Beyond The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 9/9/13!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah. That was totally expected. I mean, Dathomir? That planet is like taboo because of all of those Nightsisters and what not.

Still, should be interesting to see how they get out of it.

Fantastic update as usual, YK.
  2. corran2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Great chapter and cliffhanger. What does Malig want with Dathomiri witches? Are they part of his plan for the Reckoner, like Zonama Sekot? Lots of possiblities there. Can't wait for next week!
  3. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    good chapter, if a little short. i hope u show more of Wrev, he's a character that i like.

update soon.
  4. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I always think Dathomir has a ton a potential for stories. :cool:

I do love the way you write Jaina....strong, emotional, willful, but still in control of herself. =D=

Profic lately seems to be giving less and less credit to our female characters, which I find so sad. (Leia was my lst big action hero as a little girl)

I can't wait for Anakin to wander into the middle of this situation! [face_laugh]
  5. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    I, too, like how you write Jaina. You inject a sort of confidence into her that the books lack.

I assume Jonah is Jacen and Tenel Ka's son?

Do I sense something potentially brewing between Jaina and Wrev. I wouldn't mind that. He's a cool guy.

Anyways, great update again! Keep up the good work.
  6. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    9th, I am. Wrev just makes me want to grin.:D There, all better.:p But there was an irritating sort of charm about him that made Jaina waver between wanting to punch him in the face and kick him in the crotch. Hmm, which one would hurt less?:p You could always do both.[face_mischief]
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Maggy: so Jaina is in trouble ... I think Anakin will be no kind of help

You underestimate his powers :mad:

:p

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Dreadwar: First!
    Oops, second.

It was very close :p

Great chapter!

Thanks!

Nice to see Jaina and Dathomir again. I feel like I haven't seen them in a long time. Of course, we haven't actually seen Dathomir before in Legacy of the Sith.

Very true. It popped up in canon this year at least :p We haven't seen Jaina since the last post in Lands of the Dead, when she was hovering around some bacta tanks :( I guess she'll have to make up for lost time and kick some extra ass now :cool:

Interesting about the Raithians though. I'm presuming they got the Nightsisters on their side, but how did they know who to strike?

That's an interesting theory [face_thinking] I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what happened.

And the Witches rock as always. Force-sensitives who call Force powers spells, wield spears and ride Rancors. Awesome.

Also, they're totally hot [face_drool]

8-}

Seriously though, the Withes of Dathomir are awesome [face_cowboy]

GMK: THIRD!

Nicely done =D=

Great, Jaina. Just great. you led them all into a trap, do you realize this?

Well, Lura V was actually the one that led them into the trap. Jaina just followed :p

Even if Anakin gets there in time, whats to stop the Nightsisters and Lura V from killing all of you?

Good manners? [face_worried]

You make an excellent point. They're all gonna die! :_|

I hate to say this, bu the next time Wrev has a bad feeling, listen to him. It will be better for all.

I don't know that that's the best advice :p He was right this time, but he also kind of got his ass kicked too 8-}

Great post, Yobi. Can't wait for more.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D More on Friday!

Phoenix5: Yeah. That was totally expected. I mean, Dathomir? That planet is like taboo because of all of those Nightsisters and what not.

Yeah, they had to make an appearance [face_mischief] It just wouldn't be complete without them.

Still, should be interesting to see how they get out of it.

I'm sure they'll think of something 8-}

Fantastic update as usual, YK.

Thank you very much, and thanks for reading and replying :D

corran: Great chapter and cliffhanger.

Thanks! It seemed like the best place to end it [face_mischief]

What does Malig want with Dathomiri witches? Are they part of his plan for the Reckoner, like Zonama Sekot?

This is a great question, and a good theory. I'd say you may be on to something here...

Lots of possiblities there. Can't wait for next week!

We'll be going elsewhere on Friday, but we'll be back to Dathomir in a few chapters.

shahid_chestro: good chapter,

Thanks!

if a little short.

I think the next one is another 8,500 word monstrosity, if that makes up for it :p

i hope u show more of Wrev, he's a character that i like.

