Amph The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica- Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 3, 2004.

1. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So who else thinks that when the humans finally find Earth Baltar will end up being Jesus?

!snap
  2. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    He's already Jesus. He just hasn't found his way to Earth yet.
  3. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  4. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    10-11PM Sci Fi, TV-14-LV
    Battlestar Galactica

"Vipers and Cylons working together? Stop them, damn it, that's appeasement!"

5. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
  6. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5

It seems that he knows somethings about Islam
    I wonder why he hasn't mentioned about Judaism as being the 3 Abramic Religion.
  7. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Its funny that you should mention that. I always thought that Battlestar WAS based in Judaism, specifically the idea of Twelve Tribes of Israel looking for the lost 13th Tribe.
  8. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    BSG is based off of Mormonism if I remember correctly.
  9. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Still makes you wonder why he left out Judasim.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think he left out Judaism at all. Mormonism is referenced through Kobol and the Quorum of Twelve. The survivors of the Twelve Colonies of Man looking for the Thirteenth Colony is a blantant reference to the Jews. So is the figure of the "dying leader." In the Old Testament, God told Moses that he would lead God's chosen people to the promised land, but would not enter the promised land himself. In universe, the Scroll of Pythia foretells the comming of a dying leader who will point the way to Earth.
  11. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  12. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so
    earth is destroyed because of our greed

Intresting
  13. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just saw the last episode of BSG of the MID season and I will echo what MariahJade2 said
    " Where are all the BSG people? "

Anyway : First Aired on Friday 13 of June, anything could go wrong if you beleive in superstition. Dianna starts taking hostage and and Apollo threans to flush Tigh out of the Air lock bla bla bla !

However what is interesting is the Final 5 CYlons Dianna stated that their were 4 in Galactica. Could it be that that the fith cylon could be dead ? Killed within the ruins seen. The end scene , I don' think it is Earth my theory is that they may came across another like planet.

whats your thougts

btw: when is the nxt episode of BSG starting
    has anyone seen any blu-ray realise of BSG yet
  14. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    RDM has said it is indeed Earth and that was indeed NYC. However, we assumed all along that Earth was the final destination but do any of the prophecies or Hybrid rants make that claim?

D'Anna saying the Fifth was not on the fleet was interesting. There could be a variety of reasons including that she might not know who the fifth is....that said, I think the most logical candidates at this point for the last Cylon is Lee or Zarek...of course, the BSG writers always seem to come up with something unexpected so who knows who it will be.
  15. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5

For that particular episode or the season finali ?
  16. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To which part of the statement are you referring to? RDM was talking about the season finale, he said it was indeed NYC after the showing of that episode they had at Berkley or wherever it was (One of the Frak parties, as they are known).

If you are talking about the prophecies, I mean all through the series.
  17. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  18. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Im new to BSG and just recently finished watching the first season on DVD. I dont know, maybe I built it up too much in my mind due to so much acclaim for the show over the years, but I just didnt get blown away by it like I expected. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and it seems like it has potential to get better, I just didnt think that it was as amazing as Ive heard in so many places. Id like to watch the other seasons because very few shows are brilliant in their first seasons, and hopefully Ill get the chance to. Now its only a matter of whether I want to take a chance buying S2 on DVD like I did with S1 or simply watch online or through other means.

Advice ?
  19. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Just started watching BSG, I'm halfway through the first season. And I'm hooked! :D
  20. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    'Battlestar Galactica' prequel series, 'Caprica,' coming in 2010

Dec 2, 2008, 01:16 PM | by Abby West

"After a dud like this fall's TV season, I'm in serious need of shows to look forward to. Sure, the January returns of Lost, 24, and Battlestar Galactica have got me pretty amped, but can anyone name any bright spots beyond that? Imagine my delight to find out that the SciFi Channel has greenlit a prequel to BSG called Caprica. It's not scheduled to air until 2010 (with a pilot directed by Friday Night Lights' Jeffrey Reiner) but, folks, that's still something.

The show is set 50 years before BSG and follows the lives of two rival families--the Graystones and the Adamas. That's right. We'll be following along with Admiral Bill Adama's father, Joseph, a civil liberties lawyer played by Esai Morales. At the start of the series, New Adama's got a real problem with the experiments being run by the head of the Graystone family, played by Eric Stoltz. That would be the same family whose computer company is developing some living robots called Cylons. Ever heard of 'em?

While the show will be futuristic, it's set in "a society recognizably close to our own" that's dealing with artificial intelligence and robotics. The network claims that it will "deliver all of the passion, intrigue, political backbiting and family conflict in television?s first science fiction family saga." So, it'll be even more of a sci-fi soap opera than BSG, and I'm okay with that. How about you?"
  21. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    What a rip. Why can't they simply do a retelling of the first Cylon war stretched out over 2 seasons, with a definitive endpoint (the treaty)? Something more concise than the meandering BSG series, which lost me in the second season. This concept sounds like a recipe for boredom and mid-season cancellation.
  22. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Bump - new Galactica today! 1st Webisode, Face of the Enemy, is out.
  23. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Okay, I'll up it and change the title...
  24. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Zazs if I wanna talk about the remaindig BSG episode , how am I gonna do that if you change the title ?
  25. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    The title dictates nothing.