main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica- Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 3, 2004.

1. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    My guess is that everyone has forgotten that the show is coming back on. I'm excited to have this cliffhanger that has been sitting for a year resolved. I just hope skiffy doesn't decide to have a one year hiatus after the front ten of this season airs.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Judge by the way things are shaping up, I think there will be a hiatus, but I don't think it will be a very long one. My guess is that it will be something along the lines of Season 2.0 and 2.5.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I suspect that it'll either be late fall, or maybe as late as 2009, as previously mentioned. It'll depend on the ratings.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    It looks like scifi.com has the new episode available to watch in it's entirety right now.

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    New episode tonight, folks.

6. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Okay, everyone, BSG n00b here. I decided that I'm going to start watching the series on DVD, but when I went to go put it on my Blockbuster List, I was presented with lots of options...where to begin?

SciFi Channel Season 1?
    The SciFi Miniseries?
    The Movie?
    The OLD TV series?

Help!

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Start with the miniseries. Its the pilot episode for the re-imagined show. Watch the miniseries and go from there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, stay out of the Battlestar threads if you don't want to be spoiled. Half the fun of Battlestar Galactica is trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

8. Radical-Edward

Radical-Edward Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2002
    Ditto on all that ^^

Start with the miniseries, then go season 1-2-3, then the movie Razer, then season 4.

But whatever you do, STAY THE F AWAY FROM THE OLD SERIES!

You've been warned [face_plain]

;)

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Miniseries
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Razor
    Season 3
    Season 4

Yeah, don't watch the old series.

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Amazing episode for Season 4. Can't wait for next week.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. Its very campy and the special effects haven't aged very well. Some of the stories aren't too bad, but overall, its best to just stay away from it.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great opening episode last night- that opening space battle was easily one of the most gorgeous since Babylon 5. Damn cliffhangers- I need next week's episode pronto!

13. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    I thought it was pretty good overall. The quality space battle does not compensate for the true lack of actual content, and very diluted and sometimes choppy storytelling. I asked myself "what did I come away from the episode with, that I didn't already know/deduct/guess, at the end of last season." I don't need them to spill the beans completely after the first episode, and I know its meant to pull me into next weeks show, but after all the anticipation, it was just too much filler.

Ultimately as with any other BSG episodes that could have been flops, Baltar and the evolution of his storyline save the day.

Best thing about this weeks show, besides Baltar, is now I don't have to get bombarded with BSG propoganda if I turn on the SCI-FI channel =)

14. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Great, thanks everyone!!!

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  16. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I missed the first two shows. What were the story titles for these two. I want to watch them on line before tomorrow night. :)

17. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Would it shock anyone if it ended up to be Zarek as the last Cylon? The former actor who portrayed Apollo (Richard Hatch) being the lead Cylon. I think that this is who it will end up being.

18. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    I've been wondering if Kara's whole thing about how her ship blew up and now she's back is BG's way of introducing the Seraphs from the original series?

Except, far less cooky?

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    First three episodes this season were:

He That Believeth in Me
    Six of One
    The Ties That Bind

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Where are all the BSG people? Who is the last Cylon? Is Starbuck leading them to their doom and why am I posting by myself on a Friday night? :p

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I just don't have internet at home any more. It's 9:30 pm and I'm still in the office, working on a paper due tomorrow. I *am* going home to watch the ep though.

22. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    Thus far, Season 4 is only slightly better than Season 3. Which isn't saying much because Season 3 was horrendous. What Season 4 has going for it, though, are its central mysteries of Earth, the final Cylon, Starbuck and the prophecy, and how and when the other four Cylons will be revealed to their comrades. If only they could write a decent episode, though. Gaeta singing? Yeesh.

23. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    Last Epsiode was actually really good.

They're just getting their butts handed to them by LOST, is all.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I agree. The first very good episode so far this season. I think the writers have begun to find their stride for the final season.

25. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    The whole FTL malfunction with the Demetrius was pure contrivance. Gaeta's singing was cringeworthy. Roslin whining about the burdens of command was laughable considering she wanted the burden of command so badly that she tried to steal an election to get it. The multiple double-crosses were pointless. Baltar's goatee thingy makes him look like he's escaped from a Pirates of Penzance production. Admiral Adama looks like he's smells something bad (maybe the writing on the series?). Athena shooting Six was way over-the-top. Etc.

I will give the episode this much credit: the dream sequences were interesting and it moved the plot a bit further. But simple plot movement doesn't necessarily equate to good writing, good acting, or a good episode.

Actually, I'm glad that there are only three episodes left in this half-season. I'm going to enjoy the long break before the final ten episodes. [face_laugh]