Good to hear. There will be a lot more of Wrev in this one that the last fic, when he was out of it for most of the story because we couldn't know what he was up to :p This will be more like The Age of Heroes and Exodus as far as his involvement.

update soon.

Will do.

TSF: I always think Dathomir has a ton a potential for stories.

I agree. There's a lot of cool stuff there [face_thinking]

I do love the way you write Jaina....strong, emotional, willful, but still in control of herself.

Aw, thanks [face_blush] She's one of my favorites, as you know, so that's good to hear.
  8. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Typical. One would think that Jedi would be smarter than that.

Ever since I first discovered the character of Jaina Solo, I anticipated that she would have so much potential for contributions to just about any story. More importantly, why is it that this Jaina is being systematically isolated from practically everybody with whom she once had strong relationships? That is suspicious, but I can't say why exactly...

And why is it that time and time again she becomes relegated to the role of a second-rate-damsel-in-distress while her wayward siblings spend their time attempting to destroy pretty much anything and anybody they can (especially each other) while Jaina remains ineffectual despite the fact that she could whip them both anytime she felt like it.

What a waste. It would really be something if it turns out that Jaina is actually the Sith'ari, and everything depends upon her at one pivotal moment that nobody sees coming.

9. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Easy there, Negative Nancy.

After all, Jaina is like Rorschach. She's not stuck on Dathomir with all those Nightsisters. They're stuck there with her. (And Tenel Ka and Alema and Wrev and Lowbacca, etc.) [face_mischief]
  10. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, Nightsisters. Well, at least it ain't the Sith. Yet. ^^

Good chapter! :)
  11. PalarasAndhek Jedi Padawan

Wow, I just started reading this one :oops: So glad I did though.

First, I have to applaud how strong the writing is in this fic=D= You have a very adept knack for colorful descriptions, making the picture presented so captivating. Also, you have strong characterizations woven really well into the intricacies of the plot. Awesome! I love all the layers to this story, and can imagine all the directions this plot will go in.

And to jump off of what some other people have been saying, I also enjoy the way you've written Jaina. She's one of my favorite characters, and I've been really disappointed in how... bland they've made her in FotJ. It's so refreshing to read her this way.

Great job, please add me to the PM list! :)
  12. Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Master

star 2
    It's offical! You shocked out all my shock! :_| (if thats possible :p )

:oops: JAINA! HELLO, did you even catch on to that? [face_shame_on_you] What are we going to do with you?

Now watch, rather some one *cough-cough* Anakin *cough-cough* is going to rescue her OR she & her kick-butt Jedi buddies are going to get out of this just fine.

But they are Nghtsister, soo......this could might get intresting. :D

Looking forward to more! =D=
  13. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This promises to be interesting, to say the least.[face_mischief] And why does Wrev remind me so much of Han(Solo, who elseo_O)?
  14. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    L0B0: Typical. One would think that Jedi would be smarter than that.

Yeah. Even Jedi walk into traps sometimes, I guess :p

Ever since I first discovered the character of Jaina Solo, I anticipated that she would have so much potential for contributions to just about any story.

I agree. I think Jaina is a great character in that way.

More importantly, why is it that this Jaina is being systematically isolated from practically everybody with whom she once had strong relationships? That is suspicious, but I can't say why exactly...

I'm not sure what you mean [face_thinking]

And why is it that time and time again she becomes relegated to the role of a second-rate-damsel-in-distress while her wayward siblings spend their time attempting to destroy pretty much anything and anybody they can (especially each other) while Jaina remains ineffectual despite the fact that she could whip them both anytime she felt like it.

Again, I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Jaina has had more scenes in the 8 stories of this series than her siblings, and even had one story that was almost entirely hers?Empire of the Hand. It was also only two stories ago in Exodus that she was the one going head to head with her brother (Jacen) and stopped the fight to save a man (Wrev). I've never seen Jaina as a damsel-in-distress, or as somehow inferior to her brothers and I hope I haven't written her that way.

What a waste. It would really be something if it turns out that Jaina is actually the Sith'ari, and everything depends upon her at one pivotal moment that nobody sees coming.

