main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The end of the line...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Oct 13, 2011.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey all,

I've been thinking about this off and on for a while and I've finally come to the decision a couple weeks ago that it is time for me to step down as your Fan Art moderator and move on. My professional art career is starting to blossom and I need all the time necessary to pursue it. I've also been suffering from burnout and the forum and the community itself deserves better.

This is by no means a farewell - I fully intend to continue to post in the community and share my artwork with everyone. I have a lot of fun and interesting projects in the works (including sketch cards for Star Wars Galaxy 7) that I would like to share with everyone when I am able. You guys have been absolutely great over the past several years and it has been a real pleasure to be your moderator. I hope the community continues to grow in the future and thrive with a tight-knit group of artists, fans and collectors. We truly have something special here - a real sense of camaraderie that goes above and beyond what I have seen elsewhere. I wish you all the best of luck! [:D]

With that said, the process of selecting and promoting your new moderator is already well underway. Expect an announcement to be made within the next couple of days!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Good luck with your career! I hope to see you at a convention some day so you can review my portfolio. :p

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It won't be the same without you but I know that you will be around and posting. Wishing you all the best for your career, I am glad that you are pursuing further with your artistry and I am excited to see what you are working on next :) [:D].

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Good luck with your career and looking forward to see more here.

And thanks for hosting this Forum in such an enjoyable way[face_dancing]=D=

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, guys! You're all really great! [:D]

Even though I'm not leaving for good, it's still going to be hard to step down from the position I've held almost 6 years. But like I said, it's time. It's time to give someone else the chance to make this place shine. ;)

Haha, maybe someday I'll get to that point! I'm hoping to, anyway. In fact, I'm already looking into different conventions and where would be a good place to start. If things go according to plan, you may start seeing me show up at conventions next year! [face_peace]

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    While I'm sad to see you step down, I'm sure you will have all the greatest success in your career - it sounds like you are heading towards some really exciting places! Hopefully in a few years I will see you at Artist's Alley at DragonCon! :)

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Hell, for that matter, I hope to some day get to your position!

Any parting words for any aspiring artists who are looking for publishers and fame?

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Good luck Steph, and thank you for all the time and dedication you've invested into this place and to your fantastic work!

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Also get better! That is the most important thing after a burnout, hon.

[:D]