You're welcome [face_mischief]

Interesting. I'm not sure how many followers Rodan has left, but there's certainly a trail of victims. I won't comment on whether you should be sympathetic to Rodan or not, but he's one of my favorites. He's essentially the Nom Anor of this series.

Yeah, I feel bad for her. Add to that the Jedi deaths, when she had been working with them some. I wanted a scene with her here since we hadn't addressed her survival since Anakin found her on the Exodus and put her in an escape pod by herself.

All good points. The news of the Jedi deaths on Tatooine isn't really supposed to convince the reader that they are dead, it's just supposed to make you wonder what the heck is going on. I'm not actually trying to fool any of you on this one :p

Thrawn and Pellaeon, together again and attacking Coruscant [face_mischief]

Good points about what might result from the attack. Those all sound like strong possibilities.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

That's true. It might be just the thing to spur him into action and do the right thing. Doesn't seem like he's going to do it on his own at this point.

Yeah, as I said above, I know no one is going to believe I killed all the Skywalkers and Solos off-screen. We'll find out more about what's going on there in the "Sandstorm" chapter.

A safe assumption. There are characters I would kill off screen, but probably not all the main characters.

Good idea! Not sure the Jedi had those on hand though. (Speaking of which, with Halo and most of their allies gone, whatever Jedi are still alive are probably going to have some serious supply problems.

That would be my question. As far as it being misdirection meant to fool Malig into complacency, I can't imagine Malig buying that or the Jedi even thinking he would. It's an interesting idea though. Maybe they're trying to fool someone else. Maybe they're not trying to fool anyone, or someone else is doing the fooling.

That he might stay alive a little longer, or find another way out of this mess. It's a stupid hope, but he really doesn't want to die.

I guess without knowing exactly what it is Malig plans to do with the Reckoner, it's hard to say exactly what the impact of a potential victory for Thrawn at Coruscant would mean. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her before the end of the story.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Ha! That's awesome. I had to look up Ar-Pharazon cuz I haven't read any Tolkien in a long while, but that's a great comparison.

Thanks!

There was a lot of arguing earlier in the story between Luke and Thrawn about the next course of action. Thrawn wanted to take the fight directly to the Alliance instead of just focusing on the Raithians and Luke was against that. Now that Luke is gone, Thrawn is free to prosecute the war in the way he wants. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that's good or not. It might mean a lot of good people dying.

Glad you like the scenes.

Wow, I like it! Rodan seems like an obvious person to kill in the story, so thinking about what might happen if he survives is certainly interesting.

Yeah, I doubt all the Jedi are dead.

It's an interesting twist, I think.

Thanks for reading :D

[face_laugh]

Nice. And yes, I totally agree. The average Coruscanti has to just be rolling their eyes at this point when they hear they are part of a new government.

Thanks for reading :)

Luke!

[face_mischief]

Thanks for reading :)

I'm sure the twin suns will be rising on Tatooine any minute now... [face_whistling]

Thanks for reading!

Okay, I'm working on Chapter 53, but I have also been doing some rewrites to Chapter 50 (and 49) under @Rew's advisement. I didn't do a very good job of staying in Kyle's POV, got too prosey, and there was a totally embarrassing half of the story where I kept calling Tesar "Saba" that all needed fixin'. Beyond that, here is how Chapters 49 and 50 are going to change: Instead of Kyle being awake and telling his story to the group, he's going to be unconscious and Luke and Mara are going to find a log he made on the journey from Tython to Tatooine. This was my original idea but I scraped it at the time because I thought it would be more effective to hear the tale directly from Kyle's mouth after Luke's big speech in Chapter 48. After Talking to Rew though, I agree that it needs to be changed. If you've already read these chapters, there's no real need to go back and reread them after I post the new versions if you don't want to, none of the important events or information are changing, it's just kind of an FYI thing. Sorry about that, I don't like to make changes after a post is already up, but I think this will make those chapters a lot better.

Also, as I said a few weeks ago, I'll be gone for like a week starting this weekend. When I get back, Chapter 53 should be ready to go though, and we'll get to see what Malig, Jacen, Ben, and even Callista are up to. Also, a Namtar flashback.

Durroness, anakin_sal-solo and Rew like this.
  2. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I can actually see Londo and Rodan having drinks, swapping stories of their tales of woe. :p Can also draw some parallels to the situation Rodan's in now, and the situation Londo gets into later on in Babylon 5. I would only say Rodan has it easier since I know how Londo's story ends.

Well, my guess (think I said it earlier) is that they want the galaxy to think they're dead so that no one goes looking for them. Now whether or not it fools Malig is another matter. Not sure right now what else this little charade would be for.

As it was meant to be... [face_love]

:p

So... Coruscant is 20th century Russia?

Nice. Hopefully Legend of Korra and Agents of SHIELD will tide me over until then.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    A month since this thread was even active....

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sorry about that. As I said earlier in the thread, I've been away on a trip (jail), but I will be back and posting soon. I definitely haven't run off and forgotten about the story or anything. When I'm home, I plan on getting several chapters up before the end of the year.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a Happy Halloween. I miss you all :)

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Someone recently put all of Yobi's fics together in a Dropbox (I think that's what it was anyway). Does anyone have a link to that? Thanks in advance. [face_peace]

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks--and I'm bookmarking them this time! :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Hey, just want to let you guys no I'm still alive and kicking. I've had SO MUCH RL stuff lately, but I'm trying to get caught up. Yobi, it's been so long that I've forgotten a few key details :p I'm currently about 10 pages back but I hope to get caught up soon!

EDIT: That moment when you get caught up the next morning. Yobi, considering I've wanted to reread everything from Revolution onwards, I think you should repost all your stories somewhere so that we can go back and see the Yobiverse from the top.

It's been ages since I've had a chance to read this, but it still grips me the way it always has. I hope my own fanfic could end up half as profound as your stories have been, if I even manage to get started on it.

YodaKenobi and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
  10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Somehow in catching up, I missed this!!

Mara: I could kiss him!

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Another month has passed and here we are again....

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    My apologies. I've been very busy the last 3 months with some real life matters. The good news is I'm am fairly certain that there will be a new post before Christmas :)

Also, someone PMed me today asking if I was serious when I said I was in jail, so in case anyone else is confused, that was definitely a joke :p

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and are doing well :D

Xammer and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Yayyyyy!! Yobi's back! It's a Christmas miracle :p

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    You are counting your chickens before they hatch. You have a group of eggs, and you expect them to hatch into a bunch of fluffy young chicks. But you may end up with a bunch of cold, lifeless eggs....

Sorry, I couldn't think of the Star Wars equivalent of chickens and eggs :p

15. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Haha, well he said there'd likely be a post by Christmas, so that's what I was getting at there. My patience with Yobi has always been richly rewarded :)

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So if Yobi is right about getting a new post before Christmas, does that mean we should expect an update in... the next few hours? :p

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    I think he meant next Christmas lol

19. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I fear you may be right.

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Gloating is a bit undignified, but....

I told you so!

21. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Reread Revolution and caught back up in less than 2 months. I feel more knowledgeable about everything again, and now I long evermore to read the next chapter! Of course, I decided to skip the sexy bathtub scene. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge is right about it being Fan Disservice. :p

22. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    I reread Kyle's Story and the other two afterwards and have to say that they were awesome and Yobi . . . you MUST hurry and finish the next chapter before I take a shot at it :p

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Darth Malig is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Retracted.

25. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Not to be unkind, Vialco, but I hardly think you're helping any. Yobi will post when he's ready, picking on him for taking too long will likely only slow him down.