main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How about your story?
    Good job.

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    7 months now without an update. :( I'm not going to lie, even my faith is beginning to be shaken for this story...

3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    ASoIaF fans have to wait years to get the next story. 7 months? Hah.

4. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Perhaps Yobi is spacing things out to make the finale of this story coincide with the opening of Episode VII.

Or Episode IX. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Or he has them all done and is trolling us.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  6. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I have a theory. Nothing exotic, but it works. Yobi's keyboard is broken, and he can't type out replies.

...Well, give me credit for trying. :p

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  7. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Maybe YodaKenobi will update now that Game of Thrones is over.

8. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Doesn't look like it.

9. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Nine months to the day since YodaKenobi last let us know he had any intention of continuing this story, and now over a year since the last chapter was posted. I'm still optimistic about his return, but...this is disheartening.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  10. JamesSkywalker

JamesSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 8, 2011
    Who is Darth Malig?

11. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Darth Malig is
    Namtar Osyris ;)

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    :) Keeping my fingers crossed that we will see a new chapter soon.

13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Your fingers are going to get cramped...

windu4 likes this.
  14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Vialco I know, but I can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I've long since given up on this but this is quite frankly, the best fanfic series I've ever read and it really sucks that I'm not going to see how it ends.

16. JamesSkywalker

JamesSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 8, 2011
    YodaKenobi can we get a definitive answer on whether this will ever be finished or maybe even a data dump of what you had planned out? I am a big Asioaf fan so I am used to waiting a long time but at least I know that one day the winds of winter will come out and that GRRM is working on the story. I get through it by rereading the old books at least once a year, to freshen up on the story. But I can't do that with your work despite its excellent quality because of the painful lack of conclusion.

GrandMasterKatarn and Rew like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone throw us a bone here!

18. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Darth Malig is most displeased with your current lack of progress.

19. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Everyone is most displeased with YodaKenobi 's lack of progress

20. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

I agree with James here, YodaKenobi. I mean, it's fine and there's no shame in throwing in the towel if you've moved on to other things in life, but can we at least get some sort of word--one way or another--that you're either still working on this or if we should not get our hopes up for any further updates? Just knowing you've stopped with the story would be better than being left hanging for who-knows-how-long.

21. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Hey, guys. I apologize for letting all these months slide by without posting a new chapter or an update of any kind. I've been very busy and things kept coming up, and I didn't have much news to share on the story front so I kept putting it off.

Yes, I am still working on this story and will finish it. I've actually been writing every day since August and am starting to get some momentum again. It took some time after not writing for awhile. I had written chapter 53 twice and tore it down completely and wrote it a third time until I now have it in a form I'm happy with. Only took a year :p I finished the rewrites for chapters 49, 50, and 51 (these are the changes I mentioned earlier revolving around Kyle's story, making it a holorecording he made now rather than having him relate his story directly to the Jedi gathered on Tatooine.).

So new stuff should be coming soon. I'm sorry it has taken so long and that I didn't say something sooner. It just got more difficult as time went on since I didn't have anything to say and when I did sit down to write chapters I had terrible writer's block. I appreciate those of you who have stuck with this despite the immense delays the last couple years. More than I can express.

Chapter 53's titled has been changed to "The Undying". I'm hoping to have it up by Halloween. Maybe I'll post a teaser from it or something before then.

22. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    After all this time I had come to make peace with never seeing the end of this story, old friend. That being said, I'm glad see that isn't the case, after all. I'm glad you hadn't forgotten, and I get writers block. I haven't written much in the last myself. There's no shame in admitting when you're in a slump. It's good to still have you with us.

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    We're just glad to have you back, old friend! I can't wait to see the story continue!

24. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
  25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Very glad to see you back!! Looking forward to whatever comes next. :)