That would be interesting. We know back in The Age of Heroes she was actually the popular choice between the Sith for a number of reasons but their focus soon became Jacen, and to a lesser extent, Anakin.

Rew: After all, Jaina is like Rorschach. She's not stuck on Dathomir with all those Nightsisters. They're stuck there with her. (And Tenel Ka and Alema and Wrev and Lowbacca, etc.)

[face_laugh]

One of my favorite lines of all-time. I love that comic. When the psychiatrist reads that line you finally realize

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things play out with the Nightsisters. I think there will be some surprises ;)

Magnuskn: Oh, Nightsisters. Well, at least it ain't the Sith. Yet. ^^

Or are they? [face_thinking]

:p

Good chapter!

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

PalarasAndhek: Wow, I just started reading this one So glad I did though.

Cool :D Always nice to see a new face. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :)

First, I have to applaud how strong the writing is in this fic You have a very adept knack for colorful descriptions, making the picture presented so captivating. Also, you have strong characterizations woven really well into the intricacies of the plot. Awesome! I love all the layers to this story, and can imagine all the directions this plot will go in.

Wow, thank you [face_blush] That's very nice of you to say. This is a fairly complex story with a lot of plot lines and characters. Hopefully they'll all reach a satisfying resolution in this one.

And to jump off of what some other people have been saying, I also enjoy the way you've written Jaina. She's one of my favorite characters, and I've been really disappointed in how... bland they've made her in FotJ. It's so refreshing to read her this way.

Aw, thanks :) Jaina is one of my favorites too and I always love writing her. I too have been disappoitned with her in FotJ, and with large chunks in LotF as well.

Here's hoping that improves...

Great job, please add me to the PM list!

Will do. Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Goddess_At_Heart: It's offical! You shocked out all my shock! (if thats possible )

I'm not sure it is, but I won't doubt you :p

JAINA! HELLO, did you even catc
  15. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Your no fun!:p Have you heard about that Prince of Persia movie?
  16. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    As a random aside, the newest Legacy comic issue has a new character named Darth Havok, who doesn't seem to be what he/she appears
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    PirateofRohan: Your no fun!

I know, I know :p

Have you heard about that Prince of Persia movie?

I have. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not much of a Jerry Bruckheimer fan, so this would have to get outstanding reviews for me to chance seeing it :p I never played the games, but they always looked cool.

I take it you're looking forward to this one?

I'm a lot more excited about Christopher Nolan's new movie =P~

PointGiven: As a random aside, the newest Legacy comic issue has a new character named Darth Havok, who doesn't seem to be what he/she appears

Thanks for the heads up. I'll begin preparing my lawsuit now :-B

Seriously though, that's awesome, and I really like the other major spoiler from that issue [face_whistling] I really, really need to catch up on Legacy now!

New post tomorrow. Hope you guys like it :D
  18. Darth_Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, you can forget the movie, Yobi, but you've got to play the games! :p At least Sands of Time, anyway.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter...

Whoa, whoa, it's happy? :eek: No fair, I was told this was the end of all light! :p [face_laugh]
  19. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, the games are awesome!:D Regardless the reviews of the movie, I'm probably gonna see it anyway, just for the heck of it.:) Maybe this time I will finally be the first post![face_praying]
  20. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Dreadwar: Oh, you can forget the movie, Yobi, but you've got to play the games! At least Sands of Time, anyway.

I meant to play it years and years ago and never got around to it. I have a copy somewhere still in the shrinkwrap. It's embarrassing how many games I have that way :p

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter...
    Whoa, whoa, it's happy? No fair, I was told this was the end of all light!

Consider this your momentary interlude from despair :p We'll be back to bleakness and tragedy soon though, I promise! [face_beatup]

Rohan: Yeah, the games are awesome!

They certainly look it :D

Regardless the reviews of the movie, I'm probably gonna see it anyway, just for the heck of it.

Hey, sometimes movies get panned unfairly. We all have movies we love that critics told us were garbage *coughsPrequelscoughs* I hope you like it :)

Maybe this time I will finally be the first post!

