main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica- Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 3, 2004.

1. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've always thought so too!

2. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Any ideas when the Season three is coming out on dvd?

3. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Season 3 is already out

try here:

AMazon link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B000OY8NCE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-3724236-1273409?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1191455070&sr=8-1

HMV

I woould like tosee Alex Siddig to appear in Battlestar :p

4. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    Season 3 is only out in the UK and Australia right now. So for us North Americans we are out of luck right now unless you have an all region DVD player and the patience to import the UK set. There is still no announcement on the Region 1 release, and likely won't be one until after the release of Razor.

5. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The rumors are summer right now.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Next summer?

7. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Yep, that's what TV Guide says.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's a big "What the ****, Universal?" right there.

9. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    *** dammit, why are they trying to piss off their fans?

10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Razor comes out on November 24th, and will be released on DVD on December 4th.

The final season may very well be split into 2, with 10 episodes starting in '08 and the final in '09. However, a producer on the show said that this may lead to a fan revolt not only for the obvious reasons, but because the fans will go "nuts" over how the 10th episode ends.

Peace,

V-03

11. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    " *** dammit, why are they trying to piss off their fans?"

Because the execs over at NBC don't care about fans. They only care about ratings and money, and they figure this way will gain them more of each. In other words, they suck.

D_M_S_L

12. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Yeah. I like BSG, but I'm really starting not to care anymore. When does Lost come back?

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The producer sounds proud of it. Typical. :p

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What do people think of the Razor Flashbacks?

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Old school Cylons FTW. :D

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    The last one was really cool.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I just finished watching season 3 last night, and overall it was very unbalanced compared to the greatness of the first two seasons. Overall the season was still good, but I did not like the last episode at all. It was an onslaught of sudden weirdness, and I don't think I am going to like whatever storyline is created for the four new cylons. What was up with Starbuck? She has been to earth and will take them there, but how are they going to manage to take an entire season to get there when she knows where it's at? What was going on with Balter appearing in front of the five figures? How did he get there?

Part of the episode was presented like someone's dream. I don't like that, unless it is actually a dream of some sort.

I have been wondering for quite some time now, but what is up with the Cylons and "...they have a plan" in each episode's opening? What is their plan, exactly?

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I thought that it was a little better than Season 3, with better standalone episodes overall.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So I caught the Razor screening last night- and though disspaointed they didn't present the extended DVD version, it was still really, really awesome. It had pretty much everything I had hoped for in a Pegasus story, and more (the old-skool Cylon cockpit shot, complete with a TRUE honest-to-god "By Your Command.", got lots of applause). It was nice to see Cain pre-psycho hardass, and I was intrigued by the DVD preview that there seems to be more of her backstory in the DVD version.

My favorite detail was early on when the future-XO chick is arriving on Pegasus for the first time, and the Raptor POV shot actually turns upside down as they're using the underside landing bay- a nice touch since they never really spotlighted that design feature of the Peggy.

Also, there's a great bit of revelation in regards to us the audience reinterpretating what we've gathered from the S4 commercials- The proto-Hybrid claims Starbuck will lead humanity to it's doom. So, if the fleet is in fact going in a direction that Starbuck claims is wrong, might they in fact actually be going the right way afterall?

Audience and I were dissapointed that the Season 4 preview was just the same "WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!" commercial we've all already seen, though.

Oh, and the mid-film Mass Effect commercial intermission was rather annoying- but since it was free, guess we can't complain too much.

Going by the Season 4 commercial, they think Starbuck is a Cylon and thus don't trust her claims and apparently lock her up, with ehr screaming "WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!").

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, the final Razor flashback is up...and it includes a final scene not in the TV version, shown briefly in the ads of Commander Adama in the BSG museum wing just prior to the attack (you can see "Colonial One" arriving/leaving in the background), with the Oldskool Cylon on display.

However, the most interesting bit is that Doral shows up... and informs him that he suggested to flight HQ to make Lee available for the ceremonial fly-by, and that they agreed.

Now, there's also a followup comment by Doral that "it's a shame she's being decomissioned, but Galactica's war is long over", followed by a brief shifty glance.

However, it's that first bit that is far, far more interesting, since it implies the Cylons wanted Lee to be among the survivors, which in turn suggests...

"Adama is a Cylon."

:eek:

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Finally watched Razor and it was awesome. Some nice effects to look at, but I won't elaborate until it airs on tv. The story was tight and I only wish I could have watched it in a theater, but it wasn't in the Pittsburgh area.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-11PM Sci Fi, TV-14 "Battlestar Galactica: Razor"
    B+

"Meant to hold us Battlestar junkies until season 4 in the spring, this installment blends three stories from three different times: William Adama's first mission as a pilot (Nico Cortez plays a young Edward James Olmos), Lee Adama's (Jamie Bamber) first outing as commander of the Pegasus, and what exactly happened to the Pegasus, and what exactly happened to the Pegasus after the Cylon assault. While BSG's return features thought-provoking plotlines (when is it okay to fire on unarmed citizens whom you're assigned to protect?), it stumbles a bit with an all-too-formulaic climax (''Go on without me.'' ''No, you go on without me!'' ? not exact quotes, but they may as well be). Still, this Razor is sharp enough. ?Dalton Ross"

23. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    When does Razor air?

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Wow I really liked that.

I believe tonights show will tide me over till March..........nah