main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The End of Days ( post ATOC ) updated 3-20 3rd installment

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by boady22, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Not my world, just my playground.
    Enjoy

It had been months since the ensuing attack of the new republic clone army at Genosis, but the turmoil that had been bred there did not stop there. Many other systems fell into civil unrest. The republic lost more of hold in the galaxy as the worlds battled. At this rate the old ways will fall.

War has broken out over the majority of the galaxy as planets vie for which faction they wished to be part of. The Jedi had obviously underestimated the depth at which the Sith had buried themselves in the galaxy.

Loyal systems, ones that swore allegiance to the Republic and only the Republic no found themselves in the midst of Civil War. Calamari, Malastar, Corellia, are only a few of the Republics most reputable planets who now found themselves in such peril.

As a result, the Senate stands still. Most of the senators now turn to their home planets, looking to mend the damage being done while placing little interest in what comes before the Republic.

From the Core, a new threat emerges. Travelers from the inner section of the galaxy bring news of a vicious Navy sowing destruction to planets and governments loyal to the Republic. Unmatched, and unstoppable, this fleet seems even more deadly than all of the Sith lords combined.

As for the Republic, it seems the end is near????

2. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 1999
    A few mixed up words and grammar problems there friend,

It had been months...

Loyal systems, ones that swore allegiance

War has broken out... faction they wish to be part of (mixed tense)

than all of the histories of theSith lords combined.

Looks like a good start to a story, it would be a shame for these little mistakes to distract from it.

3. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    sorry bout that, just wrote it this morning and i have no beta so hey not the fitst mistakes i've made and wont be the last

sorry

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Mistakes are fine- we're only human after all. All that matters is that you realize that you've made them and you fix them. And apparently you have, because I didn't see any when I read through it...

And it seems like a very interesting start. I'm intrigued to where you're going with this. Please write more soon.

5. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    thank you very much. I'm planning to post the first part later tonight so keep around. Gald to have a couple of readers.

6. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Commenor
    (Loyal to the Republic)

Static skipped over the electronic display coming out of the holo-projector. A small humaniod figure stood before it waiting for a reply form his earlier address. None came. Small etchings, probally tribal markings, covered the figures face and were barely visable through the projection.

As was ritual on Commenor, as one came to great power, their stories and those stories of their ancestors were told by these markings. The simple fact that those could be viewed with the holo-emitter ment that this person held a worthy rank both in government and in military.

?I repeat, I am Governor Otall, prime leader and Head of Defense for Commenor. Please state your purpose in Commenor space, or else your presence here will be viewed as hostile?.

The image almost faded, but the communications officer aboard the Deifance toggled a few switches bringing the image back to full life.

The bridge of the Defiance boomed with activities as the crew prepared for what was next to come. Officers stood their post while crewmen tended their duties. Information scrolled across displays as sensors pinpointed military targets and cities throughout the planet. They had been here before, seven times before, and they knew that Commenor would fall just like all the others had. It was only a matter of time now.

?I repeat, I am Governor??.

?Its disgusting how they whine is it not?, Captain Adas asked his mentor.

Admiral Tarkin made no reply, he simply studied the markings on the mans face as if he were somehow able to decipher them. Finally he broke the silence, ?not disgusting, but interesting?, he paused. ?Surely he has herd of a fleet such as this, and still he does not raise his defenses.

?Perhaps they have requested assistance from the Republic and mistakenly assumed us to be it?, the Captain added.

The Admiral stood shutting off the holo-projector, ?it is a possibility, however I feel that our crew will not get the experience I had hoped they would get?.

?Admiral, our crew is well trained and ready. As of now all ten of the fleets Star Destroyers are in position awaiting orders. Recon has identified over two-hundred and fifty military targets, and over one-hundred seventy-five civilian targets. With their defenses down we will eradicate the Commenor system and be on our way within a standard day. Sir, we await your orders?.

Tarkin turned his attention toward the bridge and began barking orders with the utmost confidence, ?raise tactical. They will soon deploy their fighters, when they do mark those bases as immediate. Take out those bases and the fighters will have no place to land and refuel. We should only expect one wave. The fighters will not be our concern. Target primary targets, then have our TIE fighters take to secondary targets?.

After cutting the transmission with Commenor, Tarkin knew it would not be long. The Governor would see that as an act of aggression and then launch his fighters, exactly what the Admiral hoped for.