I'll be rooting for you :p

New post in a few [face_peace]
  21. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 6: Home Again

The generator hummed quietly to life as its timed cycle began, sending filtered streams of artificial daylight through the slatted autoblinds that covered the false window. Golden brilliance shined through in bent stripes that cascaded across a pile of rumpled sheets on the bed and warmed the bodies beneath.

Luke Skywalker felt one of these bands of light on his face, casting the darkness of his dreams away and heating his closed eyelids a transparent pink.

He opened his eyes and smiled.

Lying across from him, her limbs tangled with his own and knots of awry bedding, was his wife.

Mara Jade Skywalker's ocean of red hair was tousled and matted in a beautiful mess, spilling across her pillow and his, dancing down her neck and shoulders, curling on her cheek, while a single wavy tendril hung over her closed eyes like a blindfold. Shafts of light stretched over her bare back in bright segments that bleached her already milky skin a starker white and exposed clusters of barely visible freckles. The wonderful line of his wife's back and bumps of her spine ended in a skirt of bunched sheets, from which emerged a single naked thigh draped warmly over Luke's hip.

It was hard for him to believe that what he was seeing was not an illusion, not some torturous mirage that would evaporate the moment he reached for her.

She was really there.

After almost a year of fighting to get back to his wife and son, after clinging to nothing but the hope of seeing them again, and eventually losing even that, she was really there beside him again.

In the four months since his return from Raithian imprisonment on Apollyon, Luke Skywalker woke every morning to this same sight, and realized more than ever that he was an extraordinarily lucky man.

His wife must have felt him stir, as one of her emerald eyes fluttered open, her long lashes batting the tendril of red hair that had fallen there aside. A lazy smile pulled at the corners of Mara's pink lips when she saw him watching her.

"Morning," she said, closing her eye again. "Creep."

"Good morning," Luke replied, his smile broadening.

"You sleep okay?"

"I did. You?"

"Mm," she nodded.

"We could turn that off, you know," Luke offered, inclining his head toward the window and the light shimmering through. "Stay in bed awhile."

Mara shook her head. "He's going to be up soon," she said. "And hungry."

The Jedi Master snorted. "I'll take care of it?you stay and sleep a bit."

"You sure?"

Luke swung his legs off of the bed and reached for a loose pair of sleep pants in a heap on the floor. "Yeah. I don't mind."

"Okay," Mara allowed with mock-resignation. "You convinced me."

"And I didn't even have to use the Force."

Pulling the pants on, Luke stood up from the bed and was a half-step toward the chamber's circular hatchway when he turned back around, leaned over the bed and placed his lips on his wife's forehead. Before he could pull away, Mara surprised him by lifting her mouth to his in a languid kiss.

"Thanks," she said when their lips parted, her green eyes peeking through drowsy lashes for only a moment before disappearing again.

"You're very welcome," Luke assured her.

He would have liked to have taken the time to do some brief meditation, stretching, and even some calisthenics to bring him fully awake?all of which were a part of his typical morning routine?but it just wasn't an option today. Without any more delays, Luke stepped through the bedchamber's hatchway and sauntered into the living area of the Skywalkers' new quarters.

While they were a far cry from the dormitories at the Temple on Ossus or the apartments they'd owned on Denon and Coruscant, the accommodations they'd been given on the space station called "Halo" were adequate in most ways and certainly cozy when the heating system was functioning properly?and they were a vast, vast improvement over the prison cells Luke had maintained residence in over most of the last year
  22. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    First!

Haha, I even beat Maggy. ;)
  23. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    aww happy family time
    and Luke is trying to match make?
  24. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Third!Darn it! So close! If Tahiri thinks Luke's hiding something, he's probably hiding something. I can't believe I got third!
  25. MasterGhandalf Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but great final fic so far! I loved the scenes with Luke and his family, especially in their cotnrast to the soul-numbingly awful Apollyon. I'm hoping we'll get to see more of Malig's journal, too- I imagine there's a lot of interesting things in there, though I doubt he'd put his full plans down in writing even for himself. Glad to see Tahiri again, and I think it's good that she's having what Faybol and Harrow did to her reversed, though I do wonder if the vaa-tumer is going to have some other effect or not. I'm also curious as to what Luke's not telling her...

Again, great job! Keep it up!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade