main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The End of TCW is revealed

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Samayel_, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Then instead of kissing the TV he'll be able to kiss the cover of the box and keep it in his bed.

And certainly.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No better time for it then this season!

Ahsoka should be the final season's cover :D

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yet it will be Vader. =b.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Quite a few of TCW's writers have mentioned him pulling ideas from that giant folder for them to turn into episodes, I think that's usually how it goes.

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, they also announced SW would end after Return of the Jedi.
    Later on, they announced SW would end after Revenge of the Sith.
    And a couple of months ago, they announced SW will come back (ST).

=> TCW (or a sequel series) can come back as well after some time...

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Come back and reboot it again in 10 years?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Set after RTJ Anakin comes back from the dead and hangs saving souls in order to redeem and make amends for his evil deeds. Aided by his side kicks Ahsoka and Starkiller and force ghosts Obi-wan and Yoda come join us on this journey of redemption.

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Just imagine if they did that, with the Prequels and the Anakin of the PT was like the Anakin of the Clone wars rather than Jake LLoyd and Hayden.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've been behind this unpopular opinion. =b

fett 4 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm guessing the "giant folder" consists of a bunch of blank pages with a few scattered notes written on dirty napkins tucked throughout.

I refuse to believe that George Lucas was working on AOTC or ROTS, thought up the idea of corrupt Republic officials buy poisoned tea to save some money, realized there was no place for that in the films, and then tucked it away in case he ever decided to re-visit Star Wars.

That seems more like the crap someone comes up with last minute because he stayed up all night playing TOR and calling people n00bs because they're not pressing the spacebar during cutscenes, and forgetting he had to attend a writers meeting the following day, so he scribbled some notes on a napkin while grabbing an orange juice and hash brown on his way to work the day of. The note said "poison tea." He then gives the vague note to the writing team and tells them to have at it, and Cameron Litvack drew the short straw and was assigned as writer for the episode.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, Tarados, that is the same guy who thinks politics are the best thing about SW and is the one who pitched the Banking Regulations episodes... I personally am not surprised that Lucas would want to make an episode about corruption and tea scandals.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any shattering announcements here. Three more seasons is not a surprise, and I don't personally think the statement about transitioning into ROTS...

"Additionally the Star Wars Underworld was told by an inside source several months ago some details about the final/transitional arc that Friedman is referring to in his recent tweets. The arc has 3 episodes and will tie the series into the Battle of Coruscant that takes place at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith."

... means anything about another animated show or anything. I personally will be happy if we see them end the show as Obi-Wan and Anakin fly into the Battle of Coruscant; I've been saying for a while that that would be my preferred way to see it end, and not overlapping with ROTS. As much as I want to see the definitive end of Ahsoka, there is still some way they can do it before the beginning of ROTS. And as the OP of the "Order 66 on TCW" thread, I'm also happy if the show doesn't try to actually cover the events of Order 66 either.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The fact that he backtracked and said that he didn't plot the end of TCW but rather the transition into ROTS, I can only interpret in one of two ways: that either the show is going beyond the events of ROTS, or they just laid out how the show is going to conclude, but will keep those stories in reserve indefinitely until they finally decide to end the series.

The first option would at least make me happy that they are going to move out of the Clone Wars timeframe and venture into something new. The second option is hugely disappointing IMO and I would start rooting against the show if it went on too long, as it means continued investment in futilely developing an unimportant three year time frame rather than exploiting the potential of untouched time frames and new stories.

Wanting a show to end does not necessarily mean it's bad. But ending on a strong note is way better than running a show into the ground and overstaying its welcome until the writers run out of ideas and resorting to jumping the shark again and again.

DeviantSpirit likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I wouldn't say 'shattering,' either, though the article's mention of at least 2, possibly 3 more seasons of TCW, along with the writer's considerations regarding the Battle of Coruscant are, I think, the first time we've heard such things suggested from someone with 'inside' knowledge.

I think that this Chris Seekell's closing statement, "But taking what Friedman said today into account, the "end" of the series may only be a transition to something else." is clearly just conjecture on his or her part and some of us may have been guilty of going along for the ride. To me, Brent Friedman's quotes read simply as the show's ending being written to lead smoothly into the events of ROTS (I mean, the man did come right out and say it - "I should have said we plotted the transition from our TV series to Episode III"), while this unnamed, 'inside source' makes mention of the show looking to tackle the Battle of Coruscant (which to me, is really quite exciting).

eht13 and QuangoFett like this.
  16. Ziro the Butt

Ziro the Butt Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    Does Ziro die?

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That's been the downfall of so many great shows. Put bluntly studios don't care if it's bad or not as long as it sells.
    Xfiles is a great example. At its peak in the 90's it was considered the greatest show ever, The whole world watched it. Seriously as a recognized name it was almost on par with Starwars, then Carter kept dragging and dragging it out and now its a joke.

The funny thing is they don't need to drag it out. There is an 18 year gap between Sith and ANH plenty of time to do stories and a series set in between. As show with Starkiller in a computer game it works and will be popular at the same time.

As for Ahsoka I do like the charachter but I don't think she should outlast the show. Not only is she never mentioned again outside it, as Anakin's apprentice, surrogate daughter,sister and the fact that the relationship works on the show, her death would be a great way to start off the transition to him becoming Vader. Losing her and going nuts on the villan who does it etc.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Reminds me of South Park and the Imaginationland Trilogy which was a shelved series finale until Trey Parker said they ran out of ideas and just used it, and Imaginationland was back in season 11. Now 16 seasons.

19. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Wow! I'm so surprised.

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    What about LOE and DR?
    Will TCW ignore, or simply trample over them?

I'm all for TCW ending, where ROTS begins.

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would only except TCW going into ROTS is if Vader killed Ahsoka in the Jedi Temple raid and Obi-Wan finds her body when he returns. That doesn't happen then end it with Anakin and Obi-Wan flying into the Battle of Coruscant.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Show few seconds of the Battle of Coruscant, I agree with that. If going past that however after that stay far away from any scenes in ROTS including Ahsoka being in the Jedi Temple and being killed by Vader. I'd rather see her in battle on some planet when Order 66 happens safely away from having any effect on any scene in the movie.

23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    This.

Though on the bright side, more seasons means more DanGrievous megamixes.[face_coffee]

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I wouldn't be happy if TCW ended with Anakin knowing Ahsoka got killed and going dark side on the hind quarters of whoever killed her. That would be too obviously related to events in Ep. III to reasonably go unmentioned IMO. She needs a fate that makes more sense to leave out of the Shmi/Padme discussions.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That sounds such an awful way to kill her off I can actually believe Lucas doing it though I hope he doesn't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.