As if his final thoughts were commands spoken by the Governor, tactical operations located several flights of snubfighters heading toward the fleet. In range of around five-hundred, the small fighters presented little threat to the operation.

A mangled swarm of headhunters and other light fighters stormed toward the lumbering destroyers, lasers paving the way. Tarkin?s fleet stood strong taking the blunt of the attack as showers of laser fire rained down on the ships shields. The ragtag fighters were visible through the view port as they passed by.

The Admiral watched the insignificant nuisances pass by before returning his attention to the task at hand, ?Report?.

?Defiance shields holding at ninety-seven percent sir. They have done no damage to us or the fleet?.

?Recon?, he questioned before turning his attention toward the console.

?Targets acquired sir. Relaying coordinates to tactical now. All operations officers throughout the fleet reports that they have received loca

7. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Whoa...so the Republic is ending. And Tarkin is a major figure in it. I like this. I'm intrigued to where you're going with it...

Anyway, good job. No mistakes jumped out of me, but it's really late and I'm really tired, so I could have easily missed some- or you didn't make any...

8. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Alethia thanks for the read over. I know how you feel. its pretty late here also. I did my best to proof it but I'm no english major. I plan to jump around a little, tell different stories at once and see where it goes. Hope you enjoy.

9. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
  10. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    I should be putting up the next post either later on tonight or early tomorrow morning!!!

11. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

ROON
    (formerly of the Republic, now in civil war)

Jedi Knight Nejaa Halcyon stood tall behind the glow of his silver blade. It was the beginning of the cold season in the dark half of Roon, and here in the dusk colored depths of this forest of conifers, it had already begun to snow. The tiny flakes disappeared only moments before landing on the sliver blade of the saber. The ground was cold and wet, covered in a light mist of fresh snow mixed with fallen needles from the enormous conifers.

He had been on this planet for over two weeks now, as had eight other Jedi Knights and a sizeable defense team. After Genosis, Roon quickly fell into a split government, one side wishing to stay with the Republic, and one side wishing to back the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

In response to the loyalists pleas for help, the Republic sent troops and asked for the help of the Jedi in leading them. Upon arrival the Republic force found the planet already occupied by forces from the Confederacies Droid Army. Since that day, two weeks ago, it has been the job of the Jedi to remove any of those people being held against their will on Roon, and if possible help retake the planet, a task which now seemed impossible.

Nejaa stretched out with the force trying his best to locate his young padawan. They had gotten separated earlier and he had been looking for him ever since. Closing his eyes, Nejaa pushed his force power limits. Coldness hit him, a message from the force, and he opened his eyes then reflexively parried three blaster bolts back into the direction they were fired from, scorching two battle droids, part of a pack that had been trailing him for a while now. He could have easily lost the machines but he feared that they might pick up on the trail of his padawan and then get to him before the knight could.

Not wanting to stay still, knight Halcyon picked up the pace and continued on. Now able to see his breath, Nejaa pushed harder with his mind to find his young apprentice.

Finally he found a glimpse of him in the force, bringing him to a complete stop. Again he closed his eyes, ?Valin, show me where you are. Send me a picture of something near by. Help me?, he sent through the force as he spoke. He paused shutting down his lightsaber, and leaned up against one of the towering trees then slowly slid down its root into a squatting position.

Neither Jedi were that strong in levitating objects, which was common among Jedi of Corellian descent. However there ability to project images and reach others minds was much stronger than most others. Nejaa now relied on Valin and his ability to do just that. It would be almost impossible to find him before the droid soldiers did. This was there only chance.

A small vision came into the knights mind, more of the forest in which he already stood. Nothing impressive stood out in the image. He focused harder trying his best to pick out some small discrepancy, a uniqueness to make the place easier to find. Nothing new came out.

Blaster fire once again sounded of behind Nejaa. He ducked low and rolled out, then jumped to his feet with a silver snap hiss. Five super battle droids charged forward with blaster fire reeling from their arm. The Jedi deflected what he could, while dodging the rest, and only returning two shots which scored harmless hits. The droids continued to charge.

Feeling the snowflakes sting his face, Nejaa sped off toward the charging five. One meter away from the group the knight entered a forward roll, swinging his saber as he took out two sets of robotic legs. Finishing off his maneuver, he sprang to his feet stabbing the silver blade through a third droid.

Three down two to go. With a quickness only belonging to a Jedi, the knight moved with blinding speed to avoid three short range burst from the still operational droids. Then he followed through with a flying side-kick sending the fourth one to the ground. Wheeling himself around behind his lightsaber, he was able to catch a glimpse

12. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Nice. You had Neeja in it- great. Seeing how Jedi Trial is the only post AOTC-pre ROTS book I've read as of yet, I've begun to really like his character. And you wrote it well. I really hope that he finds the Padawan. And that bounty hunter... I hope that nothing happens. Neeja really needs to hurry up.

Anyway, nice job- I liked the chapter. And thanks for the PM...

13. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Alethia
    glad you liked the post.
    Nejaa is a knight I readdy don't know much about. I haven't read Jedi Trial yet and I didn't know he was a charater in it. My only knowledge of him is from the rouge squadron series. Guess I'm going to have to look into that book. Anywaze, thanks for the input and a new sorce!

14. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    I'm going to post again tonight.

If anyone out there is reading feel free to pop up and say hey.....

15. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

Kashyyyk
    (Loyal to the Republic)

The beautiful green and blue orb of Kashyyyk hung silently in the darkness of space. The lush forest planet was the centerpiece of the Kashyyyk system. Often fair weathered and most highly regarded by the Republic, it was one of the most well known planets in the galaxy. Its inhabitants, Wookies, were among of the most highly feared species around given there large dimensions and short tempered attitudes. As one of the most well known and highly regarded planets in the Republic, it was imperative that it fall. Doing so would further remove a major leg from the Republics progressingly fragile frame. For it was also the center point of trade in that portion of the galaxy.

Out of the massiveness of space, following a piercing white light, five massive ships appeared out of the galaxy?s bleakness. Slowly the massive lumbering ships moved onward toward the planet Kashyyyk. Square in form, resembling the geometric formation of a flattened cube, their origin was easily identified.

Trashodian.

The scaly reptilian creatures occupied the inner half of the Kashyyyk system, and had long since been known for their distaste of Wookies. Now in this time of Galactic dispute they moved upon their neighboring foes.

Kashyyk had no orbital defense systems in place, it never had them before. Always peaceful in nature, and its occupants feared by reputation, it had never needed them. Now times had changed and the Trashodian battle cruisers moved easily into a star formation, surrounding the planet.

All five of the ships stopped simultaneously, opening up their torpedo bays, then began firing multiple projectiles toward the planets surface. Planetside, The wookies stopped what they were doing and stared as the sky lit up with star-like lights falling onward to the planet.

The long cylinder shaped projectiles plummeted into trees, shattering woshyr trunks and casting splinters about while others fell to the planets surface below. The canisters did not bury into their targets, and those who came close to doing so, began backing themselves out slowly.

Once freed, the large cylinders opened from its side as if splitting in two. Around twenty or more modified droidekas began piling out from each cylinder. More so resembling an arachnid than any species, the machines moved about easily through the trees, plowing their sharp legs into the trees for support.

Curious wookies received immediate death from blaster fire by the droidekas. It the midst of numerous howls, many locals took up bowcasters and charged onward. Hopeless out numbered the wookies fought. Blaster fire filled the air as wookies swung from tree to tree firing their bowcasters at the intruders. Smoke and fire began to appear from the forest, soon Thikkiana, Kashyyyks major city would fall and the wookies fate would soon be uncertain??.

COURSCANT
    (Home of the Republic)

Many Jedi gathered around a small table in front of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?s desk watching the holo-recording play out before them. In it, the planet Commenor took a severe pounding as laser bolts flashed out of the blue sky raining down terror upon the planet. Buildings fell, some exploded, none survived.

The recording then turned to a reporter who stood along side one of the brave individuals who fought against the menace. Tall and lanky, the figure only had a few tattoos identifying him as a low ranking individual. ?I am standing here on Commenor in the midst of all the destruction with one of the brave soldiers who recently fought in the attack against his home world?, the twi?elk addressed the camera. ?Pilot Ork Benig, please tell our viewers what went on. What prompted the attack? Who were these attackers? Tell us what you know?.

The dark haired individual stepped closer to the camera, smoking foundations of busted buildings filled the background, ?We have no idea why we were attacked. Our leader attempted to contact the Jedi but they did not respond??.?

The Jedi who had gathered around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.